“People are to quick to complain- its a good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Batihan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ilica Mevkii, Kusadasi 09440 , Turkey   |
Ranked #10 of 148 Hotels in Kusadasi
Grantham, United Kingdom
“People are to quick to complain- its a good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here from the 10th oct. I read the reviews but thought I know it's out of the way but I was aware of that!! I go on holiday for the sun and that's what I got if you want to walk about don't come to this hotel..... It dosent make it a poor hotel.
The place is always being cleaned (which is nice) and I don't know why people moan about the food...... There is plenty to eat sometime you have to accept there isn't just English people here, other nationalities are too. I think the hotel try's to serve for all. They also have a really nice BBQ at lunch!!
They did have a problem with people's rooms but go and tell them, they will sort it and have a nice holiday..... These things happen!!

Overall this holiday has been ace, I got what I paid for (around £650 all inc for 2 ppl 7nights) bargain!! It's a very good 4* compared to other parts of turkey and you out of the way not being hassled, entertainment at night and 24 hr bar.

The staff are very friendly and always willing to help. I think British ppl are to quick to moan..... This hotel is very nice!! :-)

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
LEICESTER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is split into 2 bulildings, one old one new, it's advisable to definately pay the extra to be
in the new building, we are a family of 2 adults and an 11 year old and booked a superior sea view room for 3 . The view was amazing, the balcony and bathroom huge however there was no way the room was big enough for 3 people.
Moving onto the security issues. Our 11 year old had popped from the room at teatime down to the pool bar directly below our room via the lift to get herself a drink. On her way back up in the lift and man of Turkish appearance grabbed her and tried to kiss her, if it wasn't for her quick thinking by getting out of the lift quick I dread to think what could have happened. To top it off the man was not even a hotel guest it appeared after checking cctv. Never once did we have our bands checked walking into the hotel car park and anybody could wonder round the side of the hotel and get it. We still to this day did not receive an appology from the hotel manager.
Do watch your children at all times.
The animation team were amazing, always happy and full of fun, the food was basic but they make the most with what they have and the Thomas Cook rep was amazing helping us with our incident.
If you are travelling as a family pay the extra for a family room or duplex room and keep your eye on your kids!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed between 26th September and 3rd October. The hotel was overbooked when we arrived which was a little bit of a let down. But once we got there we had a fantastic time. The food was beautiful, the rooms were stunning and cleaned every day, the animation team were such a good laugh. All staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel is about 15 minutes away from the centre of kusadasi but taxis and dolmus' were always available, it was nice to be out of the way from all the noise. Overall we had a fantastic time and would definitely stay again. We went as a couple, we would recommend upgrading to one of the pool access rooms, they were beautiful.

• Stayed October 2012
Banbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Where do I start - Booked on line to make sure I sat next to my wife £30 - At Birmingham Airport - Thomas Cook Rep inquired if anyone wanted seats with more leg room, me being 5"11 decided to pay the extra £20 for the seats - So in total I paid £50 for the Outbound and inbound flights. We were given seats 2A & 2B, in the front of the aircraft, by the bulkhead, These were not extra leg room seats, after speaking to the Aircraft Despatcher, he agreed, and asked us to fill out some forms so we could get a refund. When we looked around the aircraft, there were loads of empty seats.

Got to the Batihan Hotel early in the morning, Finally got the room key, room 321, We paid for a room to suit 3 adults, not 2 adults a 1 child, 3 adults, so imagine my amazement, when I opened the door and found 2 single beds, no Balcony, it was so small, even the mice had humpbacks, my poor wife felt sick and claustrophobic, I immediately went back to reception to say they had made a mistake, his first words were, "I was waiting for you to come back down, we have no room for you, but tomorrow will be okay, come back at 11:30 and we will have a room for you" so back at 11: 30 we went onlt to be told it will be ready around 2pm, So you can imagine, no point unpacking the cases, so we had a tight shower becaus eof the very little room in the shower itself, fresh underwear but yesterdays clothes hanging around the hotel for apprx 6 hours waiting to get the other room so we could unpack and start our relaxing holiday, How wrong was I, the room they gave us 301, was a little bigger and with a small balcony, but it did have a double bed so we decided to accept this room and now try and start our long awaited holiday, this was only the beginning of a completely awful holiday.

The food is dreadful, I read all the other comments before I left, I decided to have Fried egg on toast, nearly every morning, my wife, thought it best to have the bread and the selection of ham and cheeses, the afternoon meal was even worse, the rice was warm, which is dangerous for any rice to be kept warm because of bacteria, I tried the pasta and that was also cold, I had soup and bread, and even chicken nuggets and chips, which was cold too. my wife had salad for nearly the whole two weeks. Please be warned *** THE FOOD IS NOT GOOD *** and this was the same for the evening meal. The cakes however, some were lovely.

Then on the 3rd day I managed to have the trots, bad stomach craps, huge pain in my gut, followed by a night of very high temp but bloody freezing, my wife nearly called in the doctors, but she put her foot down and pulled the sheet off me so I could cool down, but what a night, apparently, I was delirious and talking in my sleep. Thanks to Anne and Kevin, from Liverpool, she went to the local chemist and got me some tablets, because Kevin had the same problem earlier in the week, "Thanks guys"

by the 5th night, and after so many early nights, I now picked up a cold/Flu Chest infection, I have a doctors appointment today, It started off with a sore throat, runny nose and then cough cough cough, no strength, and very lethargic, we arranged to meet someone at 9pm so we decided to have a cat-nap at 5pm, didn't wake up until 7am the next morning.

The only positive on our sham of a holiday, was the sun, I read three books and managed to get a little brown.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,
I know some people rate this hotel and holiday, they were lucky, don’t go or even book here and hope everything will be okay like we did, it ruined our holiday, and we haven’t had a holiday for 5 years, we’ve come back to the UK, full of colds, really depressed and upset.
We are going to let Thomas Cook know all about this nightmare, I’m hoping they will do the right thing with us and give us compensation
We did see the Reps, the first Rep didn’t give a damn, because she was leaving, her replacement said we should have been sorted out on the first initial night, Thomas Cook offered, wait for it, to pay to have an extension on our room on our last day until 4pm, but if we said yes, we would have to sign a waiver saying that would be our compensation. Of course we said NO.

Room Tip: Check your room, They appear to give them out willy nilly. For example, A lovely couple, Sisters, w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

having arrived was told they had overbooked,sent to another hotel for the night,brought back the next day at 12,oclock,no rooms were ready when we finally got in our room,3 adults only 2 single beds,they gave us a camp bed, even tho they had another 2 rooms free,which were bigger,but they wanted more money,we refused and tryed to make the most of it,until we went down for dinner,what a let down,food was bad,room was bad,there attitude was bad,the 24hr allinclusive was a joke,when its gone its gone there words not mine,the hotel is not in kusadasi its over 40 mins drive away,so your stuck in the middle of a housing estate,nowere to go in the evenings but to the splash bar,sitting on hard chairs all evening with no entertainment,it was just a joke,if you still choose to go to this hotel,god help you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
macclesfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

arrived at izmir airport,this was the first shock the walk to the transfer coach was a long way,including a bridge which i could not manage to cross on my own,as i am in a wheelchair.my wife was struggling with the suitcases on a trolley which rolled back onto her,i had managed to get help off a thomas cook rep who pushed me to the coach,arrived at the BATIHAN BEACH RESORT by mid afternoon,the room was still been cleaned,got in at 4-50p.m,wrong room.we had asked for a disabled room in october when we booked with THOMAS COOK,this was confirmed by them 4 weeks before we went.my wife went to see the manager who she said was swarmy,as did everyone who had the misfortune to meet him.he moved us to a family room in which i could manage to get into the shower o.k.we got disabled room day after at 1-15pm.to use the lift in our part of the hotel you had to take the peddles off the wheelchair move the wheels round as the lift was to small.the cock up with the wrong rooms continued every day,a young couple given a room with 3 beds and a family with a child given a room with just a double bed.we had a mini-bar in our room which was never stocked or had anything in it the whole 2 weeks.the charity night that the reps ran,and cost over 40tl was terrible the times of the pick up coach were changed 3 times,the venue was to small,and noisy,all the drinks were 10tl.to get to the venue we had to walk or be pushed in a wheelchair a quite a long way,and the club was unsuitable for the disabled,there were 6 of us,there was no way we could get into the toilets.now for the good stuff,the food this was really good,but remember this is turkey and the food can be quite spicy.the restaraunt were really nice and looked after us.the hotel itself is nice,and really clean.the entertainment is the same as everywhere else we have been so we did not bother with it,we made some wonderful friends and had a really good time.we would go back here if you didnt have to cross the bridge and got the right rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Travelled Here 08th Sept 2012 for 1 weeks stay.First off, The flight to Turkey Izmir was delayed leaving Dublin for 2 hours which just made the whole day longer. On arrival to the Batihan it look very nice on the outside and the inside. The Reception Staff were fairly prompt in checking in the guests, as we were a party of 7, we had booked 3 rooms.Requested on booking in April that we had adjoining rooms on a high up floor. 2-2 and 3 to a room. 2 of our party were placed in a large family room in the new building with instruction that it would be just for 1 night and that they would have to move the following day. They other 2 of our party were placed in a tiny room with a double bed( these are sisters, not a couple ) and the remaining 3 including me of the party were placed in the smallest room possisble with just an extra bed squeezed in ( my bathroom at home is bigger than this entire room) Also to add, these rooms were all different sides to the large hotel. We immediately went back to the reception to compain about the room and were told in no manner or speaking that it was tough luck, that they would not move us. They changed rooms for our party with the double bed, but refused to help us 3 adults at all. The room was so small we could not place our cases on the floor at all or even walk around the room. We should have been advised of room sizes on booking from Direct Holidays. The manager arrived and was the rudest man I have ever met in my Life! His attitiude and that of his staff at the reception are highly unacceptable and disgusting. This continued all night of back and forth where i had to contact the Rep of the travel company to complain about the treatment and the room. I was told by a very rude Rep on the phone that the Rep would be in the hotel the next morning for the welcome meeting and would sort this for us! This was after the Reception staff threatened to phone the police on me and have me arrested for being so irrate as the Guy at the counter was feigning to yawn as were trying to make him understand that this whole situation was unacceptable.The Rep eventually showed up the next morning ( Late ) and after explaining everything we were then ask to pay a further €15.00 per night for a larger room. We had to agree so we could start our holiday properly.We were given a lovely room in the new building with a seaview and it was gorgeous and spacious, just like we should of had in the first place.
Proceeding to continue with the holiday we were scammed into purchasing treatment in the Hotel Spa ( Avoid at all Costs) As this was a huge waste of money. The staff are unprofessional and untrained in what they are doing. And I cam out just as stressed as before I went in, Also 1 of our guests had an alergic reaction to the face mask they used and the staff were not trained in dealing with this.
The Hotel is a distance from Town, but you can get the number 6 Dolmus outside the gates of the hotel going to Centrum, and its TYL2.75 per person which is cheap. Very good service.
On a good note, the hotel itself is lovely. The dining area was reletively clean and the food was lovely, hot and various but the staff here were not that helpful at all. We asked one night for a table for 7 and they just waved towards the area as if to say, find your own!. The staff in the rest of the hotel are nice. The Pool bar staff are in short supply and you can wait a while to be served, but the young guys that serve in the pool area are great and they serve you quickly and always with a smile as the Pool bar manager was very good and friendly and kept all the staff working hard. The beach area is lovely, clean and not too overcrowed like the pool area ( which you had to be up at 6am to get a bed) The Beach Restaurant is Superb, staff and service and food all great and no complaints.They have built a new block recently to accomadate more guests but have not provided more space for Dining and relaxing though. This hotel caters a lot for Germans, and Dutch and Turkish Guests, and not so much Irish and English, but this can be ok if you just keep yourself to yourself and not pay attention to their rude antics.
Overall, I would be very hard pushed to go back here as the staff in Reception just runied the entire holiday with their rudeness and unhelpfullness, but apart from the the Hotel itself is worth a visit even if just for the beach alone.

Room Tip: Pay extra on booking for a larger room in the new building with a view. And demand to get what you p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Batihan? Share your experiences!