“Excellent holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kustur Club Holiday Village

You added Kustur Club Holiday Village to your Saves list
Kustur Club Holiday Village
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bayrakli Dede Mevki Kusadasi, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #20 of 148 Hotels in Kusadasi
Portsmouth
“Excellent holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed for 9 days in October 2013 after moving from bad experience at Pine Bay Holiday Resort. This was where my holiday started! Staff were fantastic, food was excellent, pools, grounds and rooms were kept spotless and something going on all day, and easy access to kusadasi. See you again Kustur Club you outshine Pine Bay by a million percent. Such a charming resort, loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BaharSelda, Guest Relations Manager at Kustur Club Holiday Village, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Kuştur Club Holiday Village and for taking the time to share your views with the tripadvisor. I was so pleased to read your review and that you had enjoyed your stay with us so much. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kuştur Club Holiday Village soon.

With kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Me and my partner visited here for are first holiday it was perfect rooms are spotless! Food is good with lots of variety bar drinks where great, and entertainment was good! we loved the silent pool! So relaxing! Cant wait to go again

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,
We love receiving reviews from our guests and it really motivates us all when we read such kind words of appreciation.We were all really pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you had such a great holiday and will return.We will be very glad to treat you here again.Warm regards,
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wonderful place

We discovered this wonderful hotel in the summer of 2012. We had originally reserved only 4 nights but we were so pleased with everything that we decided to extend our stay with one more night. The next summer (in 2013) we stayed 7 nights and again it felt as too short. We even invited another family and they were very satisfied as well. For this summer our plan is to book at least 10 nights, and here is why:

Well… first of all, the hotel consists of small houses hidden between the trees. Squirrels are playing around, birds are singing, everywhere is green as if you are in a forest. It is perfect for families with kids. Children can freely and safely play outside, can enjoy the kid’s pool with their new friends they have just met, can paint or do other creative activities in the child care center, explore the birds in the zoo, enjoy the various waterslides, and of course attend the mini-disco every night. That’s the reason why kids feel sad when it is time to leave.

The hotel is surprisingly quiet despite the number of families with kids. Therefore I would strongly recommend it also to singles or any couples looking for a relaxing holiday. Along with the Silent Pool there is of course the area of the Main Pool with all kinds of daily activities and animations.

In general the service is at very high level. People are warm and welcome you with a smile. Housekeeping is well managed. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. They all are air-conditioned. The mosquito problem which each hotel faces is very well handled.

The food is great and of huge variety. There are different types of restaurants appealing to different tastes and preferences. In addition, soups, snacks, and other local cookies and sweets are offered from the morning till midnight.

The sea is not deep and is perfect for the kids to play. It is better in the morning as in the late afternoon can have some bigger waives. Therefore we preferred the Silent Pool for the afternoons.

The location is also very convenient to do a daily trip to Ephesus, the Virgin Mary’s House, or do a shopping tour in Izmir.

To summarize, we had two wonderful summer vacations at this hotel and we are looking forward for our third visit this year, again inviting another family with us.

Room Tip: Silent Pool area
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BaharSelda, Guest Relations Manager at Kustur Club Holiday Village, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
How kind of you to write such a fantastic review of your recent stay with us and to read that you are coming back again soon - excellent news!

Warmest Greetings from the Kuştur Club Holiday Village
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

lovely resort cannot fault the staff food was plenty to choose from but is catered more for Europeans drinks are plentiful and strong only down side is it is a bus ride to town but the dolumus pick you up right outside the hotel for less than a pound rooms where cleaned everyday we had one by the silent pool witch is exactly that it was a superior room witch i strongly recommend the snack bar during the day was ok but food was often cold we went in October and the nights were chilly and there is only bar that has inside seating and that fills up very quick it was either eat early and get a seat in the silent bar or eat a little later like we do and then there was no where to sit great holiday thou if you like peace and quite if you prefer more night life then maybe this place is not for you

Room Tip: superior room by the silent pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BaharSelda, Guest Relations Manager at Kustur Club Holiday Village, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Kuştur Club Holiday Village and for taking the time to share your views with the tripadvisor we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to Kuştur Club Holiday Village.Best regards
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as it was recommended by a friend ,we went at the end of season and it was very cold at night , no outdoor heating around the pool bar at night which made it unbearable to sit and have a drink in the evening , you could go and sit in the bar at the quiet pool , but that was like a scene out of cacoon ... Bored to death at night so had to go into town to find a bit of entertainment ? All the specialty restaurants had all been shut on site which we weren't told when booking , the food in the hotel was ok , but we did grow tired of it and went out most nights for a good steak as the BBQ was never lit in the food hall , something I was looking forward too , the rooms were ok with air con , ours wasn't working but I didn't bother saying anything as it was a heater we could have done with , the weather was fine during the day though .. The hotel beach had a lot of waste on it and someone had took a s#|+ on the sand , pop bottles and fag buts washed up in the nooks and crannies , looked to me as if they were all geared up for the shutdown as all the sunbeds were being cleared from the beach as well as the chairs and tables around the pool bar just leaving enough for the few guests that were there .120 out of a possible 1400 !! Bloody ghost town , at that time of year I think I should have booked a room in a hotel in the town were there was a bit of atmosphere , I won't let this put me off turkey as the people were very nice , hotel and time of booking will be looked at a bit closer next time , when the rep was taking the bus full of people back to the airport he shouted out , did everyone have a good holiday , the response he got sounded like the last desperate fart of a dying corpse , so I am guessing all the other punters from all the other hotels had a similar experience , this hotel has had great reviews in the past and I am sure it is a good place for families with small children in peak season.... Not the worst but not the best !!!!

Stayed October 2013
BaharSelda, Guest Relations Manager at Kustur Club Holiday Village, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest
We welcome your feedback--whether positive or otherwise--because it gives us an opportunity to recognize our best employees for good work or learn how we can serve you better next time. We will be very glad to treat you here again.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the Kustur Club Holiday Village on 12th October looking forward to a relaxing 10 days and we weren't disappointed. This is a large complex with plenty to offer for families and couples, whether you are looking for a quiet time or prefer a more active holiday there is something for everyone.

We loved the open plan reception area and were greeted by friendly staff who made the check in process quick and easy, giving a brief explanation of the resort and telling us that we could find more detailed information in our rooms. We were then taken, with our luggage, on a golf type buggy by a friendly porter, which pleased us as we would have had difficulty finding our room initially as the place is huge. We were given a first floor room overlooking the Silent Pool, which I had requested via email a few weeks prior to travelling and although not guaranteed the hotel said they would try their best to accommodate my request. The room was large and decorated nicely, with a king size bed as well as a single bed. My husband found the bed to be a bit hard for his liking but due to my back problem I favour a firm mattress and I slept very well for the first time ever on holiday. The bathroom was adequate with complimentary toiletries and plenty of hot water when showering. We had a balcony with a nice table and chairs where we could sit in the mornings or evenings looking out to the lovely view of the mountains at the back of the hotel. The balcony door was very secure, unlike at some hotels we`ve been to where it doesn't even lock and there was also a mesh screen to stop insects flying in when the door was open. We thought this was a nice thoughtful touch as it enabled us to sleep with the door open without the risk of mosquitos or other creepy crawlies invading the room - in fact this is the only time my husband hasn't been bitten by mosquitos whilst on holiday. The room also had a separate window, again with a screen, which was nice if you wanted some more fresh air, although there was air conditioning in the room but we didn't need to use it at this time of year. Although the day time temperatures were around 29-31degrees it was chilly in the mornings and evenings so I would advice to take jackets or cardigans if you visit at this time of year.
The maid left us fresh towels every day and bottles of water however she didn't seem to do much else and made the bed on only 2 occasions - although as Im a very tidy person maybe she thought the room didn't need any attention? Housekeeping staff worked hard throughout the rest of the complex and there was always someone cleaning or attending to the grounds.

As mentioned in previous reviews the whole complex is very pretty with well kept gardens and facilities for all ages. We encountered tame red squirrels, the usual cats and several species of birds including woodpeckers which were also quite tame. I also heard some owls one night whilst I was sitting out on the balcony. We spent a morning just wandering around with our cameras taking photos of the grounds and had a very pleasant time - we were surprised to come across the remains of an old chapel which has been excavated towards the back of the complex.

The rooms towards the back of the hotel up the hill are surrounded by trees and I don't think they would get much sunlight although Im sure that they are just as nice inside as those throughout the rest of the hotel but I would always prefer a room nearer to the Silent pool. The bungalows looked nice too although I think they are a bit smaller than the superior rooms.

There are 3 bars to chose from but we preferred the Silent Pool Bar where we are looked after extremely well by the lovely Yesim who in our opinion was the best of all the bar staff - she even brought me a special drink to help settle my stomach after she learned that I had been unwell. It was lovely to sit outside with a liqueur after dinner but if it got a bit chilly the inside lounge was popular with its real wood fire and lovely décor. We sometimes had a pre dinner drink here but other times would go to the Main Pool Bar for a cocktail before our evening meal. This is a lovely area with views overlooking the sea and it was very relaxing sitting there just enjoying the moment! The Ada Bar too is lovely - very quaint and friendly staff although we only used this on a couple of occasions just for coffee. There is a Beach Bar but we didn't use this - it didn't appear to be very striking but Im sure it served it purpose well as a place to get refreshments whilst using the beach.

We loved the food and considered it to be some of the best food we`ve had on holiday with plenty of choice for even the most fussy eater, and I especially liked the desserts, having a sweet tooth! I was sick though, for the first time ever on holiday and am surprised about this although Im not convinced it was the food as I have a feeling that it may have been a dirty glass I drank out of but hadn't noticed until I had taken a couple of sips. In fact this was the only dirty glass I encountered as a couple of days later I picked up my glass at the main restaurant during lunch and noticed a lipstick mark quite clearly - as I don't wear lipstick I knew it wasn't me! None of the waiters appeared to be bothered about this though. My husband was also ill for one day, but this is not unusual for him on holiday and is probably due to the change in climate however I did persuade him to see the on site medical team who arranged very swiftly for him to be taken to a local clinic to have some intravenous fluids. This was all very well managed and professional.
Back to the subject of the restaurant - our only gripe is the waiters. I had previously read reviews where people stated that they were rude and miserable and I I put this down to the language barrier as not many of the staff are fluent in English. I don't have a problem with this as I am not fluent in other languages and its not a requirement that people speak my language wherever I go however a smile is a smile in any language and it soon became apparent that the waiters favoured certain guests and ignored others whether you smiled at them or not. My husband and I are certainly not rude people, we respect others and always have great admiration for hospitality staff wherever we are as they work so hard, yet even when we tipped a waiter, which I don't believe was required anyway as there was a general tip box at the entrance to the restaurant, we still had to get our own drinks, even when we only wanted water as we were not even offered that. We had to go and get our own bottle of water from the waiter`s station, only to then be given a dirty look and have the bottle taken away again and wasn't allowed to have it on our table. I think only twice were we offered wine or water in the whole 10 days of our stay. The 2 most miserable waiters though appeared to be the twin brothers. We only saw them smile on one night and most of the time we just watched them gesturing and making faces at their bosses behind their backs - not very professional! All the chefs though were friendly and always had a smile for you when they came out into the restaurant to see what needed replenishing, as was the chef doing the show cooking on the grill and the lovely girl making the Turkish pancakes, which we my favourite!

We had late lunch at the snack bar on a few occasions and were very impressed with the variety of food on offer. The staff here were very nice and it was a pleasant place to eat.

We cant comment on the entertainment as we didn't bother with it during our stay as we preferred just to chill out and relax but whenever we saw any of the animation team they always greeted us on a friendly manner and were always smiling. The security staff around the complex were also very friendly and always said hello. The other member of staff I want to mention is the girl at customer relations who books the A la Carte restaurants, we cant remember her name but she was always so helpful and friendly and it was a pleasure meeting her.

There are also a couple of shops and a zoo, however the zoo actually just comprises of a variety of birds with some stone animals in the middle but at least someone has made an effort to provide something else of interest. This is a wonderful resort with many different facets and places of interest around every corner which is why I think it appealed to me.

We went to Kusadasi a couple of times, once on the Dolmus ( never again! ) and next time in a taxi which cost 8 euros. Its a lovely town as is now among one of our favourites - everyone was friendly and you don't get hassled half as much as you would in Egypt or Tunisia. We also did a trip to Ephesus, the Virgin Mary`s House and St John`s Church with a local taxi driver who the hotel reception helped us arrange for a cost of 60 euros which was 20 euros less than the trip we had originally arranged with our rep but cancelled due to our sickness.

Apart from the downside of our stay, which were the sickness and the poor service from the waiters, we had a great holiday and would recommend this hotel as the good outweighs the bad by far. We set out to have some quality time together in a restful environment and we achieved just that with the help of the Kustur Holiday Village. We are looking forward to being able to return with our grandson as we think he would also enjoy all that the Kustur has to offer.

I have only given the hotel a rating of 3 stars for the service because of the waiters and our own maid - this doesn't reflect on the service from all the other staff who were wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms near to the Silent Pool if you like peace and quiet.
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you at our Hotel Kuştur Club Holiday Village. We would like to thank for this feedback. "Thank you"! We will be very glad to treat you here again.
eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travelled with my partner and his sister and her husband, the journey from bodrum airport was very long especially as we arrived approx. 2am - we were offered food as soon as we arrived which was lovely but we just wanted our bed.

We woke late and it was beautiful sunshine, we had room 473 which a room with a balcony on the 1st floor. The bedroom consisted of a double bed, single bed and table and 2 chairs and a desk and chair with a television and there is loads and loads of storage space - the rooms were dated but they were redating as we were leaving for home. The balcony had a table and 2 chairs and a airer. The bathroom had a shower which was small and there was a hairdryer there. The cleaner was excellent she replaced the towels every day and the room smelt beautiful when she left. We sat on the balcony in late afternoon and were visited by ring doves, jays and squirrels - the squirrels were amazing they would come straight to the balcony via the tree branches to take nuts from us, they were so gentle.

I spent the mornings by the silent pool and this was brilliant idea - there were adults there who enjoyed reading or resting and the pools were very clean although extremely cold.

There was the ada café that gave drinks and they were very nice. We use to have a snack at the snack bar at 2ish they did pizzas, hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, sausages, pasta and sauce and meats. there were also salad and fruit. The main restaurant did breakfast from 7am-10am then late breakfast 10am-11am and lunch from 12.30-2pm and dinner at 7pm-9pm - the food was nice we eat mainly salad, fish or grilled meats but the choices were excellent the desserts were lovely as were the fresh fruit especially the promogrates. The waiters did not speak brilliant English but I don't speak Turkish but they were always helpful.

We loved walking down to the beach and watching the fish.

There is a bus stop right outside of the security gates and took you straight down to the town it cost 2.75tlr and you pay when you get off -the market is crowded - the biggest tip knock them sown and if they say no walk away they will chase you and say yes or choose to your price.

I loved the whole resort - it is a little village with all you need and can dream off and doing as little and as much as you wish we explored and relaxed. the cocktails were lovely and the sunshine hot and the village was so well kept and the staff helpful and lovely.

I would recommended any one of any age to visit here you wont regret it

Room Tip: we had 1st floor were we were visited by lots of wild life
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again. We will be very glad to treat you again.

Been to Kustur Club Holiday Village? Share your experiences!