We are a British husband and wife in our fifties, do not normally write reviews but here goes. We are not complainers by nature but would not say this was a five star hotel. Mostly down to the carpet in the bedroom area being grubby and also the sunbeds and sun mattresses were very tired and scruffy! The beach (sand) is also a bit neglected, but the sea was lovely and you can walk out quite a way before it gets too deep, the waves nearly knocked you over sometimes but it was great fun!! We feel it was more a family hotel, there were an awful lot of small children (we went first two weeks of September), which made for pretty noisy meal times in the buffet restaurant. Having said that, my opinion of the food is that it was very good, huge selection, even the most fussy eater should find something that they like! We did not try the A la Carte restaurants as my husband likes very basic English fare, Steak and chips for example, I do despair sometimes!!!!!!!!!!! so cannot comment on those. Also, the majority of tourists when we were there were French and German, very few English, it just made it very difficult to converse with other people or make friends (we obviously do not speak any foreign language ourselves). However, where possible we tried to use basic Turkish with the staff. The biggest downside for us was that there was nowhere to walk to outside of the hotel in the evenings. OK, Kusadasi town is only 5-10 by Dolmus away, but you do not always want to get on a bus. We also did not think that Kusadasi itself was as nice as other harbour towns we have been to (Bodrum and Fethiye being examples) so did not want to go there every night. On the positive side, all of the staff were extremely friendly and as accommodating as possible, at least that it how we found them, but by example, we were always polite and friendly with them, after all it costs nothing to be polite!! On the whole a nice holiday, very relaxing, we did nothing all day but sunbathe on the beach or quiet pool (we did not go to the pool with the slides, too noisy for us). We normally do a couple of trips but quite frankly just couldn't be bothered this time. Ephesus is only about 25 minutes away by car, worth a visit if you are into ruins etc we would think. Also, just wanted to say, we went with Thomas Cook and our rep Angela was a real sweetie, we did not need her services but we spoke with her a couple of times and she was always very willing to go out of her way to help or give advice. For getting around in Turkey we always use the Dolmus buses, very cheap. It is approx 2-3 miles to Kusadasi town and the Dolmus cost just 275 Turkish Lira per person each way!! Also, we travelled to Ozdere (45 mins away) and it only cost 750 Turkish Lira per person each way! (we felt we would have been better placed to stay in Ozdere as there were a few bars and restaurants here that we could have gone to for a drink in outside of your hotel facilities in the evenings. I suppose if you are happy to spend ALL of your time in your hotel and not venture outside then Kustur may suit you, we all like different things so can only say as we found it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Majesty Club Kuştur is an unique holiday club spread over a 170 acres of land where the turquoise blue of Aegean sea blends into a huge forest of pine trees with beautiful spring flowers that is proud of serving five-star accommodation and catering services since 1966. Majesty Club Kuştur is only 4 km away from Kuşadası town center and distance to Izmir’s Adnan Menderes Airport is only 70 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kustur Club Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kustur Club Holiday Village Hotel Kusadasi
- Kustur Hotel Holiday Village
- Kustur Hotel Kusadasi