My vacation in Kusadasi was in September 2008. Along with some friends, I stayed in Tusan Beach Hotel for one week.
Having heard so many good things about Turkey beaches and services, my expectations were pretty high. That’s why the disappointment I felt when arriving to the hotel was quite significant.
Firstly, the beach seemed wide and well kept on Tusan Hotel website, but, as I discovered it was almost a patch with barriers on both sides from rocks, so an evening stroll along the beach was impossible. Also, during our stay we discovered that the sand was rarely cleaned, probably once a year or something, because one could find cigarettes ends, pieces of plastic and even glass.
The room we were distributed in, the first time, smelled badly (from moist and God knows what) and the windows were looking to the pool and disco. During the day the entertainment team made a lot of noise with loud music, shouting and screaming, and during the evening, until 2, 3 in the morning, the noise came from the disco.
Fortunately, we asked for another room immediately and specifically requested the windows to look over the sea.
The second room was smaller, with two single beds, but at least it didn’t have the smell. Or so we thought. It turned out that the hotel, which is the first one build in Kusadasi - and that was in the 60’s - had a power and heat station working with fuel oil, emanating the whole day a thick, unbearable smoke that entered every day in our room. Unfortunately the smoke was also present from time to time, depending on the wind, also on the beach, at the sea and in the restaurants (actually terraces outside). Each evening, before going to dinner, we had to close all the windows, to prevent the smoke coming in and had to turn on the air conditioning, actually a ventilating system that was as old as the hotel and barely working.
Speaking about the room, have to mention the curtains that were the filthiest ones I have ever seen in my life, and I felt sick every time I had to handle them when going on the balcony. The towels supplied were stained and unusable, the bathroom floor filled with water every time you showered and the toilet basin made a loud noise when filling.
Other problems encountered:
- the “all inclusive” services that were provided like kayaking, pedal boats usage, tennis were also a disappointment;
- there were only 4 or 5 kayaks, but not all had enough rowing sticks;
- if you wanted to play tennis, you had to chase the entertainment team around the hotel and also if you wanted to play in the evening, after dinner, when it was getting dark, you had to pay 30 liras or something…
- the pedal boats, or should I say pedal boat, as it was only one, was also very old and you could only use it for 15 minutes…. And I could go on and on…
But I guess you can get the picture. I wouldn’t recommend this 4 stars (???!!!!) hotel for anyone… ever!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tusan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tusan Beach Hotel Kusadasi
- Tusan Beach Kusadasi