“A decent, clean hotel for a family holiday.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tusan Beach Resort

You added Tusan Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tusan Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Otuzbirler Plaj Mevki Kusadasi Merkez, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #21 of 149 Hotels in Kusadasi
“A decent, clean hotel for a family holiday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011 via mobile

We stayed as an extended family( ages 9 to 70)for one week and overall had a great time. Hotel is clean and rooms a good size even with 4 beds. Restaurant by the sea is lovely and the food was fine. Not the best we have had but plenty of it and catering for European tastes. That said, if you have a fussy child like us, the snack bar do a good pizza and chips. Pool was lovely with plenty of beds and lots of staff keeping it clean. We were there during English half term at the start of the season so the hotel was just gearing up for the Summer and service got better as our holiday went on. The clientel were mainly from countries in the former USSR but they seemed nice enough and we never felt us Brits were less favoured. Some of the bar and restaurant staff were a bit grumpy but others were lovely so it was ok. The animation team work hard and do a good job. They are very young and give their all. Evening entertainment is a bit rubbish, and with the politcal correctness of circa 1970 but other nationalities seemed to enjoy it more than us Brits. Kusadasi is interesting and the dolmus drivers very helpful, even taking you to the stop in the right direction for free. Turks in Kusadsai were great. It is 15 years since I had last visited Turkey and I had forgotten what a friendly nation they are. Would I go back. Maybe but we tend to prefer to try new places.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

had a 5 night stay at the Tusan Beach resort in April.found hotel clean in every way, food was ok, had better in smaller hotels.Staff very friendly and helpfull.
Down sides would be lack of sun beds in high season, and coach trips doing overnight stops at hotel getting preference at meal times, eg, they have their tables reserved, hotel guests have to fight for whats left.one evening there was 11 coaches, 50 people a coach.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Our stay as a family was really good. The animation team were all friendly, and some parts of our family won Mr+Mrs tusan, Mr tusan + Mrs tusan. The food is well presented and tasty, and we always found a place to sit. The views from the balcony were amazing, and our family had close rooms so we were able to visit and the kids could have a chat in the lobby area whilst parents got ready. You feel welcome, would love to go again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Goole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed for a week and it wasnt long enough, quilits and soft pillows fantastic views location, animation amazing kiko sami we miss you, jj (sali) behind the bar what a great guy, we went by dolmus into kusadasi which was only a pound, food in the hotel got better as the week went on so we have looked to return with the kids august. snack bar great and pool had music round it, met some lovely people. boat trip for theday was good and the market got great bargains. ive been allover turkey and this was 1 of the good places. animation make your day very freindly and so hardworking. will definitly go back

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Just came back from a 2 week holiday to Tusan Beach Resort with my family (me and my husband ages 39 and 41, sons ages 10 and 6 and parents in their 60's and we all had a brilliant time. Transfer took about an hour and check-in to hotel was quick and efficient. The porter took our cases up to the room which was very clean and spacious even with a double and two singles in it. View from our room was the pool and beach which was glorious with surrounding mountain sides.

Their was plenty of food available for breakfast, lunch and dinner - especially the snack bar below the pool which was run by a very polite chef called Mehmet. Breakfast was a mixture of eggs, cereal and continental food. Evening food did get a bit repetitive towards the end of the 2 weeks but always something to choose from. Waiter staff were all polite and helpful but were sometimes very busy so had to wait for a short time for our drinks.

Room was cleaned every day with fresh towels supplied.

Pool was very clean but a bit cold!! Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, activities every half hour by the animation team who were'nt pushy if you just wanted to sit back and watch.

Well what can I say about Coco and his animation team - they were fab - Chris, Rocco, Joker, Bibo, Kiko, Leah, Muzo, Sami, Julia and DJ Mortzo - very entertaining and always had a smile and time to talk to holiday makers. My sons loved the mini club with Leah. Evening entertainment was great, mostly by animation team apart from one night with professional bellydancers. The shows and dances they done were brilliant and comical, end dance every night got everybody up dancing.

Beach was quite small with grit and sand but lovely if you want peace and quiet. Pedalos and canoes were free but you had to pay for jet ski. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas.

Bar staff were very friendly and most drinks were available apart from bacardi and malibu which you had to pay for (around £6 a shot!). Don't be fooled with the cocktails they are lovely but very alcoholic as I found out one nite!!

All in all a very pleasant holiday with beautiful surroundings, lovely people and fantastic animation team, would definately recommend - hotel very remote but easy access to main centre by bus or taxi. No complaints from us - but maybe we are not as picky as some people but I can imagine it gets a lot busier in the high season.

Room Tip: Room 2205 had brill view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Stoke on Trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

This was our 3rd trip to this hotel, but sorry to say I think this will be the last. As with previous visits here, there was myself, my husband, our kids (2yrs, 8yrs & 10 yrs) and my parents.

I'll start by mentioning the good points with this hotel. We arrived and were checked swiftly in and shown to lovely rooms (if a little dated on the furniture side) with wonderful sea views. The cleanliness of the rooms and other areas can not be faulted and most of the staff work exceptionally hard to maintain this standards.

Now for some of the bad points....Beds - rock hard! trust me a concrete slab would have been softer, but ok I know, what I find hard might be bliss to another visitor so I can forgive the beds (my back can't, but still!)

The restaurant...OMG! One serious free for all. I have been some places in my time and had to run the usual gauntlet of people from other nationalities pushing in etc, but this was so far beyond it was unbelievable. Most evenings you could not get to the main course meals so my family stuck to soup & salads - which were very nice, but I didn't pay for All Inclusive to eat soup and salads all week! Meals were supposed to be served from 7pm - 9.30pm so one evening we went for tea a little later than usual (about 8.30pm) only to find most of the bowls were empty, and the staff did not bother to refill them at this point (there was still 1 hour of dinner service left!)

When we did manage to get to the main food, it was often quite bland and very repetitive (the chef needs a new cook book) Only once did we see a "real" meat main course, mostly it was chicken and/or Turkey, meatballs (round meatballs, sausage shaped meatballs, meatballs on a stick, meatballs in sauce...trust me this Chef liked his meatballs!). Saying that the grilled fish was lovely so he can cook that well! The other issue was each evening they fresh cooked one item. The idea was great, but in practice the poor guy could not keep up with the demand. He had nothing more that a large family sized bbq grill and people would queue 5 deep often waiting for 20 mins or more (as my poor dad did one night!).

We also struggled being a larger family who wanted to sit together - the hotel did provide big family tables with 8 or 10 seats, but these were always taken by, at most a family of 4 (often even just couples). Again, not being a family to bother at such stuff, we tried to pull 2 tables together only for the waiters to try and stop us. Even after we explained we just wanted to sit together as a family they were still very un-helpful.

Another issue relating to the dining area was seating. The hotel seem to take in overnight tour buses visiting the Ephesus site. These guests seem to receive a far greater service than the hotels actual main guests. They get to sit inside (they even sat us outside under a tent thing one night while it was raining and these tour guests got to sit inside). The waiters flitted around these guests getting drinks for them while most nights we struggled getting a second drink! I tried going up the bar bit myself only to be told a waiter would come to the table. After another 15 mins I went back only to be told the same thing. It wasn’t until I went a little bit narky that we actually got a drink (but you shouldn’t have to do this just to get a drink surely!?!)

This is not to say all the waiters were like this - two of them were especially helpful to not just us, but other families. One chap in particular went above and beyond one more than one occasion.

The entertainment staff were also brilliant lads & lasses and worked very, very hard, but hotel entertainment is not my thing, but these guys did deserve a mention!

All in all a clean, tidy hotel but the food really needs looking at in a huge way!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my boyfriend last year.
Rooms are big and cleaned daily, loads of space with balconies.
Can't fault the food in the slightest, everyday there's a different choice and lots of it, recommend you don't go down as soon as the restaurants open as there's a bit of a push and shove.
Beach is a bit small, very hard to get sunbeds at the beach or the pool so nab them early.
It rained a hell of a lot so can't comment on trips or local area.
Staff dont speak much English so see your rep about anything.
Airport transfer took about 2 hours as well with a boring half hour stop at a service station.
Other than that it's a perfect hotel if you just want to eat drink and sunbathe.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Tusan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!