“you have let your self down surmeli” 3 of 5 stars

Surmeli Efes
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eski Kusadasi-Selcuk Yolu, Kusadasi 35920, Turkey   |
Ranked #31 of 149 Hotels in Kusadasi
Ballygannon, Wicklow, Ireland
“you have let your self down surmeli”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay in the surmeli efes hotel and my honest op ions are that it is no way near a 5 star hotel 3 or 4 start would be more aprreatie to rate this hotel. we have been to the surmeli efes hotel before a couple of years ago and it was lovely but after rutting this year we have changed our minds that hotel is very dated adn needs alot of work done on it in our room the air conditioning didn't work and floor underneath the carpet was on show and in the main areas of the hotel like the lobby the floors were all cracked and the seated were all in bits. it was also very hard to find a seat and dinner and breakfast time as their was that much people their the food selection was crap I myself am a vegterian and their was barley anything to eat for me most of the time all I had to eat was rice and salad and most of the hotel staff were so ignorant the surmeli efes hotel is more suited to German and Romania or Turkish but it is not a good hotel for Irish or English
I wounded recommend this hotel to anyone I wouldn't even recommend it to my worst enmie
if you want a horrible hotel and horrible holiday and horrible food and ingnorent staff this hotel is the place to go....
I will be returning to turkey this year but I will never stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: make sure the air-conditioning works and make sure your not stuck at the back of the building so you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

we stayed at this hotel last year, and liked it enough to be going back in May, rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, the food is good, always something you like, the staff are friendly and helpful, great beach, choice of pools, the entertainment varies a bit, we found the best bit was exploring for ourselves, before you pay the Reps prices, check out the bus stops at the end of the drive, the bus inspector there is very helpful and will advise you on what buses to take and where to go, in one direction Kusadasi town and the market etc in the other Efeses all for a few turkish lire, its easy and fun!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Arrived at the Surmeli Efes for a Christmas Break ,with a group of friends ,Really Pleased with the Hotel !!! Food and Drink plentyfull ,only one bar open which was quite acceptable as its winter and limited clients ,Only negative was the cats and birds flying round the restraunt landing on the food especially the salad bar !!! There wasn't any entertainment on But Kevin from the animation went out of his way to put some on for us , It was a bit noisey as they are renovating some of the rooms , would certainly would go back .

Room Tip: 11th floor is a great sea view !!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

ROOM: POOR
POOLS: GOOD
ENTERTAINMENT: GOOD
MARKET: AMAZING

The only positives I have about this holiday are their pools are very nice and big and the entertainment is okay.

Now for the negatives.
When me and my boyfriend arrived to this hotel it was about 2 in the morning and the reception staff who were SO rude ( they hate the English ) gave us a PROMO room which basically was disabled and had no balcony. We actually got woken up by a maid on the roof cleaning our window.

The room was very dated, the air con was noisy that we could not sleep with it on and did not work at all!

After a few days of dealing with rude reception staff by the 3rd night we were moved to a normal room with a balcony however it was still dated and the air con was so bad we had to ask reception for a fan (which they were obviously rude about and was half broken). The reception staff also TRIED to charge us £10 a night to move to a normal room but we spoke to our rep and luckily he sorted this.

The entertainment staff were actually quite pleasant and they did really fun water aerobics which we enjoyed, however the pool was quite cold.

Also the water park was very fun!

The food. This was awful. On the first day I was really ill constantly over the toilet being sick, the next da my boyfriend got it. And we are normally never ill on holiday and so it was definitely down to their poor quality and unhygienic food! One night we saw one man eating from a bowl of food with his bare hands!

Only reason why I would ever go back to Turkey is because of the fake clothes they do at the markets. This is something you have to invest in and keep haggling with them as its possible to get things ridiculously cheap!

Overall, this was one of my worst holdiays and I have been all over the world and I would NEVER return to this hotel. I don't have a clue how they get away with saying their hotel is a 5 star. I have been to 5 star hotels and this definitely isn't one. I have also been to 3 star hotels BETTER than this.

YOUR MADIF YOU GO.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't try to give you a 'promo room'
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sadokusadasi, Guest Relations Manager at Surmeli Efes, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear guest,as we always say that please do not give wrong info to the others.You buy PROMO room and now you make claim and spend bad words about the reception staff.You are doing this because to change your room with another room without any supplement .Please read rewiev just below you and compare with yours,how com that two different person makes positive and negative rewiev in the same time.Before you acuse someone or the company always be fare.we respect if you come one more time or not but always give right info.We are not able to run after every guest and try to warn them ,if you see someone trying to get the food at the buffet with their hands you could easily told us and could be warned from our side.Maybe you stayed with us or not but isnt it too late to write a rewiev after the summer season,why didn't you give your kind opinion before,for which reason you are writing now ?
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was brilliant we arrived, walked into reception (no body to take our bags but sure they would if you asked) was greeted with a welcome drink and shown to our room. We were in 320 I think was ok bathroom wasn't as clean as I would like and wasn't big enough for three of us.
My mistake i payed a little extra and upgraded to an apartment (much better and modernised) lounge, huge bathroom, and bedroom. Staff were brilliant they moved it all for us.
Staff couldn't of been more welcoming, friendly and great with all ages.
I got engaged whilst on my holiday and the hotel made a huge effort to put petals in my room swans made from towels, heart ballons and a special table for dinner.
I can not wait to go back again and am sure I will enjoy many more holidays here again.

Plus visit murphys and have a great night for cheap.

• Stayed May 2012
Trentham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Surmeli effes- A great place to go with your children, their are 2 waterparks there with millions of slides for children and adulrs, you will love it. The hotel is very clean and their is lots to do for everyone, if your an adult and you want peace their is a adult pool where children are not allowed but dont worry kids, there is another 3 pools for you (not including the sea)! The food is delicous, some days it might not be what you want but if you like pancakes, YOU WILL LIKE IT! I garantee you will have an amazing time if you visit surmeli, I caem back and was as brown as mud, it is VERY hot! Hope you found this helpfull! Good luck!x

Room Tip: The apartments!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Medias, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all ,I have to say that it wasn't the first time when being in Turkey.In the past years we have been in Turkey too, but at different hotels.
I have to tell you that the hotel is very big and nice -that ,you will see in my pictures.
The room was quite big and clean,with a little balcony -but that didn't bothered us .The air conditioning of our room it was so bad,it hardly worked.On our floor, the doors would open only by old keys not key card.
House keeping were not every day and they did not clean the rooms very good.The towels in our room were changed every 2nd day.
The fridge in our room was stocked with: 1 tin of cola, 1 tin of fanta, 1 tin of sprite and a fizzy water. Once these have been used you will have to pay to have any of them.There was a limited water bottles available, in our room we get 1 bottle of water a day.
The food was generally good and diversified.
There is wifi present throughout the hotel and rooms however the signal strength is extremely weak .
The biggest problem we had had it was with the staff people-they were not friendly at all!!!!They didnt look happy working at this hotel and they were always indiferrent and bored!!!
The beach of the hotel was very close to hotel. It was sandy and clean.
I would recommmend but not like a 5 star hotel!!!

Room Tip: Choose the superior rooms with sea view!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Surmeli Efes? Share your experiences!