“FANTASTIC FAMILY HOLIDAY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fantasia Deluxe

You added Hotel Fantasia Deluxe to your Saves list
Hotel Fantasia Deluxe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yavansu Location Soke Road 5th km, Kusadasi 9400, Turkey   |
Ranked #27 of 149 Hotels in Kusadasi
Cumbria
“FANTASTIC FAMILY HOLIDAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I travelled with my husband and 2 children aged 8 and 4.

JOURNEY - no problems with Thomas Cook airlines. We flew to Izmir airport which is nearer to the hotel than Bodrum. However - DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRANSFER WITH A TO B TRANSFERS! What should have been a 1 hour transfer from Izmir took us 2 hours as they took us all over the place dropping people off - it was the same on the return journey! I spoke to a few people who had booked through Thomas Cook and their transfer was only 1 hour so I would recommend going through them if you can - I booked my hotel, flight etc separately but later priced it up with Thomas Cook and they were the same price anyway.

We were all given a cocktail when we arrived which I thought was a nice touch. The bell boys took our luggage to our room promptly.

ROOMS Our room was a family room overlooking the front of the hotel so we didn't have a sea view. This never bothered me as we hardly spent any time on the balcony and it was nice and quiet in the room (apart from the dogs barking down the corridor! - which you couldn't hear if you left the air con on anyway). The family rooms are quite spacious, plenty of storage but not a great deal of hanging space. I took my own coathangers but there were already about 6 in it and I noticed in the hotels book in the room that you can request extra coat hangers if required. The childrens beds were in the same room as ours. We had a nice double bed and they had 2 singles. There is a decent hairdryer, a TV which has english news channels. I could not fault the maid service. They tidied up as well as cleaned and left fresh towels every day. However, she turned up when my husband was in the room once and asked him if he had any spare euros!! bit cheeky if you ask me! There is a full length mirror on the wardrobe door for you ladies and also a large mirror above the dressing table. We spoke to a family who never even had a balcony so I would request one when booking if I were you.

POOLS were great. You do not need to take your own towels, they are provided every day by a man by the pool. Very clean, plenty of sunbeds although the prime spots did get reserved by about 7am! Oh and we had our 'reserved' beds taken by foreign guests on a couple of occasions but I don't think they see anything wrong with sitting on someone elses towels. They are happy to move if you approach them and we actually became friendly with a couple who pinched ours!! The pool bars are great too.

BEACH area was very clean and there is a bar on the beach. You climb down steps to the sea so there is no shore but you can walk a little to the right and there is a little pebbly shore area. We didnt spend much time down there - it was mainly older people or people with no children.

FOOD was as expected with all inclusive. The food cooked on the outside grill at dinner time was nice, chicken, fish etc. The fried ice creams were a bit strange!! My daughter loved the pancakes which are cooked in front of you on the poolside at certain times of the day. There wasn't a great deal for children - my children mainly lived off bread and melon but then again they are very fussy eaters! You will not go hungry! We tried the Turkish a la carte restaurant but other than the setting I would not rate this above the food in the main restaurant.

DRINKS. We drank the red wine which was nice and also strong! The rose wine wasn't very nice. The lager was fine. The cocktails were nice but not very strong so we just ordered a shot of vodka or whatever to go in them. You get a free bottle of water in the minibar when you arrive but everything else in the minibar is chargeable and expensive. Water is plentiful at the drinks dispensers around the pool and in the restaurant so there is no need to buy any more anyway.

ENTERTAINMENT was fine for us as we have kids but I could see it getting a bit boring if you never had kids as the mini disco went on till 10pm and there wasn't anything on for adults before then. Most people sat in the bar which was nice. Freda who ran the kids club and did the mini disco was great. There were 2 kids club sessions (free) - a morning one from 10.30 till 12.30 and afternoon from 2.30 till 4.30 or 5.00. They could go to both if they wanted. There was a wooden hut where the kids could go and watch tv, colour, play with toys. She also did face painting and brought them round the poolside to play games. The entertainment team were great, especially ENGIN who was a lovely guy and I'm sure he had duracell batteries keeping him going! They did darts, volleyball, water polo in the day and also the entertainment at night which varied. We saw a circus act, sketch show, Mr and Mrs Fantasia competition, bellydancing, turkish dancers etc. All entertaining if you like that sort of thing.The entertainment finished at 11pm so only went on for an hour and then everyone went back to the bar area. The beach party is held on a Thursday, that is a great night with a jet ski show, bonfire, fire eating, limbo competition then dancing the night away!

STAFF were great. I could not fault any member of staff in this hotel. All friendly and polite and always happy to help.

SPA - I had a bubble massage which was a nice treat. I was lucky as I had a lady doing mine but I think I would have felt a little uncomfortable if it were a man as she took my bikini top off without asking! Another guest told me that she got a man and he was heavy breathing and she could tell that he was excited if you know what I mean!!! The spa area was lovely though - very relaxing.

The hotel is set on a very busy road and I wouldn't like to cross it with young children. However, you don't need to as the hotel has it's own taxi firm waiting at the bottom of the drive. We went into Kusadasi for 10 Euros. The clothes market is on a Wednesday and worth a visit if you can be bothered with all the bartering. I was disappointed at how expensive it was though as I went to Icmeler 2 years ago and the handbags etc were a lot cheaper then. I had to pay £20 for 1 handbag and that was with a lot of bartering! We only left the hotel on that 1 occasion as there is no need to leave!

Overall this is a brilliant hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. We will definately be back!!

Get it booked and have a great time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed here for 9 days while on a business trip with colleagues. It is one of the best Hotels where I have ever stayed in my life and second to none. Although classified as a 5 Star Hotel, the stay was worth 7 Star. The costs included all 3 meals in buffet style with unbelievable variety and taste/ and unlimited drinks that one may wonder whether they are there for business or pleasure. The staff were extremely polite and we never came across a single grumpy one, although some of my colleagues were quite drunk and overbearing on a couple of occasions.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Greater Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Just returned from 1 week Hotel Fantasia Kusadasi - All inclusive. The hotel itself was beautiful, staff were very helpful. I wouldnt say it was 4-5 star though. The food was not very good in the buffet,we didnt really eat in there, the speciality restaurants were good we ate in each of the three.
The "pancake lady" during the day round the pool was fabulous, the bolareo bar lunches were great as was the pizzas, jackets and sandwiches in the afternoon You never need to go hungry. The pool areas were also very good, the daytime activities were plentiful and music was played in the main pool area all day. They only thing was that it was very quiet early evenings in the bars, the Show Time was between the pools and the beach in an amphithreatre, so again the main bar areas were quiet dont think there was enough going on in the evening. They hotel is not in a very nice area, you cant just go out of the hotel for a stroll there is nothing around, it is mainly residential and there is no promanade to stroll round. So if you like wondering around dont go there, you have to get taxis or buses to get into Kusadasi there is nothing around the hotel..

• Stayed June 2010
LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was our 3rd AI holiday in 3 years, previous ones having been at the Hemera in Side and the Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm el Sheikh. We chose the Fantasia for its value and its #1 in Kusadasi TA rating (at the time). The Fantasia was almost as good as the Hemera in most respects and better in some. The food and service were way better than Egypt. We had 2 rooms, one for us and one for my parents. Our (standard) room was smaller than we'd had previously but just big enough for us and our 2 small children. With older children, you may want to pre-book a family room. It was very nicely furnished and had a safe, for which you get a key from reception for a refundable deposit and the usual TV, hairdryer, minibar etc. The air con was OK for early June with the balcony door left closed but I could see how it might not be adequate in August. My parents' room was the same but had obviously just been occupied by a chain smoker. My parents tried leaving the balcony door open for an hour before asking for a room change at reception. They were met with the stock, 'no spare rooms' answer before they managed to find one. That was the last complaint we had about the place. The pools were great. The large pool area has music all day but you can escape to the quiet pool if you don't have small kids. The kids' pool is away from the music side but you still get a constant, though not too annoying, boom, boom, boom all day. There was rarely a queue at the 2 pool bars and service was quite fast, mainly depending on the number of coffees/cocktails ordered by the people in front. The beer was fine and the cocktails weren't bad. Some had a lot less alcohol in them than others but if they were obviously just fruit juice, you could either ask for another dash of spirit or order a separate one and pour it in! The beach area was very pleasant. The sea was slightly cold and the snorkling was disappointing but it was nice to swim in otherwise. The food was buffet style and generally excellent, with plenty of choice if you're staying for a week. We tried the a la carte fish and Turkish restaurants on 2 separate nights (free, but you have to pre-book). I wouldn't recommend either over the main restaurant but the al fresco setting of the Turkish restaurant beside the sea was very nice. The entertainment was the usual AI big hotel stuff. We didn't participate in any of the daytime activities (water polo, volleyball, darts etc.) and weren't put under any pressure to do so, but it was available if that's your thing. Evening entertainment was a kids' disco followed by different shows which weren't bad for what they were. Our 5 year old daughter loved the daytime kids club. There was a beach party on the Friday night which I'd highly recommend. Kusadasi was a cheap dolmus ride away and was a town worth seeing if you fancy getting out. From start to finish, I couldn't fault any of the staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My girlfriend and I have just got back from a week at the fantasia, (half Term week) and we both absolutely loved it.

My expectations weren't sky high because of the few negative reviews on here as well not necessarily trusting the Turkish quality assurance, but i can say it was everything that we wanted and more from a half term break.

Food;

The breakfasts were brilliant, omelette , eggs, sausage, fruit etc.. everything you could want a great way to start the day.

Lunch - we also went tot he poolside restaurant and had spag bol or a cheeseburger..

Snack- the ice cream is actual walls ice cream and is a perfect mid afternoon snack..

Dinner- you have to try the al carte restaurants the food there was incredible. The buffet was very good but its still a buffet so don't expect 5 star food, my girlfriend is quite a fussy eater and she still managed to fill her boots.

Service -

The service at all the bars and restaurants was good, they went for a numbers approach rather then having well trained staff, there was always someone free at the bars, and everyone was pretty happy to help.. again if your expecting silver service then you will probably be disappointed but we had zero complaints about the service.

Rooms

Were perfect for what we needed , clean and a good view.. Air con worked all day and all night.. loved the bathroom. no complaints here...

Pool Area,

There were definitively more then enough sunbeds for us, pool was clean and the people were friendly, didn't really go to the beach, again perfect for what we wanted.

Couple of quick tips ;

The guys in the massage parlour slightly over stepped the mark with my girlfriend.. but it wasn't anything too bad..

Some people complained about having to pay extra for the day once they checked out, we just handed our keys in and went straight to lunch, no one said anything.

Transfers, weren't great with people sit on laps.. etc... but you can't blame that on the hotel.

summary,

All in all an excellent holiday, i'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted a nice relaxing holiday in luxury.

Have fun..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Tyne & Wear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We have just returned after a 2 week holiday at the Fantasia, and we had a fantastic time. The hotel is lovely, with marble everywhere and the rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful and unusually there are never any queues at the bars. The food is varied, with lots of choice, even for the pickiest of children and the snacks are plentiful all day! The animation/entertainment team are great- especially Dima," Yeah Man", and Engin, who has an abundance of energy!
The kids club is probably suitable for kids under 7, my sons are 9 and 10, but Freda is very good with the children and tries to involve the older ones. The hotel facilities are good- gym with treadmills etc, games room and spa centre. Other reviews have mentioned the air con, which isn't great, but I would definitely not let this put you off going to stay here. We took turkish lira with us, but you are better off taking euros or stirling, cause they seem to price everything in euros and accept/prefer either.
Overall this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and we are looking to return there for next year's family holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Just got back from a week ant this amazing hotel, and what can i say it was amazing! on arrival we were greeted with a cool cocktail while our bags were taken off the coach by the bell boys and appeared in a rooms shortly after.

i had previously read some bad reviews, but in my experience these were totally un founded.

The room was lovely and soptlessly clean with the maids coming every single day and cleaning, changing sheets and towles etc..,

The whole hotel is total luxery, no corner is missed, the staff are exemly attentive and are the nicest, most helpful people i have ever met!
The food is great and there is so much of it! they have theme nights to so it never gets boring. I would also recommend the ice cream, this is possibly the best ice cream ever!
In each bar and Restaurant you are served quickly with drinks and as soon as you finished they are ready to get you another, in addition to the bars and pool and beach bars there is also water and juice in coolers around both pools where you can help yoursleves to all day every day.
The beach is stunning and well maintained however access to this is down some steps which was not a problem for us however may not be suitable for people with limited mobiltity, however this was the only part of the hotel that wasn't accessiable by a ramp (or we didn't see one!)

If you have time i would throughly recomend a massage at the spa, where you are totally papmered, the whole time and i had the best massage of my life! it is also much cheaper then treatments in th UK.

the hotel is located off a fairly busy road however this cannot be heard in the hotel as it is set back behaid extensive gardens.

Although it is 5km to the centre of kusadasi, it is only a two minute taxi ride (20 lira) or dolmus (2 lira) both of which a plentiful.

All in all this is a fantastic hotel, with friendly warm and welcoming staff. This hotel deserves every one of its 5 stars! and i will be returning soon!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Fantasia Deluxe? Share your experiences!