“Fantastic Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fantasia Deluxe

You added Hotel Fantasia Deluxe to your Saves list
Hotel Fantasia Deluxe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yavansu Location Soke Road 5th km, Kusadasi 9400, Turkey   |
Ranked #26 of 150 Hotels in Kusadasi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stafford, UK
“Fantastic Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We stayed at The Fantasia Hotel for one week and had a great time! We will definitely stay in this hotel again. It is in a quiet area and you can catch a bus outside the hotel to the lively Kusadasi Centre which takes about 15 minutes. In the opposite direction is Guzelcamli, a turkish village at the edge of a stunning National Park (Milli Park)which is definitely worth a visit and you can catch a bus from outside the hotel and it takes about 30 minutes to get there. There is a lovely seafront area in Guzelcamli with a nice harbour area where you can go on boat trips. Fantasia Hotel is very clean and our room was very nice, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The Restaurant and Bar Areas overlook the sea and are very clean and comfortable. The pool areas are also very clean and beach towels available every day. The Indoor pool area, sauna and steam rooms are also very good. The food is very good, plenty of choice for breakfast, plenty of different hot dishes every day for lunch and dinner, also very nice cold starters, desserts and fresh fruit. If you like to eat well and healthily you will enjoy the food but it may not suit people who expect to eat junk food and English Breakfast! The Restaurant and Bar Staff are very efficient and friendly but do not hang around you too much like we have experienced at other hotels, they are there when you need them and all were very polite. We also found Reception Staff very good. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and anyone thinking of going to Turkey.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Littleborough, Greater Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

We arrived at Hotel Fantasia at around 4am after a 2 hour transfer. The weather was wet and cold so I was a little bit worried about the week ahead, but seeing the hotel and our room really cheered me up. The hotel is gorgeous with great facilities, and our room was huge, with 2 bathrooms and a lovely balcony (but no sea view). It rained for the first 3 days of our stay, but the hotel was so great that there was still plenty to do: I would highly recommend the Turkish bath and massage - very relaxing. The indoor pool was also lovely and warm.

Food and drink was, in my opinion, of an excellent standard for an AI hotel. Most AI food and drink becomes very 'samey' quite quickly but I found the choice here amazing. I am quite a fussy eater and a vegetarian, and I usually lose weight on holiday. This time I put it on, as I enjoyed the varied choice of food so much!

The weather turned around in the final few days, and we finished the holiday in lovely warm sunshine, however the hotel pool was FREEZING! I'm sure it heats up throughout the summer, but it was too cold to swim in in April.

The hotel disco was a bit cheesy, but the staff are great made sure everyone had fun. I was so impressed with the staff, they honestly could not do enough for you. The entertainment was a bit limited-probably because of the time of year- but there was always something going on: we went into Kusadassi to watch the football one night, only to realise the following night that it was shown in the hotel.

We went to Kusadassi market, which was great - get there early and make sure you look around for the best bargains. I wish I had seen more of Kusadassi centre - it was only at the end of the holiday that I realised just how big it is. We also did the Horse Safari, where you go on a mountain trek, and can swim in the sea with a horse. It was an incredible experience, but a bit scary if you are not an experienced rider, and I wouldn't recommend it for children as it's not that safe!

This was our 4th time in Turkey and we are returning in August. I am sure we will return to Fantasia at some point in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

This is an amazing hotel with beautiful surroundings! The rooms are clean and spacious. We had a great time and will be going back again. This hotel is 5 star all the way............

Ashwell01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

As always picked this hotel by referring to Trip Advisor, this was not the cheapest option but certainly not expensive. Four of us went, two adults and two children. I was a bit concerned as I had hear bad reviews about the resort but I had always wanted to go to Turkey.
I needn't have worried it was a first class holiday, my two children, Abby (7) and Liam (10) loved it and asked if we could go back there again - to me that speaks volumes.
The hotel itself looked very plush and had marble finishes everywhere, the food was excellent, lots of variety for any palate, the children had never ate so well and so much. We went all inclusive as it really is more cost effective with children and I would highly recommend this for anyone. The room was a good size even with the four of us and the cleaners did an excellent job of keeping everything clean. The staff really make a fuss of children, which made my daughter a bit nervous and she is shy when initially meeting new people.
The children got up first, went down to breakfast and got us some sunbeds before we had even got up on a couple of occasions, by that time they had made friends and I knew they would be perfectly safe. They went to the kids club on a couple of occasions and the staff really made an effort, as you will see from the face painting Abby had done. We went into the town once just to buy souvenirs etc, it had many streets off the main part with a variety of shops, not too many problems with people trying to steer you into their shop but there was a few.
As is the norm for us we took one excursion and this was the quad biking, I have to say the males enjoyed it more than us girls, my son was in his element especially when they let him ride it on his own along the beach.
The entertainment again was a bit hit and miss, we went most nights and I have to say the best entertainment was when they had audience participation - a great laugh.
They have an indoor and outdoor pool and my two preferred the indoor one as it was heated, I can honestly say we spent the most time with them when we went for meals the rest of it they were off with new friends and having a whale of a time - which in turn meant there was plenty of time for us to lounge around the pool. All in all a brilliant holiday and I would definately go back there again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the hotel Fantasia in August 08 for two weeks and it was the longest two weeks of our lives! Myself and my boyfriend had been to Turkey many times before and thought we knew what to expect but we had never been AI in Turkey and after the experience of the Fantasia we would never do it again. We can't really say that our expectations were too high because at the end of the day this hotel claims to be a 5 star - my opinion it is a 3 star at the most (Turkey standards). We stayed at the hotel at the peak time and we could not get anywhere near the pool. We spent most of our time on the manmade jetty which was quiet but not very clean considering it was privately owned. The food was the worst bit for us - it really isn't directed at the English, Garlic Bread for breakfast is not really our thing. We found the meals to be the same - be it breakfast, lunch and dinner. For lunch we would eat in the pool restaurant but this was blatently just microwaved burgers and frozen chips. I had an upset stomach for almost the entire time but I don't blame this on the hotel, I blame the other residents of the hotel who used to use their hands to pick up everything. I even saw someone pick up some food, put it right to their mouth/nose and then put it back again! We had problems with our room from day 1 when our air conditioning was broken, the staff behind the reception were not interested and it finally got fixed on day 11 of our holiday! Also our view would have been lovely had we not been directly over a roof of one of the building that was covered in old rotten fruit and cigarette dimps!

On a more positive note the A La Carte restaurants were really good and luckily you get to eat at these twice a week. The service by the a la carte restaurant staff was really good and the food was great. The Dolmus bus runs from just outside the hotel so its great for getting into Kusadasi, about a 15 minute journey. Unfortunately they're the only two positives I can come up with.

We paid £600 each for two weeks at this hotel and I realised that you do get what you pay for and that there is no such thing as a "great deal".

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Have just returned from a week's stay and am missing it already. Rooms are large, stylish and has very comfortable beds (very important!). The hotel has lots of lovely swimming pools, although as it was spring, my family (including two small children) just used the large indoor heated swimming pool everyday. Good food, although other hotels I have been to, have had more choice at the all-inclusive buffet. There are also fresh pancakes and pizzas made to order every afternoon. Friendly staff too and beautiful bar and lounge area. There is also a small man-made beach at the bottom of the hotel, if your children insist on building sandcastles! Can't really fault it, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return. I suppose the only drawback is that there is nothing really outside the hotel as it is on the outskirts of Kusdasi so if you want to go out will need to get a mini-bus (couple of euros) or taxi (10 euros each way) into town, where there are some markets. Good location for visiting the chalk mountains/thermal springs at Pamukkale or Ephesus Roman ruins.

Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Just returned after a week of great weather (we arrived to heavy rain and left in brilliant sunshine) - we all returned refreshed and tanned.
Hotel was extremely clean -service is great and a fabulous all inclusive.
Kids club was open, of sorts - consisted of one bright, young lady called suzy, who would take the children away to do colouring etc, she also supervised the evening kid's disco - kids club building was not used during our stay as it was flooded. I am sure this is better staffed during high season but did not entrust with my children for longer than 10 minutes!

We booked a family room for 2 ads 2 chd (on the confirmation is stated side sea view) and we all asked to be on the same floor, 3 rooms were but our 'family' room was on the ground floor, not sea facing and was a double room they had put 4 beds in - clearly this was not acceptable, we complained and were changed the next day to a large family room, with great views - just a tip, instead of waiting to see what you get allocated when you get there if requesting a family room, ensure that you follow up with the hotel exactly what room layout is. we had a corner room - with views out to the sea and a balcony that looked out onto the driveway running up to the front of the hotel.

No need to bring towels - pool/sunbed towels available everyday, indoor pool and turkish bath great. Restaurants - were not all open as low season - main restaurant was great, and snack restaurant that overlooked the outdoor pools was marvellous, particularaly the crepes served late afternoon...

We went to Ephesus which was amazing - well worth a morning away. We also went into Kusadasi - a charming town, with lots of bars and restaurants, although thankfully it it still maintains a turkish vibe.

All in all a great holiday for all of us (10 of us went - a christmas present from my Mum - thank you x)

FYI: I was told by my agent that the transfer from bodrum airport to the hotel would take 1 hour - it took 2.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Fantasia Deluxe? Share your experiences!