“Poor hygiene!” 1 of 5 stars

ipswich
10 attraction reviews
“Poor hygiene!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We paid 35 euros for a five minute turkish bath, followed by a face mask - applied by the reception guy, with a paint brush, then we were directed through to the stinking toilets to wash our faces - me in the ladies, my friend (a lady) in the gents! EEEWWW!! Then, to top that off, he finished my beauty treatment with a filthy sponge to wash my face and get the bits I missed, like your mum used to when you were a kid, only far more disgusting. I do not recommend this for a Turkish Bath - find a 5* Hotel, and experience it properly. Rip Off!!

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
indonesia
4 attraction reviews
“Not as expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Turkish Bath was Ok, something different. We need to wait for quite sometimes as we asked for the ladies only room. The staff only one person, and seemed she was exhausted so could not give a proper service as we expected. The 30 minutes oil massage went only 20 minutes.

Visited September 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“A new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first time in a Turkish Bath or Hamam. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience arriving at just before 09.00 am on Thursday 23rd May having been picked up by taxi from my Hotel (Derici 2 km away). One spent around 15 - 20 mins on beautiful hot marble under a dome which reverberated sound. Then the masseuse came to use a loafer to thoroughly rub you down followed by a shower.Then the masseuse used soap solutions over you and proceeded to massage all your aches and pains away! Another hot shower and I was free to get dressed in a cubical to which I had been given the key. After a drink you were free - the whole process was around 45 - 50 mins and was great. It cost around £13. I recommend this Hamam.

Visited May 2013