“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laren Safari Park

Laren Safari Park
KusadasI-Selcuk Anayol Uzeri Ataturk Mah. No:60 | Arvalya Mevkii, Kusadasi 35920, Turkey
+90 539 619 1398
Owner description: Horse Riding and Safari
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We (one grown up and three kids (8,10,15) had a great horse safari at Laren Safari Park. The horses are trained to follow the leader horse, so it was a safe tour also for the 8 yrs old. The 15 yrs old got to ride the Bulgarian horse......and she LOVED it. We even had to go back the day after, so she could ride this horse once again;)
We`ll come back for sure next summer:)

Visited September 2013
laren_ozlem, Sahibi at Laren Safari Park, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you soo much for your comment.

• Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Misleading & Poor Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had booked this horse tour for me and my husband on September 5th 2013 and was informed that a driver would be waiting outside of the Kusadasi Traveler's Office with a sign that had our name on it. However, after waiting 10 min, a man in a local vehicle shouted out his window " Horse Tour, Horse Tour". There was no sign with our name, no company logo and he did not speak English very well. Luckily I showed him my voucher and he gestured that he was the "Horse Tour Driver".

Upon our arrival to the stables there was a young woman who luckily spoke better English and the facilities were quite beautiful. Unfortunately, as soon as we started our horse tour we realized that our two guides could not understand or speak English at all!!!! I am a patient person and understand that I am in a forgien country, but if you are going to market your services to English speaking patrons then you should have fluent English speaking guides.

The whole language barrier wasn't a major issue until we realized that the internet booking misguided us and we were informed that the entire tour would take 6-7 hours, not the original 4 hours we were told in our confirmation e-mail. This caused a major problem for us since our cruise port required us to board back on ship after 4 hours. As a result, we only got to enjoy half of the tour, we never got to "swim with the horses" and we never got lunch, but we still had to pay FULL PRICE of £100!

I feel the internet advertisement and website was very misleading and both my husband and I were extremely disappointed & upset with the experience.

Also, as experienced riders, we found the horses not very well trained. The only thing they are meant to do is "follow the leader" rather than listen to their individual rider. This made it very difficult when I had to trun my horse around to leave the rest of the group and head back early. It took almost 10 minutes to get my horse to listen/obey my commands

All in all, I would NOT reccomend this company or tour!

Courtney
-Canada-

Visited September 2013
laren_ozlem, Sahibi at Laren Safari Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello.i have readen your comment and was a little bit shocked,because you wanted to turn back to your ship and it was 12.00'o clock.Ok,our guide is not english speaking.It is diffucult to find a professional guide for horse safari who is english speaking,so we give all our informations in the morning.If there is a problem our photographer is english speaking, he helps you.Or the guide call me.....So the guide called me i talked to you if you are sure that you don't want finish the tour,because your ship was going at 17.00.You said it's ok,you want go back to your ship.so you turned back and we done the extra transfer for you and gave the money from the lunch back.The other customers complited the tour.I am sorry,i think there was a misunderstanding but i can not understand that you are not telling the true.
Culdaff, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The horses were difficult to control...they took following to new extremes...I couldn't stop or turn and my horse kept wanting to bolt.

For experienced riders doing the gallows, you were kept on a lead rein and the 'included lunch and drinks'; the drinks WEREN'T included, photos were overpriced and on CDs.

Of the seven tourists that rode out, only five rode back...one lady got bitten and the tack was old, dirty and the stitching was coming loose which is very dangerous.
I got sent out with a loose girth and no noseband or throat lash...my bridle could have easily fallen off.

DON'T DO IT...ITS A WASTE OF MONEY AND APPALLING SAFETY STANDARDS.

Visited June 2013
Galway' Ireland
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I strongly recommend that you do not go on the horse safari trip. We decided to go on the horse safari day trip which we booked through our holiday rep. It was awful! When we arrived we were left waiting for an hour in the sun before getting on a horse, riding hats that didn't fit, and badly treated horses. Horses had open sores, some were lame, and had bad hooves but were still made carry people. We trekked to a horrible dirty beach, with dead birds and rubbish along the shore. At this stage a number of people demanded to be taken back to their hotels. We had to stay at the beach for an hour while they took photos of us. Then we were taken to a horrible cafe for an hour. The 'included lunch' was given at the end of the trip and was warm chicken and bread from a black sack. At that stage most of the people on the trip demanded to be taken back to their hotels. There was a horrible atmosphere the whole day. This trip was such a waste of a day of our otherwise lovely holiday... PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THIS TRIP!!!

Visited July 2012