Whispering Sands - Book Direct

You could spend all day relaxing by the pool at Whispering Sands
The pool view balcony means you can keep an eye on the kids
Awaken to breathtaking pool views
The living room and kitchen are just right for that perfect holiday
The master bedroom has en suite shower for extra convenience
Kusadasi
Condo/Apartment –
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

almerose
Seattle, Washington
“Friendly staff that tries hard but gets the basics wrong.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Whispering Sands fashions itself an affordable "resort" option with many of the benefits of an all-inclusive but a bit greater flexibility. We thought we would give it a try. Our stay overall was average. The staff is friendly and tries hard to please. Unfortunately, they get too many of the basics wrong. Let me explain.

I have a family of five, including three small children ages 5, 7, 9. We specifically booked an apartment at Whispering Sands that included separate beds for all three kids when we saw the facility advertise the availability of rooms with bunk beds that sleep four. Our paperwork upon booking and paying our downpayment showed our specific room number that met this request. But upon check-in we were given a different room with a master double bed and one other bedroom with two twins. We immediately brought it to the attention of reception and they worked to correct the problem. They eventually were able to get another party that recently checked in to change rooms as they were given a room that met our needs. Good right? But when making the switch the staff did not remove the used towels left from the other party and gave us only three new ones. These are just the little details that a "resort" is supposed to get right. If someone books a room that sleeps five you should give them a room that sleeps five.

These were not the only issues. More often than not our food order at the restaurant was wrong. We had items on our bill that we did not order or were given the incorrect food. The property guide has too many inaccuracies to count. And if you need anything before 9:00am good luck because reception is not open until then.

But the best was left for last. We booked one night at the property separate from the others. This was in order to have a place to sleep after returning our rental car to Kusadesi (we had left by car to visit some other areas). Before leaving for our car trip we booked an airport transfer for 4:15am, the morning after our return to the property so that we could make a 6:30 flight back to Istanbul from Izmir. Despite booking the airport transfer with the owner of Whispering Sands and reconfirming the night we arrived back at the facility, there was no van there in the morning to pick us up. And of course with reception closed, there was nobody to offer any assistance. I had to call the owner on his UK cell phone, wake him up at 4:30 and inform him of our plight. He called and ordered the transfer at that time. We were to have been picked up at 4:15 and were not retrieved until 5:00am. We got to the airport at 5:50 and, only thanks to the courtesy of airport/airline staff, were we able to make our flight. No apology or explanation was offered by Whispering Sands.

Again, these are just the details that a resort (really any reasonable hotel) is supposed to get right. On our stay, Whispering Sands came up short too many times.

The facility is ok. The staff is friendly and tries to please. But they must improve on the basics.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 2 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 2 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
2 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The pool and the taxi driver.
Liked least: Delivery of basic services.
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Sep 22, 2013
Hi Almerose,

Let’s start where you ended.

The basics of decency are that you take responsibility for your own actions, and not blame others for your own shortcomings.

I had originally set your transfer time for 03:30 but when you came to my office your husband said “I don’t want to be hanging around an airport”
I advised that we always allow extra time in case anything goes wrong but your husband insisted. In fact he wanted the transfer to come at 04:45 but I said that was not wise. I asked you if 04:15 was ok and you said you would blame your husband if anything went wrong. Your revised pickup was duly passed to the transfer company. As happens from time to time they were running late from previous transfer...this happens because airline arrival times sometimes run behind schedule. This has a knock on effect and so they arrived half hour late.
If you had left well enough alone then you would not have had this problem. We have been doing this job long enough to know that you need to allow some extra time but we cannot insist...the guest has the last word. Your husband wanted to go late...so as circumstances turned out, you went late.
Perhaps this will be a reminder to everyone; please just let us do our job.

Now with regard to your apartment, I have to say that you made the booking with me. You replied to my advert on the www.homeaway.com website. As I mentioned in a previous review, all 2 bedroom apartments have two sofa beds in the living room as well as having a double with twin bedrooms, or two double bedrooms. All our adverts state this clearly. There is no ambiguity. Therefore anyone who books a 2 bedroom apartment knows they are getting a two bedroom apartment that sleeps up to 6 persons. I sent the booking form to you and on it was clearly stated “2 bedroom” because this is what you enquired about and this is what you paid for.
I have no idea why you should now try to mislead people into thinking you received anything other than what you had agreed to rent.

You know the funny thing is, I put you into a 4 bedroom apartment for your return last-night stay, for the same price per night as I had charged you for the 2 bedroom apartment. There was no mention of this free upgrade on your review. C’est la vie.
Liam
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
$76
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 118 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing