“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 148 Hotels in Kusadasi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I traveled all over the world and stayed at many cheap hotels and hostels, but this place was absolutely horrible. Not sure how it got good reviews. I stayed in a standard room, which was very small and not sure if ever throughly cleaned in years. The carpet was terribly stained, furniture very outdated, sheets barely covered matress which was also dirty. I would wake up in the morning on uncovered matress (I don't even want to think what I would see on there with a black light). Bathroom was a disaster. Very dirty, prior guests hair everywhere, shower so small & doors would barley closeas were broken. I barely could move inside. No holder for soap or shampoo, so I would have to hold everything as imposibble to bend without touching dirty door. Floor would fill up with water quickly and would drain very slowly. Towels were never changed during my 3 night stay and sheets were changed once. Breakfast was I guess ok for Turkish standard. Staff kept touching bread in front of guests with I am sure unwashed hands. Who knows what was going on in the kitchen. As to the owner Ali, he seemed nice, but definitley not sincere after some comments I heard. I did not even get close to the pool area, so I cannot comment on that. Location is so so. In the middle between Ladies beach and center. Ladies beach is dirty and overcrowded summer time. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It did ruin part of my trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Merville-Franceville-Plage, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food is excellent, good value for money ( 5 TL ) for dinner, great quality and choice ( I am a vegetarian, well catered for here) swimming pool is good size, well maintained, small bar, roof top terrace has lovely evening views of sunset.
Rooms are old, cleanliness is poor, beds are hard, bathroom grimy and unpleasant smell.
Location is good if you don't want nighttime noise, good regular local bus service to and from town centre ( 1.75 TL )

Room Tip: If you are on a budget and want a place to sleep, shower eat and laze around pool it is good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Blacksburg, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel and had a bad experience. The food was okay and the staff was friendly (which is the case in all the hotels we stayed at in Turkey), but the room itself was awful. The carpet was badly stained and the bathroom was in need of a massive cleaning. I submitted pictures to see what it was like to stay there. My wife decided not to shower during our stay because she believed she'd stay cleaner by not entering the shower. The toilet seat was also old, dingy, and not attached to the base. There are much better options in Kusadasi. Stay elsewhere and save yourself the headache.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

- the food : not varied - only one main course in the evening, the same salads and breakfast repeating over and over again;
- dust everywhere, dirty toilet and shower, horrible greenish furniture, broken hangers
- No changing the sheets, no cleaning the toilet or the sink
- Everything in this hotel is worn-out, the sheets are torn, the rooms and balconies are small, the carpet is extremely dirty, the TVs are old, the remote control was not working, the shower is very small and the toilet incredibly dirty;
- I do not recommend to spend your holiday in this hotel !!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel !!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kyiv, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

service is excellent, its cosy small hotel for those who are active travellers. we were out most of our time but enjoyed coming back everytime. i ve never seen such personal service. when we came back late - they orginised additional supper for us despite it was 22 30, just asked "are you hungry?". the stuff speaks also good english. location is perfect - you can walk to city center and nice non-crowded beachclubs in 10-20 min. Thanks to everyone who works in this lovely hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Albora was fantastic! The hotel staff, especially Ali, were all so accommodating, some of the friendliest people we've ever met. The food was great and the rooms were clean and comfortable, such good value for money. We would definitely recommend staying here for the amazing hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had such a love holiday in Hotel Albora and we a pround of our choose.I recommend the hotel for people who want a nice quiet and clean place for sunbathing and relaxing holiday. every one of the staff was very nice and polite. If we ever go back to Kusadasi our choose would be Albora again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Albora? Share your experiences!