“Avoid this hotel at all cost!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Albora
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guvercinada caddesi no:22, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #85 of 147 hotels in Kusadasi
Bucharest, Romania
“Avoid this hotel at all cost!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I think the other reviewers stayed in a different hotel, because the Albora Hotel my husband and I stayed in was terrible!
OK, I'll admit it: the food was acceptable, although not varied - only one main course in the evening, the same salads and breakfast repeating over and over again. The lady serving it is very kind, but it's not enough to make it a less terrible hotel. And it's not even close to the beach!
Ali, the hotel manager seemed very hospitable at first, but he failed to deliver afterwards. We were promised a room with wi-fi, but instead we received room 609 - NO wi-fi, so we had to go to the lobby for that. When we complained about this, he told us he would give us a better room within 2 days. Room 609 is horrendous, as well as the other one we received (the latter was slightly better and at least the wi-fi worked)!
There was dust everywhere, dirty toilet and shower, horrible greenish furniture, broken hangers and on top of that, NOBODY CLEANED EITHER ROOM THE ENTIRE 7-DAY STAY!!!
I've stayed in 2-star hotels where they cleaned my room and provided fresh towels every single day, so I don't think it's normal for this to be a 3-star hotel. Fortunately, they changed our towels 2 times in 7 days, but cleaning for them meant coming into my room and arranging the old sheets on the bed and my sneakers. That was all! No changing the sheets, no cleaning the toilet or the sink, nothing! We had to ask for toilet paper twice, because nobody bothered to bring any although they obviously entered our room.
Everything in this hotel is worn-out, the sheets are torn, the rooms and balconies are small, the carpet is extremely dirty, the TVs are old, the shower is very small and the toilet incredibly dirty. Although the showers are only fixed, the hotel staff was unable to provide me with a shower cap. They gave me a cap from the kitchen and I had to use a plastic bag if I didn't want to wash my hair every time I wanted to take a shower.
I didn't bathe in the pool, but a friend told me the water was very cold. I guess it's normal, as it was the end of September and the nearby house prevented the sun from heating the water.
We went as a group to this hotel, namely 8 persons, and everyone hated it!
I don't think it has ever been renovated, so they might try to do this ASAP!

Room Tip: Simply choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were given an end/corner room, which we later discovered was smaller and without balcony like other double rooms of our companions. After having unpacked and only staying for one night, we stayed put. We had some problems getting hot water when we wanted a shower. The wireless did not work in our room (there was a terminal in the lobby area, though, where maybe the wireless also worked better?).

On the positive side, the rooms have a nice view (even a better view from the rooftop), we had an excellent buffet dinner (also good breakfast), and the small pool was refreshing after a day walking about in Ephesus and surrounds.

The hotel is not in the downtown harbor section of town. This makes for a more peaceful setting, but it is a fair walk from the downtown restaurants, etc. I believe, though, there are local transport vans plying the route.

I think if you can get a balcony room, I would probably recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The hospitality and the pool were no doubt fantastic. There were 3 of us so there were 3 single beds in the room. There was no space to swing a cat! The room was clean. So glad we only stayed one night as the shower was a health hazard. I did not use the shower. If you get a cheap deal here then you can't complain as it has air conditioning but it is very basic accommodation.
Tip: use the dolmus to go into town and back to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Gisborne, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night only but would have been happy for a week. The staff are so friendly and go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. They make gorgeous food, the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the pool immaculate. It is a just a short walk in to the city along the waterfront. Great value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

All stay and Owner is so friendly. We been there with our friends group and we stayed 5 days. Very Clean pool and good food. It was a perfect Turkish Night. Cheap Turkish Bath.
We are recomended thid place.

• Stayed May 2011
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

this hotel has a new manager,,owner,,,ali biran,, who was at the PANARAMA HOTEL,, ali is a very nice guy,,,like the last revi like was said must have been the first tourists,,of the se,,and a bit of a mess up,, we sayed not long after and there was no probs,,,it had been sorted,,,,,like i said ali ran the panarama vary well and will do the same here,,,food good like the panarama run now by murat his cuss,its by the port up the big hill,,,,,,so give him a chance,,if you know him,,,you know he will look after you well,,,,.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Our travel company booked us into our hotel, and it was our least favourite place we stayed in Turkey. We seemed to have been the first customers of the season, so I'm not sure if this is why we had such an awful stay. The hotel was freezing - it was damp and dank. Even with the heater on in our room (it wasn't central heat), the room was so cold! I'm sure that this wouldn't be an issue in the summer, but that damp feeling felt pretty permanent.

When we got to our room, I found a couple small bugs in the bed, and I'm pretty sure I came across hair that didn't belong to me. The shower was TINY and very uncomfortable to use. When we had first arrived, the hot water wasn't even turned on yet. On top of that, our toilet only flushed 25% of the time.

The location for this hotel wasn't great either - about a 20 minute walk to the city centre, but it's all up hill and a pain to get to. As this hotel wasn't that fantastic to begin with, it'd be worth it to get something closer.

On the bright side, food was good, and the staff was pretty friendly.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Albora? Share your experiences!