“"Fantastic"” 5 of 5 stars

Degirmendere Mahallesi | Sanayi Sitesi Ustu, Kusadasi, Turkey   |
Belfast, United Kingdom
“"Fantastic"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This wz my first time here to Whispering Sands & i hv to say i had a fantastic holiday, from apartments that are finished to a very high standard & very very clean, to the friendliness of all the staff from Liam, Christine, Taviss, Sean & all his staff wz excellent nothing wz a problem for them. Great family resort also with a kids pool & kids club from 12.30 to 3.30 with the lovely Julie....entertainment wz great craic aswell from Karaoke, Pool & Bbq party ( my favourite) make sure not to dress up for this cos u r most definite to end up in the pool & the boat trip another great day ::)))) the complex is located abt 10 to 15mins out of town but u always hv the reliable Ahmet willing & waiting to take u where ever u want to go ::))....food on site wz beautiful & service from Sean, George & their team wz 100%......i hv had no problem recommending Whispering Sands since i came back, a brillant holiday had by all ::))))) thanks again to Liam, Christine & their crew ::)))))

Room Tip: We had a corner apartment which wz a very good size sleeping 6, after a day at the beach or by the p...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Hi CathyMc71,

it is the wonderful people who come here who give Whispering Sands its heartbeat, its life and its soul.
Without our fantastic visitors this place would just be buildings, superb and high quality, yes, but nonetheless, just buildings. It takes you and all the other people who come here to breathe life into the fabric and it is you and everyone else who make this place tick. I am very grateful that you chose to come here because I know you have many choices available to you.
I hope you get the chance to come back again, but even if you don't, you will always be a part of the Whispering Sands family.
Best wishes

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Limavady, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

A small incident typifies a holiday at Whispering Sands. It was 4 am and we were taking our taxi to Izmir airport to begin the journey home. To our amazement owner Liam, his wife Christine and sister-in-law Julie were there to wish us good bye!! This is a fabulous place where holiday makers with differing requirements and temperaments can share a fantastic holiday experience. We arrived jaded after a very stressful month at work and left energised and full of happy memories. Our apartment was spacious, well-appointed and equipped. There was a lovely mixture of holiday makers: families, young people and older couples. Most were from England and Ireland with a smattering of Romanian and Turkish. Everyone was friendly, yet allowing you to do your own thing. The staff undoubtedly are the key to Whispering Sands' popularity. Everyone we encountered couldn't have been more helpful. Tavis at reception was fantastic and went way beyond the call of duty, ably supported by Aaron, Liam and Courtney. Ahmet, our taxi driver was a fund of information and so obliging and helpful. The facilities were super; we started every day at the pool where the relaxing ambiance really contributed to the holiday spirit. The bar and all-day restaurant enhanced the experience. We visited the restaurant on several evenings and were never disappointed, thanks to Sean. We also ate out and all restaurant were excellent. Some provide a free taxi service. Our favourite was Erzincar in the old town. We also had a lovely meal at Sahil where we selected the John Dory for our main course from a varied display of the day's catch. Saray and the restaurant at Hotel Marvista were also favourites. At Saray we ended up dancing with the belly dancers as part of their Turkish Night!
This was our first trip to Turkey and we will be back. Everyone we met was polite and helpful. We only wished we could speak a few words of Turkish. We found that in the markets and shops, owners tend to be very proactive in trying to persuade you to buy. However, we found that a refusal with a smile usually worked.
The weather was fantastic, with wall-to-wall sunshine and refreshing breezes most days. We visited Ephesus, Mary's House, Adaland Water Park and some of the gorgeous beaches. Silver Sands was our favourite! In future visits we hope to be more adventurous.
This resort really does live up to its reputation as the premier place to stay in Kusadasi. Thanks to everyone at Whispering Sands for making this our best ever family holiday.

Hello Limavadypride,

I worked in Limavady for many years, a great little town that I am very fond of.

You have embarrassed us. We did not expect you to mention anything about us getting up to see you off. We just wanted to say "Cheerio" and thank you for coming on your holidays to Whispering Sands. It is our tradition at Whispering Sands to make a "Welcome" and also to have a "Send off"

What I like most about your review is the great feeling you give to your description of Kusadasi and its people. You have chosen your words carefully and they carry genuine warmth, and impart an empathy and understanding of this brilliant little town. I could not have described it better. I believe Kusadasi to be a beautiful town filled to the brim with wonderful people; a town that needs more than one visit to explore and discover its hidden charms. I think how you have pictured it will influence others to come visit.

You have said very kind words about us and those who work here, but it is you and all who come here who make Whispering Sands what it is today.
We only are what you let us be.
Look after yourself
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We're recently returned from a superb family holiday in Whispering Sands. Our daughters of 5 and 4 loved the pool, kids club and entertainment! As they were happy my husband and I had a great time too!! The kids club was expertly ran and meant that the children were entertained indoors and kept out of the peak sunshine. The apartments are lovely and very well equipped. The entertainment was great and varied from night to night. The service and friendliness of the staff was exceptional - nothing was too much trouble. We had an excellent family holiday and didn't want to come home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello Liz 987,

yes it is one of the best features of Whispering Sands, our kids club. It is truly expertly run and the younger children of 10 or less definitely benefit from joining in. It is a chance for them to learn the social skills that they will need in later life, a chance to shine amongst their peers, make friends and have some fun. Our indoor Soft Play Zone allows the children to be inside away from the sun especially during the hotter months. Of course it also allows Mums and Dads to get a few hours for themselves, to read a book, relax by the pool or have a drink at the bar. Its a good time for all.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in your review. I hope it is not too long before you get back to Whispering Sands.
Say hello to the children from Julie.
Best wishes
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Although it was our first visit It speak volumes for Whispering Sands the number of people we met who were on their second or third visit in a row. This gives the complex a real community feel into which first timers are truly welcomed, the induction being the pool party !
We visited with our daughter (17) who was without her siblings for the first time, by the end of our stay she had a new family of friends who all went out together, they throughly enjoyed themselves but also looked after each other which meant mum and dad could relax.

Sean & George run the restaurant and bar with total efficiency, but also with a sense of fun.The food compares excellently with all the better restaurants in town and the nightly entertaiment includes a little audience participation which adds to the fun, although no one is press ganged into taking part if you're a little less extrovert.

Situated out of town on a hill it benefits from a breeze that makes the heat of high summer less oppresive and the large pool always had plenty of space for those who wanted not only to cool off but have a decent swim. The journey to town via taxi or bus is easy and cheap, and for the more energetic a brisk 20 mins walk.

First but not last time at Whipsering Sands.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hi Chelseaeurochamps,

funny enough I watched Chelsea play Wigan today in the first game of the new season, and we are off to a good start!!!!!
You are a bit fitter than I am. It takes me 30 minutes to walk into town!

You are right of course, Whispering Sands is perfect for kids of all ages. I see it here all the time. Families come; kids make friends and parents unwind. It is an amazing sight and I still am enthralled by how quickly parents calm down once they settle in here. All the rushing around getting ready to go on holiday; all the last minute jobs that need sorting before you go for the flight; all the post-it notes that you have written for yourself over the past couple of weeks that at the last minute seem to appear from nowhere; and then you crash land at Whispering Sands. Less than 24 hours later you're on a sunbed and have forgotten all about the kids. The reason is simple. The kids are having a ball, are safe, and have made new friends. They don't need you...except of course to buy food, drink and ice cream!!
Doesn't matter the age; be it 4 year olds, 10 year olds, or 15 teens going on 20 year olds. They are all the same. They are brought into the Whispering Sands family and everyone looks after everyone.
For anyone who has never been here, you should come. It will be one of the best holidays you ever have and it will (as the advert goes) be probably the best ever holiday your children ever have. Will I get your sun lounger ready for next year?
Take care
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just returned from a hectic week at Whispering Sands and it was amazing. The staff are in a league of their own; they create a relaxed and fun atmosphere amongst the guests. After only being there a week I felt comfortable and at home. The activities at night and excursions during the day are brilliant and there's something for everyone. The apartment was spacious and clean and the adjustable air conditioning was a life saver. I cannot stress enough how good of a time I had here. I would go back in a blink!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Hi Kusadasi2012,

you're right, there is something here for everyone, no matter the age. We have entertainment for the parents and lots of activities and games for the children of all ages. I believe that is why families go away from here looking to come back again. Everyone has had a great time, made new friends and gone away happy and yet sad to be leaving.

Anyone coming here for the first time has made a decision based on what they have read about us in adverts and reviews, or what they have been told by others who have been here before. It means they come with expectations and I suppose a little trepidation...did they make the right choice?
They go away as ambassadors for Whispering Sands.

And that is what we want. People to enjoy themselves and have fun here and then go away and tell all their friends about us. All the reviews we get help us greatly in achieving this goal. We need your help and are very thankful for it. Thanks for choosing to come visit us, and I hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Wishing you every success.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the second year we have been back to Whispering Sands and we were not disappointed. The staff are so friendly and make you feel very welcome.

The apartments are great and give us the space we require. We travelled with our daughter (16) and son (12) we hardly saw them as they were off with the other holiday makers from morning 'til night.

We love the fact that you are a little out of the town of Kusadasi and that the complex is fully secure; however saying that there is never a problem getting into the town either by the on site taxi service - Ahmet is a star, or by using the pick up service from the restaurants.

The restaurant on the complex served delicious food ,we felt last year it was good but this year it was fantastic. The prices are very reasonable and Sean and his staff cannot do enough for you.

This year I actually used the beauty salon and felt very pampered and looked after. Once again the prices are so reasonable and after your treatment you can go back to chilling by the pool.

Thank you once again Liam, Christine, Tavis, Sean, Aaron, Liam Jnr, Courtney, Julie and Ahmet - see you next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Hello PFM66A2A,

we are going to be in trouble next year...we got away with it this summer, just about...but next year we have no chance!!
We will have to turn people away because we do not have enough apartments for all those who will want to come here. This year we were fully booked mid July to mid August and unfortunately we had to turn some people away...thankfully not too many. But next year will be a whole different story. Unless we get some more apartments built and sold, we will have a serious shortfall in supply.

It's a good problem to have, of course, but it will be a new problem for us to have to deal with. There is no doubt that booking early will be a priority for all those who want to come here. Don't worry, I know your dates and your favourite apartment, and it will be waiting your arrival next summer. You did say though, that you had some friends who would be wanting to come here too. Can I please ask you to get them to contact me as soon as possible just to ensure I have accommodation for them.

It was great to see you again and I look forward to next summer when we can get another day out on the Whispering Sands Boat Trip!!! Have a great finish to the year.
See you soon
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I returned last week from Whispering Sands with my family after a four week stay and it wasnt long enough. The apt was huge, spotless clean , very well equiped, modern home away from home basically. The complex was very well run by Liam, Christine and their immediate family. I think thats what makes Whispering Sands so special that it is family run. Its like everything that was ever missing from any family holiday you ever went on is put into the mix in Whispering Sands. It was my first time visiting Whispering Sands and my 10th time in Kusadasi i will never stay anywhere else. To me it is the perfect complex. My girls had a ball and loved the kids club which was amazing value at 5 tl for 3 hours julie was their hero. The staff overall were brill espically Sean and Tavis whom you felt you knew all your life. It is a little bit outside the town but i would not see this as a drawback at all as Ahmed is the taxi driver for the complex and he is always on hand. The food really good also. Pool party night super never experienced this anywhere else adults and children had a ball. Cant wait for next year x debiflan

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi Debiflan,

what's the weather like at home? Raining again?
Here it is blue skies.....not a cloud to be seen....perfect summer holiday weather; kids in the pool and sunbathers galore, all enjoying their time at Whispering Sands. What more could we wish for?

Whispering Sands is the best place to come to for a great family summer holiday. It's amazing watching the kids of all ages make friends so readily with each other. Then see parents visibly relax, sit back and chill out. I see this scene replayed over and over again as the summer progresses and new arrivals settle in. It truely is something else.

The funniest thing is, we know from experience, that the children are arranging next years holiday back here with each other, before they tell their parents. But then, parents don't mind because their children are happy and so are they.

As you so rightly say, it is to our advantage to be a little out of town and our gated community is the better for it; and I am the better for meeting you.
Get away from the rain next year and come visit us again!
Look after yourself.
Liam

Been to Whispering Sands? Share your experiences!