“A nice week away in a nice hotel..” 4 of 5 stars

Linda Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   PK 69 Titreyengol, Side, Manavgat 7600, Turkey   |
Ranked #68 of 234 Hotels in Side
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A nice week away in a nice hotel..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My review is based on the fact that I paid £400 each for an all inclusive holiday including transfers..

For the money I paid it was well worth it..

We had beds by the pool every day.. If it was busy in the morning we took the free shuttle bus one day to the beach but walked all other times as its only a 10 minute stroll through a street of shops to the beach where you have a drink and snavk bar and lots of free beds under shade as part of the all inclusive.. When we'd go bavk yo the hotel in the afternoons we were always able to get a bed..

Pool was smaller than Im used to, however there are 2 pools.. I liked the fact that all the entertainment and games are done in one pool and at the other pool you are left to relax.. The lively pool had slides as well which I didnt expect and was great for younger children and teenagers..
I struggled a little with the food, however, this was down to my extreme fussiness and not the hotel.. They had lovely washed fruits and salads and really nice breads.. They also had chips and tried to cater for everyone but we were one of 2 british families at the hotel so the food was mainly Dutch and German..

The entertainment was fine if you had children, otherwise you will be disappointed...

The staff were almost all friendly.. There is one rude receptionist ( a middle aged man who isnt rude but he isnt helpful either and one girl in the bar just inside of the pool who scowls if she has to do any work) however I would not tar the other 99% of the staff with the same brush as they were very nice.. Their English is poor, however they try hard and Im not so arrogant that I go to their country and expect them to speak perfect English.. They speak fluent Dutch, German, Russian and their own language and they are trying to learn English... How impressive is that...

My aircon broke so I went down with the remote and said "broken" and they sent someone up and it was fixed very quickly.. I went down for beach towels and they were 5 euros each and changed every day so a bargain and no complaints on communication..

If I had paid more for the holiday then I would have expected more.. But if your paying £400 or £500 to go here then youll get your moneys worth..

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. It is not 'all inclusive'. The fridge is stocked daily with cold drinks, beer, wine and water. We were not told that we would be charged so the invoice came as a bit of a shock. I know it clearly states in the hotel literature inside the room that it is chargeable but when you arrive at the hotel after midnight, tired and hungry .............. Ice cream served at the pool bar is NOT included in the 'all inclusive' ?????????? Even the staff couldn't understand that one!!!! The wifi is not free!! I have NEVER stayed at a hotel where the wifi is charged to you! It was incredibly expensive! Every restaurant and cafe in turkey has free wifi for heavens sake but not the Linda Hotel!!!!!!! The room cleaning staff were amazing and worked tirelessly everyday. The restaurant was disgusting! Unless you arrived as soon as the restaurant opened (7:00pm) your table would still be littered with dirty plates, glasses and tablecloth. IF you were lucky enough to find a table that had been cleared, you would have to search for clean cutlery, serviettes and the tablecloth would be dirty.

I enjoyed the food but there was no 'Turkish' food on offer freshly grilled! The hotel really catered for its German and Russian guests. It was very tasty food and well presented BUT .....

The pools were lovely - I particularly liked that the entertainment was in a separate pool so you could relax and swim in the pool closer to the hotel and not be bothered by the 'excitement' in the other pool!!!!!

My fiancé is turkish and spent time talking freely to the staff. They were not happy staff. They felt there just wasn't enough staff to keep the hotel up to standard. The waiters worked so hard to work the restaurant but they just couldn't keep up as not enough of them and they were embarrassed by the poor state of their restaurant.

The air conditioning was fabulous!!! The best I have ever had in a turkish hotel!

I love Turkey - I visit 3 times a year - I will NEVER return to the Linda Hotel again!

Room Tip: Pool rooms (I imagine) would be noisy at night due to the evening entertainment. We had a fifth floo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arrived at 2.30am staff waiting to take bags to room, opened restaurant and fed us. Rooms immaculate cleaned every day, hotel complex again immaculate staff very friendly food very good a wide variety everyday. Entertainment every night very good private beach area with a bar and food. Cannot fault the hotel the place and the service would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Linda Hotel Titreyengöl / Sorgun
Manavgat/ Antalya - TURKEY
E-mail: info@lindahotel.com

As my title may suggest, this holiday was a first. I have never been interested in holidays but following our wedding last month and the generosity of our family and friends, my husband and I booked a last minute 8 days/9 nights all inclusive visit to Linda Hotel in May 2013.

I didn't know what to expect as the reviews I read were very mixed. My experience was very positive and my Dutch husband felt the same; we hope to go back.

The Linda Hotel is under-going a refurbishment. From what I understand the beautiful pool and sun lounge area is a new development and very well done. The restaurant is also a new build, simply decorated, large, light and airy. Renovations were continuing throughout our stay but did not impact upon us at all. There was the odd electric drill buzz but not disturbingly so.

Our room was a good size, freshened up every day by ladies who did not speak English but who were friendly and full of smiles. We returned to the room one evening to discover a lovely towel swan sculpture.

The food available at breakfast, lunch and dinner was varied, plentiful and enjoyable. The chefs were on show during meal times, cooking and refreshing the food. They were friendly with limited English, Dutch and German.

The waiting staff were usually very efficient and thorough. Occassionally our plates could be cleared a little too quickly for our liking but drinks were quick to arrive and some could chat well in English. Bar staff were equally efficient and kept glasses topped up. They had a great sense of fun and although English could be challenging for them they did their best to communicate.

The entertainment staff, Animation Team, did what they set out to do, entertain. They engaged with all ages, were seen throughout the day interacting with couples, families or children. I was amazed at the language abilities of some indivduals in the team, Dutch, German, Polish, English, Russian as well as their native Turkish tongue. Wow! They held shows, every evening in an ampitheatre, of various themes but always started off with a prize giving to the winners of the in-house games they'd held that day.

Onsite there are various shops, clothes, accessories, jewellery, photographer, 'corner-shop', a hairdressing salon for ladies and gents. The staff were of course trying to sell you their wares but were not overly pushy. Internet, pool, table football, PS3 games were available at charge as was the items in the mini bar and ice-cream.

The location of the hotel was great for us. A 10 minute stroll to the beach where sun loungers and beach bar for guests of the hotel to use. For a euro each way, a 10 minute bus ride to Side centre. Cash machine facilities right outside the hotel, as was a pharmacy, fast food outlets and souvenir shops.

As an English person I would recommend this hotel to English speakers with a patient nature as English is not the predominant language of the hotel. I was very lucky that my husband speaks Dutch and understands German. Either of these languages would be an advantage to the British traveller as would Turkish! As I previously said we look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our second trip to Turkey, having honeymooned there some 7 years ago. We were looking for a reasonably priced, all inclusive holiday, and whilst searching for hotels within our price range, discovered the Linda, although the reviews seemed so mixed. How could individual experiences range from excellent to terrible? Our experience...? Better than the best review we'd read, prior to going!!

Nowhere is going to be absolutely perfect, and that includes the Linda. The bedrooms, whilst spotlessly clean, were a little tired (but do have GREAT air con). We were told that the hotel is having a refurb during the off-season. The beach bar is a ways from the hotel, but we were happy to make the 10 minute walk, although there was a hotel bus available. The beach-bar itself was a little disappointing, and looked a lot less inviting than the neighbouring bars of other hotels. Our stay was at the end of September, a matter of weeks before the hotel was to close, so I guess wasn't as hectic as in the height of the season, which is when I imagine other guests may have experienced problems. Even off season, there was a shortage of seating outside, in the evening. There was also a shortage of lighting along the pathways in the grounds, which can prove a little dangerous, as some the paths were uneven. My final negative point is the constant attempt by the entertainment staff to sell their €10 DVD. I didn't mind paying for this memory, but found that it didn't actually play in Britain.

Now for the positive stuff!! It is absolute rubbish that the staff do not speak English and are unhelpful. Whilst few English people holiday there (only 10 rooms during our stay), we had no problem being understood. Speak to Ozi (the DJ) and Emra (entertainer) in particular. They speak better English than some English people. We found ALL of the staff, more friendly, charming and approachable than those at the Sheraton in Antalya, where we honeymooned. Nothing was too much trouble. We arrived at 2am, and after a speedy check-in, our luggage was taken to our room for us. As were both hungry and thirsty, and were offered a most welcome platter of assorted cold meats, cheeses, salad and olives, along with an even more welcome glass of beer. The food during the entire week was both varied and delicious, there being a .good selection of hot and cold dishes. It was obvious that the chefs took great pride in their work, as they stood in the serving area, happily offering advice and translations. Most of the hot menu was obviously tailored for German and Dutch guests, as they presented the majority of the hotel's residents.These same quality dishes were also available at beach bar. There was an evening of traditional Turkish cuisine, which was truly exceptional. I would have liked to have seen more of these dishes on other nights of the week. To any critics of 'foreign' food, I would say, "why holiday abroad?" As well as the expected mealtimes of breakfast, lunch and dinner, there were snacks available at other times during the day, culminating in a serving of hot fresh soup at midnight. A nice touch!

I agree with other reviewers who say that one had to travel for outside amenities. There are few independent bars and restaurants locally, and Side is but a cheap 20 minute ride. Side is magnificent, with its vast array of ancient ruins and beautiful maze-like side-streets, with their Ottoman architecture. Manavgat market is simply crazy, but well worth a visit, to experience Turkish culture. To save yourself from the often overenthusiastic stall-holders, prepare a few stock lines of Turkish. Also, be prepared to haggle. Apart from big department stores, haggling is not only common-place, but even expected. Even for the locals.

Quick tips:
*Take euros, you'll find shopping easier.
*Take a good phrase book. I recommend Berlitz
*Keep a small note book with pre-chosen stock phrases. "Hello", "I would like..." etc
*When haggling, don't do what I did, and say how much better value an item is than the store
next door, thus experiencing the humiliation of actually driving the price up. Oh, the shame!

Back to the Linda. By English "standards" it is currently, clearly a 3*. But after it's forthcoming refurb, who knows... I believe, from talking to the staff, that they have to reapply for their jobs each season. I hope that the hotel management is wise enough to re-hire each and every one from the 2012 season. They helped make our holiday what it was

Would my wife and I return to the Linda? Absolutely, and without hesitation!!!

Room Tip: Upper level rooms, closer to the outside lower bar.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gosport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I took my son here for the easter holidays. The hotel consisted of mainly german and dutch guests who were incredibly friendly more so than I have experienced on holiday before. The staff even if they didnt speak english were friendly, helpful and made a huge effort. Although i do have to agree with the earlier comment about the internet guy. The animation team were great with the kids. The room was not great but functional. Some parts of the hotel need doing up. The food is a bit hit and miss. Some nights great and some nights not. It is far removed but 5 min walk to the beach and a bus stop outside the hotel which only costs 1 euro to get into town. I think if you go expecting a 3 star you will be impressed at the welcome. I do have to say again though that the animation team, waiting staff and bar staff were exceptional :)

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view of the mountains. Buy goods from in town as it's cheaper :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Came back from one week holiday at this resort and I now understand why there were not many reviews written..... No English speaking people goes there. We were the only family in the hotel who spoke english other than some of the entertainment staff who spoke a little bit, the bloke who was at reception spoke no english. The place was little Germany, two ladies booked in with us and left for another hotel the next day. No one to help with the suitcase

Food --- Was ok if you like potatoes and egg for breakfast, lunch and dinner was again drab with potatoes, rice and meatballs every day. There were some type of fish that had more bones than fish. Tables were always dirty unless you went when the restaurant opens - they do not change the table cloth when a family gets up
Drinks.... Tang, orange tango, 7up and coke. White wine, red wine, effes lager turkish gin and whisky. That was it for an all inclusive that is ridiculous. I went at 10:01 to get a cup of hot chocolate for my little girl and was told I had to pay for it. All In finished at 10pm. Breakfast finished at 9:30, lunch is 12:15 - 1:30, Dinner 6:15 - 8:30 and thats it. You had to pay for ice cream and to use pool table etc. Mini fridge again you had to pay for stock used.
The wait service was very attentive and remembered what drink you had not that there is much to remember really.

Rooms----- I paid £80.00 extra for a family room which is a single bed put into a double room. However rooms were clean. One day no towels were left in the room and I could not be bothered asking for any so we used our beach towels.

Entertainment.... The Michael Jackson show was good but that was it I didnt bother after kids disco was over. Nothing to do during the day, be careful sending your child to kids club minimal supervision there. My six year old left looking for me and I did not know, she took the lift by herself to the 5th floor and not a word from theone lady looking after 15 children. Another time I saw that the minder had left the kids for about 20 minutes by themselves and gone only Godknows where You do have to pay if you want your child to do any art work 7-15 euro at a time. The entertainment team is forever selling something.

Excursions ---- went on the boat trip as well as the cabrio bus tour. The bus tour was so tiring as they stop everywhere trying to get us to buy something. The transfer back to the airport also stop for us to buy things. uuuhhh
Did the 15 minutes free treatment at the hotel which is a ploy to get you to spend loads of money. The guy told my 13 year old daughter she had a short leg so they will need to do a treatment massage to correct this rubbish. Told us 120eu for both of us however paid 40eu for this on the beach which included them sending transport to and from the hotel. I also bought my excursions from the man on the beach.

Turkey was really nice,eating out very expensive, market a nightmare, men flirthy, hotel is full board not all in, not worth the money I paid and would not goback even if it was for free. Iwould go back to turkey but another resort.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Linda Hotel? Share your experiences!