“Rude ,Nasty, Horrible, Horrendous, Hotel and the Staff Bloody Miserable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Palm d'Or

Save Saved
You added Palm d'Or to your Saves list
Palm d'Or
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Demirel Bulvari 1127 Sok, Side, Manavgat 07330, Turkey   |
Ranked #193 of 228 hotels in Side
London, United Kingdom
“Rude ,Nasty, Horrible, Horrendous, Hotel and the Staff Bloody Miserable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The experience in PALM DOR HOTEL, Side (Resort) Antalia Tukey has been the most terrible in my life.
For start I did arrive on 2 am midnight at the airport but the shuttle came 1 hrs late driver didn’t know where to go, and take him another 2 hrs to get to the hotel.

,Receptionist didn't speak English Language at all ,moody miserable , and not friendly which we did had lots of problems in the room and no one could care less ,this was shocking to go to Turkey and for Turkish people to act this way .

The food was horrible, either you cannot fed the dogs with it, the same every day for 7 days I stayed there, the drinks where cheap and nasty, lot of people where in the hotel where complaining from bad stomach, the music was trash; the air-condition did not work and was like a death sentence in the heat of 32 grad Celsius.

The main Manager was nasty rude and lazy and arrogant, which he didn’t like we talking to English and when we needed any think for the room he was talking back in Turkish Language.

The other Manager was asking for sex, he was ugly, disgusting, and jealous (he acted round me as he was my husband) which did make my holidays very stressful.

I had to tell him to [--] of many time, also my friends had to tell him to back of.

My religion expensive golden necklace which has run in my family for 6 generations was stolen from the hotel room and the Manager did not care about it, just he was blaming me for living my family generation necklaces in the hotel room.

I did pay £1.000 pounds for you crap Hotel only to stay 5 days so where I support to live my staff you bloody idiot.
I had to report my self in the Local Police Station, and to find Translator which I had to pay as well.
The star rate is 4 star (that has to be changed ASAP to minus 24 star, either my dog I will never ever send to stay to this discussing Hotel and to so much rudeness.
This experience has put me of as I have been to Turkey before and I did love the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

There's a lot of recent negative feedback on this hotel and whilst I am not going to extol its virtues as it is not brilliant bear in mind when reading this review that I paid between £600 - £700 each for 2 weeks AI based on 2 sharing and that comfortably over 1/3 of that cost was the flight, baggage and transfers so the other 2/3 is to cover 2 weeks accommodation with AI. Not a lot is it?

The positives:-

AC is included in the price and it is a must have
The rooms are kept spotless and are decent sized with comfy bed
The showers are powerful with plenty of hot water on demand
The on site Turkish bath and massage is great value
We were offered a room at no extra charge to shower etc on day of departure
Manager was very helpful and reasonable when the key to our safe broke on our penultimate day
Sunbeds are readily available and there is a mix of sun and shade around the pool

The negatives:-

The food is very bland and samey (but the sweets are excellent!)
The AI bar closes at 2200 and is limited to local spirits and beer (which I think was Perge and not Efes which is a much better pint than Perge)
There is no entertainment to talk of and the music in the evening around the bar was inappropriate to the majority of clientele being loud house garage type music
Broadband was not available on one side of the building
The "gym" is poor but I wouldn't use it anyway but if that's your thing it isn't up to much
The hotel is quite a way from the old town but Dolmus' are running all the time
The hotel is in a bit of a "ropey" area but expect this will pick up as there is a 5 star hotel being built to the south of the Palm D'Or which should be finished in 2013

Side itself is lovely and I would recommend it as a destination to anyone but if you want 5 star facilities and services then you have to pay for it. Palm D'or is not 4 star but I think I received value for money.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We started with a 6 hour delay at Gatwick, so not the best of starts, we then arrived at the hotel and our room seemed ok although no view, nothing in the fridge and also no tea or coffee due to "health and safety" according to the receptionist! There was carpet on the floor which showed no sign of ever being hoovered, and other English guest complained of being bitten. After reading other reviews about the food we were hoping that there had been an improvement but no such luck. For Breakfast there was only chips, hard boiled eggs, bread, salad and cereals. There was no other options for different style of eggs, and no bacon, beans and sausages. The coffee and juices were putrid in the restaurant and the bar shut at 10 sharp which served drinks in off coloured plastic cups. As for the entertainment there was a mix of English, German and Turkish music and that was it. The pictures they display on web pages are very deceiving its very dated everywhere and is best a maximum of a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: over looking the pool but not to high in case you want to jump !!!
cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Just arrived home from Palm d'or after staying for a week with my friend, we were slightly worried after reading the bad reviews but went with a open mind and were pleasantly surprised! We were treated very well during our stay, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and both the owner and manager went out their way to make our stay more pleasurable. The hotel and rooms were very clean, food was ok, pool was great especially the slides and you could always get a sunbed, alcohol was limited to beer, wine, vodka, gin and raki, but that was fine.
One thing you must do whilst staying here is to visit the Turkish bath and sample a massage, my friend and I both think its the best we've ever had!
There is a lovely beach ten minutes walk away and you can hire sunbirds for 5 lira for the day here which also includes a
Waiter service. There is also a good selection of souvenir shops locally, and some fantastic handbag shops for the ladies!
Would I come back to this hotel? Definately!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Difficult to know where to start with this. If I don't get my money back for this stay it's a crime.

We booked a week's holiday to the Palm D'or hotel from 15th - 22nd September.

After a 4 hour delay with flights we were itching to get to the hotel as it was the middle of the night and we were exhausted after travelling all day, not to mention eager to kick start our first holiday in 2 years.

We arrived at the hotel around 2 or 3 in the morning, like others have already said - you pass many lovely looking hotels and arrive at the Palm D'or trying to convince yourself if it's four star it must get better on the inside. It does not.

We were told on checking in they had overbooked the rooms and there was no room for us that night, we would have to stay in their 'sister' hotel - we were assured this was the same category 4* and would only be for the night. May I add the couple who arrived after us were given a room. As if that wasn't bad enough, we were taken to the hotel in a questionable vehicle by a man who was hanging around with the man on reception - we arrived at Melissa Garden which can only be described as a hovel. We had paid for an all inclusive, four star hotel and were taken to a self catering apartment which would be a 2 star at an absolute push. I wish I had taken pictures - it was filthy and we hardly slept a wink. We went back downstairs around 7am to have breakfast and try to find out what was going on. We assumed due to being messed about we would be able to use our all inclusive bands for breakfast - but no, we were refused food because they weren't all inclusive.

We were taken back up to Palm D'or at around 11am and were still waiting around for hours before we were given a room. In the meantime, I went into the managers office to complain - to which I was told 'this is not my problem - you go home you complain to your rep and get your money back' and was dismissed. He would not listen to me, I would've had more luck talking to a brick wall.

The lobby area is not like you see on travel website's photographs. It's dark and dingy and the lobby bar was not open once throughout our stay. We were eventually given a key to our room which was basic but spacious and clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower was powerful, no real complaints for the bedroom other than they were blatantly not 4 * standard, but this we had already expected.

We paid for all inclusive, we ate there ONCE on a hangover when we really didnt have the energy to go out, and still regretted it. I would not feed that stuff to my dog, it was vile and repetitive. Chips for breakfast, chips for lunch, no chips for dinner. We were not the only ones who would walk into the dining room and walk straight back out again on seeing the food. The drinks are another joke - the cups they leave out for juice and water were barely washed and crawling with ants, the water was refreshing and cold and that was the only thing we could drink. The wine was like vinegar, the beer average, the juice was horrid and even the pop was undrinkable as it tasted nothing like lemonade or cola etc. 'All inclusive' ended at 10pm, sometimes as early as ten to ten the coffee machines etc would be turned off.

There was no entertainment whatsoever, the music that was played was what I can only assume purely for the barman's enjoyment as it was like hardhouse - this hotel was full of older couples and families and this music was on all day long, sometimes so loud you couldn't hear the music in your own headphones.

The pool area itself was small & 90% in the shade. You have to move your beds close to the pool to be in the sun. The slides enjoyable for about 5 minutes.

The 'fitness centre' is laughable. A treadmill and a rusty old weight.

I enquired about late check-out as we had been told by other people who were flying out late that they had simply asked for it and were given it straight away and for free due to the trouble they had on the first night or 2 (we were not the only ones who didnt have a room the first night) The receptionist spoke very good english, he clicked on his mouse and told me it was not possible. Understandably, after the trouble they'd given us I got upset and argued with him - i didn't shout, or swear, or give him abuse, I just very clearly told him this was unacceptable that we had only stayed there 6 out of the 7 nights we had paid for, they had offered late check out for everybody else and they were not giving it to us. He then said to me "everybody else asked me nicely, if you'd have asked nicely you could have had it but you stand there and get angry so I am not helping you' - tears welling up in my eyes with frustration I asked for his name to which he refused, he also refused to talk to me further and every time I spoke he cut me off and said 'come back in the morning'
... My partner went down in the morning, asked a woman for late check out - she said certainly and gave him the room til 9pm. So the other man was literally just refusing to cause me upset.

The ONLY upside to staying in this hotel was the fact we instantly had something in common with the other British people we met and ended up having a laugh with some great people who were all in the same boat, and ALL of the same opinion of this hotel.

The resort of Side, Antalya is beautiful. The beach is lush, loads of nice restaurants and bars, historic sites, markets and lovely people once you get outside the hotel. Just stay somewhere nice and NOT here and you'll have a great time!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here full stop.
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ok, this is what we've liked:
- We liked the rooms because they are big, the beds are also big, cleaned daily with a nice staff ( who by the way speaks english ).

Now, what we didn't liked and honestly hated, this is by far the most wasted money:
- Personally we've been to several locations and also 4 stars so i can really say this wasn't 4 stars, more like 2 or 3.
- The food was ok but we expected a bigger diversity
- Horror music, the guy who is a bartender outside seems like he's also a DJ and he thinks he's playing the music for himself, you barely feel like in a turkish location, he mostly played a crazy clubbing trash music which was really annoing
- Also the guy from the outside bar has lots of rude moments when he's just trying to push your limits, he's rude and he shouldn't work at a hotel especially with people
- Bar with drinks is closed at 22 ( everywhere i've been it's around 23:00 ), after it's paid extra (non-inclusive) and there are served the same poor drinks ( at least they could've bring the good stuff )
- The overall attitude was really strange, like "we already got your money, take this or go home", no friendly attitude. We've been places and this is the ungliest hotel we've been to, although we paid more.
- if you want to speak english, well.. don't, because you can't really speak it with these guys, even the guy from the reception didn't knew, he was sign-speaking, had to try understanding him
- very expensive transport from airoport to hotel, around 140-150 euro 2 way trip. This is not Honolulu, this really is too much. Also the taxi is the same or lower if you negociate.
- Really rude and arrogant staff, i've never met staff like this.

Overall, stay out!! Don't waste your money!!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms i think are the same.
Tynemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived at the hotel down a dirty little dusty track, when we got to reception to be told there was not 2 rooms for us that we would have to stay in the hotel over the road 2* sister hotel for 2 night which we would not in the end we agreed to 1 night (great start) but this was a common problem it seemed to happen 3 or 4 times or even more so it was not a 1 off were people arrived and there was no room for them . We got the rooms the next day at 12am they were clean but this was not a 4* hotel, the food was very very poor we had to eat out ALLOT the child in our party found it very hard to find any thing that she liked, no English dishes allot of the days we just had soup and bread. We had to pay for cocktails these were not free and the bar closed at 10pm. There was No entertainment other than one night of singing in our 10 night stay. No Pool Life Guard (and the music around the pool was terrible), No security at Hotel gate at any time. When we booked we know that the beach was 800 meters away which was okay, but you have to cross a busy dual carriageway on your way there. I would Not recommend this hotel to any one and again this is not a 4* hotel.

Room Tip: You can either have a room looking over the dusty track and waste lat were people dump rubbish or ov...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palm d'Or? Share your experiences!