“Not what I expected!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Brahman Hotel

Brahman Hotel
You added Brahman Hotel to your Saves list
Brahman Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Yali Mahallesi Kenan Evren Caddessi No:13, Side, Manavgat, Turkey   |
Ranked #43 of 75 Side B&B and Inns
“Not what I expected!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel made my vacation unvalueble.
I just returned to Sweden after visiting
Side, and feel like I have to caution others for Brahman hotel!

The bathrooms smelled REALLY bad, the mosque across the road woke me up 5 of 7 days (and was still very disturbing during the days), the heat outside made the "short" walk to the west beach insufferable, we only got one roomkey (which was a problem considering the AC and fridge turned of while the key wasn't in the room), we couldn't communicate with the hotel-staf because they couldn't speak English at all (they could barley understand when we ordered food from their menu), they played loud music all the time and the rooms hade no sound insulation (we heard sounds from the reception all the time.) You weren't aloud to bring any drinks to the hotel (they didn't have a store at the hotel as my travel agent told me, only one bar where drinks were expensive.)

The breakfast were supposed to close 10 AM, but if the food was out at 9.30 AM they had no interest at filling it up for those who came to eat during the last 30 minutes.

I seriously was about to call my travel agent after my third day (of seven) to hear if they had any flight I could take home, even though I wouldn't get my money back it would have been worth it.

I really hope you read this before booking this hotel and you'll end up as disappointed as I am.

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Business
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have just returned from Brahman Hotel Side.
This is not a hotel we recommend!

We had the following problems:
- Staff do not speak English
- The cleaning is very inadequately
- Maid came right into the room while we were in the shower and did not turn in the door
- Hotel staff do not communicate among themselves
- Poor service, we are waiting up to 30 minutes for 2 cola while the staff sat with legs dangling at the bar
- They do not allow you to bring drinks / food to your room even though they do not have room service or minibar.
- There are no phone in the room or safebox.
- The fridge in the room did not work and was not replaced or repaired
- They played very loud music around the pool area and played the same CD constantly for 10 days.
- They started construction work with a circular saw at the pool area while the guests were and relaxed by the pool.
- Bartender can not make a simple drink
- They have bags for laundryservice in the room but did not know what to do about it.
- They allowed glass bottles to stand for several days outside our hotel room because no one on site had a "responsibility" to remove them.
- Bed linen and towels were stained and smelled like wet cat.
- They treated guests differently when they had family in the hotel. The family received prompt service and constant attentions.
- The hotel does not take any creditcard.

The staff tryed to be helpful but they dont understand what you are saying. And we had to complane many times about the cleaning, music and building.
They did fix the music and building our last 2 days.
We were there for 14 days and did go on trips to Kappadoka and Pamukkale.
If you are on this hotel, we recommend some trips to get out of the hotel for some days.

We are still very unhappy with this hotel and we are going to take this forward with the tour operator after partially ruined holiday

Norway

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Brahman Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Brahman Hotel

Address: Yali Mahallesi Kenan Evren Caddessi No:13, Side, Manavgat, Turkey
Location: Turkey > Turkish Mediterranean Coast > Antalya Province > Manavgat > Side
Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #43 of 75 B&Bs / Inns in Side
Hotel Class:3 star — Brahman Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Brahman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Brahman Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.