“Good Holiday and Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Perissia

You added SENTIDO Perissia to your Saves list
SENTIDO Perissia
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bingesik Mevki Kum Koyu Yolu, Side, Manavgat 07330, Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 230 Hotels in Side
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Good Holiday and Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

From the Martins - Room 9233

We would like to thank the General Manager Tolga Cinar and Jessie (Customer Services) and our Thomas Cook Reps Jordan. Katie and Natalie for all the care and concern shown during our stay nothing was too much trouble for them. Thank you.

My husband and myself arrived on the 5th of September a bit nervous as the Hotel had had a Virus outbreak in August and was in the National Press and on the Television.

Very high profile customer service on arrival from Hotel staff and Thomas Cook Reps.

All going well until 5 days into the holiday I went down with bad stomach cramps and diarrhoea , told the reps who were instantly concerned and offered lots of help, fortunately we had taken medication out with us, which worked although I had no appetite at all and could only eat plain bread, toast and bananas for 3 days. The Manager Tolga Cinar came to see us and told us if we needed anything at all just to ask and it would be provided. He also sent up a large bowl of fruit from the Hotel for us.

On the Saturday it was our Wedding Anniversary, and the hotel sent up wine, fruit, dried fruit and nuts to the room, despite already having wine and fruit in the room when we arrived.

Our table in the evening had been decorated with flowers and the hotel presented us with an Anniversary cake at the end of the meal.

The holiday was very enjoyable despite the hic ups.

Although I would like to have seen Hand Sanitation Points outside the entrances to the Dinning Room and at the entrances to the Beach Restaurant as guests were coming straight off of the beach to eat at Lunch time.

Room Tip: South side for quietness
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Hiya,

I wasn't going to bother with a review but from reading what some people have said it made me so angry that I thought why not!!!

We arrived august 11th until the 26th!

First of all the hotel is lovely... Clean with friendly staff!! Being a group of three girls we made a bit of mess in the room but the maids were amazing! Clean room everyday!! Animation staff were also amazing and we have added them on Facebook to stay in touch! A let down to the hotel itself would be the size of our bedroom... As we were three adults sharing we had a double bed and a single bed squeezed into a standard room so not a lot of space!
The food in the restaurant was good - a bit repetitive. Also please note if u are planning on having a late meal we found it hard to find a clean table with cutlery, however staff would quickly come and sort us out!!
Sunbeds - we did have to get up at 6am most days, took it in turns and didn't find this too bad!

The illness
Two out of three of my party suffered from the bug/illness and I cannot believe what people have wrote on here about it not being true or that we are exaggerating! All I can say is lucky for you for not having any symptoms! I had the illness and once the stomach cramps kicked in I was in tears - women with children that were experiencing the cramps were telling me that The cramps were a similar pain to labour contractions!
I would also like to point out that it was not just the English who suffered from the bug as on numerous occasions we witnessed guests from other countries picking up their prescriptions as well as talking to a group of four from Bulgaria who were all suffering!!
I don't think anyone is saying that the hotel is awful etc.. And I do believe that the majority of frustration is aimed at the tour operators.
I feel that the guys that haven't suffered the illness are extremely lucky as this holiday would of been perfect had we not suffered. I also think that if you had not experienced the illness it is unfair to comment on the people that did as it was an extremely worrying time for me and for my family back home not knowing what was wrong.
Unfortunately due to the illness we the could not go on any excursions and had to cancel the ones we had booked, we could not take full advantage of he food as we were instructed to eat 'plain' foods, we could not drink alcohol and we could not really leave the hotel just incase!!

I would also like to point out that we were instructed by Thomas cook and by the hotel doctor to stay in our rooms if we were suffering the symptoms, however, we were on our holiday and so tended to just lie in the shade by the pool.

As stated above the hotel was lovely and without the bug would of been a perfect holiday!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I returned from a 10 day stay at the Sentido Perissia on 17/9/13 and would like to say it was our 3rd stay at this hotel and still a FANTASTIC holiday destination. Many thanks to the staff especially Cetin, Adel, Deniz and others too numerous to mention. We would also like to thank the Thomas Cook Reps in the hotel Jordan, Natalie,Catie and also Fiona who were there to make sure this visit was as special as the others. This hotel is one of the cleanest,friendliest hotels we have visited. After reading other reviews about getting up at 6.30 to get a sunbed we had no problems whatsoever, even at 10 o clock there were still plenty available around the pool area.

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have not found the need to write a review before, but I always read the trip advisor reviews before I travel and feel disappointed that this hotel didn't live up to my expectations. Myself and family stayed at this hotel during August 2013.
Lovely location and setting, but a tired hotel and tatty in places.
I didn’t experience the pool area as it was too packed for me and my family, but visited the beach and this was delightful.
The evening entertainment was OK and the concierge helpful.
The waiter service was terrible in the buffet restaurant, more often than not found myself hunting around for the likes of cutlery and someone to clean the table before my family could sit down. On numerous occasions I was unlucky enough to come across dirty crockery mixed in with the clean items. I've never been to a 5* star hotel before where they have dirty trolleys being wheeled around the restaurant which are bought up to your table to collect dirty plates etc.
Prior to the stomach bug outbreak the cleaning in the public toilets was of a poor standard however, this did improve during my stay.
My whole family suffered from the stomach bug which I feel could have been avoided if the hygiene standards had been better from the start. This resulted in us not being able to sample much of the cuisine.
Been other hotels in Turkey with exceptional service and standards for me and my family this hotel is overpriced and over rated. Would I go back…No, would I recommend it No.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Northamptonshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We ( a family of 4 including children age 5 and 3) stayed 2 weeks end of June beginning of July. We had paid £1000 extra for a 1 bed apartment with sea view. We arrived to a pleasant check in and found our room( bit annoyingly there was a small flight of steps we had to negotiate with large pram etc) . Initially disappointed in the dated room but it was large with seating and 2 rather high single beds. The main bedroom had a huge bed. Flat screen tv's but no English channels. Mini bar with small amount in it but was restocked( no wine) lots of hanging space. Large bathroom with terrifyingly noisy jacuzzi but separate shower which was helpful. Our sea view balcony did have a great view after peering over the 3ft plus solid concrete wall, sadly not a view we could enjoy sitting with a glass of wine, and after watching my 2 children teetering precariously on rickety cheap chairs to look over the wall, the balcony remained locked with the key hidden most of the time. It was very hot in the room and after requesting a fan was told the AC was excellent. We eventually stuck some card in the slot to keep it running 24/7 and this kept it just cool enough. Pool and gardens were pretty and well maintained. Sunbed he'll. we soon realised it was going to be a chore to get a bed. We managed to get a couple of beds each morning by getting there for 7 and moving bits about. Did not often get a parasol though which was a killer. There were beds in the gardens and beach but our children wanted to be in the pool and you cannot relax if your bed is miles away. The sand was too hot on the beach making that not my favourite choice. It also wasn't very clean even first thing in the morning. The children loved the water slides but I do not think health and safety matches our uk standards. We used the kids club and the girls were very nice even taking our smaller boy to be with his sister but it is not secure, the door is always open and children are free to wonder about. Not what I have ever experienced before. The dinner club for them was good as it gave us a break some nights. We only tried the buffet, not organised enough to book a la carte ( we were at the pool at booking time). It was not good. Very bland poorly organised repetitive, queues and generally a stressful affair, especially running around to sort the children first, breakfast did not have much in the way of usual fare ( beans sausages etc) and my plain eating children struggling to eat. Service was erratic, some better than others , but very rarely did I receive a top up of drinks. Bar service too was hit and miss- outside much better, inside I was ignored to have men served before me always. V annoying. The beach restaurant at lunch was best and actually the burgers near the pool ended up being a popular choice. Otherwise we would have eaten out had there been anywhere else to go. The prom walk to side took at least 40 mins. We did this a couple of times and taxi'd back. But all the shops are the same and the hassle a little wearing. ' cheaper than tesco' was a popular chant. We did the pirate cruise outside the hotel which kids loved and they would go back tomorrow. Sadly their stressed , disappointed parents will be unlikely to return.
Harken the restaurant manager was very helpful in our search for milk for our little boy, the kids club girls were very nice and the lifeguards friendly, otherwise it was not memorable for too many good reasons. A refit may help but the location didn't suit us anyway.
We did not get sick ( except for catching a verucca- thank you perissia!) and assume our holiday had ended before it happened but don't think the food hygiene was great and found soap in toilets etc empty several times. Once resorting to traipsing into the men's to find some. I imagine many others would not have been so diligent . Of course it could have been the huge jar of rancid butter that was wheeled out every morning ! I was drawn in by the rave reviews on here and can't imagine how people's standards or experiences can differ so greatly. I'm my experience this is a 3.5 star and I would be curious to how much difference the refurb can make to that.

Room Tip: High floor full balcony with sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
South Staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Perissia from 15th - 31st August 2013, this was our fifth time here in this wonderful hotel, as previous years we had a fantastic holiday, all the hardworking staff remember you and make you feel as though you are visiting family. The hotel is extremely clean and well presented we always have a room overlooking the tennis courts which seems to be the quiet part of the hotel and the views overlooking the sea are wonderful.
There is so much choice of food in this hotel from the buffet restaurant, 5 a la carte restaurants, beach restaurant, snack bar and even a cake cafe - don't even think about dieting!!!
Also there's a choice of bar areas to have a cocktail from nice quiet areas to more livelier depending on choice ( hello to veli in the key club número uno) the evening shows this year were better than ever very professional, daytime activities are available with the wonderful animation team hello to all of you x we are lucky to have at least 2-3 foreign holidays each year but we still keep coming back to this hotel you will find it hard to beat this hotel and looking forward to seeing the revamp next year. Thank you Tolga and all your staff for another wonderful holiday xx

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room request one overlooking the tennis courts
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've rested here for 2 weeks in June. Everything was perfect. Food - fantastic, animation - great.
The stuff here is lovely. Everyone speaks on 2-3 languages. Ladies-animators are also cute:)
They always pulled me to different competitions and activities.
I liked this hotel very much. Also advice it for family recreation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to SENTIDO Perissia? Share your experiences!