“Blissfully relaxing, complete paradise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Perissia

You added SENTIDO Perissia to your Saves list
SENTIDO Perissia
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bingesik Mevki Kum Koyu Yolu, Side, Manavgat 07330, Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 230 Hotels in Side
“Blissfully relaxing, complete paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I've just come home from my second holiday here this year. ALL of the staff make sure you never go without. Everyone's friendly, the hotel is safe, secure and impeccably clean. The animation team put on amazing shows and work hard to make sure you always have something to keep yourself entertained from the minute you wake up. I'll be coming back time and time again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Turkish first
Redcar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is an outstanding hotel. The cleanliness was second to none. The food is fantastic. At every meal there was loads of choices. If you wanted english, german turkish and many other types it was there.A large choice of Fresh bread and fruit was readily available as well as loads of vegetabes and salad. The puddings were terific to look at and melted in the mouth. In short there was choices for everyone and plenty of them, all at an extremely high standard.You also had ckes available in the afternoon and near the pool bar was a food ba if you didnt want to leave the sun at dinnertime.
Its the end of Nov and I have just returned. The weather was still hot enough to sunbathe, although only from about 930 till 4 ish as it gets cooler once the sun goes down. I had 2 out of 7 drizzily days, but even they were hot enough to walk around in shorts and tee shirts. Even on the duller days there was things to do. The pool outside was cold but the sea was warmer and there is an indoor pool so you can still do plenty of swimming.
Every day except sunday the entertainment team had activities on such as darts, shuffleboard, various exercise classes in and out of the pool, nordic walking, or turkish lesons. On a night there was always a show on and if you wanted to go on till later, there was often a pianist playing in a bar or if you wanted to you could go clubing in the hotel. The team were extremely friendly and great with kids. My 6 year old daughter loved the mini disco they held for half an hour on a night and even though there were only a few chldren at this time of year, they always held it.
The beach is a step away from the hotel ground so it was great. If you want to go to Side there were always taxis near the hotel or we always went on the local bus which was a five minutes walk away and they came every 5 mins.
I talked to 2 girls who were late teens early 20's. One had been here in July and she said it was much fuller and extra entertainment was on around the outdoor pools then. At this time of year there were more older people and I suggest you go to chill and get some winter sun. If you want a wilder time, I suggest nearer the summer. I think all ages, singles and families would love this hotel, just consider what time of year it is, quieter in the winter and busier in the summer. There is no need to leave this hotel, but if you want to 10 mins on the bus and you can be at the local markets or at the fantastic ruins in Side.Top hotel. Staff outstanding.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed ok. we had a view of the gardens and sea. most rooms I think saw the sea,gardens or...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've just returned from our second time at the Sentido Perissia and I viewed some of the previous comments with interest.

Access to the hotel - The access is in the form of a Y with two entrances onto the road with the hotel being at the base and the right branch to the 'dolmus' bus stop being fully lit all the way down. The left hand branch is only partially lit. On our first visit the cab driver had difficulty finding the hotel as it is indeed down a lane five minutes walk from the road and the bus stop and is not very well signposted. The Perissia is not one of those monster 'in your face' hotels and that is why we like it. All the dolmus drivers know it and it is listed as one of their stops.

Friendliness of staff and their ability to speak English - All staff go out of their way to be helpful and I can't fault them. They will even go out of their way to answer and address special requests - walking the 'extra mile'. Many speak excellent English and most will have some understanding if the guest makes an effort to make themselves understood. Any issues we raised, particularly with regard to minor maintenance matters were dealt with within 30 minutes.

Cats in the hotel - I'm not fond of cats, particularly foreign cats that may carry disease. But I never saw any in the hotel itself other than some in the grounds. The main place they congregate is at the ADA a la carte fish restaurant and it made my meal there uncomfortable but that's not the hotel's fault as it's a fish restaurant and is open air so what can they do about it? I'll just remember for next time.

Food - We think that the food at the Sentido Perissia is excellent (I think that Paloma Hotels have their own farms for some of their food) with loads of choice but with regard to the main Paloma restaurant if you don't like salads then this will limit you a bit. But if you make use of the a la carte restaurants as well then you should be fine. Only problem was that as we went in the 'off season' then on a couple of occasions some of the a la carte restaurants were closed when there were not enough bookings for that night and we had to be flexible with the date if we wanted that restaurant. We were able to get something to eat late in the evening when we wanted it (we had to ask where to go), a basic burger and chips but it was really good. Also the little cake stall in the 3rd floor bar area serves delicious cakes guaranteed to put on the calories.

Drink - We're not big drinkers, but we couldn't fault the wine (again locally sourced by Paloma Hotels) and the other drinks we had served by friendly bar staff. We are now addicted to Blue Hawaiian cocktails.

Rooms - The Perissia put themselves out to find us the room we wanted and we are really grateful for this. That being said, the standard of maid service and cleanliness could have been a little better than it was at first - I think that someone must have complained (it wasn't us) as a supervisor visited that block of rooms and things noticeably improved. We feel that a training need is required with regard to the attitude of the maid that we had but we didn't feel strongly enough about it to complain to the hotel.

Spa - We didn't use the Nirvana spa on our first visit as we were treated to a 'hard sell' by a man which totally put us off. Also we felt that the spa reception was dark and not very inviting. This time although we had a slightly less aggressive hard sell (again by a man) we still weren't sure. A lady later did a much better job and convinced us to give it a go and we were pleasantly surprised by the hard work of the staff. We feel that if the spa was brightened up a bit and the sales pitch was by a woman and less aggressive then they would do better.

Pools - The outdoor pools are quite cold for swimming in November but this is the case with many hotels at this time of year. There is a heated indoor pool and we were able to swim in it but it was much better utilised for the daily aqua keep fit classes run by Roxanne from the Animation team. She was full of enthusiasm and made these fun.

Entertainment - The young Animation team are full of enthusiasm and work really hard to keep up activities during the day and in the evening. On the two occasions that we visited their show it was very good for a hotel entertainment performance. Having to cater for a very wide audience though I can understand that the shows may not be to everyone's taste.

So to conclude, I would say that if you want a holiday in Turkey in a hotel designed for comfort rather than ostentation then go to the Sentido Perissia. It is not perfect and I would agree that it is a good four star rather than a five star hotel, but it depends what you want. The fact that many people like ourselves are happy to return must say something.

I will finish by saying that the service we received from the Sentido Perissia and its staff was in stark contrast to the service we received from our Thomas Cook reps who appeared to be there to only sell a limited range of trips and were able to give only limited advice on exploring the locality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Got back in the early hours of last sunday from a half term week at the Perissia. We went with my brother and his family on what was their third visit to this hotel. Overall I would say we had a very enjoyable week, putting aside the chest infection i picked up on our last day there which resulted in me having a week off sick from work when we got back. Notwithstanding this, my review of the hotel is as follows:-
Location - Beach front location, a pleasant 30 mins walk along the prominade into Side resort.
Staff - Very warm and friendly and the backbone of this hotel's popularity I would suspect. The Reception staff were particularly helpful and the restaurant & bar staff always had time for a smile. Service was generally excellant.
Cleanliness - Absolutely spotless throughout. The drinking and eating areas were cleared and cleaned within seconds and the rooms were cleaned everyday to a very high standard - the Maid's really do an excellant job here and are well worth their tip at the end of the week.
Food - Generally good, the highlights being the beach fronted buffet lunch which was available most days & the Chinese a-la-carte option, which you had to reserve and pay a premium (£10 a head, although well worth it). The breakfast & evening meals in the main restaurant were a bit repetitive although generally quite acceptable.
Generally - Plentiful swimming pools, loads of sunbeds & parasols (although the demand is probably greater in the summer months), lovely beaches, local watersports facilities available. If you fancy a stay in the resort of Side, you won`t go far wrong with the Perissia as it does exactly what it says on the can.

Room Tip: If your stay is linked to a special occasion (birthday or anniversary), let the hotel know and you m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have just returned from a week at this hotel, however have been to the area several times and this is the worst hotel for the locality. After tracking all of the reviews prior to travel i was quite excited and looking forward to being spoiled and pampered and enjoying the Sentido experience, after all, all the posters in the travel agent suggest that the holiday will provide an amazing experience.
Firstly the flight out with Thomas Cook was excellent with extra leg room seats and pleasant attentive staff, the transfer was usual, this being the 4th drop of from Antalya airport.
The hotel is down a long lane with no lighting and is nothing impressive on arrival, it is dated and around 20 years old, which is quite old for the resort of Side as they are constantly building state of the art accommodation, which this hotel is not. The foyer is Ok, the rooms are just OK. They are dated and old fashioned and in need of a revamp. The corridors are long dark and snow semmed in an off white. The carpets are old and dirty and there was numerous cockroaches to be seen inside in the evening.
The a la carte restuaruant on the other hand are stunning with food and service being spectacular, however the buffett is appalling with food catered to the Germans and absolutely no bearing upon the country we were in. I was yet to sample some Turkish cuisine, oh yes there was turkish delight in bowls. The breakfast was ok, the rest was awful. The outside food was repetative and ok if you like chicken and salad. The burger kiosk was just that...burger or hot dog, the coffee was terrible and most areas lacked music or atmosphere. The table cloths were dirty in the buffet and mainly the waiters attended to the Germans with more enthusiasm than towards us English. I undestand from talking to people we met that they go year in and year out and it relies heavily upon repeat buisness, all i can say is that they have not tried other hotels to compare and contrast. I feel that this is an honest review and does not represent the hundreds that find it amazing. I travel around 4 times a year abroad and only book 5 star hotels world wide. I would not go to this hotel again if someone paid me, i was disappointed and surprised at its star rating. The communal toilets are more up to date and trendy in our local shopping mall. Silly things like this make you take notice as these issues all build a holiday experience. The shows were ridiculous and silly and not all what i was expecting. The activity team ignored people mainly apart from the occassional hello. The pool is lovely and clean with an abundance of sun beds but the hotel towels were worn and hard and some had brown stains on them. when i book and pay for a 5 star hotel this is what i expect this hotel would feature in the region of a 3 star. I know this will cause discontent from its regular clientel however i would rather be informed by a variety of reviews that are factual so that when i book i have informed choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

kids loved the pools, weather in August was wonderful. food was a bit same-e but of a good standard. don't go there if you want bacon every morning but do go if you want to chill out, let your kids make friends, enjoy water sports, enjoy a good vareity of drinks and relax from check in to check out.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and opt for the full balcony, enjoy a glass or two whilst your waiting for the ot...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have just read a review from Manual D and I am shocked at what he has written. It seems to methat he cannot be serious. I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now (the last time I stayed 3 weeks) and everytime we have been extremely well treated. The reception staff have always been most obliging about any of our request and the rest of the staff have always looked after us so well. The choice of food in the restaurant is amazing and it is all well cooked and presented.As for saying there are cats everywhere, that is totally inaccurate. There are a few cats around, but they have a cat house and are fed there. I have not heard anyone complaining about them. As far as I can see they do not impinge on the guests at all. The gardens are lovely and well kept and the beach is lovely.

I am quite particular about customer service in that I always assume that everyone should be helpful and welcoming. I like to think that I am a thoughtful guest and make life reasonably. simple for the staff, but believe me if I had not found the service very good, I should not have returned 4 times.As for the staff not speaking English-what rubbish. I can't think of a single occasion when I couldn't be understood or could not understand them.They possibly speak German slightly better, but what does that matter.

This is an very good hotel and does not deserve some of the things which have been written about it. Is there another agenda in these reviews?

Please, anyone who has not stayed at this hotel, don't be put of . I know lots of people who have stayed and they are all really impressed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to SENTIDO Perissia? Share your experiences!