IWe travelled out with Thomas Cook Airline (which was a Sun Express Aeroplane) and arrived at our hotel at 4.30am on 27th August. When we arrived at the hotel we were told our room was not ready (which should have been ready at 2pm on 26/8) and that we would have to go to another hotel for one night, they also said they had overbooked, so many customers moved to a different hotel. As you could imagine at 4.30am with two small tired children I was very angry and said I would not move to another hotel and then was advised by the Manager the room would be ready in 30 minutes but we actually waited an hour and a half. The room we were given was very small and we had to move again the next day. All the staff at the hotel could hardly speak any English which made things very difficult.
This hotel is advertised as 5 star and as we discovered it was not at all, we would have rated this no more than 3 star. We thought we were going to have a luxurious holiday going to a 5 star hotel but was very disappointed.
The disappointments we experienced were:
1) No Information Pack on arrival or in the room – we were given no information on anything at the hotel with regards to restaurant opening times, amenities, hire of equipment – e.g. safe, this would of helped as we had no Tour Operator or English speaking reception staff.
2) The Beach Towels were absolutely disgusting, they were thin, smelly and falling apart, I would not even use them to clean my car.
3) No free Ice Cream - it cost around 3 to 4 euros for two ice creams for the children, everything was very expensive. Not even a freezer with ice cream in the restaurant for meal times.
4) No Snack Bar during the day.
5) Only 5 free local alcoholic drinks on the all-inclusive – my husband drinks Brandy and they run out of this on many occasions.
6) Mini Bar – was a fridge with two small bottles of water on arrival and never
stocked during the 2 weeks.
7) Restaurant – at meal times the staff would start to clear away food well before the times stated – if you did not get down to meal times when the restaurant opened you did not get a good selection of food. Overall food OK - always something to eat.
8) On Departure Day the reception staff ring your room and announce your room number over a tannoy to evacuate the room – we did not arrive til late and had no room available on arrival!!
9) Gym facilities – was 5 pieces for equipment which only 2 working.
10) Indoor Pool – advertised but closed.
11) Umbrellas – very dirty – hotel was supposed to be only 2 years old but seemed more like 10.
The best thing going for this hotel is the ‘Animation Team’ who were Turkish and could speak some English. The hotel only bought in twice other “Shows” the rest of the entertainment was the in-house team.
Only 5 other families came to this hotel whilst we were there, the other customers were mainly either Russian, German or Dutch and they asked us “why we came to this hotel”!!
As you can imagine we are very disappointed and upset as you save all year round and look forward to a great holiday and to arrive at your holiday destination by an unwelcome face with very unhelpful staff and very unfriendly management team.
It was relief to leave this unfriendly hotel - thank god for the English families we met such as Jenny, Ash & Sam, Neil & family, Lisa & Max because of otherwise we would have had an awful time!!
Julie & Neil Smith - Northampton
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Club Side Coast Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Side Coast