“Amazing is being modest” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Evrenseki Beldesi, Side, Manavgat, Turkey   |
Ranked #22 of 234 Hotels in Side
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“Amazing is being modest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

If you want luxury and want an unforgettable, enjoyable holiday, then this is the place for you. Loads of food, loads of drink, loads of sun, loads of space, loads of pool space and very friendly staff.
Treat the staff the way you like to be treated and they will be very thoughtful and accommodating. We tipped a couple of staff who really went the extra mile.
Ignore all the negative reviews as these people are un-pleaseable!!!! This holiday location hotel was AMAZING from start to finish. Food & drink every where you turn!!
You you want plain English food, stay at home and don't go on holiday. Same goes for foreign holidaymakers.....Yes there are German, Russian, Dutch, Turkish etc at this hotel,,,,that's why its a holiday destination, it caters for all.

All in all, we are booking for 2 weeks now for next June 15 to the Royal Alhambra or Adam&Eve, 2 sister hotels. They are all amazing............

BEST 5 STAR EXPERIENCE EVER

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade if you have more than 1 kid. This can be done on arrival as long as you have emai...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
bromley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We've just had a week there. Me the missus and our two year old. There are some excellent bits of the hotel and a few niggles. I don't mind admitting that I have champagne taste with a tap water budget so the gripes and moans that I'll put down may not affect you at all. It's just in my opinion they are minor stumbling blocks which trip it up.

First the good stuff. The hotel is large. Pretty, very well decorated and kept spotless all day long by an army of cleaners. The lobby pool area toilets are always kept clean. The rooms are spacious,powerful shower, a few freebies slippers sewing kit, mini bar fridge topped up everyday with 2 beers and 6 cans of soft drinks and bottles of water. There is a kettle in the room but no iron. Free electronic safe and they are cleaned daily. The pools are large. Clean and lovely. Water doesn't have too much chorine. There is a pool bar area which Serves food from 12-4. Just the usual lunchy stuff. Serves up doughnuts and ice creams later in the day too. There is a hut that serves pizza just near the beach and there is also a bar which does lunch on its own private part of the beach. The beach is kept just as clean and the water is clear. The water park has slides for kiddies and little pools that they can paddle in and has a lunch bar there too. There are also a couple of good adult slides there which are fast. The kiddies fairground has trampolines a big wheel and some bumper cars. The food is fresh all day long and is 24 hours. They try to cater to everyone's taste and it can be a bit samey. But that's not the hotels fault. That just all inclusive for you. The entertainment team. Work hard and have been unfairly criticised on here. They work 10am till 2am and try really hard. They walk round trying to involve you in the sports and activitys and are Great with the kids. The play area by the pool has face painting and drawing a bracelet making. There's a mini disco at night for the kids and there is a show and some form of night entertainment on the beach

The niggles. A few people have complained about the Germans and the Russians at the hotel. I can't knock the hotel for catering to richer economy's but I can moan about their behaviour. Queuing. It appears is a British export that no one else respects. They will push in the queue. Accept it. It's not you it's just something they do but I think it's something the hotel should address. Check out is at 12pm we asked about a late check out and was told to ask at 9am on the day there would be a charge of 40 euros. On the day we were told hotel was booked 99% and it wasn't possible. Then found a family who had wangled one but it cost them 60 euros till 3pm. If you have a late flight things may get uncomfortable (although you can use all the facility's). You can use the spa for a shower but it's boys and girls changing rooms with one shower in each room and the towels are pretty much hand towels so keep hold of your beach towels before you hand them in and use them. Also at 99% capacity you will struggle to get a sun bed if you get up late. If you are going soon. Get up early to get a bed or you just won't get one aim for 9am. The wi Fi is only available in the lobby and I could only register one device for free after that it's 8 euros for 3 days. In the room the telly only has 3 English channels which are news channels. There is no USB input but there is a VGA input if you are taking a laptop so you can hook that up. The missus wanted me to mention about getting there late at night and having to fill in the check in info. She thought that could have waited till the morning

If you are going for a family holiday you will have a lovely time. As I said these are my personal niggles. Would I book again. No. But that's because I've been. Your kids will have fun and thats the main thing it's just those personal few niggles which make me knock it a star. There isnt anything to do outside the hotel. There are two mini shopping centres selling the usual fake stuff. But that's not the hotels fault. Money wise you can just take euros instead of lira. Everything is priced in euros. Oh and don't worry about following the dress signs for dinner. It's says no shorts or flip flops. You can wear what you want. Even in the al la carte restaurant it said no shorts but fellas were wearing them when I went in there

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the 3rd. Nothing to blow your skirt up about
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just finished a holiday at this fantastic resort in Side, Turkey. Had read all the reviews before my trip so knew roughly what to expect. The tote land it's facilities are first class and could not be faulted. The pool is the biggest and best I have seen. The multinational entertainment team were excellent. The food was plentiful and varied, although it was geared towards a largely German clientele. There was plenty for the kids to do with an onside Aquapark and FunFair. The only thing that let the whole experience down was the rude and abrasive attitude from the majority go the waiting staff. I would like to see them last 5 minutes in Glasgow with this attitude without getting one of our famous Glasgow Kisses. Would I return. Possibly, once I had learned a bit of conversational German.

Room Tip: Duplex rooms or those looking on to the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay at the Royal Dragon.We stayed for the second year in a row at this hotel with my housband and our 8 and a half year old boy.Very good duplex, with 2bathroom,very good personal and people.In the restaurant very nice staff english and especially german spoken.Very good and various food,verrryyy good icecream cake and a lots of cake with the flags at the countries that were similar to World Championship football matches.It was a celebration at football.Staff very attentive, and a veryyyyyy good impresion was of course Temo our sun tenniss trainor.Very good coach,modest and careful with children.Our sun Cezar,woke up every morning at 7, not to delay the tennis lesson.Temo was verry carefully,and always eager to
learn words in which children'ns train,even in romanian.He speaks very good russian,german and english. Thanks to him our boy loves tennis,and get started tennis lesson this week.thank you Temo.
The main beach at Side was very good with fine sand and clean sea without stones.The water slide and the pools was good.We spoke and play with english,german and russian people,so,was a very good and ,of course,very short holiday .We make turkish friends near by the hotel,at the bazar,where our sun make a very chic haircut for the second year in row.If you go there you have to ask about Adam and Murat haircut and cosmetics saloon, i guarantee you will not be sorry.All the best to all of you and enjoyable holiday.
Mihaela from Romania.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Visited this hotel end of March beginning of April 5 star all the way from entering until leaving, Food was plentiful, more than 50 choices and the kebabs out of this world I do not usually eat kebabs but at four o clock every day the kebab cafe was opened for one hour as well as the crepes. The tent was good as well as you got the Turkish food, When one restaurant closed another one opened I could go on and on about this hotel
Staff very pleasant from Management right down to the cleaners all had a smile on their faces especially the toilet attendant he was there from early morning until late at night always smiling.
Entertainment Staff worked hard as well to keep everyone happy.
The waiters always remembered you and would come to the table with your tea or coffee, as I got into trouble because I went for my own tea, he told me that was his job.
The pool area is just WOW loungers for everyone.
The bedroom was amazing as well very clean and sheets on the bed were Egyptian linen. The only downside was the bathroom had a bath instead of a shower but suited us.
I found the Turkish people to be very helpful and friendly,
This was our first time in Turkey and will certainly not be our last.
Went a trip into the old part of Side all the ruins and monuments taking you back thousands of years ago, very interesting.
We are looking at prices for next year, just one of the best holidays ever 5 star all the way and all the staff very friendly

Room Tip: Take Euro instead of Turkish lira as everything is priced in Euros
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay at The Royal Dragon. Cannot fault the hotel at all. Staff all so welcoming and friendly. Travelled with my husband and 3 year old. Family room was spacious with a nice balcony and was spotless. Showers really good too. Air con was very pwerful and of course well needed !
The main restaurant had so much variety of nice food catered for all tastes and we loved it. Especially the selction of puddings and fresh fruit. Chocolate fountain most days too! We didnt even feel the need to eat at the a la carte places as we enjoyed the main buffet so much. It was busy but you never felt like you were queuing too long. Staff everywhere were so attentive and English spoken by most of them which made things easier!
A special mention to the really hard working animation team. Who all made us feel at home and put on a different show everynight. George the animation manager was especially friendly as was Karim (whose dance moves were impressive) !!!
Beach bar evening entertainment was great and again all the staff encouraged guests to have a dance and a good time.
The main beach at Side was lovely - with lots of water sports available.
Funfair and water slides were great too.
Other nationalities did not seem to bother us - and seeemd freindly. Other English families were there too and most people seemed very happy.
I reccomend the Turkish bath and massage which was lovely!
Everything about the holiday was fab and I am alredy online looking to book this hotel again.
Heres hoping the animation team are the same for next year as they made the trip such fun!

Room Tip: family room
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Royal Dragon from 5th-12th June, my wife, nearly 4yr old boy, and I. We had booked based on Tripadvisor reviews.

PROS:

Tremendous hotel facilities, for kids & adults - mini Waterpark, the funfair (open in evenings only - a welcome alternative to kids club discos where the kids club team clearly favour children they had spent time with during the day, almost ignoring the others), the main swimming pool is huge, good quality of shows in the evening at the amphitheatre.
Cleanliness - everywhere was consistently clean, as were the rooms.
Food - massive buffet selection. Also good snack bars by the main pool & the beach restaurant for lunch.

CONS:

The staff - many of them were very nice, one guy I'd like to mention, i think his name was Senor Dominguez or similar, was very pleasant and professional. However, I'm going to provide examples of unacceptable staff attitude in any hotel, never mind a 5* establishment:
1) We arrived late at night; no offer of refreshment. Nor did they provide us with AI bands, and the following morning we rightly got accosted at the waterpark. When my wife went to get them (involving a good 5-7 min walk in damp swimwear) and asked why we didnt get them on arrival, she received a shrug instead of an apology.
2) On the 3rd night, there was loud live music coming from the bar directly below us. Our son couldn't sleep. We could clearly identify the songs. I phoned reception & was given an apology & assurance that we could move room the next day. When i went to reception the next day, as instructed, the 'Chief' of the shift was nothing short of ignorant. He offered the opinion that "everyone has kids", and offered us a similar room. When i suggested that the right thing to do is offer us a better room given the inconvenience of moving, disturbed sleep etc, he said it would cost us €32! We eventually got a better room but we still haven't received remotely close to an apology.
3) One of the flumes requires rubber rings, and a member of staff (always male) to hold it whilst you get into it. My wife generally felt uncomfortable getting onto this and we both felt that there was a fair bit of leering going on whilst this was happening. However, on our 5th day, the new guy, who i later found out was called Clostav or similar, acted extremely innappropriately. I could see what he was doing & called him on it. Under no circumstances should these members of staff feel the need to physically touch anyone going on the flume, especially on the bottom. When i reacted, i could tell from his response that he knew what he had done was wrong. I did not take the matter further with hotel management due to previous unsatisfactory dialogue with them, but will be contacting Thomas Cook.
4) Our last night, in the Turkish restaurant, the barmaid brings a juice for our child without a straw. When we ask for one, my wife & I both witness her rolling her eyes & sighing. Once again, absolute ignorance. On her return i ask her if it was a problem getting the straw. As she doesn't speak english, a waiter translates & all of a sudden, she is smiling sweetly.

These are the main examples of staff ignorance/unproffessionalism, but there are numerous others. We both felt that the Russian & German patrons were prioritised & treated better. I genuinly would be writing a short-novel equivalent if I detailed all examples of rudeness we encountered.

The staff have selective understanding of English.

The hotel itself is 5* because of the waterpark & funfair, if you have no interest in that, then I would suggest 4*. The staff, i would say, 2* and the worst we have ever experienced.

Having stayed at the Cornelia Diamond in Belek three years ago, I would say that the Royal Dragon is inferior when it comes to food, decor & certainly the staff. Kids may prefer the Royal Dragon, but we will not return and I can't recommend it.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Royal Dragon Hotel? Share your experiences!