“Pegasos World, Side, Turkey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pegasos World Hotel

You added Pegasos World Hotel to your Saves list
Pegasos World Hotel
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Titreyengol Mevkii, Manavgat 07600, Turkey   |
Ranked #40 of 287 Hotels in Manavgat
Staines, Surrey
“Pegasos World, Side, Turkey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Our family had an 11-night break there at the end of August this year.
We found the hotel does not deserve the Platinum status in the Thomson brochure and would give it between 3-4 stars. We chose this hotel because the brochure was so convincing. Next time we will not fall for the "Platinum" sign and clearly it means nothing, in this case anyway.
This is a massive hotel and you will find rubbing shoulders with nearly 3000 people in high season, so be aware! There are a huge number of Scandinavian, Russians who get very noisy and seems to leave their manners at home so don't be surprised if they cut you up or jump in from of you in a queue! However, most of them are ok. The rooms are average, confortable enough not to get a holiday backache. Maids clean the rooms every day and are very friendly and helpful. The main restaurant is fine, clean and well managed but the food is repetative a little, otherwise tasty. The pool is very well proportioned and they seem to hoover it most nights to clean the sand, etc. The pool area was getting a little dirty by 1st/2nd September. I wondered if they turn the cleaning down a notch once most of the families with school aged kids leave...I felt the toilets near the pool have not been cleared regularly enough, although there is always the issue when some people leave the loos in a disgusting state no matter how well the cleaners attend it... There were many loungers around but in high season you will find many people putting their towels down early to book a hot spot, but that seems to be the norm no matter where you go.
We cannot speak highly of the staff. They are welcoming, friendly. Especially Hande. She was out customer relation contact and we had a chat with her every day. She was always availably and even sent us some drink and fruit to our room as gifts.
We found the entertainment team to be very good. They are very friendly and are great with the kids. They hold different excercise classes during the day, so if you want to be more active you can try Belly Dancing, Latin Aerobics, Sunset Salutation, etc. Don't bother with the gym though, the equipment is ancient and half of them don't work properly.
The everning shows were very good too and not at all repetative and the presenter speaks 5 languages so no nation feel left out!
Hopefully you will find these notes helpful.

Room Tip: higer floor seems to be quieter and a room with balcony overlooking the west is a nice spot to have...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at Pegasos World Hotel from 23rd August - 6th September, and I must say before we went I was very apprehensive about the holiday as I had read some reviews on trip adviser and they seemed to vary from very good to very bad - there was no in between. I was therefore very happy to discover that I need not have been worried at all as the place was brilliant. The resort was very busy from the end of our first week for about 4 days due to a local festival, but even with the added numbers we were still able to get a table in the Ambrosia Restaurant as Yahya and Fatih reserved our usual table, and this was great. Yahya and Fatih were very helpful and attended to our every need - and might I add they did this without any monetary stimulation. I know some people in previous reviews were complaining about the food, but I cannot understand how as you were always able to find something that you liked. We also met a lovely lady called Hande who looked after all Thomson customers and she could not have been any nicer to us. She was very helpful in giving us information on the services and shows that were available and we cannot praise her enough for all her hard work. The resort was really nice and all staff were very friendly and this really makes a difference to your holiday.
We had a lovely room on the first floor. It was a family room and as we were 4 adults together this worked out really well as we had 2 separate sleeping areas. We were given a room on the ground floor on the day we were leaving which we had until we left and the very nice man on reception gave us this at no cost. We were only using this to have a shower before we left so it was sufficient for our needs, although I must add that if I had been allocated a room on the Ground Floor for the duration of my Holiday I would not have been very happy as they do not have a balcony and the outlook from them is not very nice. I recommend to anyone who is going to Pegasos World to request a room on the upper floors as they are much more private and have better views.
There was one drawback on this holiday - although I have to add it was nothing to do with Pegasos World - and everything to do with bad manners. Some of the guests at the hotel were very rude and bad mannered they would almost walk over the top of you in the Ambrosia Restaurant and they allowed their children to run around unsupervised and on one ocassion one of the chefs had to accompany a child back to it's seat as it had been running around on the terrace where the hot food was being prepared. Pegasos World have no control over bad manners and this is purely an observation on my part.
I would have no problem in recommending this hotel to anyone as I feel it was very good value for money.
Patricia, Anne Marie, May and Irene from Greenock and Glasgow

Room Tip: Recommend that guests request a room on the upper floors as ground floor rooms have no balcony and h...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Gravesend, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I thought I would write a review as I read so many before we went to Pegasos World that made me worried to go. I actually called Thomson to change our hotel 3 weeks before we left and then decided just to go and see what it was like. I am glad I never changed it, we had a great time however there are many areas the hotel needs to change to make it a platinum for British guests and everyone we spoke to agreed.

It is a tough hotel to review but I only write my criticisms to be constructive, we were a young couple with 2 children under 2 yrs.

The pool is great and was cleaned every night but they could clean the surrounding floor tiles as they get very slippery and dirty. Really there should be a lifeguard in every area of the pool, I agree parents should be watching their children and supervising them on the slides, but they just don't! I saw a 3/4 year old (not from Britain) allowed to go off in the pool while the parents sunbathed. Also the slides in the children's area should be supervised by staff as the children just run mad and don't realise the dangers, we saw a 3 year old nearly knocked out by someone coming down the slide on an inflatable doughnut and numerous children climbing up the slides.

British people are in the minority in this hotel and I am sorry to say the majority of the other nationalities are not as polite, most not all of them never said a please or thank you which was very annoying! The food is catering for this part of their market, if you don't mind trying new foods you will be fine but if you like your typical British food then you are unlikely to enjoy the Pegasos food, they could also do with using less oil!
My 1 1/2 year old just ate chips for the 11 days, the children's buffet was just food available from the adults buffet but with small tables and chairs.
We managed to get booked into all a la carte restaurants and enjoyed them :-)
The pancakes at breakfast were lovely and I liked the fresh bread section. To satisfy a British market, sausages, bacon, beans etc would be better than rice and milk, ham and cheese etc. They do put alot of effort into their food but I don't think they have ever researched what food the Brits would like.
The chicken kebab on the beach was lovely!

On our first day we got to the pool at 10.30am and we couldn't get a sunbed in a 'good' spot so from then on I did as everyone else did and put our towels out when we got up at 7am.

The evening entertainment is ok, but not great to be honest. The children's entertainment made us feel uncomfortable as we were the only British people there, so after 10 minutes we left.
The amphitheatre it self is great with a great set up, however the entertainment isn't great, the shows have no flow and you find yourself confused with what is going on especially with 'hotel online' I still have no idea what that was about. And a note to the hotel the music is far too loud, I know an atmosphere needs to be created but the starting theme tune is really uncomfortable to listen too and I'm sure the strobe lights should be warned to people.

The next point is the laser pens, the hotel should ban them from being sold within the complex, they are so dangerous and distracting when watching the entertainment.

Next is the drinks situation, all soft drinks are free, concentrated orange, apple, coke, sprite. But the alcohol is so disappointing, I ended up not having any alcohol on holiday. There is only local vodka, gin, brandy, white wine, red wine and beer. Anything else you need to pay for. We went 3* all inclusive 4 years ago and they had all alcohol drinks in a local form for free.

Finally the local shop is an absolute rip off, take all you can or go outside to get things you need, for example shaving foam is 6€, a small baby toy 20€, they are trying to take advantage of the guests and the distance the hotel is to shops. I know they have rent etc to pay but theres adding a bit on and then taking the mic.

Our room was cleaned every day and I loved our housekeeper Ismigel (I hope I spelt that right) she was lovely, however when we arrived we had 2bottles of water in the mini fridge and it was never refilled.
The bed was huge but very hard, we had ITV1, and MTV Hits.

The sea view isn't a sea view (I have uploaded a picture) so I would bother paying the extra.

The free wifi is great and the lobby is a nice place to sit and chill out.

In a nutshell the complex itself is a 4 star but the rooms are of a 3 star quality (the hotel are renovating 500 rooms I believe at the end of the season). The staff work hard, the food needs improvement for the British market, the entertainment needs work, and more drinks need to be available.

If your expecting to get a 4* platinum hotel for your money this isn't your hotel, go expecting a 3/4* and you will be happy.

All of the bad points can be turned around to achieve a 4* platinum (maybe even a 5* with alot of work in the future) and even with those we had a lovely holiday!

I hope this helped!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Great time. Too much dance shows for our liking with the entertainment(every other night). Dont spend a fortune on laser eye treatment before you go, the kids in ampetheatre will correct your eye sight with their lasers for nothing!! All staff are polite and friendly, particularly Hande who went out of her way to make us feel welcome. Pool is massive and will not disappoint. 6km away from from Side, but fairly easy on the bus. Trader in the big Tee shirt shop near reception will try to rip you off with euro to Lira conversion (Be carefull). Charged me 3 lira to 1 euro!! Did not realise until 2 days later. Toilets in Hotel area are immaculate, but others outside can get a little shabby. This is expected to a degree due to a full complex. Plenty of drink, but not much variety. Food is faultless. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and are going to be overhauled this winter. Faye the Thompson rep was always there and equally as helpfull.Parasailing on the beach is a must. Spectacular views of the Mountains and Side. Transfer from airport is about 1¼hrs. Dont believe the Thompson guide book of 45 mins.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Halstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Such a lovely hotel and a special mention to our fab waiter Fatih Elmas who was so kind and friendly to us all the time.
We would definately recommend this as a brilliant family hotel and the pool was amazing and staff were great and so good with the children.
Room was lovely and kept very clean
Food was very nice and lots to choose from my family especially loved the sugar bread on offer throughout the day and snacks were very easy to have and being all inclusive worked so well for us all.
Would love to come back someday
Plus the entertain staff were great also especially the main man who could speak 5 languages my son was so impressed!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is by far the best hotel i have ever stayed in. The staff,facilities and overall presentation of this hotel is second to none. Everyone we spoke to whilst there were all of the same opinion as us.The food was great,my wife is a vegetarian and she was well pleased with the options available. Met some lovely people there and will be staying in touch with them in the future.There was plenty for everyone to do from kiddies to the silver surfers with all the activities available or just chillin in the sun.The restauraunt manager Mustafa and assistant manager Nuri sought to everyones needs to ensure a great holiday was had by all.I am booking this hotel again in May 2012 and really looking forward to it.Please dont be put off by any negative comments about this hotel it is GREAT..Thanks again to all the staff for making this the best holiday ever...x

Room Tip: Ask for the sea views
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol

Location
About 6km from Side and the same from Manavgat. Thats it, Manavgat has a huge bazaar full of fake goods of every sort and even after the bartering, the deals are not brilliant. Side has some nice restuarants and bars and plenty of shops, its an historical site and has many Roman sites and a museum. The resort occupies a part of the coastline which has a good sandy beach, watersports and probably the warmest part of the Sea.... Time from airport is approx 1.5 hrs
Resort
Pegasus world isn't named that for nothing. Its large and what a pool!!! Massive and clean.
A la carte restaurants are a nice change and the food is satisfactory but not 5 star. Main buffet restaurant is excellent, theres something for everyone and beacuse theres so much choice it gives the impression that its repetitive, its not. Sure there chicken dishes, but theres also veal, beef and lots of fish. Its no different to many of the cuban/dominican resorts style. Service is very good and the managers and customer service reps are very busy in ensuring guests are comfortable. Thank you Hande and Nuri for some special attention. Drinks are in all inclusive, that is to say, local brandy,whisky,vodka,gin and beer. Imported types are very expensive, so bring a bottle in with you from the duty free. Gin and tonics are nice, rest was not for us. Beer was refreshing, but no substitute for real ale or even german pilsner. Theres the usual, spa,fitness,hairdresser,shops etc.
Entertainment
A nightly show with different themes consisting of loud music and mainly dancing. There is some music in the foyer area and in the pool bar but thats it. I thought this was a weak area, with 3000 guests when full, the resort needs more choice. The only other option would be to go into town. having said that, after a day sunning, the fatigue easily kicks in around 11, especially when its 80 degrees at 8 o'clock next morning.
Rooms
Excellent size rooms and shower areas in maisonette format. Maisonette blocks consists of several rooms and these are regularly cleaned. Unsure as to when sheets are changed, its not daily but towels are. Each room has a kettle and TV with 2 english channels (sky sports and itv), as well as english spoken news.
Overall
This was am expensive august destination, but was hot and relaxing despite its size, and met our requirements. The sun bed towel brigade is at its most obvious in a resort like this and the English are just as bad! but if you look you will find a spare one or two. Theres many many worse locations and if you have children then this is probably an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Pegasos World Hotel? Share your experiences!