“Great Experience, Great Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Palmiye

You added Club Med Palmiye to your Saves list
Club Med Palmiye
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Tekerlektepe Mevki Kemer Merkez, Kemer 07980, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Kemer
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great Experience, Great Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were at Palmiye on the last week of June. Everything was great. Honestly variety in the food buffet and their taste were very good. Food was always available. I have 2 kids, they had great time. Even without sending them to Mini Club they were able to enjoy themselves within the village. So I was able to swim and relax as well. Hospitality was excellent. Everyone was smiling and helpfull. Room service team was great the rooms were cleaned twice a day. Families with kids, I strongly recommend Club Med Palmiye.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent 8 days at Palmiye this year June-July. Last year we had tried almost everything so this year we already knew our favourite activities. For my daughter it was the flying trapeze. Last year's circus team was perfect so we didnt think it could be any better. We were so wrong. We had so much fun I had to drag my daughter to make her do something else. She could happily sleep there. Alex, the responsable was very passionate and persuasive. It was my 4th or 5th time there but I had never tried the trapeze. (I am scared of falling from heights) They made me do it and twice. And one day Alex spent at least 20 minutes with a lady who was scared of almost everything and made her do it as well. It was like a miracle. Aurore took good care of my daughter when she had a small accident and she's the star of the night shows. Matthew was very sweet and energetic, Clement is fun, cool and very sensitive. Antoine could be the kindest and sweetest person I ever met. The village who has him is really lucky because he's the whole package. The team has a special spirit, they make you comfortable and they encourage you. They never let you fail or let go. And for the shows and the demos they are everywhere. I dont thing they sleep at all because they really are everywhere at anytime. If I had to work as much as they do I guess I would fall asleep in mid-air but they were always ready to go with a smile on their faces.

The sailing team was also very good. İnan, Bora and the others were kind and helped us whenever we needed their help. I also had another first this season, I never knew what was the boat for exactly but this year(I am sorry I forgot her name) the GO working with Bora informed me so well while I was at the beach that we went twice diving with the boat which was amazing. We also learned how to scuba dive.

The rooms were clean and the lady was taking good care of my daughter's bunny while making the beds, that made my daughter really happy. We were really lucky to get a room very close to the trapeze area.

The chef de village was amazing. He was hillarious at night, very caring and professional during the day. At the shows whenever he was on the stage laughters were guaranteed. And he was really caring after my daughter's little accident. Btw she is not unhappy at all about the scar she would probably carry her whole life because she says it will remind her of this amazing holiday. And when we were back home we got a cat and named her "Listo" .

The food is really diverse and there is no way you couldnt find something you like.

The only problem was about the chaise-longues around the pool which were always reserved no matter how early it is. People put their towel or a child's toy or a magazine on them and never show up. So we had to sit at the bar and watch the empty sun beds we never had the chance to use. But the towel team's responsable was a very nice person.

The bar stuff was very quick. We never had to wait when we needed a drink. (So much better then last season)

My daughter didnt want to join the Passworld club this year but we watched them having fun especially the Pamela character was super fun.

We really enjoyed watching the shows, they were kind of short but very well prepared. We couldnt be very objective so we mostly watched Antoine and Aurore at the dance scenes. And the crazy signs were fun as usual but there were so many dances and songs that people in one week couldnt learn them all.

We can't wait to go back. And we are not totally home either. For exemple we look at the watch and say "now they are doing this or that and we are missing it" it's not fair. We are jealous of people who are there now.

But we will go back. That's a promise.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the minute we arrived at the resort till we left 7 days later, there was nothing but friendly, smiling, helpful, energetic and professional team & staff. The "chef de village", Raphy, surely is a great leader and manager as he personally tends to each and every minute detail in a visitor's stay. He and his team were interacting, helping and advising us daily. It was 7 full days of activities and fun. My daughter had a great time in the Miniclub. With the help of the GO & GM team, Wass, Thierry, Cycy, Ahmet...to name a few, we had a wonderful time. I highly recommend it.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have been at this club with some friends last month to have rest. we booked 3 months in advance and have asked for two rooms in suite or next door. when we arrived we had rooms in diferente buildings, the club was not full (we got the information), but they said it was full and that we could not change to other rooms. the responsable was very unpleasant and arrogant. it was a very bad start after several hours of travel
other aspect is the rooms size and quality - they are old and small
the food was very good
the beach has no sand but we knew it in advance
in breif, the attitude of tne club management was very bad, quite unexpected. we wrote a note to aspect for explanations, but got no answer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wow!! What a week. My second year to ClubMed Palmiye and was as impressed as last year. This year we stayed in a bungalow and the beautifully landscaped gardens made the walk to and from bungalow enjoyable. The choice of food and the constant availability and quality of food will definitely make you put a few pounds... But it's worth it :)
What really makes this place exceptional is the staff "G.O" = "Gentils Organisateurs". From The Chef de Village, RAFI, to every single GO. Talented, friendly, energetic, funny, warm, full of life, positive... You name it. RAFI made us really laugh during all the evening shows. He has it all under control and manages to be present in all shows, show up to all activities during the day and speak/chat with all the guests. Thierry, another multi-talented person who you look forward to see and talk to. Wass, incredibly warm and attentive (thank you Wass for taking so much care of the Lebanese family"). Ahmet & Florent who made all our kids fall in love with Archery - really great guys. And although our kids didn't want to spend all their time at the MiniClub or Passworld, Alban, Alix, Nora, Alex, Ben, Victor, Vanisha, Sonia would always welcome them when they joined at odd times.... It is the GOs who made all the difference. David and Mathilde - thank you for making the fitness classes so enjoyable. Trapeze team.... You too are one of a kind.
I encourage all guests to invite a GO at their table when having lunch or dinner and chat with them.... Also there are so many activities to do and entertainment around the pool area you never get bored.... You actually don't know how the day passes so quickly.
THANK YOU GOs for making our summer break an unforgettable and amazing one.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Club Med Palmiye is a very well appointed and well run holiday village. We had our first Club Med experience there and I'm afraid we have now been spoilt as the level of facilities, food and service was exceptional.

We stayed in the Villagio and were lucky ot get one of the renovated rooms (513....but don't say I told you,,,) which was well located away from the madness but still close enough to run back if required. The room was very nice with excellent air conditioning, a good sized bathroom, dressing room and vanity area - we were there so little we didn't even open the shutters....

The grounds were truely beautiful with vibrant flower beds and a lovely view of the mountain falling away to the private bay. This is a big site but it is managable and each section has its own ambience - the Villagio area is busy and this is where all the action is but if you like peace the quiet the hotel is nice and relaxing and more grown up..while we would have sold our children to be able to spend time at the Zen pool!!

Food was great with plenty of choice and of a high standard and the wine was perfectly drinkable and plentyful.

The range of included activities was wonderful and it is impossible to imagine how someone could have any complaints.

It is very well run and the GO's were excellent - we enjoyed the conversations at dinner...

I have to mention the beach party and white nights as particular highlights...thank you.

Don't hesitate - just book it you'll love it!

Somerset West, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The resort is extremely well run and maintained. It has about 800m of beach so crowding is not a problem. There is a dedicated adult swimming pool and adult only restaurant area. There are 12 tennis courts facilities for archery and table tennis. Sailing, windsurfing and snorkelling are all free. Numerous sports activities and fitness programs for all age groups are available daily. The bedroom was clean and comfortable, only problem being no plug for the basin in the bathroom. All meals were delicious and offered a large variety. 3 restaurants ensured easy access to buffet meals. Wifi was available in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Palmiye? Share your experiences!