“4yrs to 74yrs and we all had fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Palmiye

You added Club Med Palmiye to your Saves list
Club Med Palmiye
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Tekerlektepe Mevki Kemer Merkez, Kemer 07980, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Kemer
London, United Kingdom
“4yrs to 74yrs and we all had fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you are looking for a fun filled holiday where the children (5 of them aged between 4 and 14) all had a ball and wanted to go back then this place is wonderful. If you are looking for somewhere with an adults only pool and bar - top marks again. If you are looking for a wide variety of food, entertainment, exercise classes (as there is a lot of food), you want to party all night and doze in the sun all day or play any number of sports then great.

However it all comes at a price. Even considering that it is all inclusive, it is expensive. for what the 9 of us paid, we could have a brand new Golf in the driveway!

Alas like all 3 Club Med resorts I have been to, it all seems a bit shabby and tired. Yes it is a wonderful resort in terms of facilities but the rooms and bungalows (we had a mix for the 3 families) are, uncomfortable and the beds are like blocks of rock. I did not sleep well at all.

I must also add that if you do not speak french then it is a bit of a hassle too.

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful night then ask for rooms overlooking the mountains not a beach view and neare...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First impressions were fabulous, we stayed in the Villagio which I think is slightly more basic than the hotel, it was clean and functional though not overly comfortable. Facilities were amazing and sporting options brilliant, but the thing that really started to grate was the constant presence of staff photographers who desperately want to take your picture no matter how you look (straight out of the sea? not my best look!) also the foam and pool shower parties were not to my taste all a bit tacky compared to the high standards of amenities. All the staff were very enthusiastic and friendly and maybe I'm anti-social but I felt the need for them to share your meal table just a little overbearing so always ensured we never had a spare setting. I really wanted to fall in love with Club Med but sadly it didn't quite tick all the boxes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rome
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Little did we know that the suite in the hotel we stayed in faces the open air discotheque, and is directly above the open air exercise area: we hardly slept! The emcee with his booming and very irritating voice would start agitating the young ravers at around 10 pm with the music pumping on 'til 2am! We tried closing our veranda windows and put on the air-conditioning but like most hotels near the sea the a/c had a strong musty smell, and anyway we were by the sea also for the fresh air!... Having finally got to sleep in the morning we were woken up by the aerobic exercises with accompanying music directly below us. We were driven to going to the pharmacy to buy earplugs and sleeping pills. Not my idea of R&R! These activities may be desired by some, but to subject everyone is inexcusable. In this I agree with another commentator about it's Butlinesque approach were it's assumed everyone is the same. I confess this is my first time to a holiday club, and perhaps the last - maybe it's not for me: thought the staff were friendly I didn't particularly appreciate them sitting unsolicited at our lunch or dinner table to join us for their meals. We chose this club principally because of the activities for our children which they were't wildly enthusiastic about though eventually they got into the swing of it. Impressive theatre show the kids put on the last night. Again a vast amount of kids ratio to small number of staff...
Food was also impressive in it's quantity and variety though difficult to know for one of us who is allergic to meat, what new dishes could be eaten or not. My suggestion of adding a 'v' (for vegetarian) on the labels of the buffet dishes with no meat was met with the suggestion of submitting my idea to their website for consideration: my request was so simple it could have been dealt with right away rather than follow the bureaucratic channels... very annoying!
Rooms very much in need of a revamp, the walls in our suite had damp patches of bulging plaster. Highlights of our trip was the archeological museum in Antalya (though the front desk on two occasions had no street maps of the city to give us) and Phaselis archeological sight. We were glad to return home and get a full night of non chemically induced sleep!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to suit our 18 and 13 yr old daughters and 16 yr old son, whilst enjoying a week of sun and warmth before British winter set in, and this Club Med fitted the bill perfectly - apart from the appalling weather. What a different kind of week it would have been if the sun had shone and it had been dry. Even so we played lots of soggy tennis, archery and cards. We oldies learnt to salsa and after we finally discovered the Hammam, steam room and sauna were perfectly happy. Once the storm had abated flying trapeze, water ski-ing, windsurfing (better in the afternoons when there was a little wind!), sailing, snorkelling, messing around in swimming pools and the sea kept us all happy. Meals were amazing. An all-inclusive holiday including alcohol. Yes our rooms in the Villagio (buildings with 6 units on 3 floors, attractively done) were a little in need of refreshing - it was the end of the season - but Club Med seem to have the perfect answer to family holidays. The atmosphere is very bright and cheerful and despite the endless heavy rain and storms, everyone remained upbeat. Club Med look after their customers like royalty - everything is very impressively organised and well-run.

Room Tip: We much preferred being in the Villagio - 6-unit white-washed buildings on 3 floors - rather than in...
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice resort though we were there in end October towards the closing of the facility. We stayed at the Villagio in the ground floor of one of the two-story bungalows by the pine forest. The room was functionally furnished, clean and compact. Water pressure worked great. Both the restaurants at the Villagio & Hotel were very good with lots of variety in the open buffet. Definitely try just-off-the-pan crepes which are also served during snack times. As the weather wasn't very accommodating, we spent time mostly at the heated pool by the Hotel and the silent pool nearby. One great thing was never ever running out of clean towels by the pool or the seaside. Attentive and helpful staff, great to see so many locals speaking fluent french .. Classic Club Med shows at night, providing blankets to watch the open air shows at the auditorium was really a thoughtful gesture. Overall I definitely recommend this resort to the Club Med lovers- just ensure you go latest by end Sept if you really want to enjoy the sea, sun, sand as it gets nippy and wet after mid October.

Room Tip: we stayed at the bungalows @ the Villagio- heard that bungalows numbered 400s and 500s have recently...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a wonderful time visiting ClubMed Palmiye! Our first time in Turkey and our first time at a ClubMed. My wife and I went with our 3 children (8, 6, and 4) and they really enjoyed the mini-club. The kids enjoyed things like archery, trapeze, and tennis with the kids club, while my wife and I spent quality time alone together. We would meet up with the kids in the evening and then dinner alone (while kids dined with the miniclub groups) or we'd bring the kids along to eat with us. We are not usually fans of buffets, but these buffets were very well taken care of and the food was quite fantastic. Fun G.O. live shows capped each evening. Extensive activity options for adults and kids and a beautiful setting with mountains behind and the warm Mediterranean Sea in front. Bit of a long travel (about 20 hours from Denver), but worth it! We would do it again! I believe we were the only Americans at this heavily populated ClubMed.....It was kind of nice that way. Enjoyed the vibe.

Curtis and Lissy
Denver, Colorado, USA

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have just come back from a week holiday - myself, partner and 3 year old. We came last year and had such a fantastic time we booked again for this year! This is a perfect holiday for everyone. If you want to sit by a pool and relax and have cocktails all day then you can. Or, if you are sporty and always want to do something then there are lots of activities.
Our 3 year old did not settle in petit club last year. The staff were great but as he was the only English child (all the rest were French) he could not communicate and he may have just been a little young to leave him then. However, this year there were a lot more British people at the resort and as there were a few other English speaking children in his club, this helped. The petit club staff were amazing (especially Katarina!). Lots of lovely, various activities in the club and the staff were so friendly, caring and really good practitioners. (I am an Early Years teacher myself and quite particular!!)
I went wakeboarding most mornings (weather permitting!)before breakfast - all staff here friendly and encouraging.
We stayed in the Villagio in the bungalows, my little complaint is that the shower has no light and needs updating.
The food was amazing! Fantastic choice and quality. All the staff (waiters and chefs) were polite, friendly and made dining an enjoyable experience. Our evening meal was extra special as our son went to petit club 7.30-9pm so we could enjoy one meal in peace! All holiday we were thinking they needed an adult only place to eat as there were lots of children in the evening dining with their parents (more than last year). Then, on our last night Abdel showed us the adult only area in the Villagio restaurant that is a little concealed away! This is not advertised so ask where it is if you want a child free meal! The presentation of food was not as good as last year, I thought.
It was my birthday whilst I was away and the staff at the resort made me feel very special. Singing happy Birthday and having flowers and fruit in my room - thank you!
The unfortunate part of the holiday was the weather this year! We had rain and storms for 3 days, 2 days of cloud and finally on the last day the sun shone. It did not spoil the holiday, but it would have made it so much better. We may not go back next October because of the weather, but I do think the storms were unusual and not the norm.
The adult only pool and area which was being built last year but we managed to enjoy this year was amazing! It was very relaxing and a little sanctuary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Palmiye? Share your experiences!