“a need to post a report” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fantasia Hotel De Luxe

Save Saved
You added Fantasia Hotel De Luxe to your Saves list
Fantasia Hotel De Luxe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uzun Cinar Mah. Turizm Bulv. Camyuva, Kemer 07981, Turkey   |
Ranked #14 of 145 hotels in Kemer
Hawarden
“a need to post a report”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week in this hotel over the May bank Holiday and came away saying that we needed to write a report. The hotel whilst a little dated was excellent, very clean and the staff were very helpful. We were left wondering how on earth, and why, some people had moaned about it on this site. The bedroom was very large, two toilets, the beds were single but you can put them together. Some of the equipment in the large gym was a bit old but adequate. The pool area and the hotel in general was kept very clean by an army of staff. We enjoyed the food in the main restaurant and ate in the Italian restaurant twice, the Fish Restaurant and the Chinese once, all at no extra cost, we did not try the Turkish Restaurant on advice because I am a vegetarian. I actually thought that the food was better in the main restaurant than the others even though I enjoyed them because of the service. Ismail who manages the a la care restaurants was very willing to help sort my food out when the staff could not understand what I wanted. The main restaurant is self service but the waiters were more than willing to wait on if needed. You can get almost any type of Gin, Whisky, Vodka or Rum and Cocktail that you like, good quality mixers and palatable wine, the bar staff especially Ehmad were great as were all the hotel staff and provided you get out early sunbeds are obtainable. If you want English food stay in England, the Brits were in the minority which is sometimes not a bad thing. We went with Thomas Cook and at the price this is a great place to go for a week but we would not do a fortnight. Definitely 4 star hotel with 5 star service and good value for money. My only complaint was that the beds were very hard and didn't suit my back..

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, they are very scarce.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Looking at some of the negative reviews warning 'if you're English' etc. I cannot understand how our experience could be so different from theirs. We went over the Easter break, slightly out of season but we knew that (did a bit of research) and consequently the hotel only worked out at just over £20 a day each (booked flights separately) for as much food and drink, morning to night, as you could wish for. We were 5 people ranging 15 to 50's, first time to Turkey and had an absolutely fabulous time. The food was plentiful, varied and tasty. The bars and coffee areas offered more than enough variety to keep you happy. The cocktail menu was a bit on and off but it really didn't matter that much, it all added to the interest.
The staff were, on the whole, fantastic. one or two may have appeared a bit detached at times but never rude. Special mention to Fatih, pizza restaurant etc. really nice guy. There were others in the restaurants and bars who deserve a mention but I don't have their names. Suffice to say that none of the staff were ever rude or unhelpful, quite the opposite, maybe they react to how you treat them?. We met some great Turkish as well as British and Scandinavian people.
Keep an open mind, don't be put off by the extreme negative reviews, because they are not representative of the facts, (some of the recent 'photos showing broken items seem a bit staged) if you have booked, enjoy your stay, remember this is not a little piece of England, and embrace the Turkish culture.
Hope that helps, for what it's worth we are considering going back next year.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel was 5*, everything about the hotel was great. Weather, Food, Services all 5 star. my most memorable of this vacation I would say is Staff! they were the most amazing group of people that I have ever met. The front desk attandence were byond kind and friendly. I bothered them so much due to a lost luggage calling all over turkey (Thank you all for your kindness).
Recep from animation team: you rock my friend. My family are still talking about you. I wish you all the best.

we will visit this Hotel for sure...... Can not wait to go back

Whitstable, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose this hotel for our honey moon in April. We chose this hotel because the brochure stated all the things included in our stay. What a joke on arrival we were barely greeted and it was not a welcoming arrival. Shown to our room which had twin beds and no fruit basket or wine as promised for honeymooners. While this wasn't a huge problem the beds were. on complaining we were told to push them together. We had arrived in low season, only one bar open. None of the al a carte restaurants were open, slides shut. beach partially opened. Now the big thing if you are English good luck the staff treat you like crap as do the other guests mainly Russian and French. Pushing and shoving like vultures at meal times. Their was no information in English regarding activities and when I asked at reception they looked at me as if I was from another planet. (The blonde woman on reception looks like she is chewing a wasp and is bloody rude)
The food was ok but gets repetitive it got remarkably better when guests attending conferences were around. The salads and puddings were amazing but hot food was not very warm and had that left around standing taste.
This was our first time at the fantasia and will most certainly be the last. On the plus side if you leave the hotel and turn right their is an excellent tourist office who were very helpful (unlike the hotel) and we were able to book some excursions. Also if you keep walking you must visit the monte Carla restaurant the waiters more then made up for our stay and one night threw us a little wedding party to make up for our disappointment in the hotel. Also cee cees across the road from them this is run by an English woman and the food and service is fantastic.
A few tips get the bus into kemer for the market on a Tuesday you can really haggle and get fantastic bargains.
Also do not have a Turkish bath in hotel it's a complete rip off much cheaper places around.
All in all kemer is a beautiful place and we met some wonderful people. Unfortunately the hotel in low season which really should be stated in the Thomas cook brochure is mediocre. I really do wonder if this improves in high season but I very much doubt it, if they can't get it right when quite I hate to think what the hotel is like when busy.
If your Russian or French good for you, you will be treated like royalty.

• Stayed May 2012
wigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Winter concept is not to clean and offer no service!!!

Firstly let me say I have travelled for around 40 years as a child with my parents and now an adult and never have I ever had to move hotels ever especially due to lack of basic cleaning regime and very poor service.
Having booked for 3 weeks and having had an excellent experience last year at exactly the same time for almost the same price in the same region though different hotel we where looking forward to our holiday.
Things did not go to plan, firstly the lobby is ok the rooms nice and spacious (Junior Suite) if you ignore the dead fly stuck in the middle our nets from day 1 which was still there 11 days after oh and the photo of the bed after the maid had been is comical, the food is ok.
Our problems started to get worse in the common areas which are simply filthy, the tables the shelves the floor the bar all thick with dust (you can see from my photos) it gets worse the more you look though, the spa area is disgusting smells of cat urine and when I dried my feet on the floor the underside of the towel was black.(again photo attached)
The service is just awful , one bar person serving 2 separate bars during lunch the main bar and running to pizza place to serve there also, bars constantly left unattended, a manger who delivered a meal to the sole bar tender who then disappeared to eat it while the bar stood left unattended, constantly leaving the bar to make calls and answer texts, not once at the table in the main bar where we (nor did we see any other guest ) asked if we wanted a drink and rarely had empty glasses collected, the bar is filthy with dust and table stains, the ashtrays are washed in the glass washer so glasses are filthy also. The outside terrace is just thick with dust sand and cat urine, tables never cleaned nor the floor (see photos).
Inside broken tables filthy shelves and tables, unmentionable things growing in room corners all photos attached again. Entertainment, forget it you will have more fun watching a single goldfish swim around a bowl while sticking a blunt pin in your left eye or go to the spa and get an infection instead maybe?
The main pool is in sight all the time from the terrace and though in winter the pool is not used you would think the life guard who wanders around it all day doing nothing would at least fish the debris and festering rubbish from it so you did not have to sit in the sun and watch it float around all day.
Good luck letting your kids run around safe, there is an outside kitchen with no door on it you can just walk into it and it is covered in broken glass and cat excrement it is unbelievable the carnage in there all open anybody could walk through again see photos.
The gardens well kept if you ignore the building site and the overflowing industrial Bins and the animal cages especially the pigeons who live with dead birds and in thick excrement with sewage overflowing from the cage into the grass, the gas plant left wide open and earth cable left for anybody to remove or kids to play with again you can see photos.
The broken tiles the broken glasses all around the sun deck the broken stairs the random holes and check out the showers after the jackhammer had been running for few hours, the areas with no guard rails to fall down the list could go on and honestly its tragic again all photos attached.
I communicated my concerns to guest relations explaining all these details and present her with the towel from the spa and explained I stayed local for same price same time last year and this was no where near the standard we expected, she was shocked by our concerns and assured us it would change but explained this was there winter concept ??? So is your winter concept not to clean cat urine and clean spa area in general? And why does gust relations not mingle with guests ?
After our meeting conditions did not change after 36 hours later the spa still smells of cat urine and the floor still filthy the filter tip I dropped in the main bar still sits 10 days later in the same location and to top it all I enter the gents near the main bar and again no hand towels“ ,I check the cleaning log on the back of the door to discover the last entry some hours ago so I write “12.00 AGAIN NO TOWELS” and take a photo next no my watch, 30 mins latter the cleaner attends removes the timing card and fills in a new one to cover for the whole shift in advance you can see both photos again attached.
What a shocking cleaning regime at the risk of guests health. After no changes we left 9 days early for another reputable hotel we had used the previous year.

Should anybody want to ask any questions do please PM my profile.

Room Tip: you may regret it !!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hornchurch Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a lovely clean hotel with spacious rooms and public areas, we visited Fantasia as an early break at the beginning of April (1st - 11th) at the very start of the 'All Inclusive' season.
While we really enjoyed our holiday, anybody considering a similar break should be aware that much of the All Inclusive aspect is restricted until the season is under way eg No Tea and Coffee facilities in rooms, A'La Carte Restaurants and night club are not open and the animation entertainment team only operate a limited entertainment program. People with young children should also be aware that the pool slides are not open early season.
Rooms are serviced daily and the mini bar topped up, bathrobes and slippers are complimentary along with plenty of shampoos, conditioners and shower gels, there is no shortage of wardrobe and drawers and a free safe is available.
Restaurant is buffet style service, but is well catered with the food plentiful fresh and of good quality and regularly topped up (amazing selection of deserts). The waiters work extremely hard and clear plates as soon as you have finished each course. For a change try the Pizza at lunch, all cooked fresh. The terrace bar was the only bar open during our stay but the bar staff were very friendly and it wasn't a problem getting served despite being busy.
We made good friends with the animation team, unfortunately due to it being early season there was a limited entertainment program and we did not see any shows.
There is a good sized outdoor pool which was very clean, adjacent to this was a childrens pool with 3 flumes. In the hotel itself there is also an indoor pool with sauna and Turkish bath.
On the down side, we wasn't very impressed with the beach which consisted of a very fine shingle and has a number of large rocks. We were also disappointed that there was nowhere to get an ice cream within the hotel (this may change as the season moves on).
We would definitely consider returning to this hotel but not so early in the season.
Tips
Use the local buses they are a lot cheaper than Taxis. (3TL to get into Kemer)
Phone cards are a good way to call back home, a 4TL card will give you about 20mins to a UK landline. Buy these in the local shop in town as the shop in the hotel charges a big commision.
The hotel charges for WiFi, but you can use the computer for free in the business center.
Tourist market is in Kemer on a Tuesday.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I just shared a fantastic time at the Fantasia hotel.

I cannot believe the value for money, and the quality of the rooms. As you enter the hotel, which is one hour from Antalya, your breath is taken by the Majestic foyer. The rooms are a great size; ours had a balcony facing the garden square. The restaurant buffet is pretty good, fresh vegetables and fruits, about 12 hot choices every meal, endless deserts and an all-inclusive bar that blows your mind. The pools both inside and out were a great size, clean and the outdoor pool sits next to a private hotel beach and the sea.

The only negative I could give is the cost of the massages in the hotel, George the Manager charges far too much and goes for you on the first day, before you realise just how much cheaper it is everywhere else.

The excursions are all brilliant; the ancient ruins surrounding the area are brilliant, I had such a great time. Avoid the taxis outside the hotel and take the bus into town for 3 lyra as appose to around 20 in the taxi.

Avoid the hotel shop, walk outside the hotel, the closest shop is the best value and stocks loads of treats.

You get more for your money with Euro, weirdly enough they prefer it to their own money!

Hope you have a great time.

Room Tip: Avoid the taxis outside the hotel and take the bus into town for 3 lyra as appose to around 20 in th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fantasia Hotel De Luxe? Share your experiences!