“Very Upsetting” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camyuva Mah. Turizm Bulv. No. 19, Kemer 07990, Turkey   |
Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Kemer
“Very Upsetting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrived sat 10th Nov 2012 for one week all inclusive- our room was ok but no kettle provided in the room as stated- we were told it is because it's end of season! Limited drinks at the bar again told end of season! most of the place was shut down. However if you like cats they were around living on the premises in the gardens, this gave the hotel a relaxed atmosphere -all they wanted were to be fed and some enjoyed to be fussed. But to my horror one day two life guards at the hotel were catching them putting them in cages, when i asked why one said injection! and laughed but then one said we take them to the mountains, I was appalled to find they had taken a mother cat away from her babies, I can under stand that some people don't like cats and were told people had complained but hey! why don't they just castrate them to keep them under control. The life guards were too busy catching cats not to be around on the beach one day when an elderly woman was in distress! entertainment team was very good - the waitress girl who did the turkish dance was fantastic! I Would like to thank all the people who fed the cats at Fantasia. Will not be going back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St Helens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good Hotel – Could be Better

A very relaxing holiday, rooms large and well fitted with extra on-suite, bathrobes & slippers and large selection of toiletries to save on you luggage weight. Good choice of English Channel s on the TV, free mini bar with soft drinks and beer filled each day. Be careful when getting in the bath as it is a lot higher than normal and you could slip. The hotel has excellent public rooms and well kept large gardens. All staff are very pleasant and helpful in all areas of the hotel, the only downside is sometimes at the bar only one staff member is on duty and when cocktails are ordered the bar staff fall behind serving and a queue soon forms to be served.
Entertainment staff worked very hard to make your holiday a success with good shows in the evening plus outside musicians playing around the bar.
The main restaurant had a large choice of mainly local dishes with a great choice of salads and fruit.
House wine and local drinks, wide choice although non branded spirits were acceptable, beer Good.
One down side when eating in the very clean restaurant there were constant flies, our guess was they were coming from the pool area which over the 8 days we were in the hotel we did not see the area hosed down. There was no attempt to clear and organizes the sun beds back in their place with drink spillages left to dry. Beach had plenty of beds and cover, you would be advised to wear some beach shoes as getting into the water can be painful with the stony area, nice clear sea with fish happy to give you a free pedicure.
We tried three out of the four al acarte restaurants all of which were in good settings; the Chinese was by far the most disappointing out of the three with the food not recognisable as Chinese it had clearly been cooked and heated up, a definite miss.
Fish Restaurant was the best out of the three, starters were clearly prepped earlier in the day and was not fresh. The rest of the menu was ok but small potions and some had clearly been pre cooked, the excellent service made up for the short comings.
Italian was a very close second to the Chinese, the starter salad on the table when you arrived has clearly been perpped earlier and was not appetizing to look at or eat. The rest of the meal had been heated up and lacked taste or flavour. Good food cooked badly.
For a 5 star hotel it was strange to be asked to pay for internet connection at 35euro per week, they do have two computers available for guest to use FOC. If you have an I pad or similar gadget to contact home it is cheaper to buy one hour of internet use from the hotel at 3 euro per hour than pay the crazy phone cost.
Getting about is easy with the dolmus bus stops outside the hotel main gate, if you go to the local market in the resort it Is best to take the dolmus as it is a good half hour walk if you are fit.
The same bus will tale you Kemer which is more lively resort with plenty of shopping and bars etc but be aware that drinks can be very expensive in some who offer free wi fi, check the cost before you order.
Overall we had a good holiday for the cost with great weather are only down side was the collection from the airport which was arranged and paid for in advance with Shuttle Direct. After waiting for over one hour and unable to get a response from the contact numbers we were informed by airport official s that the company who were contracted to collect us had stopped trading three days prior.
As there is no contact number on the documents to speak direct to Shuttle direct we had no option but to take a taxi at great expense. I then via the internet found the telephone number for Shuttle direct only to be told that another company should have picked us up and that they would definitely collect us in 8 days for our return. Needless to say after many phone calls which cost a fortune we ended up getting a Taxi from the hotel or miss the fight home. We have contacted the company via email only to be told they are looking at our complaint but will take 28 days, we are still waiting, can definitely not recommend this outfit.

Room Tip: Garden rooms have great views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at Fantasia Hotel De Luxe in Camyuva close to Kemer for a week in the beginning of november 2012 (offseason!). The aim of the trip was to be in the sun, relax and do as lite as possible. I achivied my goals. Fantasia is a very nice hotel with a beautiful surrounding but even if the stay was nice and enjoyable there are some issues worth noticeing.

I payed extra for a seaview. This is the view I got: http://www.n0.se/v/f/8b727_dsc00540.jpg
Not really what I had hoped for.

There is a plumming issue at Fantasia. If you take a bath in the bathtube you will find that the water will remain in the bathtube for a very long time. Quite annoying. I think I read another review with the same problem but I can't find it now.

The beds are going to kill your back (soft as a pile of constructionbricks!). You will also have a problem with the AC. In off-season it's just turned off (you still really need it cause it's smoking hot indoors) and during season it will be turned off during the night (as I've been told). The rooms are nice but you will have problem to sleep.

Language was a problem from time to time. Most guests came from Germany and I speak english and german so I thought I was safe. Fantasia have a guest representative which is a nice thing. She spoke turkish and russian?! Yes, it was hard to communicate with her as it was with everybody else since turks speak... turkish. Mostly. Translations are so and so and can sometimes be rather funny. Here is one example:

You don't go to Fantasia because of the beach. You go because of the poolarea, the surrounding and since Fantasia provides good value for your money. As mentioned by others, Fantasia is not a 5 star hotel anymore but it's a good 4 star all inclusive hotel with decent food. Accually... I can't complain at all when it comes to the food. I really liked it but then... I guess that it's easy to make me happy when it comes to that part.

There are things to complain about and if you want everything to be perfect and not having to complain Fantasia is not for you. I just didn't care about any of these things. I had a lovely week. I would like to return and I can recommend Fantasia. It's not perfect but well worth the time and the money.

Entertainment: None since it was offseason.
Room: Standard and cleaned every day.
Pool: Excellent!

(I'm from Sweden but I wrote text in english to avoid translationproblems)

Room Tip: - If you don't already know... to reduce risk of problem with stomache... don't drink the wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

group of 10 booked with fresh holidays (who are highly recommended needed to cancel a room 2 weeks before going and offered full refund!!)

rooms are huge (although basement rooms are damp)

staff are excellent

food is very good in buffet, and very fussy eaters in group. al a carte are well, different.

drinks are good

grounds to hotel are plesent, picnic on tuesdays is entertaining.

entertainment really consisted on very good although repetitive dance shows but all in all very professional .

camyuva is ok for shopping, and better than kemer (which consists of 5 shops repeated humdreds of times)

market in camyuva great for bargains if you haggle hard .

all in all good time had by all.

Room Tip: market in camyuva def worth a trip
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have just spent one week at this hotel (end of Oct-beginning of Nov) I travelled with my husband and 5 year old daughter. Overall I would certainly rate this hotel and the staff highly, yes like most holidays we noticed a few bad points but nothing really major as to jeopardize our stay here. I shall start with these points-
1) The beds weren't the most comfortable as they were very firm but this may suit other people, just really not for us didn't sleep too great and we needed to ask for more pillows but reception had them sent up us right away so no problem. We were also given a twin room which may have been some mix up with the booking and we didn't complain just pushed our beds together and they brought in a separate bed for our daughter to sleep in. Was a bit of hassle at 3am when we arrived and not too impressed this was not set up prior to our arrival.
2) the air con did not work well at all- hardly cool air and we were just thankful that we stayed in Ovt and not July|!!! This could possibly just have been a fault in our room and we didn't complain so again, something could possibly have been done had we of spoken to somebody. We just opened the window and my husband complained of noise but I slept right through it.
3) being English there was a slight language barrier with some of the staff but they did really try their hardest and were polite and helpful- if somebody couldn't understand well they asked somebody else over with a smile.
4) outside pool not heated so the sea was warmer but cant really complain we did travel in a cooler month and the sea was lovely, really clear and not cold ..we spent so much time in it- just make sure you have good footwear for the beach as lots of uncomfortable pebbles underfoot!! There is some sand though if children want to use buckets and spades.

Now onto all of the things that really made our stay a happy and thoroughly enjoyable one...
1) The food was out of this world- so much choice and availability at any time during the day- I read some other reviews and cannot understand how anyone could fault the food it was full of flavour and so much choice! We especially loved the pizzeria which was open from 12-3pm every day and you could watch your pizza being made and stonebaked and was delicious.
2) The Spa was so relaxing- my husband had a turkish bath and massage and said it was amazing and just being by the indoor pool was a lovely relaxing atmosphere, there was full use of the sauna also and the showers were lush- you could set the shower head to massage and feel the water pressure over your neck and shoulders was great!
3) Our daughter loved the water slides and had so much fun on them! I kept a close eye on her but there was a lifeguard near by at all times watching. The water was out of her depth- she is a confident swimmer but there were children going down the slides with arm bands ect on too.
4) She also loved the kids club and mini disco and the animation team were lovely- so attentive and great with the children.
5) Hairdressers- I had my hair cut during my stay and it was done really well despite the language barrier, just watch out for added extras - if you use any of the extra services our advice is to agree a price and pay first as they often try and get extra money out of you. Just say firmly no extras!!!
6) cleanliness- the hotel was immaculate during the whole stay it could not have been any cleaner and we had our towels- beds changed daily.
7)Staff, some of the people were just so friendly and made a huge fuss of our little girl who loved every second!! this made our stay extra special.
8) The nightlife- we had a little one so didn't stay very late but there was so much advertised and it looked great fun!! Pity we couldn't let our hair down a little more lol

We would def go back after visiting some of the other destinations we had in mind as overall it was a lovely place to stay and we relaxed and enjoyed it all.

Room Tip: Ensure you get the room you really want before hand and I would say from talking to others that you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
worcester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Facilities at the hotel are very good, Gym, Sauna, indoor pool, bowling alley, pool tables, bars, night club, daily entertainment (volley ball, water aerobics, darts, water polo) beach, jetty with sunbeds, large pool area. There is also nightly entertainment which is more family orientated but ok.
Rooms - could be a little cleaner but ok, hairdryer, minibar, safe, TV with english channels, kettle, toiletries, robe/slippers.
Restaurants - you can pretty much eat all day, the main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner. but there are snack places outside of these times along with ice cream, cakes etc. the buffet restaurant isnt brilliant quality but it is adequate. the al a carte restaurants are excellent quality.
Drinks - international spirits available, Smirnoff Vodka etc along with local ones, cocktails, beer, wines -pretty extensive choice.
Pools/Beach - pool area very clean, beach is shingle but there is a walkway, the beds are covered to provide shade, and there is a jetty that has beds on it which is good. There is also a towel service.
There are one or two shops in the hotel, but five minute walk leads you to more supermarkets and a couple of local bars/restaurants. A 15 minute bus ride takes you to Kemer which is a huge resort (for a couple of euros)
take euros or USA dollars with you as well as Turkish Lira if you want to buy anything, they prefer it.
We (my partner and I) found all the staff to be friendly, polite and helpful. they did not favour Germans, Russians etc over English from what we saw everyone was treated the same. and I have no complaint with any member of staff. It also seems that British are no longer the minority here if that is an issue for you.
It could do with some improvements, buffett food could be slightly better and rooms could be cleaned a little more througoughly but other than that I would recomment it.

Room Tip: if you dont like your room complaint before you unpack, they moved us (tip not about the room but fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a wonderful hotel! Me and my friend just spent a week here and it's that nice we are heading back in may with friends. Food was really good, a lot of choice even if some things were out at weird times of the day! The fact the food blended to there entertainment nights too was cool, Turkish specials on Turkish night.
The entertain was high quality, African dancers, Chinese acrobats etc.
the staff were absolutely fab, they all work so hard!
The pool was beautiful and kept clean constantly, towels to use are available too.
Only downside was the beach as its stones it kills your feet however u can buy beach shoes or the jetty which is fab to relax on is easy to jump off and get out off, the water was like a bath so clear!
We got a junior suite at no extra cost and it could of slept 10 people in! The bathroom is stocked daily with rest towels, robes and slippers and an array of wash products. The pillow menu a great feature, we tried three of the six out and love the reflux one.
The town which is a few minutes walk away is surprising large and has a great choice to grab some bargains and u can get into Kemar on the local bus in around 20 minutes, although the buses are an experience,lol! Tuesdays kemers market day and def worth the bus journey.
We did a Turkish bath through Thomas cook as great value for money and I would recommend one of those to anyone so relaxing. Although u get one in all inclusive package the extras were a lot dearer. We got bath, full body massage and facial for £25.
Like I said def be back and checking prices later today. What a fab hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fantasia Hotel De Luxe? Share your experiences!