“Good value Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea Garden

You added Blue Sea Garden to your Saves list
Blue Sea Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kilicarslan Mah. Hesapci Sok. No:65 Genclik, Muratpasa, Antalya, Turkey   |
Ranked #60 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good value Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Good location

shower take times to warm up in the evenings, some of the rooms are close together and share common entrance

service very good, management and staff very efficient

breakfast was decent but not a wide variety

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I've just come home from spending 8 nights in Blue sea garden hotel. My room was about 5 meters square it had 2 single beds in it. As I was alone it was o.k. but why don't they put hooks and rails in the bathroom or behind doors? When you come home from the beach with a wet towel and cossie I don't like to hang it on the roof washing line because I have a lot of difficulty find bathing costumes and have sometimes had them stolen. (elsewhere). The main problem at the Blue sea garden is that the workers there never go anywhere else then between their living places and their working place. They don't have the slightest idea where to go for transport and their english is very limited. These men, some very young and some old, seem to work all the time so they are worn out. I found them nice and willing to help but they don't have the knowledge one would expect in hotel employees. The pool area and garden are nice BUT having the same cd's all day long every day for 8 days was too much. I gave up on reading next to the pool because of the loud music and ended up in the park. There were other guests that had told the manager about the "too much music" but he said that the younger guests like it. The breakfast is good and included in the price, I paid 20 euros per night for a single room, no balcony,no fridge, no coffee making machine or jug. The location is good and I slept well but I think that in summer it must be hell even with the AC on as you can't get a breath of air in the room. I met alot of other tourists as the Blue sea garden is in lots of guidebooks. Most people use it as a starting and leaving point and don't stay more then 2 or 3 days. One thing I didn't understand was that the lady cleaned my room and made my bed the day before I left and never before. She must have got my checking out date wrong. Generally speaking for a couple of nights its good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Antalya is an overpriced tourist trap and the Blue Sea Garden just takes advantage of this. The manager's priority is PROFIT (he runs several businesses in town), not HOSPITALITY. The garden is lovely but there was so much chlorine in the pool that the kids were reluctant to use it after day 1.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Bellingham, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Liked - location, food and pool area. Recommend the half board option for 15 TL per person. It includes a large meze buffet with the dinner meal.

Dislikes: Yilmaz, the male manager. He was a bit pompous and not really helpful. When we asked him for bus info he told us to go the bus station. (which is quite a distance away). A fellow traveler let us know that there were actually several bus company offices very close by - AND when you purchase your ticket there, they offer free pickup at their office so that we did not have to take a separate bus to get to the otogar. The manager SHOULD have known that.

He also charged us for a phone call that I made to help a fellow guest with their hotel reservations in Goreme. I asked to use his phone to help these guests get their reservations and made the phone call in front of him. He dialed it for me and spoke to the other hotel before handing the phone to me. As you may already know, most hotels in Turkey offer help setting up reservations for your next hotel. I was very unhappy to find this added to our bill when we checked out.

Also, the night before we left, we asked him if we could have a ride to the bus office the next morning (again a common service in small hotels) and he said yes. The next morning, we found that he was there, but his car wasn't so no ride.

All in all, he proved to be unhelpful and a bit of a downer for our stay there. I think he is family though, so he'll probably still be working there when you get there.

Also - be sure to ask for a room away from the breakfast/dining area. It gets a bit noisy at times.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a fine example of a cheap hotel with bright clean rooms located in the old town of Antalya.
The pool and garden are a nice extra to relax in the afternoons.

Be warned though. The male manager Who books travel and tours ripped us off with transport to goreme. Charged us 50% more than the ticket was worth AND booked us on an indirect service leaving us stranded on the roadside at 7am. We then had to find our own way 25km and two more local buses to our promised destination of Goreme.

So stay and swim but buy your travel from anyone but him :-)

• Stayed October 2010
eppiblue
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The female manager is lovely and the hotel itself is in a good location and overall is fine. However the male manager is slimey and not to be trusted. I asked for a bus ticket to be arranged from Antalya to Goreme on the 830pm night bus and was originally quotes 40TL by the female manager. However when it was time to take me to the station the transfer was late and suddenly I was now going on the 930pm bus, oh and the cost was now 45TL. Others on the same bus had paid 30TL. The bus itself was fine but annoyingly didn't go to Goreme at all as I was promised by the blue sea hotel manager, it dropped me on the outskirts of a nearby town and I had to work out
a further 2 local buses to Goreme with the helpfulness of local Turks.

So although the hotel itself is ok do not trust the male manager and do not book anything through this cheat.

• Stayed October 2010
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

It is located in the old town very close to the water. Average sized rooms, but the triple on the ground floor (the Perge Room) had a very small, and poorly laid out wet bathroom (no separate shower). Our group also had a double room which was very nice, with a good-sized bathroom.

If I stayed there again I would get rooms in the much quieter upstairs section. The best thing about the Hotel is their location and the lovely garden and pool area. The whole place is shaded with citrus trees full of softly cooing mourning doves. The meze buffet at dinner for 15TL was also a delicious good deal, plus they had a bigger selection on their breakfast buffet than most places. We ate dinner there every night.

My only complaint is that they closed the pool at 6:00 pm in order to serve dinner, which was not great for my kids who would have loved to swim in the early evening. Overall the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Blue Sea Garden? Share your experiences!