“so,so bad” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kristal Beach Hotel

You added Kristal Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Kristal Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arapsuyu Mah. Akdeniz Bulv. No:114 Konyaalti, Antalya 07070, Turkey   |
Ranked #166 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
beograd
“so,so bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

me with my boyfriand was been in this hotel.Room and toalet was been so dirty.People whos working there doesnt speak english.First morning in resturant ,for the breakfast only have eggs,bread,litlle cheese and many ants.Staff is very unfriendy!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

• Turkish first
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Just come back from this crap hotel which we stayed in for 9 days - but felt more like a month of torture. The hotel was a total dissappointment from arrival to departure. On arrival we were allocated a room which we had to find ourselves, on entering we had no electric so had to be moved to another room, all this at 3 in the morning was not very pleasant at all. Staff were not helpful or friendly. Breakfast was all turkish food - if you like bread there is plenty of that, but take your own butter! Dried milk for your coffee- thats acceptable i suppose but one morning we asked for milk and we were told 'all gone' . Evening meal was pure slop! Rooms are not cleaned till gone 4 in the afternoon - we were shipped out of our room several times at this time for the room to be cleaned - so if you like a siesta - forget it! The road out the front of the hotel reminded us of the M25 in rush hour, continuous traffic and horn barping day and night - saw several back end chunts! Nothing to do around the close proximity of the hotel had to get a bus every evening into kaleici for a decent evening meal. Hotel caters for turks only, we were the only british people staying there - we felt like we had invaded their patch. If looks could kill we would not be wrinting this review now! We did not use the hotel pool once as the turkish children from the hotel next door were in it every day 15+ of them. There was no soft pads on the sunloungers or the chairs in the bar. Turkish weddings there every weekend - so you cannot even go for a drink downstairs as they take over the whole ground floor - the noise was horrific. Been to Turkey on 5 holidays and we can honestly say that this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The list of negatives is endless I could go on forever . STAY AT THE CRISTAL BEACH HOTEL AT YOUR OWN PERIL - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This hotel is also sold as the Kristal Beach Hotel

As per my other hotel reviews here on Tripadvisor , i write my review from the standpoint of being a single male traveller, in my 40's who travelled to this hotel for a holiday.
Bought a cheap , last minute flight and then found this hotel , very cheap , on ebookers at £15 a night. My requirements are always minimal as i never take hotel food options , i prefer to eat out and taste the locally produced food. So , all i require is a nice clean room and a nice clean pool at a good price.
My experience.........
I "think" the hotel tends to overbook occasionally and when i telephoned to announce an 0200 arrival from the UK the hotel told me they had no record of my booking! I had to liase with ebookers , through whom i had booked the room, and eventually it was semi-sorted. No "proper" room was available on my arrival night and i was put into a TINY room on the first floor and the neighbouring rooms appeared to be occupied by hotel staff. I cannot say for sure , but , it appears i was put into staff accomodation. i was told at check-in though that this would only be for that first night and that i would be moved to a regular room the following morning for the duration of my following 8 days stay. After an 8 hour travelling day, including a 4hr plane journey, i was too tired to care.
The night in that 1st floor room was awful. The room was newly painted and the fumes gave me a headache. i was constantly disturbed by staff getting up for work at some ungodly hour. By the time i went to reception the following morning , you can imagine , i was NOT happy at all and was ready to explode.

Now , i am a firm believer in not blowing my top as soon as i confront hotel staff but to give them the opportunity to talk first and hear what they are going to say and do. So , i was greeted by the Hotel Manager who was EXTREMELY appologetic and embarrassed by what had happened with my booking and he promised to make it right. By that afternoon he had given me a SUPERB room on the 6th floor . A front line sea and mountain view room with a double bed. It was one of the best rooms in the hotel. So , this gave me the impression that the Hotel is prepared to go out of its' way to make things right and that they do care about their guests.

The room is just as you see in the pictures on the internet. It is spotlessly clean and an average size. I would say they are fine for singles and couples. I doubt the room would be a suitable environment for more than two people or for children. I would not describe it as family friendly.
Aircon , Cable TV , mini-fridge and hairdryer within the room. I brought my own travel kettle and used the fridge for milk, snacks and cold drinks which i purchased at the store next door.
Room had FREE WI-FI and connection never dropped.
Although the bathroom has a bath , the under sink water heater cannot cope in volume to fill a bath ,so , showers are the only option. Not a problem though.
The cleaners did a great job every day, fresh bed sheets and towells every day.

The hotel Manager spoke perfect English and so did the friendly night watchman. I do not know why other reviewers have written that they did not speak English. Both were always friendly and eager to help with any questions that I had and they reccomended local restaurants.
Breakfast and evening meals is available in the Hotel but , as i said before , i did not sample these.
There is an outside bar and the bar staff were friendly and efficient.
The swimming pool is vey large , very clean with plenty of sun loungers.

The location is SUPERB . Right frontline on Koyanaalti beach. It is a lovely walk into Antalya Old Town BUT at a 5km walk others of you might prefer to use the local buses which run every 10 minutes from outside of the hotel and cost about 1.50Lira.
5km might sound like a long way from the old town but it is not. Koyanaalti Beach is the closest beach to Antalya City and a MUCH better option than Lara Beach which is miles and miles away.

I cannot recommend this Hotel more highly (as long as you do not get put into a 1st floor room) and at this price bracket , being one of the cheapest on Koyanaalti Beach , it is an absolute bargain and the staff are fantastic.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Antalya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

if you have a problem (for example air condition, light problems ets), you tell them to repair. When you come back, they say everything is fine now and all work. Then you try again. Everything was still out of order. You tell them about that problem. No one cares. Foods are not as good as you thought.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Everything was very poor-food ,service,English language i would not recommend this hotel

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Kristal Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!