“An out of season 8 out of 10” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemeragzi Mevki Lara, Antalya 07230, Turkey   |
Ranked #52 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
england
“An out of season 8 out of 10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from a week visit and having stayed at 4 other Lara beach hotels I believe I can give a fair review.

The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The beach is superb. The hotel in predominantly occupied by German guests which doesn't bother me at all, but we didn't see one other English family all week which I know would bother some people. The pools are lovely to look at but they are so cold they would stop your heart!! It's the first hotel I've stayed in that doesn't heat the baby pool and your kids would get hypothermia if you put them in it for too long.

The rooms are very nice but very small (depending on which one you get). We had 2 sea view rooms booked, exactly the same price, one for my husband and I, with 2 kids and one for my parents. One was considerably larger than the other!! They put my family with 2 children's single beds in the very small room and yet my parents room was almost double the size with just one kingside bed in? It seems to be the luck of the draw which one you get, so request a larger room if travelling with kids.

The reason why this hotel fell short for me was:

The food - really nice during the day but virtually exactly the same for the whole week so gets repetitive. The evening food in the main restaurant was just terrible! The variety was poor and very limited! Considering the food was served from 7pm, when we arrived at 8pm there was not a chef in sight preparing the freshly cooked food as in the other hotels and the trays were virtually empty. You need to get down early to see them or you seem to be left with the scraps. Getting drinks was a nightmare and the majority of the staff were miserable. This is also the first hotel we have stayed in on Lara beach that charges for drinks between midnight and 10am?

The wifi - not even worth having, it constantly throws you off and you have to log in over and over again everytime you want to use the Internet. Once your on, the connection is so slow you give up.

As we went early in the season there wasn't any evening shows or entertainment on. The kids mini disco took place in the small bar area for 15 mins a night then nothing afterwards except music playing so it got a little boring.

I would like to make a special mention for Elçin in the mini club who did a great job keeping my son entertained during the day when it was too cold to swim the pool.

Overall it's a nice hotel that just isn't as good as the others I've stayed in. Personally, I'd be more inclined to choose another hotel when we return, but that's just my preference in comparison to my experiences in the other Lara beach hotels.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

one of the best rooms i have experinced
good staff
everything was good spacialy the beach cafe and breakfast
but the food was not good
and the inside pool and gym were so small .
i like it
design of hotel was good
and i loved our room that was at the last floor with sea view awesome !

Room Tip: best rooms are in 7th floor with sea view, land view is not good at all
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Hotel is very clean and staff very friendly. 4 star hotel not 5 star Furniture in lounges getting a bit old and need to be replaced. I have stayed in a number of hotels in Lara/Kundu and this hotel has very nice rooms compared to the other hotels, but the room are not very big but comfortable for 2 people

Food very average, no grilled or fried red meat during our stay of 8 nights, only chicken or fish or beef stews. Imported alcoholic drinks very expensive The big negative was that children take over the lounges at night. You have these young kids of 4 and 5 years old running around making a noise while you want to relaxes and enjoy the music with your drinks. Children should not be permitted in the bar lounges after 20h00.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 via mobile

Most of staff rude and nor enough staff for anoint of guests. Gala Dinner menu in German, we did no know what the dishes were. Same food at breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, out of the 4 days we were there we were only asked at 3 sittings what we wanted to drink. We went and got our own but it was supposed to be waiter service. A late breakfast was advertised from 10 to 11 but everything removed form dining room by 10.15. Most bar staff were rude and quite often got drinks wrong. Down on beach bar there were only 2 staff, one cooking and one serving drinks. The poor chef was cooking waffles, chicken, potatoes, cutting up salad and topping topping up condiments. He had one waffle machine which cooked 2 waffles at a time but the queue for waffles always had at least 12 people waiting. I personally queued for over 40 minutes for waffles. The barman was serving drinks, clearing plates and tables and emptying ashtrays which meant that at times the bar was not being manned. Asked for a plug for bathroom sink on 2nd day then waited 48 hours but they didn't have a plug to fit our sink. Did not replenish toiletries once or cups and saucers, on our second to last day our coffee, tea, sugar etc., was not topped up. Kettle handle got very hot when boiled. Room either far too hot or too cool. Even if the fan was off it was unbearably hot. No entertainment apart from a small bar downstairs with music. Charge for pool tables and bowling, €5 for pool and 15tl per person for bowling. Have never payed for pool at other 5* hotels we have stayed at.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my husband at the end of October 2014 for one week. The hotel is in Lara which is only like 15-20 mins from Antalya airport. Its on a large semi busy street which some small shops, gas stations, pharmacies and other hotel resorts. The hotel is modern with everything you need. Our room was nice, clean and modern with a large bathroom and balcony. The food was Very good and we could always fins something to eat. Since we went in late October the swimming pools were too cold to swim in at 15°C. Mostly people lounged around the pool. The weather was about 24°C so it was just perfect. The beach was also nice and the ocean was 23°C so we swam there instead of the pools. We had free internet access in our room, at the beach, in the hotel, everywhere. It wasn't super fast but not too slow either. We were satisfied and happy it was good and free. The hotel staff was okay, some more friendly than others but overall satisfied. We rented a car for 35€/day and drove around sightseeing on our own which was great. We went to Aspendos, Perge, Antayla, Belek, and Kemer. It was a very nice relaxing vacation for us as it was our first one without the kids. I really enjoyed that the hotel was so close to Antalya because it is a very nice, beautiful city with lots to see and do and shopping is great. We took a local bus there from the hotel for 1 euro. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would go there again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Well, at the beginning I was sharply against the idea of "all inclusive" type of holiday. However after we spent 6 beautiful, stunningly comfortable 6 days at this great hotel, all my prejudice towards all-inclusive accomm. units have changed. What can I ever possibly say to describe the flawless service, very special care, all units working in harmony and efficiently ... 7-8 different outdoor-pools (couldn't count them exactly, instead I preferred to enjoy the tranquility and fruit-salads there:-))), a very decent beach, super-SPA, lots of attractions and finally various food&beverage facilities along with a-la-carte restaurants...
Sincerest thanks to personnel and those who are supervising them professionally ...
Hope to see you again ...
ALPER HERGÜL

Room Tip: If affordable, corner suits overlooking the sea would be perfect. Still, it's not that important...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I totally recommend this hotrl, im.very picky..but the hotel had great rooms, spacious, clean bathroom, good room.service, great buffets..all inclusive..waw..great pool, parties great activities.. The staff are awsome..i didnt have not 1 bad comment..wosh to go there again..u can walk out the hotel to a litl market..or by bus to the mall for great turkish shopping

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fame Residence Lara & SPA? Share your experiences!