“Plane spotters would enjoy, otherwise its ok for a night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lara Hotel Antalya

You added Lara Hotel Antalya to your Saves list
Lara Hotel Antalya
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guzeloba Mah. Lara Cad. No:142 | Muratpasa, Antalya 07230, Turkey   |
Ranked #96 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Plane spotters would enjoy, otherwise its ok for a night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here on the first night of our recent tour of Turkey. This hotel is very close to a scenic waterfall, if you get to see it. We found out the waterfall was under construction. The bar at the side of the cliff on the "beach", is beyond repair.

On the contrary of other reviewers I would have to state that the staff was very nice. My fiance is from Turkey and they were very kind to us. The Turkish culture is one with a lot of pride. The tone, facial expression and choice of wording can be very important in getting things done or receiving help. One woman in our group even received free gifts from the man in the gift shop after attempting to speak Turkish. Another advice is always tip, even if it's a little bit. I'm Dutch we don't tip at all in our culture, but in Turkey hotel staff sometimes earns as low as 300 euro a month. Tips are their bread and butter.

The rooms were basic, small and looked a bit old fashion. On the other hand it was clean, had a tv with good channels, a balcony with an amazing view over the cliffs, a bay and the sea. Just those planes that go right over the hotel until quite late at night. The doors block the sound for some part, but still it's quite noticeable. The experience of having a 737 coming right towards you is something of a novelty and will stay with you forever.

For a night this hotel is ok, although I wouldn't stay there for long.... Great hotel to start or end a tour at, not for staying weeks on end.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

just got back in september, this was our worst experence in turkey the hotel was ok but never met so many miserable staff the maids were friendly but waiters and reception were terrible food was average but hot food was just warm very noisy at night as there was 3 wedding parties on in the week we were there would not reccomend it

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Have just returned and having read previous reviews I have to agree with a lot which has been written. Yes planes coming in to land or taking off every few minutes, even throughout the night.So very very noisy!. Staff very unfriendly, non smiling, miserable and unhelpful when asking about buses into Antalya, excursions etc. Food ok ish but wouldn't say great or typically turkish. The waiters were pleasant and very efficient.Balcony very narrow only will take garden chair.Had 3 weddings in the 7 days we were there and had music blasting out out all night until 12 pm. It is far from a relaxing hotel, if you want peace and quiet this is definitely not a hotel to go to.

Room Tip: We had room 406 and we were very pleased with this room.
Lee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Just got back a couple of days ago. I booked this hotel by mistake as I thought Lara Hotel and Lara Beach Hotel are the same hotel. I was so upset after reading all the reviews (there was no way to cancel or amend my booking) and for the first time in my life I did not looked forward to go for my holiday... Horibble feeling... When I arrived I was veeeerrrrrryy surprised...
I need to say many of the reviews are so exaggerated. Hello, people... why do you expect 5 star standard if the hotel is 3 star??? In my opinion it definitely deservs to be 3 stars hotel. There is a few areas to improve but in general I would recommend this hotel. However this is better option for people who want to spend their holiday not just only next to the pool (eating and doing nothing). Lara is such a beautiful area, there is so many places to see and visit, a lot of things to do. So everything depends on what you want to do. I would say hotel is not for British people (no british breakfast served, no silly entertainments) - but come on people... you do not need to eat sausages and baked beans on toast wherever you go. Try local food, feel local culture. I think this is the point of going somewhere...
Back to the hotel... - very clean, beautiful view from the balcony, nice pool (cleaned once a day) - and remember 3 star does not mean 5 star!!!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

we arrived at the hotel on the 15th July 2011. Due to flight times we didn't get to the hotel till just after midnight, Having missed dinner and too early for breakfast we were hoping for some refreshments on arrival without luck. With our 3 hungry kids we decided to order food from the hotel bar which took over an hour to arrive. None of the staff spoke english as the hotel seems to cater mainly for russian and local tourists. There was a foul smell from our rooms which we were told was a problem in a lot of the rooms by a member of staff, the only remedy offered was to spray a harsh airfreshner everyday which we had to ask for from reception whenever we wanted to use it. Food was bland and pretty much the same every day, Entertainment was non existant. Not good with 3 bored kids at night. I dont mind some local culture but when there is a Turkish wedding 5 nights out of 7 in the hotel and u have to clear the pool early so as the staff can start preparing for it it gets really annoying. we were shunted into a corner of the hotel grounds every night to make way for the weddings. Very poor would never go back. Trust me I don't normally complain but this was really sub standard. 2 star at the best.
A.Sadiq Bearsden Glasgow

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Just got back from this place and i must say that this is one of the worst places i have ever stayed.
Me and my wife stayed for 1 week on Half Board and i only wish we stayed at another hotel.
Where to start.........
Food the same every day, Wedding parties until midnight under your room which mean there is no way you can relax or sleep in your room. Also due to these parties, guest are not allowed to enjoy the pool area or eat outside after 7pm. Hotel under the flight path to the airport which means planes flying over the hotel very low every few mins. 2 pages of rules such as no drinks from outside (even the drinks the hotel do not stock) and do not adjust the air con in your room (on fan mode so not even air con really) Hotel in real need of repairs such as slippy/dirty steps to enter the water from the beach, No hotel entertainment at all, hotel staff not helpful at all, the list goes on and on.
The only good bit is the view of the sea from the rooms, and the room was cleaned each day. Antalya the city was a wonderful place but this hotel needs to decide if its a wedding hall or a hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

a very beautiful hotel, very clean, lovely staff and wonderful entertainment team, right on the beach, food was excellent and so much to choose from. My only upset was there was wet on the hotel step with no wet signs and my lady i look after slipped badly and ended up in hospital, the dripping continued on the step and it was so dangerous.

Room Tip: 2102 was my room and it was fantastic
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lara Hotel Antalya? Share your experiences!