“The best hotel ever visited, the staff were amazing and the service was faultless! Perfect holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delphin Palace Hotel

10% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We arrived at the Delphin Palace on 25th June for 2 weeks with our 3 year old daughter. Upon arrival we were allocated a standard room (landview that we had paid for). The room was slightly small for a family, despite having a double bed, single bed and chaise longue so we asked the front office manager, Yusef, for a larger room. He obliged immediately and we were given a fantastic room with an ensuite, jacuzzi and large balcony. This was the start of the amazing service we received throughout our stay. The hotel had so much to offer everyone...kids club ran by Gamze. She was a true professional and her and her team worked so hard to ensure the kids had a great holiday. So much for the children to do from 10am through to 5pm followed by the mini disco in the evening. Face painting, gala show, dressing up, T shirt making, necklace making, the list was endless. Our daughter loved the mini disco. There was a relax pool for adults, a kids pool and the main pool, not to mention an incredible spa with an indoor pool. We spent most of our time by the main pool. There was an abundance of carts serving drinks, watermelon, fresh cucumber etc. The staff by the pool were so charming and nothing was too much for them. In particular Sinasi Ok. The animation team were great and always planning activities for anyone who wanted to participate. They, too were very child friendly and always paid attention to our daughter. The beach was great with a stunning pier with sun loungers and a bar, for those who wanted some peace and quiet. There were private huts/canopies around the pool and on the beach. In order to get one of these, you had to reserve it by 8.30am. The cleanliness of the hotel throughout was immaculate. The staff never stopped. Everywhere you looked someone was cleaning - the pool area, toilets, sunloungers. We booked a photo session from the hotel's photography team and weren't expecting much from the pictures. I have to say they are some of the best photos we've ever had taken. (even better than our wedding pictures). We bought an album, canvas and disc from them. Finally the food and beverage offering......both myself and my husband have extremely high expectations of this (I work in a 5 star hotel in England and did not expect the standard that we offer). HOWEVER!!! It blew us away! The selection, volume and quality of food in the buffet restaurant was exceptional. Despite being really busy, you were acknowledged by the staff as soon as you entered and allocated a table. The restaurant Manager, Yilmaz Limoncu was exceptionally charming and attentive. The waiters did not stop and you didn't have to wait to get a drink or have your plates cleared. The a la carte restaurants were equally as good, offering a choice of turkish, french, fish, chinese, italian, japanese. You could eat in these as many times as you wanted. The all inclusive offering was unlimited and not restricted in any way. We would recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely be revisiting next year. 1st class all round!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We have just got back from the Delphin, we stayed for 10 days June 26th-July 6th.It was our first time to Turkey. I went with my husband two children aged 4 and 1 and my brother, sister in law and two children aged 3 and 1.
The Hotel is just perfect for families, our little ones honestly never had a dull moment and neither did we. The staff are so friendly and service is constant plus they pay alot of attention to the children. We would set up round the pools, there are 5 to pick from including an indoor pool and staff constantly keep you supplied with refreshments and food carts come by regular with fresh fruit, veg and hot food. The beach is superb with the same high level of service.
Weather was beautiful, hot, most days it was 38c, so we would probably go no later than end of June as the last two nights were quite intense 28c at 11.30pm.
Food at the Delphin is such high standard, in the day you keep finding these new little places cooking amazing little snacks and there is something for everyone. We paid for the a la carte and thought the Turkish and Japenese Restaurants were extra special, french restaurant cooked frogs legs which were wondeful. Having paid for a la carte, the next time we go, which we plan to go back next year, we'd skip paying for the restaurants as the main dining area is such good food and constantly varied, that the night we booked the restaurants we couldn't help think we was missing out.
Rooms are kept very clean and were so comfortable, but to be honest that didn't bother any of us as we were in them for such little time.
I just would recommend this holiday to anyone, who wants abit of luxury. Can't wait for next year

South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Well what can I say,,,,,
We were a family of Four travelling via Thomas Cook,,
Firstly we were informed from Thomas Cook that building work was being carried out on plot of land adjacent to the Delphin Palace, this we knew about back in February and when we confronted Thomas Cook we were told No building work until it came to 8 days before our holiday we got a letter informing us of the work,, we were furious and spent 4 days with anxiety looking for other accommodation but we couldn't find any suitable, We then talked about getting a refund,,, but so glad we decided to go for it and play it by ear...
The anxiety from the airport was intense even when we pulled outside the hotel,, the building work was on the very large scale but there was a plot of land between, though if you were staying at the Delphin Diva then this hotel was definately overpowered by the building work....
Now the Hotel...DEPLPHIN PALACE....
On arrival we were the only family to get of our coach and along with us and persons on the coach in chorus the word WOW from all...
WOW was used by my family and I when inside the hotel,, outstanding..
We were giving a room on the 4th floor which overlooked the main entrance to the hotel. This is where there is a large seated area and where a smoking zone is, thus on my first foot into the room it had a strong smell of stale smoke, (I believe the seating area below was to blame.. and with being a non-smoker family it was noticable immediately. The bell boy put the cases in the room and I followed him straight back down the lifts to reception to complain as my partner has an oxygen machine and this room would definately be unsuitable,, this was not a problem to the staff they were amazing and very professional and very understanding. This led to us being transferred to another room same floor but away from the 1st room and this room was an upgrade to a jacuzzi suite which was huge,, we were very lucky..
It did rain on our 1st day which gave us the opportunity to get the feel of the hotel itself.
After the 1st day in the sun we found an area where we settled for the rest of the holiday.
There was enough sunbeds to go round for all, I never seen anyone stuck for one,,,,
The Animation staff were excellent and done really well and bringing everyone together, they didn't pester if you said No then they did very well to respect you...
Food was outstanding,, different food everyday with lots of choice, 7 al a cart to choose from, at anytime NO extra cost, you book the day before and this can be done in the main foyer, simple to do.
There was food for all at anytime, even room service after midnight free..
No restrictions on drinks always served with a smile...
Drink carts come around the pool and food carts,, even a man that comes to clean your sunglasses,,
No restrictions on the hotel pool slides, which other hotels have,,
We didnt spend a penny,, everything was included, safe, air conditioning, mini fridge in room, everything.
You can opt to pay for professional photos to be taken but we opted out as I had a bit of a disagreement with one of them very rude man... who out of all the staff well over 100 just the one wasn't bad.
Lara Beach is still an up and coming area there is building work in areas even building footpaths,,, on the opposite side of the hotels on the strip. All hotels on the strip are 5 star and within walking distance of each other.
Very Clean, the housemaids cleaned thoroughly very pleased..
Everyone we spoke to had been previously multiply of times, after spending a week there I now understand why,, it can be an expensive hotel to stay at but with all the little extras that don't cost you, it is worth every penny..
So if you are ready to go,,, ENJOY, you will have a blast.
If you need to ask me anything just ask
Special thanks to Bryan, Judith and little Isobel, also Kev, Tracey and little Sophia who we met and made the holiday that extra special.

Room Tip: If you aren't happy then ask. Although we looked at all the rooms and all were not far of the sa...
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

My wife, two friends and I, all in early 50's, have just spent a superb 10 days at the Delphin Palace, and had a great time. The four of us visited the Delphin Palace in 2007 and I stated we would return.
We went to Dom Rep. last year and were 'rained off' for about 8 of the 14 days so wanted somewhere we could 'trust'. We were not disapointed.
In the four years since our last visit the hotel now offers even more 24/7 food, drink etc.
I'm not going to go into all the wonderful attributes of the hotel I'm sure you have read in other reviews. I will just agree with the vast majority of them.
I have read, in other reviews, a couple of detrimental issues, namely the rooms. I would agree I have been in a number of other 'holiday' type hotels which provide bigger, slightly more modern rooms, this however was not a problem. The rooms were very clean and more than adequate for 2/3 people. My wife, who can be very decerning, when being shown to our holiday room, was more than happy.
I would say the main attribute of the hotel are the staff, who appear to work very hard to ensure you have a super stay. Note re a couple of other reviews, we didn't have any problems re lack of English speaking staff.

Just a couple of issues one re the hotel and one re Thomas Cook, who we travelled with.

First Thomas Cook - the holiday was booked in about January/February 2011. Next door to the Delphin Palace, some distance away I hasten to add, the Delphin Group are building the Delphin Imperial Hotel, looks like it will be absolutley superb. The hotel has been being built for about 18 months to 2 years. One week before we were due to go on holiday we received a message on the answer machine to call Thomas Cook urgently. As it was a Bank holiday it was two days before we could make contact with them. On speaking to a Thomas Cook representative they informed us that our holiday may be affected by building works but couldn't provide any additional details. They provided us with 3 options, keep the holiday as planned, cancel our holiday with full refund or look for an alternative holiday. When asked why we were being told about this only a week before our holiday we were informed they had only just become aware of the issue. This caused the four of us some concerns and we looked for other accomodation etc. Trip advisor came to the 'rescue'. I contacted a couple of people who had entered reviews re the Delphin Palace. One quickly responded and put my mind at ease that the building works had not caused them any problems, they did however state they also had received a call a week before they were due to go on holiday( from Thomas Cook) to advise re the building works, they had gone about 6 weeks before we were due to go. I would say this is not acceptable from Thomas Cook seems to be some confusion or lies on their part.
For anyone going to the Delphin I can only stress if you get such a call from Thomas Cook re the building works don't worry - the Imperial is some distance away and didn't cause us any issues. We spent most of the week by the 'quiet' pool, which is the nearest pool to the building works and rarely heard any noise etc.
The only issue I have for the hotel to consider is facilities for late departures. The hotel appears to be fully booked up most of the time at this time of year, so you are not able to 'keep' your room on. You can only ask at reception to keep your room on, on the day of departure. Now it appears a lot of British flights are late evening or night flights. We had a night flight. We fully understood the hotel could not allow us to keep our room, as other people were wanting to move in. However they offered little to allow us to change etc. No courtesy rooms are available. the only area they could offer were a couple of showers by the indoor pool. These showers are mixed and there was no door on the entry to the showers so anyone passing could see everything you were doing, not ideal when you are preparing to go home. It took some time and a very helpful lady in Customer Relations for us to arrange to shower and change in the Spa area. Whilst this was not ideal it was better than had previously been offered. A hotel of this size and 'standing' should be offering their customers more.

The above being said re leaving facilities, would I return, recommend to others - Yes I would. We all had a very relaxed stay, certainly over eating with all the food on offer.

If you are going - lucky you. If your thinking about going book - I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel, and was fantastic and look forward to going back again soon.

Myself, partner and twin girls aged 3 had a great holiday, plenty to do for all. The staff are amazing anything you ask for you get. The food was delicious even for fussy eaters. I would definatley reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be up early if you want a beach hut bt the main pl
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel is very expensive (UAI) but offers great relaxation and services.

Staff, services, food, beverages, beach, pools, a-la-carte restaurants etc are excellent.
Its very suitable for families with children.

Highly recommended !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Me and my partner stayed at the Delphin Palace in Antayla and without a doubt from the first moment we arrived, we knew we were going to have a lovely stay. The hotel is beautiful and all of the staff even the maids and cleaners around the pool were cheerful and friendly. None of the staff pestured you if you did not want to join in any games or other activities. The hotel was clean. The animation team was good, and funny. The food was to die for, anything and everything for anyone's needs. Everynight there was more than one thing to do, there was cinema, bowling, entertainment at the arena, nightclub, live music, etc. I can not express how truely amazing Delphin Palace is. One thing I would advise is if you are planning to go, do not book your holiday or any holiday with Right Holidays because they are not right.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Delphin Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!