“Good hotel, bad bad staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Titanic Beach Lara Hotel

Save Saved
You added Titanic Beach Lara Hotel to your Saves list
Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kopak Cayi Mevkii Lara, Antalya 07230, Turkey (Formerly Titanic DeLuxe Beach & Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #14 of 225 hotels in Antalya
Arad, Romania
“Good hotel, bad bad staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We staid at this hotel for one week in our honeymoon. Our first impression was very good, we were really impressed by the hotel. The room was really nice decorated for our honeymoon with flowers in the bed, we received champagne and fruits and we had a spectacular sea view. The air conditioner was a blessing because the temperature during the day often passes 40 degrees. The towels and bed sheets were changed every day, and the minibar is free and refiled every day.
The thing that shocked us the most was the indifference of the hotel staff. They have a really cold and with bad attitude.
The food is good, lots of variety to choose from, but the same every day. If you don't want to fatten there is also the diet buffet, the fruits are great especially the cherries. There are lots of cookies for desert to choose from, and also ice cream witch is really delicious.
The staff in the main restaurant are insufficient and very ignorant with few exceptions. There is a lady that serves coffee in the morning, but she is doing her best to avoid everyone who wants one. The lady that serves ice cream looks like her cat died, every morning. If you thank her when she gives you ice cream she don't even bother to answer you. At the hotel bars it takes a lot of time to get a drink, and the bartenders and waitress are acting like they do you a favor.
The pools look really nice and clean, but we went mostly at the sea. The spa looks nice in the pictures, but it's kind of old when you get there. In the first place we were excited about the jacuzzi. We went there for just one time because the water is freezing. I would not recommend you to go there.There is a great alley with gorgeous palm trees that look spectacular at night when they are lightened.
The beach is big and clean but kind of rocky.
This is a family hotel, there are lots and lots of very noisy and annoying kids. This is an aspect that we did not consider when we choose this hotel.
There are lots of stray cats at this hotel. I think they are cute, but others were really disturbed by their presence. Sometimes they manage to get in the main restaurant so if you don't like cats or you are allergic this is an aspect you should consider.
The wireless is NOT free, they charge you with 3 euros/hour.
I consider that we payed too much for this hotel, we won't come back here very soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

957 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

we just returned from our week vacation in Titanic Hotel...
its a great hotel... the service is good... the people are nice
the food is delicious and various...

don't miss the night activities the circus , the magic shows , the dance ....
the good thing about it is that everything is close to you... the seashore the gym the restaurants ... you don't have to walk for so long ...

only 2 things annoyed me a bit... first the wireless connection too slow and u have to pay for it , second the elevators there are 5 elevators but in rush eating hours you would spend sometime to take them... so we mostly used the stairs ....

Enjoy Your Stay ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TitanicDeluxe, General Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Giovanna277,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Titanic Beach Resort Hotel. I'm pleased to hear that your vacation was "perfect". We are thrilled to have you with us and hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can serve you many more times in the future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Good for the kids but accomodation rubbish if you want to have a back ache stay at this hotel so called 5star hotel I would rate this hotel 3 star. Terrible service,under age staff,not experienced.even if they paid me to stay there I wouldn't .

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel if you want to see a doctor when you come back home
Dear Sajid P,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. We are rated as a 5-star property on many websites based on their subjective opinion of our hotel. We are honored to have that rating and wish that you would have experienced this type of stay for yourself.

We realize you have many hotel choices when visiting Antalya. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Should you change your mind and wish to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Titanic. I did email before we arrived to ask if we could have 2 sea view rooms connecting or next to each other (as we had 3 teenagers with us). I also explained I had mobility problems. We arrived, got connecting rooms & sea view as requested but I didn't request a walk in shower as I have problems getting in & out of the bath which had the shower over. After a couple of days struggling, I went to guest relations to see if there were any rooms with walk in showers. Demit & Annetta from GR were absolutley wonderful. They didn't have any rooms available with walk in showers & next to each other but asked if we could manage for another few days & they would sort something out for us. Demit arranged for a suite on the second floor right at the front of the hotel with 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and a huge lounge area & great views from the balconies. Thanks Demit you made our holiday so perfect, we even had a table reserved for us in the Dining Room as I didn't have to walk very far. Adem our waiter was very helpful. The food was good, lots to choose from, steak, lamb, fish pasta, anyone would find something they liked. The fruit was fantastic & the desserts were very nice (tried to stay away from them though). The hotel is spotless, the gardens were lovely. We stayed by the large pool where all the pool games take place. The kids loved the games & the animation team were great fun, special thanks to Sergyan for all the fun they had. Even the lady Nihal who comes round the pool to see if anyone wants to book into the Spa was so lovely & would always have a little chat. Can't really say about the drinks, as we like wine so I stuck to sparking wine which was fine. We have stayed at a lot of the hotels along Lara & they have little differences. Bulent on reception was great and provided a late check out room with a walk in shower. What did stand out to me was the way the staff Reception, Guest Relations, Waiters in dining area & bars were friendly, helpful & wanted to make our holiday special without going over the top and the Titanic certainly did just that. Thank you all for a great holiday, look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: email the hotel before departure to request the sort of room you would require
Dear Qualityhols,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Titanic Beach Resort Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are honored to have been able to serve you and are happy that you feel the way you do about our hotel and the service of our associates. We sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the excellent customer service and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your experience exceeds your expectations.

Thank you for your time, and for recognizing our mission to provide the best service and pampering experience to each of our guests. I will share your kind words with my Guest Relations Manager Demet and her assistant Anetta, Adem from the main restaurant, Serkan from the entertainment team, Nihal from the SPA Center and Bulent from the Front Office team, we are so grateful for your support!

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Titanic Beach Resort Hotel in the very near future.

Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Titanic Resort with my family on July 2012. One thing that really makes the Titanic a good hotel is that the distance between the airport and the hotel is very short and takes around 10-15 minutes. The outside of the hotel looks very nice and the inside resembles a boat. Our room was average like any other hotel but the view from our balcony was spectacular! There was also a minibar in the room but in wasn’t restocked throughout our stay. The beds met our needs but they could be a little more comfortable. The TV channels were ok because we speak/understand 3 languages but for other non-Turkish/German/Russian speaking guests, I think that the hotel needs more English TV channels. The washroom was good but I thought that the shower could be a little bigger.

The staff in general was very friendly except for some grumpy bartenders. We went to the main bar (under the amphitheater) and asked for 2 slushies and the bartender refused to give them. A couple seconds ago, we saw a foreign lady ask and successfully get around 10 slushies, but in the end she gave a generous tip to the guy. When we asked again, the man said they ran out and the second time we asked the man said they’re not ready and the third and last time we asked we told him that we’re going to complain to his manager and we got our drinks. The food was ok, nothing too fancy and it got a little repetitive and kind of boring. The salads were pretty good because there were a lot of different dressings, there were also lots of different choices for bread but other than that the food was pretty similar. The atmosphere of the main restaurant was like a factory, there were people everywhere, pushing each other to get food and there were giant lines. Sometimes the servers didn’t pay much attention to us because they were so busy and we had to wait around 10-15 minutes to get 3 glasses of water! Also sometimes food from lunch was reused at dinner and soup from lunch and dinner was reused at breakfast.

Getting sun beds throughout the day is very hard so we had to get up at around 7 am to reserve three sun beds. Finding sun beds at the beach/sea wasn’t a problem because the hotel as more than enough. One of our biggest problems were the elevators. In my opinion, if you could manage to squeeze yourself in an elevator with 10 people, you’re very lucky. There weren’t enough elevators for all of the hotel’s guests which was a big pain because sometimes we had to wait between 5-10 minutes to catch a 30 second elevator ride! Also, one elevator was always out of service and there were too many kids (alone in the elevator without their parents) pressing all of the floors buttons and delaying everything. Also the hotel shops were really expensive and in my opinion overpriced. If you really want to buy souvenirs, my advice for you is to walk 10 minutes to the shopping mall near the hotel and save more than 50% on souvenirs.

The pools and slides were very nice and because one pool was very big, everyone was evenly spread out throughout the pool. The lines for the slides weren’t very long and I only waited around 10 seconds until my turn. The family pool games were also very fun and we got to participate in one that got all of us very wet! The sea wasn’t very crowded in the morning and it was pretty clean but at around 5-6 pm there was more people and it was dirty around the shallow areas. The shows in the amphitheater were ok; we saw the Titanic Musical and the hotel’s entertainment team is average.

Room Tip: Good rooms are with room numbers ending with 03- 35 because they have a nice sea view!
Essex england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have just returned from a 10 day stay here. The hotel was kept lovely and clean no faults there. I had to set my alarm for 6am every morning so i could go and reserve a bed as i figured out on the first day going down to the pool around 9am there was not 1 bed free.!!! i wanted a chilled holiday and i had to get up earlier than i do in the uk for work to reserve beds.... The food was the same nearly every night . The breakfast is not really catered for the english ive never eaten so many pancakes in my life. It is like a one for all at dinner time worse than a school dinner hall.
The lifts are very annoying people just bundle in when you have been waiting for at least a couple of minutes, which result in us waiting another few minutes.

The entertainment was fantastic for all ages !!!
The weather was so HOT and the air con was a blessing in the rooms.
We would 100% come back to lara beach but may be a different hotel.

Room Tip: A low floor as lifts are packed
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TitanicDeluxe, General Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for booking with us and posting your review regarding your stay. Your comments have been shared with our management team and our staff to continue striving toward service excellence. We make every effort to ensure that our quality of food and selection exceeds the expectations of our guests and I am sorry to hear that did not find what you were looking for.

We hope that you will return to visit us again as we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have just returned from a couple of weeks at the titanic. Although this is listed as a 5 star , I would say its a 4 star. When we first arrived there had been a mix up with our rooms but the hotel upgraded as to a lovely junior suite so that was fantastic! Great for the kids with lots of things to do. Great entertainment. Although this is all inclusive..things open up at different times throughout the day. The downside I would say is that there needs to be a proper cocktail list. I had one piña colada which was awful. My friend and I were struggling to find a drink we liked so landed drinking shandies! You have pay for the wifi which is not that cheap and does not always work. I landed getting 3 free wifi days as I went to reception to complain. My son had a nasty accident coming down one of the slides. He landed being rushed to hospital but was eventually allowed back into play after a few days with a swimming cap on. It's very slippy around the pool with the slides. We would defiantly go back though as it was a great place.

Room Tip: We were on the 4 th floor with a sea view which was fab. If you would want a quieter room for the e...
Dear Nicky F,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Titanic Beach Resort Hotel, including the room and all the amenities we have to offer. I am, however, disappointed to hear that you struggled in finding drinks due to the missing cocktail menu. Please be aware that your comments have been duly noted and shared with our Food & Beverage Manager. We are grateful for all the feedback provided and we value your views as the greatest tool to consistently improve our service standards and meet guest expectations.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to in the near future.

Gokhan Ozbatir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antalya
Free Breakfast...
Rixos Downtown Antalya
Rixos Downtown Antalya
#18 of 225 in Antalya
4.5 of 5 stars 411 reviews

Been to Titanic Beach Lara Hotel? Share your experiences!