“Nice and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
tehran
“Nice and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is very nice if you want a relaxed break and not crowded place. The big pluses are quality of the housekeeping services. Good extra services to junior suite customers. Food is somewhat average but not so big crowd or long cues in many other hotels. Biggest disadvantage is poor Evening Entertainment which is a pity because the city is quite far away to search for options. The service quality in the restaurants is variable, the hotel should work to train everyone with some basic rules to avoid surprising guests. Overall is a nice place and no regrets for choosing but is not a place you want to go again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

i had the best time in my life , the hotel is nice and the pool and also the beach , and their service is good ..but the important thing u never know what will happen..i met the most beautiful girl in my life , and ive never knew that i will fall in love with her..so i advice you all to go and u might meet ur future wife/husband lol :D and there are some russians are so annoying, but it doesnt matter..
anyways we had a good time at the pool , the beach, and at the club! their drinks are great , so is their food! so u should go there!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We spend a week in this hotel
Though i am not a fan of a "beach leasure" kind of trips but this time i had a great time- it was a lot of amenities and absolutely free. Fresh beach towels, security, safes in the room.
And the thing of a big importance- food we had a meal four times a day, besides we had a free snack bar, ice-creams and desserts bar, "Gezlime" -the Turkish national pancakes.
So we could eat and drink all day long.
Nice and neat rooms, service is good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Mashad, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

its a nice,big,fascinating hotel.I was there with my spouse and we had a great time over there.The verity and quality of food was great.The pool bar was awesome.Its a big hotel with 7 bar which is located in any area which makes u to enjoy of your drink every where.The beach was clean,The room was old fashion but big and clean,you will have calm sleep on it.its worth in compare of what you pay.you can sit every where and enjoy of your day in any green corner of hotel.Its almost occupied by Russians.I didn't found anything really bad at this hotel.so you can try it.The staff is polite and they try to enjoy you by their program day and night,I loved the night show.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were here in Aug 2003. Since that nothing changed - my friend came and said the same:

Pro:
+ Spacy rooms
+ Big pools

Contra:
- VERY, VERY, VERY BAD service.
1) As we came by 4p.m., we waited for check-in for about 4 HOURS (sic!) - reason: room, that was for us, isn't tidied up... After 4 hours we came, but... it wasn't tidy as well
2) Restaurant: No service as well and enomous queues! Everywhere - for pancakes, for cola, for Italian food in a Restaurant "A la carte"! That's just like in Soviet Union. But here that's not free - you must pay for that about $6.000/a person for 2 weeks.

- Here is much worser: In a safe I had about $3,000 cash. Once upon a time I come in my room and there is a SECURITY GUARD inside, standing in front of the opened safe. Just in one moment he runs away like a hare through the door to the neighboor room. Hopefully, he didn't manage to steal anything.
That was the only hotel, where something like this could be done!

==================
It is the WORST hotel I've ever seen.

• Stayed August 2009
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

not once i stumbled upon hotel-reviews that mention rude Russians. haha! i have to tell, that rudeness has no race or citizenship. i tend to think there are places that more or less attract rude people. so, Venezia Palace is one of such places.
i second ajevic's review in most part of it, especially on the lack of staff and on hygiene problems of this very hotel, but i disagree with him upon prevail of Russians, i think it depends on the season mostly, because when we visited hotel, Russians were the minority here, and as for manners - i was impressed. i was sure Europeans are more civilized. haha! i was so disappointed when i found out that Germans are so bad mannered. They were disturbing everywhere, at the restos, on the beach, around the pools... loudly speaking, littering the floors and the sand on the beach they outdone Russians in that for sure. not to mention the resto conflicts!
So, if you want to escape Russians, you better stay in this hotel on the middle of September, but anyway, you won't escape a huge disappointment with this hotel. it is not even 4* by no means, but it pretends it's 5*.
And yes, À la carte in Ottoman is terrifying, when we understood we are still able to catch the late dinner in Bellini, we were running as fast as we only could in a fear of going to bed hungry - don't make our mistake, it is not worth trying to book a table there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had to stay here one night, because we were double booking victims for Diva Premiere Hotel. So this won’t be truly objective review, since we never wanted to be in this hotel. Lobby simply looks out dated, like it is trapped in time and beside fact that I don’t like styling and theme is simply fails to impress. I was there with two kids (2, 3 yrs) and they asked me are we in church? Anyway, for romantic couples this could be nice getaway.

Rooms are really nice, clean, spacious and there are no objections. Actually I was more than a pleasantly surprised after I saw lobby. Rooms are in separate building, which I don’t like but at least good things are that there are no queues for elevators and such things. Bathroom is nice, staffed with dozens of smallish bottles of shampoo, shower cream, and other personal care products. There is mini bar with filled with cans of international drinks.

Pools are pretty big and look clean. Main pool has pool bar in the middle, nice replicas of Rialto Bridge. It really looks nice and reminds on Piazza San Marco, St Mark's Basilica and Campanile. Overall if you are Venice fan, you will be delighted. During our stay, pools were pretty empty. We was on the pier at night and it was looking good, but hadn’t checked during the day. There was some kids playground area, which kept our kids busy during evening.

Anyway, this might end as good review that we didn’t had to eat. Buffet is the worst part of this hotel. And unfortunately the most important one when you are with the kids. Buffet choice is pretty limited, and the food I tasted was awful. I am not the picky guy, and Turkish cuisine is familiar to me, actually most of our (Serbian) foods are of Turkish descendent. It doesn’t have anything to do with it, it is big disappointment. I thought that would be OK for one day, I can find something plain eatable or something conventional like eggs, ham, hamburger, salads... Well... it was hard to find that as well... If you want to have eggs, you have to stand in line with at least 20 guests and wait. Same is for pancakes, grill, french-fries and other VERY BASIC forms of food. There was only one type of hard cheese! I was really afraid for kids... but then they told me there is kid corner... But wait... kids corner is corner of three bowls with crushed cookies. I never had any luck finding milk. There was cold milk canister, but no milk in it. Then we had to stick with fruit... And there goes Russians, who takes almost everything on their table... I’ve seen that before, but those guys were so rude and greedy that they took everything with them in room/pool.

Maybe the worst was hygiene. Since there was a long queue for entering restaurant, and half of restaurant is on open (not very pleasant), so it has really limited number of tables. And what is worse even more limited number of staff. When someone leaves table, you stick with that table waiting to be cleaned. Stuff is extremely helpful, but they need to at least to triple number of staff to reach MINIMUM level of service required. After you were waiting to clear up table and set dinnerware, if you don’t order drink , there is chance you will never had one. It is luxury to have waiter twice on your desk, and they don’t like when you try self service. I am really sorry for those guys.... when you call them, they will just give you sad look and nod their head... I do understand them, but can’t understand such a poor staffing.

With all that under staffing, and problems with finding table, there is the worst thing that bothered us at all time. Floors are covered with food, fruit, shattered glass. Only place where they are cleaning, that is in front of buffet. When they come to clear your table and prepare dinnerware, they will walk over shattered glass, food and fruit and that will stay until lunch time is over.

Now I do understand, why such long lines are forming before restaurant opens, it is your only chance of having clean start! That is something that is stopper for me. Luckily we were leaving day after, we have accepted even 30km farther hotel, just to get away. I don’t have problems with Russians, since we are Slavic descent, some Western Europeans tend to mix up us with them, but Russia is a huge country and those guys must came from the very rural areas. I think we were only non-Russians there. Never heard any other language. On Reception they don’t accept anything by dollars, in shops they couldn’t exchange 50 EUR, they didn’t even knew exchange rate... everything is set up for Russians... If you are not one (rural parts, remember) or you are not extreme fan of Venice this is not hotel for you.

Pros:
+ Extremely friendly staff
+ Venice fans will like it
+ Rooms are comfortable and clean
+ Bathroom nice and clean
+ Nice big pool

Cons:
+ Food is awful, limited choice, the worst ever
+ Restaurant are messy, crowded
+ Rude Russian guests with no manners
+ Hugely understaffed

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Venezia Palace Deluxe Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!