This hotel is quirky to say the least, but it does grow on you, the weather and Antalya area allows you to forgive a lot.
My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 12 nights with our two teenage daughters in two rooms.
Both rooms had very good views over Antalya city the mountains and the sea.
Rooms are kitted out with a large flat screen tv which has loads of channels to watch, the room has probably the best air conditioning I have ever had in an hotel. It had setting from Arctic wind conditions down to very quiet level which is ideal for use at night.
Here’s the first quirky aspect – in the room, when you look up you notice the bed room ceiling does not exist. What you see is bare concrete just like a car park roof, all the rooms are like this and it is a feature of the hotel design, it looks cheap and unfinished to me.
There are no draws or wardrobe to hold your clothes, there is however a rail to hang half a dozen items and a shelf running the length of two windows. Other than leaving your clothes in the case or on the floor the shelf is the only option.
The toilet leads on from the bathroom and is separate, but share the same door. I will leave you to imagine how this works, a bit weird!
You get a wooden chair to sit on in the room which is best described as garden furniture and ended up being used as a clothes horse. No balcony just two windows can prove difficult to dry wet towels and swimming costumes, however the hotel supply towels at the pool and in the gym.
On the 6th floor, which is actually a ground floor, is a large room where meals are served at the same time people can access the internet on hotel computers or play on the pool table. There’s a bed to lie on and a wall you can write graffiti on or bizarrely ride one of two swings suspended from the ceiling, (which is finished). This room is kitted out with more uncomfortable garden furniture has one good feature it is air conditioned.
This room however leads out onto the pool area and gardens, to the cliff edge and sea with stunning views, but don’t get too close to the edge there’s no barrier. The pool is fantastic and the gardens are manicured to a very high standard. At night the whole area becomes beautifully lit up with carefully placed lamps.
On one side of the pool there is a round building on a central column. Bizarrely this building rotates continuously very slowly. The good thing about this building is there are loungers and comfortable chairs around the column, which offers shelter from the sun, a great place for a sleep and you don’t know what you will be facing when you wake up.
In the corner of the gardens there is a lift which takes you down to a tunnel a little scary the first time which leads out to a man made jetty which is decked out with sun beds, diving platforms and steps into the sea. There’s also a hotel run bar and diving school, but a notice clearly states you swim at your own risk.
Under the strange room on floor 6 is an excellent gym Turkish sauna. Scandinavian sauna, steam room, lounge area showers and locker rooms
The hotel facilities are spotless and every thing is in full working order.
The hotel staff are very helpful smart and polite.
Food and drinks seem very expensive at the Mamara.
This was a hot topic between all the guests when we were there.
I don’t mind paying the extra if the presentation, ambiance and service are felt to be special.
The service is ok; the quality of the food and drink is ok, but nothing special
If they finish the bedrooms. Create comfortable lounge areas. Improve the presentation of the food and drinks then raised the level of service this would be a very relaxing hotel The Mamara is supposed to be a 5 star hotel. It is not in my opinion no where near
- Also Known As:
- The Marmara Antalya Hotel
- The Marmara Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Marmara Hotel Antalya
- Antalya Marmara Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dynamic, surprising, pure, extraordinary product: The Marmara Antalya. Simple lines, crazy colors, comfort, dynamism, aesthetics, leisureness, technology, flavor, broad spaces, shared spaces, quiet corners, endless scenery of the Mediterranean are all united at The Marmara Antalya. Decorated by French architect, Christian Allart and mentioned by pioneers magazines in the sector such as; ‘Marie Claire Maison’, Maison Francaise’ ‘Home Art’, ‘Cosmo Girl’, ‘Harpers Bazaar’ from its opening day, The Marmara Antalya with its unique architecture and ‘HIP design’ aims to surprise the guests by going beyond what is accustomed and offers a refreshing alternative to Antalya with its quality. The hotel also accepts pets.The only pet friendly Hotel in the city Center of Antalya... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Marmara Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.