We chose this hotel for several reasons, one being the decor, my partner not so fussed about this but the decor caught my attention, I loved it from the pictures, when we got there we (I) was not disappointed at all. I loved it.
I emailed the hotel prior to our holiday asking if they could put a little surprise in the room for my partner ( I wasn't fussy, I thought maybe a heart shaped towel or something) instead we got a free upgrade to a sea view room AND little bottle of local wine and some sweets which was amazing.
Views were absolutely stunning, room was great, pillows however were horrible, such bad pillows for a 4/5 star hotel.
Back to the positives, food was nice and breakfast every day was great, looked forward to it every morning. Sitting outside to eat was so nice. Towels and robes hurt my skin, so rough. Not great for a 4/5 star!!
The private beach area and access to the sea was perfect, we LOVED it. The tunnel was brilliant!! Such a nice area, snorkelling with great, we saw an octopus which was a highlight and we also done the scuba diving. Great experience however my instructor had a cameras so I got a lot of pictures however my boyfriends instructor did not so he only got a few pics whence first got in. Still a good experience though.
Staff were sometimes lazy and slow but then others they didn't stop. Always polite though.
Ok some negatives:
The price of the drinks in the hotel are shockingly expensive, we actually panicked when we worked out how much a drink was. At the time we went we were looking to pay £9 for a single shot of jack Daniels and then an additional £3 for a can of coke. GULP!! Local beer was at an average price but if you don't like beer your stuffed as drinks were limited. I quickly decided that wouldn't be my choice drink but the choices were very limited and with no real bar to go and sit at, it wasn't a place to sit and relax and enjoy a few drinks. No night life. Very business like.
It was cheaper to drink cocktails than a simple short and mixer. I understand it's not a local drink but when you walk 100 yards down the road to find a bottle of JD for £14 it's quite annoying.
There is a metal detector on the door with signs saying you can't take your own food and drink into the hotel...some excuse about hygiene but it's obviously because the food and drink is so overpriced, this is where they make their money.
Food is nice but sooooo expensive.
I would describe this hotel more of a business hotel you would stay at for a couple of nights not a two week holiday.
Entertainment was horrendous and once food service had shut down and entertainment finished at approx 1030pm there was nothing to do.
The beach bar seemed to be open when it felt like it but we gave up going down there after trying it several times and being the only one down there with "DJ Performance" blasting out some bad dance music. It was quite embarrassing and uncomfortable.
Every night we had to leave the hotel to find some sort of drinking spot and place to just chill.
The cleaning staff found it quite odd that we didn't want our room cleaning every day, she was a little rude about it but we were capable of tidying our room and actually if we used the towels for a day or two it helped to make them softer. They really were bad. We ended up having to sneak past the maids to avoid the daily question and puzzled looks.
Overall nice holiday but wouldn't go back as exceptionally overpriced drinks and food and nothing to do there.
However we enjoyed ourselves just not the room bill.
- Also Known As:
- The Marmara Antalya Hotel
- The Marmara Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Marmara Hotel Antalya
- Antalya Marmara Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dynamic, surprising, pure, extraordinary product: The Marmara Antalya. Simple lines, crazy colors, comfort, dynamism, aesthetics, leisureness, technology, flavor, broad spaces, shared spaces, quiet corners, endless scenery of the Mediterranean are all united at The Marmara Antalya. Decorated by French architect, Christian Allart and mentioned by pioneers magazines in the sector such as; ‘Marie Claire Maison’, Maison Francaise’ ‘Home Art’, ‘Cosmo Girl’, ‘Harpers Bazaar’ from its opening day, The Marmara Antalya with its unique architecture and ‘HIP design’ aims to surprise the guests by going beyond what is accustomed and offers a refreshing alternative to Antalya with its quality. The hotel also accepts pets.The only pet friendly Hotel in the city Center of Antalya... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Splendia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Marmara Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.