We stayed here for one night in the revolving section of the hotel. The hotel has some positive points, but too many negatives to give it a five star rating.
Firstly the negatives. The room we had in the revolving hotel was certainly tired and outdated. The shower was very mouldy, there was hair all around the drainage hole and the base of the shower recess had dropped, making the drainage outlet not the lowest point of the shower! Consequently, water did not drain away except into the room! (Room 828) The decor was tacky, bright pinks and white.
2. No plug for the basin could be found, making shaving, washing etc. difficult.
3. Furniture was scratched, paint chipped of chairs and desks, plaster on walls cracked, slight smell of cigarettes in the linen. These imperfections are not going to cause a problem to your stay, but remember this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel and you're paying 5 star prices!
4. The water in the room was not complementary and you are not allowed to take your own into the hotel!
5. The breakfast was not 5 star standard. Acceptable, yes, but stewed fruits were from a can, orange juice was basically cordial and the sitting area had the feel of a shopping mall cafeteria.
However, in fairness, there was quite a few positives as well.
Firstly, the gardens and pool area are first class. Clean pool, beautifully manicured gardens.
2. The view from our room was terrific over looking the Mediterranean Sea and mountains, for awhile anyway as the hotel revolves a full 360 degrees over a period of approx. 4 hours. At some stage you will be staring into the newer hotel building.
3. The private ocean swimming area reached via a private elevator, was terrific, with a rocky outcrop equipped with a diving board and platform, well spaced deck chairs and great views.
4. The buffet dinner included in the tariff was surprisingly very good. A good choice of salads, hot foods such as grilled chicken, grilled whole fish or roast meats, as well as many stuffed vegetables made for an enjoyable dinner. We rarely, (if ever!) eat buffet dinners, but as we were here for only one night and the city centre is a good 10 minutes away by car, we took the buffet option and were happy with the meal. A pleasant solo guitarist played and sang well.
All in all we had a comfortable stay, but the revolving hotel needs some serious restorative work to update itself from being a tired old has been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dynamic, surprising, pure, extraordinary product: The Marmara Antalya. Simple lines, crazy colors, comfort, dynamism, aesthetics, leisureness, technology, flavor, broad spaces, shared spaces, quiet corners, endless scenery of the Mediterranean are all united at The Marmara Antalya. Decorated by French architect, Christian Allart and mentioned by pioneers magazines in the sector such as; ‘Marie Claire Maison’, Maison Francaise’ ‘Home Art’, ‘Cosmo Girl’, ‘Harpers Bazaar’ from its opening day, The Marmara Antalya with its unique architecture and ‘HIP design’ aims to surprise the guests by going beyond what is accustomed and offers a refreshing alternative to Antalya with its quality. The hotel also accepts pets.The only pet friendly Hotel in the city Center of Antalya... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Marmara Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marmara Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Marmara Hotel Antalya
- Antalya Marmara Hotel