“Great Resort Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great Resort Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My partner and I recently returned from a 5 day stay here and all I can say is, next time we are staying longer. The resort goes out of it's way to accomodate guest needs (food, drinks, entertainment, sports etc.), but there were a couple of drawbacks. The Wi-Fi only works in the lobby and is slow. The entertainers were good, and you could tell they were trying but the show lacked real spectacle. It is great to take small kids before bed-time...they will probably go fast to sleep. The food was very plentiful, there is always an open bar and the maid/ mini-bar service were great. The resort is in a great location to shopping and only about 20 minutes from the airport. Overall, this was a great trip and I look forward to returning...for at least 7 days :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Michael,

First we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday. Also we would ike to thank you for taking your time to write a comment. Looking forward to see you soon here at Breezes.

Most kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Sherwood Breezes arriving on 30th April. There was a group of us and my 3 year old daughter. This hotel was surrounded by lovely gardens and the pools were great! We spent quite a bit of time on the beach too, as this was really nice. The hotel and food preparation areas were very clean. Things were only just opening when we arrived, so I would pick a bit later in the season if we were to return to have the full benefits of the hotel and entertainment. The only negative was the service from the bar staff and in the restaurant in regards to tables being set etc. However the Animation Team sure made up for this, as they were brilliant at making you feel involved so friendly and happy, which was a refreshing change from the bar staff. I would like to say a special thank you to Kenan he was brilliant with my daughter Olivia she loved him and was always pleased to see him. A big thank you to Julia and Anastasia they were great too. You could not fault the kids club one bit, as it was near the kids pool and you could be with your child as much as you like. Mini disco was a really big hit too we enjoyed it every night.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for writing such decent review about us. The points you mentioned would be carefully analized by our hotel managment. We will also pass on your thankx. Hope to see you as soon as possible in Sherwood.

Best wishes.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just back from a two week stay at the Sherwood breeze resort and yes it was wonderful. We travelled on 28/4/13 and on arrival we were put in a non Sea view room. This would have been fine but the air-con in the hotel and surrounding hotels does not come on until 6/5/13. With a three year old and 6 month old baby and the sun rising in our room the heat was unbearable. They moved us with no extra cost the following day :) When we arrived the hotel was a little bit of a shell as it was not holiday season just yet but within a few days it totally came to life with new things opening constantly. It really made a huge difference and I heard it gets better as the season goes on.
For the English thinking of going...Yes the hotel is heavily German and Dutch populated but again I think this changes. On arrival we were the sole English speaking there but again within a week that had changed. The Dutch are always lovely but without a doubt the Germans were rude and would litterily push in front of you at the bar or getting food. You do have to become a little rude yourself at times and ask them as I did "Can you actually see me"
Staff wise the hotel has some big issues. Well when I say staff I mean the bar staff. They were nothing but rude rude rude (all expect one lovely girl in the pastisserie). The are all men and very very rude men. I am very polite but it was only met with arrogance and dirty looks. One young guy called eyup was particularly bad unless you were a young pretty 16 year old German girl he looked at you and treated you like filth.
But...what can I say about the kids club but a huge thank you. Kenan the wonderful Kenan who works tirelessly to entertain your children. Also Anastasia and Julia. I have never sent my daughter to a kids club but this one was unlike others I had seen and was all outdoors beside the kids pool so you could see and join in with you child as much or as little as you liked. They are feet from you so at no point do you feel seperated from them. Lexi is 3years old and usually shy but Kenan took her under his wing and was amazing with her and all the kids. They really did make our holiday so much more enjoyable..Thank you guys.
Also the entertainment staff in general, again including Kenan (this guy never stops working) were fantastic. From Tito, water water aerobics lady, dance lessons, show time staff, Archery guy..The entertainment staff were fantastic.
Overall the holiday was fantastic, great food (main restaurant was fab and the Italian), great weather, the kids loved it as did we, very clean.. When the English arrived we met some fantastic people but everyone had the same complaint and that was the bar staff. They seriously let the hotel down and without a doubt it seemed like they simply had an issue with the English speaking visitors. And the lifts are a pain in the bum! Only three and a secret lift for lots and lots of people.
Thank you for a great trip.

Room Tip: Pay for sea view or at least ask for it on arrival. Also keep in mind no air con until 6th or 8th of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Family Odornan,

First we would like to thank you for taking your time to write such nice detailed review about Sherwood Breezes.
We want you to know that we appreciate your opinion no matter if it positive or negative and our management will seriously approuch the points you have touched.
Looking forward to see you again at Breezes.

Kind regards.
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The title is especially for Super David Silva of the Animation Team. I will start with the Animation Team as I have already mentioned David. When reading other reviews that have mentioned this group of extraordinary people, I have assumed and no doubt many others have made this same assumption - 'what a quaint name for the entertainment team. Wrong! The title 'Animation Team' is a perfect description of what they are. They not only entertain all the guests, they encourage the guests to participate in almost everything and most of the guests really enjoy taking part in the activities. My archery skills were honed to perfection (well as good as I will ever be) due to expert tuition mainly from Serhat (Sammy to those visiting in the summer) and occassionally Boyka. I could carry on name dropping but I would probably miss someone really important, I actually thought Julia was a fellow guest that was really enjoying her holiday which just goes to show how much effort the staff put in to making you really feel you have had a brilliant holiday (Julia is one of the team in the kids club and we did not have kids with us so we really only interacted with her when she was not in the kids club area). A fellow guest who was there around the same time as us (Haydn_Forisz of Pontypridd) has mentioned a lot of the people who regularly interact with the guests and I certainly agree with his sentiments on their superb qualities and extend my admiration for the effort the entire hotel staff put in to make sure it is a time that will be remembered for all the right reasons. The people behind the scenes ensured the entire resort ran smoothly. The maids ensured the rooms were cleaned each day, the linen was changed and the occassional display of 'Towel Art' to put a smile on your face when you returned to your room. The front desk - total professionalism with many of the staff being multi- lingual! British guests, please consider how many languages you can speak yourself before complaining about the fact that English is not one of the 5 languages spoken by the first person you engage with on the front desk. Once they realise you are speaking english they will get the staff member who speaks english to deal ith your requests. The kitchen staff, you may spot them now and again but most of the time they are out of sight ensuring there is a constant flow of fresh food. If a serving spoon falls to the floor a replacement is there within seconds and any mess is cleared up and dirty spoon off to the pot wash without delay. The entire operation set to ensure the guests have the opportunity to sample a vast selection foods including a good selection of Turkish food. In the various bars, lounges and other drinks areas the bar staff and waiters/waitresses are quick to pick up on your drinking habits and seem to have the ability of providing a coffee or some other drink that you were thinking of getting for yourself. I could actually rattle on a lot longer on the plus points for this hotel as there are so many, but I really need to finish off. My only negative point was the wifi, it was only really available in the reception area which was a bit of an inconvenience but not really a show stopper. We really enjoyed our holiday, best all inclusive holiday we have ever had and we intend to visit again some time. Finally a big THANK YOU to ALL the staff at Sherwood Breezes for making our holiday so enjoyable. Visited from 6th to 20th April 2013. Kay & Ged (JEDI)

Room Tip: the higher up you are the better the view, in season you are best booking a sea view when you book t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Kay & Ged,

At first we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a nice comment about our Hotel. We would be very happy to see you soon with us again.

Best regards .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Sherwood Breezes is absolutely amazing. I stayed 28th April-5th May so still end of winter season when got there but everything in full swing by the end of the week. Would have liked to be there for longer when everything was open and moved outside but didnt spoil our holiday one bit. I have booked to go back on May 3rd next year so all evening entertainment should be outside by then and also pool bar and sunset bar will be open in the evening aswel as in the daytime. Cant see me holidaying anywhere but Sherwood Breezes for the next few years!! It is fantasic and has everything you possibly need so why go elsewhere!! First class Sherwood!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

First we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and for taking your time to write this nice detailed review about Sheerwood Breezes.
It is great pleasure to learn that you had a comfortable stay and we are looking forward to see you soon here.

Best regards.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

15/04/13- 29/04/13...
First of all we booked this Hotel for my 30th Birthday, a nice little treat from my other half...
We got engaged 3 years ago in Turkey, so decided to get married and use this holiday as a honeymoon as-well...

We booked through Co-Op Travel 6 months ago originally as just a 2 week holiday for my 30th Birthday. When we booked the wedding in January, we went straight to Co-Op Travel and explained that we wanted to upgrade our room due to it now being for our honeymoon as-well.

We were told it would be £80-£90. We were expecting to pay £400-£500, as we asked to upgrade to a bigger room/sweet etc...When we arrived at the Hotel we finally realized that we had just payed for a guaranteed sea-view room! Annoying when we specifically asked to upgrade and were prepared to pay extra!

Nothing was mentioned to the Hotel from Thomas Cook or Co-Op Travel, that it was our Honeymoon or 30th! I cant blame the Hotel for this! Once i told the Hotel about it being our Honeymoon they were nice and upgraded the room to a king size bedded room!...FANTASTIC!

They offered us a breakfast in bed etc..And the cleaner made some nice swans for us with towels on our bed.

The only thing i was annoyed at was they never made any effort considering it was my 30th! But looking back at things...I blame Thomas Cook and Co-op Travel for not forwarding on any information to Sherwood Breezes!...

We soon noticed that the Hotel was full of Germans/Russians...We only met a few British people during our first week. We became friendly with one couple and had a great time, dancing the night away until 2am in the Disco on several occasions! Lol.
We arrived on the Monday and they went back on the Saturday morning, we soon became bored due to the lack of English guests. The location of the hotel isn't great in my opinion, but you cant fault the hotel for this...I should have done research when i booked it!
On my Birthday we took a taxi to Antalya, costing about £50 round trip. The taxi company waited for us...4 hours or so...Excellent! We had a great meal at the Glass restaurant by the harbour.
Also, we took 2 trips on our last week. We did the waterfall one which included the Amp[itheatre and Roman City.....
Amazing! Trip took about an hour to arrive and about 20 mins between locations. About £45 each, well worth it!
The Second one we did was the Mountain cable car one. I was annoyed at my rep as she said it would take an hour to get there, more like 3 hours! I have a bladder problem, so i was annoyed! So, a warning if you cant travel long like me! ;)
I will break down everything for you...
Reception: Friendly and Efficient.
Rooms: Well worn (due for a refurb) A member of staff said they are doing this year?
Pools: Great! Loved the Relax area with Jacuzzi's! Slides were only open 3 hours a day!?!?
Food: Average....Breakfast could be better for the British???
Beach Food (Robins Hut): Can get repetitive, but loved the pizza and flat-breads!
Entertainment: Great! They try there best and get everyone involved! Loved playing Boccia on the Beach with Mustafa! PROFESSIONAL! Lol
WATER GYM – WATER GYM!...lol..... MINI DISCO! You will get it when you visit! Lol
All in all....we had a fab time. Be prepared to pay for a taxi or catch the local buses as the location is poor. But, if you like sitting around the pool then its all good!

Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

At first we would like to thank you for choosing Sherwood Breezes Resort for your stay and also thank you for writing such nice review about us. It is a great pleasure to learn that you were satisfied with your holiday. Looking forward to see you soon again in Breezes.

Most kind regards.
Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the resort over the Easter Period. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday, there were many good points - food excellent, varied every day and always displayed to a very high standard! The children loved the beach snack bar where fresh pizza's were made on a daily basis! However the burgers were of a very poor standard and best avoided!
The entertainment staff were fantastic and kept both children, teenagers and adults entertained throughout the holiday with plenty of activities to join in with! The grounds are fantastic with the private beach just at the bottom of the resort.
However I do agree with some of the negative comments on here - air conditioning not turned on - it was extremely hot in rooms especially at night which made trying to sleep quite unpleasant, unable to open the patio doors due to noise from nightclub (even though we were always late going to bed) and mosquitos!
The entertainment in the evening was ok, however it was difficult to find a seat in the bar area to listen to the live entertainment, some of whom were ok, some quite boring. Also we saw the same groups more than once so really this needs looking at.
Again as previously stated when we first arrived, we were quite disappointed - only one swimming pool open (the rest looked dirty and green) which didn't create a good impression! The slides were not open - on the beach, the jetty wasn't open so quite disappointing after reading such good reviews. However during the second week things started to open (now the beginning of their summer season). By the end of the holiday all the pools were open and the slides open for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening! But the jetty remained closed throughout our stay and also no Gala Evening as advertised!
As it was Easter Holidays and the hotel was full you would have expected everything to have been in place and in proper working order! Also with so many children there, everyone was waiting for the slides to open for the hour slot in morning/afternoon! A bit of forward thinking would help - due to the amount of children booked in, surely it makes sense to open the slides more frequently instead of everyone rushing down and having to queue???
Also there were problems with the lifts not working correctly and sticking whilst people were in them! This was reported but nothing seemed to improve, we ended up having to avoid one particular lift which obviously resulted in a lot of waiting around!
There were also issues with bugs/ flees - many people were bitten then swollen feet, legs etc, although the hotel was fumigated whilst we were there, basically if you're prone to insect bites make sure to take a repellant!!!
On the whole we had a fantastic holiday - especially the second week when everything started to open fully. We would definitely go back and would most definitely recommend the resort to others!!!
PLEASE OPEN EVERYTHING SOONER ESPECIALLY DURING EASTER HOLIDAYS!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julie,

First we would like to thank you for choosing Sherwood Breezes for your Turkish stay plus taking time to write a detailed comment about us.
We appreciate your suggestions and would like to inform you that all the points you mentioned in your review will be carefully analized.
We would be very happy to see you at Sherwood Breezes again.

Best wishes.

Been to Sherwood Breezes Resort? Share your experiences!