“Fantastic staff, and great place to rejuvenate/recover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Hotels Lara

You added Liberty Hotels Lara to your Saves list
Liberty Hotels Lara
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii Kundu Bolgesi, Lara, Antalya 07235, Turkey (Formerly Hotel Lara Beach )   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Extra Discount
Ranked #2 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Grimsby, Canada
“Fantastic staff, and great place to rejuvenate/recover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have had the pleasure of visiting this hotel on several occasions since December 2008, and have never been disappointed.

During this visit, I was recuperating from surgery I had in Antalya. Upon my return to the hotel, I was greeted with smiling faces, and a sea of well wishes. The nurse Selma, as well as guest relations, and other staff came to visit me everyday and make sure that I was comfortable and whether I needed any assistance.

I was able to get to visit with staff who have been my friends since 2008, and got to meet a lot of new friends too.

Everyone was so helpful and caring. My old and new friends always made sure I had great company whenever I was out of my room.

The hotel, as per all my previous visits, was clean, neat, cool (thank goodness with 45C temperatures!), and there was never a shortage of food or drinks available.

Entertainment was great - especially the dancers that were former staff members who put on a show at the hotel once every two weeks.

I can't wait to go back and visit everyone again!

Thanks for taking great care of me Liberty Hotels Lara (although you will always be Lara Beach Hotel in my heart)!!!

Downside -
The wi-fi was terrible and dropped very often. Quite often, I could not connect for over an hour at a time.

The mini-bar fridge never got cold, and did not appear to be repaired.

Both issues were reported to the front desk, but didn't seem to get resolved.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Friendly staff, good food and clean basically just what you want from a holiday. There was always plenty of choice of food every day and the Gala night on a Thursday helps break it up a bit. There are multiple bars and several places to eat during the day if you don't fancy the full lunch in the main restaurant. The pool are is great and we had no issues getting a bed although some days you had to have a wander to find a group together. If you are wanting a nice relaxed hotel with somewhere the kids can be safe and play all day then you can't go wrong here.

We also tried the SPA and had the Sauna, Hammam (Turkish Bath), Facial and Massage and it was superb. If you are planning on getting this do it as soon as you get there as it gets rid of your dead skin ready for sun bathing.

If you like going out for a walk to the shops it is a bit of a trek though as it is quite a bit away from anything. There is a rent a car guy in the hotel who will organise a trip for you to the old town which is well worth the money (40 euros return). This lets you see a bit of the culture and gets you to some nice shops.

Room Tip: 2nd floor above the silence pool afforded great views and was pretty quiet most of the time.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Aimenhomes,

First, we would like to express our personal gratitude for your kind review and the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

Second, on behalf of our entire team at Liberty Hotels Lara, we would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us. At Liberty Hotels Lara our aim is to completely delight and satisfy our guests, make them feel home away from home. What makes us special is a combination of two things. The first describes what we are: an oasis for the well travelled. The second is what we bring to every one of our guests. It`s not about what they get, it is about how they feel. Emotional luxury.

Therefore it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and facilities such as yours. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations and, that you enjoyed your time with us. In particular, it is nice to read that you appreciated the spa facilities and the delicious food.

We will certainly share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades and sentiments such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.

Warm regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Lovely hotel , food great (especially the stir frys). Must also try the Turkish BBQ and Italian a la carte. Waiter service to tables for drinks was also a plus. Room was good size ,beds very comfy. Entertainment staff work very hard (big hello to Danny who organised the kids football every afternoon). Wifi was a hit and miss but was free ! (and they were trying to upgrade ) Nice touches like popcorn on the cinema night and crisps and nuts with drinks. Maybe not 5 star to UK standards but absolutely well worth the money. Would definately return !!

Merhaba (Hello) Karen,

Thank you for your continued patronage and excellent review regarding your most recent family stay with us! We do appreciate your kind comments regarding our Team Members and our lovely hotel.

It is truly appreciated and wonderful that we exceeded your expectations. It will be our pleasure to pass your positive comments about our friendly and helpful staff specially entertainment team. They are very passionate about ensuring that each and every stay exceeds your expectations.

we are striving to make your holiday truly an unforgettable one. Provided all the aspects you have mentioned, we realize that our aim is achieved. In addition, this means our team work does not go in vain.

Also your nice ending comment about your coming back makes us very proud!
You can follow us from '' Facebook.com/libertyhotelslara & twitter.com/laraliberty ''

Again, thank you for the gift of feedback.

Our warmest regards
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is the first time I have felt the need to write a review on trip advisor about a holiday. I felt let down by the the holiday company who describe this hotel as 5 star and in their platinum range. As a family we have stayed in 5 star platinum hotels and this just isn't that, so if you are going for that you will be disappointed.

When entering the hotel it does have the wow factor inside, that is until you get wet at the reception desk from the air con dripping. This area only at the desk, the restaurant as you enter not the main area and the bed rooms are the only places where you feel the effects of the air con.

Little things make a holiday special and a 5 star. The hotel provided a cinema night outside, very nice but the pop corn machine was broken again and had not been fixed fron the previous time, is that 5 star.

The corridors leading to the rooms one evening had been cleaned and rags had been left over the carpets to prevent people walking on them. Is this what you should do in the height of the season and with no hazard signs as one guest told me he stood where the rags had been moved, walked on the wet carpet and slipped as he entered his room on the marble floor.

The rooms should have been refurbished but to a poor finish with a constant leak in our bathroom behind the toilet. Gaps that had not been filled in and also me having to chase people for toilet roll as these were not replaced by the cleaners. This to me is not a 5 star platinum standard.

The hotel did not seem to have enough staff especially during the evening meal time where you would wait a while for the table to be cleared and re set, then wait again for drinks.

On a positive note, the staff at the bars were great, work really hard and are very funny. The entertainment team were great and tried there best to get all involved. Some shows we're not great but it was all good fun. Thanks to Hulk for bowls on the the beach or "boccha" as he would call it. Thank you.

My 2 boys loved the football every day.

The one thing that made this holiday for us was the cabana on the pier, this you did have to pay for though and were great and helped with the nice sea breeze. Thank you to mustafa on the cabana who worked really hard and always had a smile.

If you are looking for 5 star then you will be disappointed with this hotel as this at best is a 4 star. For that reason and the fact we have stayed in better accommodation in Turkey we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, General Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Lee,

We trust you and your family are well. Upon reading your review, we are deeply sorry your family holiday experience was fraught with numerous issues. We thank you for submitting your frank and forthright comments on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed we were not able to avert a number of the anomalies you have highlighted which appears to have dampened the initial `WOW` factor as you entered our impressive reception area. You quoted a number of issues which respectfully prompted you to question our hotels five star status. We intend to review the points you have raised with our relevant departments to ensure we address our shortfalls. You feel our followers and future guests will be disappointed as you do not in your opinion consider our hotel worthy of either our five star statuses or deem it Platinum quality. The criteria for Platinum hotels can vary from one country to another; however my experience in working in a multitude of Thomson Platinum hotels worldwide is some hotels excel in certain areas and vice versa hence why you have kindly cited numerous staff members by name associated with our service and entertainment department. We were awarded the five stars ranking by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism. You may also note many of our guests both prior and after you submitted your review rate our hotel highly hence why we have acknowledged your forthright approach from the outset as you kindly awarded our hotel three out of five. We always strive with a genuine intent to deliver a memorable holiday experience to all of our customers. In your case we appear to have fallen short of the mark in certain aspects, once again we are very sorry. We take heart from the fact your children enjoyed the daytime activities provided by our excellent entertainments team as well as the VIP lounges on our pier which enhances our guests holiday experience. We are also delighted and proud certain aforementioned staff members have clearly impressed you; we will ensure they will receive recognition for their efforts.
Trip Advisor is an excellent social media tool whereby followers and managements are able to share/debate reviews within a democratic framework or platform; in this instance we intend to move forward and further adhere to our hotels vision and ethos.

Mr Sebahattin Asi
General Manager.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at this hotel. I guess anyone reading this review is considering staying or about to stay at Liberty Hotels Lara Beach. I also used Tripadvisor to gather information before I went and would now like to offer some useful bits to help.

Firstly, you can't go wrong if you book to go here! It is quite simply THE BEST hotel we've ever stayed at. I attribute that comment to many things but above all else, it's the service given by the team at Liberty. Providing you're respectful, the Liberty team will bend over backwards to make sure that you have a wonderful time and feel very welcome. They have created a unique culture within the hotel which makes for many happy, polite guests and staff who genuinely want to make you happy. We were particularly impressed with Mustafa and Sabrina from Guest Services who went out of their way, regularly, to say hello, remember our names, ask how we were and even ask if there was anything that they could improve on - THAT'S first class service!

A few more points:
Kids clubs - The Thompson one is as expected but a little low on numbers. Our children enjoyed the bits they did. The hotel mini club is very good. Sometimes it's just a drop in play session but at other times it's banana boats, discos, pizza making, hair braids and Disney character shows. The kids club staff are really friendly and love the children to bits. (They speak all languages).

Rooms - We arrived in the middle of the night and if I'm honest our room was a little disappointing. Mainly because it wasn't as big as pictures we had seen and our balcony was tiny. We were also a bed short. The rooms aren't stunning however there is nothing wrong with them. I likened them to Premier Inn style but with some nicer touches (TV in mirror, beautiful towel art etc). The problem with our bed was resolved by getting a spare from another hotel. We were impressed that they went that far to fix it. The towel art left by Housekeeping made us smile every day and we grew to become very happy in our room.

Food - Wow. You could eat all day long at Liberty. There is so much food and so much choice. I found myself trying all kinds of things that I've never eaten before and was not interested in the chips on offer. The chefs doing the stir-frys outside made me giggle every evening and the smell of the BBQ was divine. Anyone complaining about the food is silly. There really is plenty for everyone, whatever nationality you are. Each night is themed with Gala night being extra special (Take something black / white to wear). I loved the red carpet entrance and the staff welcoming their guests to dinner.

A la Cartes - We went to the Italian and the BBQ A la Cartes and both were superb evenings. Beautiful food, excellent service, lovely settings outside and with the sunset. Both nights at the A la Cartes gave us memories to cherish.

Pools - amazing, clean, beautiful - take me back now please!
Sun loungers - Plenty to choose from. You may need to get up early to get a particular spot but there's always loungers available.

Pier - If you want a treat then see Osman and book a day on the pier in a private Cabana! Mustafa will look after you and you will have an amazing day to remember. It is most definitely worth it, A must do. Huge thank you to Mustafa!

Entertainment - fantastic variety of entertainment on offer. You can be kept busy all day and all evening if you like (but you can also be quiet any time you want). The days are filled with games, darts, zumba, water gym, football, beach volleyball and a big 'pool game' which attracts a lot of attention and is always fun! Then the evenings are filled with shows (some of which are excellent), live music and dancing. The Terrace Parties were our favourite. The live bands for these were superb and the extra touches of free Smirnoff, huge robots and kids ice-creams all made it a night to remember.

Outside of the hotel - I was under the impression that Lara had nothing to offer outside of the hotel. This is not true. The 'strip' outside is full of shopping malls & pharmacies, as well as a few souvenir shops, a supermarket, scooter type things to hire, a couple of camels and a donkey for rides, places to buy tours and trips, taxis, bus stops to Antalya and more. It's worth a trip out just to look at all the hotels lit up. The shopping (bartering) can be really good fun.

Final word - There is no question if this is a good hotel or not. It's fantastic. The staff and service are like no other. The cleanliness is second to none and you won't want to come home. Thank you Liberty, we've got memories to last a lifetime, but we'll be back one day to make even more.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. (levels 5-8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We enjoyed our holiday in Antalya. The staff particularly Miss: PARNA was so helpful and so accommodating in making our vacation to be memorable one. The hotel was very clean and the food and desert delicious and to die for. I will recommend this beautiful hotel to every one.

One suggestion that I would make: Is the transportation staff to be trained to be better service orientated. Dealing with a gentleman named “RAMADAN” who was in charge of transportation with a mini bus from hotel to airport was a nightmare. We find him unfriendly and disrespectful. He suggested one price to take us to airport and we agreed to it and then five minutes later he increased his price. We found his behavior to be a greedy one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Nikki,

We are truly overjoyed your holiday experience with us exceeded your expectation therefore inciting you to post your highly favourable and glowing comments on Trip Advisor.

Our loyal community and followers on Trip Advisor and other likeminded social media platforms will be encouraged by your review should they be coming/returning to our hotel in the near future or perhaps contemplating booking our hotel for the first time.

and we are thrilled that you and your family were so pleased with your visit. We are very glad to hear that you found our staff so friendly. Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments on our accommodation. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your spotless room, and to you were pleased with our nice and friendly staff. Parna appreciate you very much for the special mention on your review.
We will take note of your suggestions (transportation) in order to improve the service towards our guests.

We would like to wish you a life full of good health, peace, happiness and prosperity. The Liberty Hotels Lara family looks forward to the day we welcome you back with open arms.

Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed at Liberty Lara with my Husband and 2 sons aged 9 and 14 for 2 weeks, our stay was fantastic, the best holiday we have been on. I never write reviews but this hotel 100% deserves the recognition. The standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel was second to none, rooms were spotless, cleaned everyday with fresh towels left. I have never experienced customer service like this in any other hotel, staff were amazing, so friendly and wanted to make your stay as special as possible. Mustafa at guest relations was a true gent, nothing was too much trouble, he was always walking round the hotel and pool to make sure guests are happy with their stay. The entertainment team were fab, so enthusiastic my boys spent a fair bit of time with them, particularly Dany Kiryushin who took them for football everyday, very funny young guy! The selection of food was great, I am always nervous about food at all inclusive hotels as can be poor and repetitive, not the case at Liberty Lara!! We will returning without a doubt!!

Merhaba (Hello) Caroline M,

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Antalya. We are thrilled you decided to experience our hotel and ended up loving your entire experience.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how helpful members of our team were. We are extremely lucky to have such amazing individuals working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll make sure to let everyone know of all your kind comments.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed many features of our hotel. Whether it was our cleanliness, amazing fresh food, or our lovely entertainment team.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our property, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again!
Liberty Hotels Lara Team

Been to Liberty Hotels Lara? Share your experiences!