“Good value for money but showing wear and tear” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Hotels Lara

You added Liberty Hotels Lara to your Saves list
Liberty Hotels Lara
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii Kundu Bolgesi, Lara, Antalya 07235, Turkey (Formerly Hotel Lara Beach )   |
Special Offer
14% Extra Discount
Ranked #5 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Brussels, Belgium
“Good value for money but showing wear and tear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We are a family of 5 that stayed for 5 nights over the Easter break 2014.

Our impression of the hotel on arrival was very good The lobby was impressive and there was a nice bar area downstairs. Even though we arrived at 10am the hotel checked us in which was appreciated.

Our duplex room was large enough and clean but was showing some wear and tear. Paint work on the stair case was chipping off, walls marked etc. It was still a nice room but could have done with a spruce up. We were on the 8th floor and there was a loud droning noise coming from above us that I assume was the air conditioning system. As a very light sleeper this was annoying but not so much that I needed to shift rooms.

We then went for a tour of the hotel and the best way to sum it up is a bit hit and miss. The pool area and dining areas are nice but the animation area and ground floor shopping/bar/rec area looked quite rundown and need attention. The playground is substandard and the hotel really should look at upgrading it given the number of children in the hotel.

We found the restaurants good. The main buffet was massive and when used in conjunction with the outside bbq made for a good meal. By the 5th night my husband was getting a bit bored of it but he's just picky. The kids really enjoyed the pizza hut down near the beach but the wait could be quite long so try to use it out of peak times. We couldn't book the Italian restaurant during our stay as it was booked out every night which was disappointing but we did go to the Turkish restaurant one night and the a la carte menu was actually very nice. The wine provided at meals was fine and plentiful and the kids enjoyed the free soft drinks and iced chocolates. Ice cream and pastries were also available at certain points during the day and the kids got their moneys worth of those! Free cocktails were available (using local spirits) but they were fine. The bar by the pool table area made the best cocktails.

Most of pools were not heated and too cold to swim in for long so the hotel allowed children to swim in the heated adults only pool. Well most of the time. There was one annoying staff member who kept moving them on when she was on duty which I thought was ridiculous as the kids were the vast majority of swimmers.

We used the gym a few times which was small but adequate and not too busy. The Turkish Hammam experience was pleasant but my massage afterwards was disappointing as I received what I considered to be a relaxing massage rather than the deep tissue one I requested.

The children didn't really get involved with the animation programme as nothing really appealed to them being 7 and over. They were happy to play pool (at an addition cost), swim, and use the water-slides. Wifi was not dependable at all. Most of the day the traffic was so heavy you couldn't get a decent connection. Very annoying.

I thought all in all the hotel provided good value for money but there were some things that needed a bit of attention. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food and drink above average given the price of the AI package.

Room Tip: If you have a duplex on the 8th floor see if you can get it away from the air conditioning system as...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, General Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Kiwigirl.

We hope you and your family are all well, settled back in Brussels, Belgium and everyone is in good health.
We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your holiday experience with our community and followers.
Please kindly accept our heartfelt thanks, gratitude and appreciation on behalf of everyone associated with the Liberty Hotels Lara family in choosing our hotel to enjoy a five day break.
We consider your comments to be invaluable as you seem to have enjoyed your overall holiday experience minus a few flaws.

We thank you for your positive and negative evaluation, whereby we intend to take into consideration all the anomalies you have listed at our next General Management meeting with a view to further improve our services and facilities.
We apologise if all aspects of your holiday expectations were not exceeded.

Mr Sebahattin Asi,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Due to circumstances I stayed at Liberty Lara Beach on my first ever solo holiday. I was nervous, but had been reassured by my Sister who had stayed there a year before that it would be a safe and good choice for a woman travelling alone. It turned out she was correct and I had a wonderful holiday coming home well rested and relaxed, having made some lovely friends.
I had a very smart double room on the first floor. The room location might not suit all as there was a disco bar 2 floors below and it overlooked the neighbouring Hotel who also had an outside disco going late evening, Saying that I was only conscious of this on a couple of evenings when I myself didn't stay up late. Both finished early enough at around 1am and the advantage of being able to walk up and downstairs to all the facilities rather than waiting on lifts outweighed the bit of noise.
I thought the food and all inclusive drinks were amazing and so much of everything that I can't understand complaints. I am used to fine dining and have been on a cruise which didn't have the variety and quality of this Hotel's food. Yes they didn't have the typical British breakfast with British style sausages and bacon, but we were in Turkey and this was more than made up for by other foods you would not normally get e, g. Fresh loaves of all varieties you could slice as you desired, an amazing range of hot and cold food at all times of the day including pastries, pancakes etc at breakfast. I have to say the desserts were particularly varied and delicious and their pastry chef was to be commended.
Customer service featured high. Mustsfa and Poola in guest relations do a really good job of circulating amongst the guests in a low key way making sure everything was to our satisfaction. Poola is a lovely warm and friendly young lady who very kindly and efficiently rearranged my Turkish a la carte booking with no fuss and came to visit me during my meal. This was a really good evening, with very attentive staff and tasty food. Just a couple of suggestions a bit of background Turkish music would add to the atmosphere in this restaurant and if you have a guest eating alone don't sit them in the middle of the empty area of the restaurant with the other diners in cosy banquettes. I also found Zafir in the hair salon very friendly and excellent at pedicures, really it was more like Chiropody and I was walking on air for the rest of my holiday. I know that the separatly franchised Spa staff were changing just at the end of my holiday so not sure what is in place now. I did book a massage package to be taken over three days, the first one I was not so keen on as it was a bit dry and uncomfortable. I was asked what I thought after as the masseuse had no English, I have to say the next 2 treatments were much better, with lovely oils used. On the final day I wanted to arrange a late checkout, I would recommend you do this in advance when booking cos its a pain not knowing until the morning when you are leaving, whether it is possible to keep your room on and be warned dont think you can get up early and get this sorted out before breakfast like I tried to do cos you are told to come back between 9 and 10, Saying that they have no obligation to do this and even though its a busy hotel it does offer shower facilities in the Spa area if you dont want to pay the extra. As it was the gentleman on reception whose name sadly I didn't note did go out of his way to accommodate my request, although this left him with a difficulty of organising cleaning for guests coming in straight after. Well done Liberty for going the extra mile.
Finally although not everything was up and running when I was there at end of April, there was some singers in the evening and a good bunch of Hotel entertainment crew for both adults and children. Thomson had a nice rep, Kerry, but no organised crew although they arrive later in the Season according to the rep. I took one trip with Thomsons into Antalya shopping,, I enjoyed Antalya which is vast with lots of lovely shops and jewellers and we also had an hour and a half in the market beforehand which was fun. I liked having the safety of the organised tour but funnily enough the only time I felt unsafe was the first part of the tour, when we were taken to a large jewellery emporium which I can only describe as the most uncomfortable 1 hour of hard sell I have ever experienced, I was harassed by a female assistant to the point my friends were laughing at her constantly shadowing me and trying to get me to try things on. I had to say very firmly to leave me to browse in peace. Then I was shuffled into a room by a manager when I showed a passing interest in a chain that was too short. This separated me from my coach party who all boarded the bus without me and I was left to work out where they and the rep had gone. I can only assume Thomson are getting some kind of kickback from this arrangement cos noone seemed to find this enjoyable and I would have rather had the extra time in Antayla, where there were plenty of good jewellers and I didnt get the hard sell. Thomson also had no rep on the coach back to the airport and the one at the baggage drop kept disappearing especially when we complained about it taking an hour to drop bags even though we had already checked in. There was not a large queue and no explanation. Thomsons sort these things out! Liberty I'll be back, thanks for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors quieter, first floor avoids waiting on lifts, pool or sea view best.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) BusterBabushka,

We would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the Liberty Hotels Lara. We very much appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at Liberty Hotels Lara we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled”. Our goal is creating emotional luxury by offering thoughtful, welcoming, graceful and charming service. Certainly, location, the condition of facilities and food quality are very important to our guests but we also believe that in the end it is the personal touches that make the difference.

Therefore, we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed and were wowed not only by the quality of our food but also by our personalized services. We will certainly share your comments with our entire team and are convinced accolades such as yours will encourage them to even further improve their services. We will share your nice comments with Parna who really enjoyed your company.
We wish to see you soon again at our lovely resort whenever you will think to come back.

Best and warmest wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was our first stay at this well presented hotel and upon arrival it certainly exceeded expectation with an incredible wow factor as we entered the lobby. The staff were very helpful and check in was dealt with efficiently. Our room was on the 4th floor with a limited sea view which was of a high standard as you would expect with a 5 star establishment. The hotels restaurants and facilities were fantastic with a large variety of different food & drink to choose from. We experienced the turkish bath and massage which was also very good in the spa area. The pool to the rear of the complex is pretty cold and our 9yr old son preferred the heated pool closer to the main building.This however is a minor criticism and I would imagine in peak season when temperatures are at their highest this would be less of an issue. The overall experience was excellent and we would definitely go back.

Merhaba (Hello) Alan.
We hope you and your family are all well, settled back in Glasgow, Scotland, UK and everyone is in good health.
We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to submit your frank and forthright views and share with our community. Please kindly accept our heartfelt thanks, gratitude and appreciation on behalf of everyone associated with the Liberty Hotels Lara family.
We are truly delighted your holiday experience exceeded your expectations, therefore inciting you to post your highly favourable and glowing comments on Trip Advisor. We consider your comments to be invaluable and enlightening.
Our loyal community and followers on Trip Advisor and other like-minded social media platforms will be encouraged by your review should they be coming/returning to our hotel in the near future or perhaps contemplating booking our hotel for the first time.
Your kind words were both inspirational and highly motivating for our staff members who strive tirelessly in all conditions in order to deliver to each and every one of our valued and respected guests an ultimate holiday experience. This is our ethos and the core values we adhere to.
We also thank you for your positive comments which were most heartening regarding our hotels facilities and public areas which you were most impressed with.

Your overall evaluation will be taken into consideration at our next General Management meeting with a view to further improve our services and facilities.
There was one minor criticism regarding the `Silence` adults pool which hope to resolve for winter 2014/15.

We would like to wish you a life full of good health, peace, happiness and prosperity. The Liberty Hotels Lara family looks forward to the day we welcome you back with open arms.

Mr Sebahattin Asi,
General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My sister and I wanted a relaxed holiday and that's what we got at the Liberty Hotel. The food was excellent and we really enjoyed our evening at the a la carte Italian restaurant.We were very impressed with the hardworking, helpful staff throughout the hotel as nothing was too much bother. The weather wasn't as hot as we thought it would be but during the day it was very pleasant. My advice would be to take your own hairdryer as as it was located in the bathroom so if someone is in the shower is difficult drying your hair in the damp atmosphere. I agree with the reviewer about the lack of full length mirrors but I did love the mirrored TV.
Our room didn't have much of a view but that didn't bother us as we were hardly in it during the day and it was too cold to sit out at night.
Thanks to all the staff, your hard work was very much appreciated!

Room Tip: Go for seaview or room overlooking the pool as the rooms on the other side (odd numbers) looks over...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Frances,

Looks like you and your sister had a wonderful time with us here at the Liberty Hotels Lara and we do appreciate your kind review.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the food and the restaurants but most importantly the service that was extended to you. It is our goal that each and every guest leaves with an exceptional experience, and we are glad that you were able to do just that. We'll take note of your suggestion in order to turn our guests' experience into a even better one.

Again, we thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Our Kindest Regards,
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Firstly I want to say that our time at the Liberty Hotel Lara Beach was fantastic. There was 16 of us in our party size, and this consisted of 5 families some with young children. So we were a large party with very different age ranges. Ranging from 7-70, and this hotel suited us perfectly as it covered all bases.
When we had first arrived there was some confusion over who was allocated to which room, and we were given one room less than we should have. But this was down to Thomson, who we had been back and forth with regarding the room issue before we even left the UK, and Thomson assured us not to worry about what ‘a piece of paper’ states. Well in our experience, do worry what a piece of paper says because otherwise names will be wrong, and rooms will not be right. Anyway, the first night we were given two presidential suites for the night as there were no available rooms until the next morning (so they said!). When we saw the presidential suites, we were extremely happy! Two very large rooms, including a living room, a walk in wardrobe and a decent sized bathroom with a Jacuzzi.

The first night we missed dinner due to the room confusion, but the next morning we were pleasantly surprised by the variety of food available for breakfast. Although the majority of food catered more towards the German market, with sausages that were not acquired to the English palate. However everyone ate and were pleased with the food. Now at this point we needed to sort out the room situation, and we were told by reception to wait in the lobby area. Whilst we were waiting we were alarmed when another visitor told us ‘I can’t wait to get home. The hotel is crap. The food is crap. This is the worst holiday of my life!’ whilst his two children were screaming! This gentleman’s comment really worried us, and made us have our backs up when we were trying to sort out the rooms. However the staff were amazing and allowed us to view the rooms before we accepted them. Compared to the presidential suite, these rooms were not grand – but they were perfect for what we need. Not grandly spacious, but how much time do you really want to spend in your hotel room whilst on holiday?! The room I personally had was shared by me and my partner on the 6th floor. The room was perfect for us, and faced the swimming pool so we got a lot of sun. It was early-mid April so we didn’t need the aircon, and the rooms are not that warm if you open the doors. The only downside to our room was that it was an adjoining room, so we could easily hear everything that was going on next door. Reception did offer to change our rooms but the ones available were on the 1st floor above the bar (which I could imagine would be noisy and had nothing on our 6th floor room.)

We could now begin our holiday with everyone in their own rooms, and we were willing to put all the kerfuflle behind us.

The first night at dinner, the waiter organised for us to have a table of 16 and we were so surprised by the quality of food. The salad, cheeses and breads were all fresh, and there was always something for someone! The outdoor BBQ and Thai food was good. But I can imagine if you go for longer than a week, this food getting a bit tiresome. Although I could have lived off there Turkish bread and Chicken Turkish Pizza (delish!!). But honestly, the food was lovely and surprised us all! We also went to the Italian restaurant, which to us, was not Italian. But it was tasty. Nothing amazing. But a nice restaurant to visit during your stay as there are 6 courses! Also the bar at the pool serves great food for lunch – you must try the fajitas! Another great food is the Pizza’s at lunch. They are cooked to order in front of you and the cheese used makes these so tasty! One flaw is that ice cream is only available during the lunch period, and it would be nice if you could grab an ice cream from around 11 until 5.

The hotel itself is lovely, and the staff are great. Although I do not believe this worthy of the status of a Thomson Platinum Hotel. But it is a really great hotel. The pools were lovely, although absolutely freezing! Luckily they opened the silent (warm) pool up for everyone. I would suggest they slightly heat all the pools in the colder months, and it was pretty impossible to swim in! Good job for the warm pool! (If you are a couple wanting a quiet holiday, then I suggest not using this hotel during term-time…it saves you moaning at the children for having fun!)

During our stay, I had organised my grandparents wedding vow renewal service with the hotel, which was a surprise for them. I had been in contact with Mustafa, the Guest Relations Manager, before our visit. He was absolutely brilliant and managed to keep the whole thing a secret for the duration of our stay! He even conducted the ceremony for us! He was great – and my family strongly believe that he makes the hotel. Mustafa greets the guests at the restaurant on the evenings he is working, and he is so friendly and caring! Mustafa and Ali, the Hotel Manager, really helped us pull off a surprise wedding vow renewal – and we will be eternally grateful for their help!

So overall, this hotel is great! It is perfect if you just want to get away and relax. We went at the perfect time (8th April-15th April) just before it gets busy. Although there was still a few bits closed, the water park was open and we could already see just how busy the hotel gets! The food is great, and the staff are fantastic! It has its flaws but overall this was a brilliant holiday…and that’s all thanks to Liberty Hotels Lara Beach.
Firstly I want to say that our time at the Liberty Hotel Lara Beach was fantastic. There was 16 of us in our party size, and this consisted of 5 families some with young children. When we had first arrived

Room Tip: Aim for a pool facing room, and also ask for rooms on the 5th or 6th floor. Room number 5112 onwards...
Merhaba (Hello) Amy.

Sincerest greetings and respects from everyone at the Liberty Hotels Lara.

We hope you and your family are all well, settled back in Hornchurch, Essex, UK and everyone is in good health.

We were deeply touched by your kind words praising our hotel`s facilities, staff members and of course your memorable, unforgettable wedding vow renewals we secretly staged on our private beach.

We are indebted to you for highlighting how every member of the Liberty Hotels Lara family played such an ımportant role as a collective unit, going beyond what is considered to be the norm to make a difference to your holiday experience. We are extremely thankful you have acknowledged and highlighted these qualities to all our loyal followers.

We also wish to take this opportunity in formally apologising to you for the regretful misunderstanding and confusion with regards to your room reservation on arrival. In this respect we hold our hands up and own up to our blunder and oversight.
Thank you for relaying on Trip Advisor that our reception staff fully rectified the anomaly the very next morning as we promised. Once again we apologise to you and your wonderful family wholeheartedly for the inconvenience you endured. You had every right to be annoyed yet you were dignified and composed.
You state our hotel has flaws which we are aware of, however we will give your review every consideration at the next management meeting.

With regards to the cuisine, we offer from our main buffet and other food outlets around the hotel an extensive `International` choice whereby our guests can sample a whole multitude of cuisines ranges from Asian, Italian, Turkish, Mexican etc. The produce on display is all home grown

Your kind words were both inspirational and highly motivating for our staff members who strive tirelessly in all conditions in order to deliver to each and every one of our valued and respected guests an ultimate holiday experience. This is our ethos, principals and core values we adhere to.
Thank you also for identifying various staff members who quite clearly impressed you and made a significant difference and contribution during your stay. We will be very happy to pass on your kind comments to those concerned. We would also like to mention the many unsung heroes who are also play a vitally important role behind the scenes in ensuring our guest’s holiday experience is met or in most cases exceeded.

The wedding vow renewal ceremony was planned with meticulous, military precision whilst we were holding secret meetings behind the scenes and not once did your Grandparents suspect what was about to evolve.
The moment your Grandparents stepped onto the beach and saw the ceremony venue with all your family members beautifully attired was very emotional yet jovial at the same time. We were so happy they enjoyed the occasion which can best be described as memorable.

You have paid us so many compliments; we therefore believe we extend the same courtesy to you and your family and friends. From our initial meeting, throughout your stay until the time it came to bid farewell, we shared a mutual affinity, respect and forged a special, unique relationship.

As our Hotels theme aptly states `Time to build friendships` we feel we can add another word which is `everlasting` to the theme.

We look forward to the day we welcome you back to the Liberty Hotels Lara for your first family wedding vow renewal anniversary, until then you will always be embedded in our hearts.

Liberty Hotels Lara will always be your extended family and your second home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from a week at Liberty Hotels Lara and we were really impressed. The hotel from the outside doesn't look as grand as any of its neighbours like the Baia Lara, the Delphin hotels, the Limak and others but on the inside it was a pleasure to be in. It is immaculately decorated and kept clean. Staff work round the clock and are always friendly and helpful without exception. The grounds, pools, windows, floors, and everything was spotless as expected of a 5-star resort hotel.

Our room was a large double which had a double bed plus a single bed and a very large and comfortable sofa bed which would have suited an adult. For two adults and two boys (12 and 8) it was perfect. At first the mini-bar wasn't working properly and it took three days to get it fixed. Not a problem as there were plenty of places in the hotel to get a drink anyway. Not much wardrobe space to be honest and a daily charge (2 TL) to use the room safe didn't seem right. The bathroom although compact was equipped with a hairdryer, loads of toiletries and an excellent shower over a bath tub.

The choice of food was immense on a daily basis with just enough variety for a week's stay. However, if it wasn't the additional outdoor options then we might have struggled. Luckily there were outdoor chef's everyday with barbecued, grilled, and fresh thai/chinese wok options. This was good for us as the indoor restaurant became disorganised and in disarray by 8pm so the service suffered quite a lot. The Yoruk Tent also served fresh pizza from 11am to 4pm. The Sunset Bar had burgers and chips from 2.30pm to 3.30pm (plus excellent desserts!) and there was a fried chicken bar which we never tried. All timings for food availability are clearly explained. There was a Fish restaurant but it was not open yet for the summer season.

Actually I'm going to stop there otherwise I could go on for ages. We found the beds on the firm side so didn't really sleep comfortably. Apart from that and the odd tweak here or there regarding food service I would say the hotel is excellent value for money. A classy place that's slightly smaller than most of its neighbours but almost perfectly formed.

I know the hotel management read the Trip Advisor reviews so I'll say a big Thank You to Mehmet (on reception) and of course to Mustafa for the warm welcome and hospitality. Plus to all the staff at the hotel for making our stay as enjoyable as it was. Keep striving to improve and keep smiling!

Room Tip: If you want separate space for kids then book a family or duplex room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Omer,

We hope you and your family are well and in good health.
Your praise for our hotel in just about every aspect of your stay was extremely complimentory.
We wish to highlight the aspects of your holiday which you felt we need to address or improve. We always strive to improve the quality standards within our Hotel to further improve or enhance our customers holiday experience. Your observations and feedback enables us to fully understand our customers requirements and what they expect from their holiday.
The mini-bar in your room was not working properly for three days before it was eventually put right? We hold our hand up and apologies to you in this respect as this is not acceptable therefore we are gratefu for your kind understanding and tolerance in this matter.
The wardrobes have all been modified during the renovations that took place in January & February. The interior designers felt this was the most appropiate design taking into consideration the room measurements etc. Hindsight I am sure you will agree is a wonderful thing and perhaps when re-designing the wardrobes, perhaps we should have asked the ladies for thier views and opinions? (men also).
The daily charge of 2 euro for the use of safety deposit boxes in your room is a chargeable facility which offers customers re-assurance and a peace of mind. It is correct to point out that in most other hotels along the Lara Beach coastline these are free, however they will charge for another facility in their hotel which would be free in ours. It is how you say `swings and roundabouts`.

You have very kindly highlighted the vast variety of food options available from the main buffett, also the numerous other outlets which have obviously impressed you. We are very proud that our Executive chef, Mr Salman and his team who deliver the wonderful and diverse options we offer our guests.

Once again, we thank you for bringing to our attention a few anomalies which we will endeavor to address and rectify. Likewise your praise for our hotel is overwhelming and we are grateful for your favourable and hortative comments you have kindly shared with our Global community.

We wish you and your family a wonderful life thus looking forward to the future whereby we will be honoured to welcome you back to our hotel with open arms.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've only been to Turkey once before and had stayed in Olu Deniz, Antalya was a first for me.
The other resort I have stayed in was amazing and I feel I have been spoilt by this, no matter where I go on holiday!
My first impressions were a bit.. mixed. on the one hand, the glass of Champagne whilst you wait to check in was welcome on the other, the check in process was a little frustrating, lots of information, they'd also changed our rooms around, so basically it was a suck and and see type approach to get to our rooms. The lifts, whilst visually impressive, are on the slow side and so getting up and down from the rooms is a bit annoying if you forget anything.

Rooms: I found these to be of reasonable size and very clean. Had problems getting the shower to work and when it did work, the bath tap was always on too; not a big deal and not one I could be bothered to moan about, but not right nonetheless.
The rooms have no full length mirror and they should. All the mirrors are a kind of bronze and it makes seeing quite difficult! the big mirror is also a TV which doesnt really work as a TV either. its flashy technology but I';m not sure it achieves what it hopes too. All that said, I couldnt complain about the rooms really. I found the bed to be comfortable. The air con was not very cool but was noisy so we slept with the door open, I imagine that this improves as the season does.

The pool / beach : The closest pool is called the silent pool and is meant for over 16's. This was enforced; i dont know if they do in the high season but I feel there was a bit of a flaw with the design here. its the closest pool to the toilets, the food, ice cream etc, kids and families are going to migrate there, they would have been better to have had the closest pool as the family pool. We didnt use the pools as we knew it would be cool due to early season - not the hotels fault.
The beach was lovely, cant fault that. We tended to spend our days down there and then going up to the PIzza place for lunch. I thought the pizzas were excellent, made to order and tasted great, cant fault it.

Food : The food was good, although a little repetitive. the selections of breads and cheeses were fantastic and the dessers, if you like them, are gorgeous. We also visited the Turkish a la carte restaurant. I expected this to be the buffet food served up but it wasnt, it was absolutely fantastic; 6 courses and wine, absolutely devine. If i go again, I would definitely visit the restaurant again and likely try out the Italian one. Bewarned, you do need to book.

Staff: extremely friendly and incredibly hard working. Pay attention and you will see your morning waiter somewhere else on the premises throughout the day. The staff work hard and mostly with a smile on their faces. The bar staff in the lobby are humerous, charming and entertaining. Most of the waiting staff were equally delightful although we noticed one or two days where they seemed a bit short of staff and stressed as a result.

The hotel is undergoing minor work to prep it for summer and i ahve to say that the bulk of this goes on discreetly in the background, it was certainly no bother to me.

Due to the early season the weather is not fantastic all the time and the evenings are chilly. in the summer i imagine much more of the evening entertainment goes on at the silent bar by the poolwhich would be very pleasant. Unfortunatly it was too cool for this so it largely happened in an inside bar on the ground floor. That wasnt our cup of tea, they had a kiddies disco each night and sport playing and it was where everything happened but because it was so concentratd it felt like a sports bar to me. Consequently everyone else sits in the hotel lobby where they have a good bar. Thats find, except atmosphere is lacking and you kind of feel like you are waiting to leave. This though, is a problem wiht this time of year, in the summer, i imagine you dont get this so much.
overall, if i wanted a holiday this time of year again for reasonable money and with pretty good weather, I'd definitely go back and I'd definitely stay at this hotel.

PS, we also had a problem with our door cards and had to visit reception several times, this seemed quite common as others had it too, frustrating and not sure what thats about!

Room Tip: Ask to be over looking the pool or beach and higher up is probably better. We were on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Yönetici at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Fuertelover,

On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you most sincerely for your extensive review of your stay at our hotel . We read how much you enjoyed your time with us with great pleasure, and we are sure that your information will be helpful for other travellers.

In particular, it is nice to read that you appreciated the food and the a la carte restaurant. It was of great importance to us to create feel-good moments for our valuable guests.

Feedback from a valued customer such as yourself is always well received, and we are extremely grateful for your advocacy and support of our hotel. Once again, we thank you for your detailed comments, and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Liberty Hotels Lara Team

Been to Liberty Hotels Lara? Share your experiences!