“Very good all-inclusive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Hotels Lara

Save Saved
You added Liberty Hotels Lara to your Saves list
Liberty Hotels Lara
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii Kundu Bolgesi, Lara, Antalya 07235, Turkey (Formerly Hotel Lara Beach )   |
Ranked #4 of 225 hotels in Antalya
Edmonton, Canada
“Very good all-inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked at the Liberty Lara for 15 nights, travelling independently, i.e., not with an air/hotel package. In view of the modest rate, I did not hold very high expectations but was pleasantly surprised. It is a very good all-inclusive resort.

First, the room. The room I was given was adequate, although with a sub-standard bed. It was rather small but this was compensated by a pleasant sea-view balcony.

Second, the hotel facilities (pools, loungers, bars, resturants, beach access) are fully satisfactory and were not taxed by a too high number of patrons. I was there in April however and I would guess that the situation may be different in high season. The only shortcoming was the decision of the hotel, for some unknown reason, not to use all their canopies over the loungers on the beach. This limited the access to the beach for patrons who are UV Ray shy.

Third, the range of activities was rather limited, but this did not seem to affect the more mature guests, such as myself, and the kids seem to have had plenty to do.

Finally, the food. There are a number of eating venues and that provided variety. The quality and range of food choice offered in the main dining room was truly excellent. I have visited all-inclusive resorts in number of countries (Costa Rica, Mexico, Morocco, to name three), and the Liberty Lara ranks ahead of them, with the exception of those that fall in the Luxury class. My assessment of the food offered at the Liberty Lara is "excellent".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Director of Sales at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Your positive feedback is a great honor for us. We hope to see you again in near future. Please follow us on our facebook page. Untill then safe travels.

1,874 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ok guys so around 6 weeks ago I booked us in with some friends for a weeks all inc at this hotel. First visit to Turkey.

Basically I booked it after reading reviews on tripadvisor about the hotel, at the time it was rated the 5th best hotel in Lara beach!

So, on the lead up to the holiday I was disappointed to see that the hotel slipped to 6th, 7th and then 8th position! Though, being a realist, out of 223 hotels this is still good!

Off we go, booking is through First Choice/ thomsons. We had a double room, partial sea view and I'd paid for a late check out room. Total £700 for 2 adults from birmingham. (16th-23rd April)

We arrived at 10pm, no flower :-( but plenty of fizzy wine :-) , we had a couple of beers then headed into the restaurant where we had a bite to eat. We weren't that hungry as we'd picked up a meal deal at Boots in the airport for on the plane.

First impressions of the room were good, and I now know what is meant by a partial sea view! The part of the sea we could see was over and beyond the neighbouring hotel. (Baia Lara) it wasn't a problem as we spent very little time in the room.
Bathroom very small for a 5*hotel, but functional.
Good maid service and mini bar was filled every day.

Prior to arrival I had e mailed the hotel requesting 2 rooms together, on a high floor and away from noises building work and service alley, as these seemed to be the main gripes on the latest reviews! We were allocated rooms 7136 & 7138, both on the seventh floor overlooking the Baia Lara as previously stated. We could hear the air conditioning from this hotel if our patio door was open and also the bins being emptied at 9am every morning. Rooms on the other side of the hotel would have the same issues but with the liberty lara hotels air con & bins, sadly this is always a problem where ever you go in the world and it didn't bother us too much ( same can't be said for child in next room waking at 8 am every morning, or, indeed the mother that screamed at it for 15mins everyday!!)
Lovely sunshine on the balconies in the late afternoon.

Wasn't aware of anymore existing or new building works.

Restaurant was manic most days for all meals. Struggled to find a table set with correct cutlery and crockery most times but a swift nod to the lovely waiters soon put it right.

Food was repetitive ( yes folks, I know what you're thinking......... It always is! )
We ate something different every day ( you decide what goes on your plate,) we mostly ate outside at breakfast and in the evening had fresh...hot... Food from the bar be que or stir fry from the wok.

At lunch time we had pasta from the silence bar, with salad from the restaurant, or pizza from the Yoruk tent. If we were late eating we had snacks from the sunset pool bar and a sweet pancake from the Yoruk tent ( these are the best thing ever!)

It was quite confusing to start with which bars served what and what times they were open but I assume they'll all be open in the high season?

Salad was lovely, fresh and ample choice of different ingredients. The choice and quality of the breads at every meal was outstanding.

And dessert? .......... Don't get me started, suffice to say I've managed to put on half a stone in a week!

As previously mentioned in other reviews the staff are second to none! Nothing is too much trouble and they always have a smile and make eye contact with you when they pass you. A special mention goes to Kenny, Mehmet Ali & Elvis to name a few, also the small girl in the bar with the unpronounceable name beginning with "d" !

The hotel is clean but is starting to show its age, ( I was worried when I read about the hallway carpets! Please don't be, we'd been there about 3 days when I remembered these comments so they can't be THAT bad!)

Can't comment on entertainment inside the hotel because we didn't bother!

We joined in a couple of outside events which were pretty standard stuff for foreign holidays, except for the team of guys n gals that organised them were fab.

We went to the Italian a la carte, this was really nice food and even better, we didn't have to dodge the pre schoolers at the buffet!
We were so impressed that we booked and paid for the Turkish a la carte a couple of days later as an extra ( cost 5 euro each) This was also very good.

There's not a lot to do around the resort but we hadn't gone for that, we just wanted a good rest, which is what we had.

One day we took the bus to Antalya for 1 euro, bus was packed but fun.
And anther day we had a ride in a speed boat to the water falls. Expensive but, negotiate with the crew for a better deal.

Overall.....
Don't be worried by the negative things, go with a positive outlook. Think about what you've paid, was it worth it? Seriously, what would you expect for £350? If it sounds too good to be true....it probrably is! But......not in this case! We more than had our monies worth for what we paid!
We had a fabulous first time experience in Turkey and decided that the accommodation was as good, if not better than the 5* accommodation we've previously had in the Canaries and the staff were much much better!

Outside areas are amazing! They are beautifully kept and very pretty a credit to all.

TOP TIPS: we never felt the need to tip waiters and bar people but because they were all really good we did occasionally, don't feel obliged, they will still serve you but reward good service like us and they'll serve you quicker!

Have a Turkish bath.......this was amazing, relaxing and soothing

If I had to give a star rating to this hotel it would be a decent 4*, if the hotels owners wanted to improve then I'd suggest a bit of a makeover in the rooms, on the landings and in the public areas but the main thing I would suggest is a complete re think re the restaurant. No five star resort should have a scrum in their restaurant and this is what was happening 3 times a day! Rude people wandering round aimlessly, walking into others diners and children running amok. It was like an assault course hence our choice of lunch time dining and use of the a la carte!

These views are purely my views and I appreciate others may not see things how I do, but by and large we had a fab holiday and it was worth every penny we paid. Would we go back? Damn right we would, maybe in a couple of years and if the management would like anymore input on our visit they are welcome to contact me personally.

Room Tip: E mail the hotel direct and ask for a quiet room on a high floor for view and peace & quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzy,
Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in overall. We will renovate our rooms and main areas in next winter. We hope you will like it in your next visit. We hope to see you again and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any special requests. Untill then safe travels.
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I think the record needs to be set straight here. Perhaps people get intoxicated by the champagne on arrival and start hallucinating, as this hotel doesn’t match what most people are saying, in my opinion. It’s certainly not a five-star hotel, the lobby is amazing with the lighting and the lifts and most of the food is good quality and most of the staff are excellent, but our room had worn furniture, worn flooring and the carpets on the landings were in bad condition (see photos). Parts of the building were in serious need of repair (see photos); there was severe mould on a walkway that was only 20 feet from the Greek restaurant. There are some serious health and safety issues (see photos). Open plug sockets outside!!! Only feet away from a swimming pool! At the top of a walkway, at a toddler’s arm height! Perhaps they were asleep during school when the physics teacher said water and electricity don’t get on together very well. If the sockets aren’t functional, why are they there?? Scary! On arrival the receptionist seemed completely disinterested, not bothering to look at me. Just because you’ve done the same thing with 10,000 former guests you should be treated as though you’re the first, it’s basic customer care. Not a good start! The rooms were 3 star at best, with worn flooring, worn furniture and the shower was a dribble. The courtesy mini-bar is good though and the maid service is very good. The food was mostly excellent, with a wide range of food to choose from. It didn’t stop me getting a stomach bug though, with a few days remaining. I noticed a lot of the staff weren’t wearing gloves, maybe this would explain my illness?? The outside buffet is very good, you have to try the chicken spaghetti! The man serving was a bit rude. I hadn’t used the outdoor buffet before and wasn’t sure what to do. He thrust a plate at me and pointed at the vegetables. Charming! Most of the staff are very helpful and you get some table service, which doesn’t normally happen with an all inclusive holiday. The entertainment was excellent, I never felt bored and the compare kept everyone involved. The hotel is located a 20 minute bus ride from Antalya and is in a bit of a ghost town, with just a few shops nearby. The beach is OK and well worth a stroll along to look at some of the spectacular (doubtless better!) hotels nearby. The pools are excellent with arguably five-star furniture. I didn’t expect five-star, for the price we paid, but it’s misleading for it to be rated five stars by Thomson. If you’re looking for five-star luxury you’ll be disappointed. I still enjoyed the holiday overall, despite everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you so much for your review.However, there are some points not being ethic in your comments that we must mention.We welcome all of our guests coming to our hotel with champange and flowers because this is for Turkish hospitability.This
welcoming isn't meant as you mentioned.Secondly, You took the photos of some areas of our hotel by zooming and said that the hotel is old.We would like you to know that renovating of our hotel is scheduled.Also You mentioned about the Greek restaurants
but we do not have a Greek restaurant (???)

Hope we welcome you again to make your stay more comfortable in near future.

Kind Regards,

Sebahattin ASI
Hotel Manager
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Liberty Lara 25th January for 2 weeks and can honestly say it's one of the few fortnights we didn't get tired of the choice of food. There was plenty to chose from and the fresh stir-fry station (where you select your own raw ingredients) was superb...
The weather was OK for that time of year, though I would recommend taking some jumpers etc.
There are free cocktails and Elvis the head barman was fun and friendly to everyone.
We were told that they were planning to refurbish the hotel this year, so any comments about slightly dated furnishings should be sorted soon.
We had afternoon sun in room 6124, with a side sea view and were fascinated to watched the re-roofing of the Baia Hotel next door.
The Lara area is more-or-less a straight road with hotels and shopping malls, but the bus into Antalya Town runs frequently and is really cheap, though does get crowded (but that adds to the fun)!
All in all a lovely break - thanks Liberty Lara :-)

Room Tip: 6124 was high enough to be quiet, with afternoon sun, however it's not far from the lifts so doe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Director of Sales at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback on our food and staff! As a leisure guest, it is an honor to know we have your approval. We hope during your next visit in summer you will have the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful beach and pool areal! Until then, safe travels.
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Liberty Hotel Lara Beach for 7 nights in April 2013, on a cheap last minute break booked through First Choice.
On arrival I was handed a rose as a welcome gift, and we were directed straight to the restaurant to have dinner before check in. We were then greeted in our room by an ice bucket containing a bottle of sparkling wine, a bottle of red wine and a fruit plate - a great first impression.
We had a fantastic double room on the 5th floor with a great view over the resort's pools and out to sea. The curved shape of the building meant our room had an extra large balcony which we loved. The room was immaculate and our maid refilled our (free) minibar with water, soft drinks and beers everyday, as well as decorating our bed with petals, which was a nice touch.
The resort's facilities were excellent with a main restaurant, two a la carte restaurants and two casual eateries open at the time we visited. More bars and restaurants were opening up whilst we were there as the summer season kicked off. The swimming pools were amazing and the waterslides good fun. The gym was basic but functional, and the Turkish bath area with treatment rooms and indoor pool very nice. There was low key organised entertainment available each day, although we did not participate.
We thought the food was excellent with both Turkish and international food available. The main restaurant offered a vast buffet 3 times a day, plus we tried the lunchtime pizza restaurant and the Turkish a la carte one evening - both also very good.
The hotel is located right on the beach, in a line of similar hotels stretching right along Lara Beach. Behind the hotels there is a path along the main access road, which had many shops - mainly selling fake designer goods.
We were very impressed with the Liberty Hotel and believe we received excellent value for money. The hotel itself was not necessarily what we would think of as 5 star (when compared to Dubai/London/New York etc.) but was definitely a 4 star plus property, which was perfect for us for a beach holiday destination. We would whole heartedly recommend the hotel to our family and friends.

Room Tip: We were in 5104 which had an extra large balcony and excellent sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you so much for your incredibly kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy our hotel and staff so much. It is an honor to host you over your leisure stays. We look forward to your next visit! Until then, safe travels.
(Seamill) Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just spent a week at Lara second visit as stayed there last year (June) and loved it.What has been said before is all true,,bits and bobs of maintenance required here and there but clean, friendly, good atomosphere and ambience within the hotel as it is small at only 900 people when full which in comparison to some of the hotels in antalya which hold thousands (cattle market springs to mind).Anyway Mustafa thomsom rep very good and helpful and most approachable.Elvis and Amutu in the sunset also great company all day long.All in all we love so much so we are going back june 25th (3rd visit) with whole family party of eleven.Cant wait, Duplex rooms highly advisable if you can get worth the extra if young teens you are travelling with.Weather fab.

Room Tip: Duplex with sea view for sun in evening have stayed on both sides of hotel now laterely (8111) good...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for your kind feedback on our staff. Our team works hard every day to provide our guests with the most comfortable and enjoyable stay possible so they will be happy to hear their dedication paid off during your visit. We are happy to have the opportunity to host you again in June. Until then, safe travels!
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We went for 2 weeks during the Easter holidays there was 4 adults and 4 kids in our group and we all had a wonderful time at the liberty. I cant find any fault with this hotel the staff were all pleasant and went out their way to help the food was amazing and always plenty of variety the cake and bread counter was the best I have ever seen, the food in the Turkish and Italian a la carte restaurants were both lovely and well presented. The kids loved all the different flavoured ice creams from the patisserie. The entertainment team were good with the kids and always got the adults involved too. Tanya Oscar and Hulk were great teaching the kids gang ham style.
We were all sad on leaving and cant wait to return

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you and enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be accommodating. We greatly appreciate your recommendation as it is the highest compliment our guests can pay us. Safe travels!

Been to Liberty Hotels Lara? Share your experiences!