“Probably the worst hotel ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Hotels Lara

You added Liberty Hotels Lara to your Saves list
Liberty Hotels Lara
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii Kundu Bolgesi, Lara, Antalya 07235, Turkey (Formerly Hotel Lara Beach )   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Extra Discount
Ranked #2 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
LONDON
“Probably the worst hotel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from this guest house! It is not a 5 star platinum hotel more like 2 stars. When you arrive the impression is good. A nice lobby with exposed lifts charging up and down. Then you get out of the lift on your way to your room and see the pure filth in the carpet and the first impression starts to fade. The room was OK and clean, although the bathroom stank. The balcony was tiny not really room for 2 to sit in comfort. there were lots of kids there running amock but I do not blame them or the hotel for this. The problem was the parents who seem to think from the moment they arrived their kids were someone else's problem, and boy were they ever! I think the rep. should include a short statement in the welcome meeting about the control of children for safety and other guests comfort. The rep. himself was a bit on the weird side but friendly enough. The food is disgusting. Same menu night after night and cold. This is the only holiday I have ever been on where I lost weight! It was just not edible at all. We dreaded going in for lunch or dinner and hardly ate anything. What I did eat one day made me violently ill! They do not keep the food at the correct tyemperature, in fact one day i saw the hot plate display OFF when they still had food on it to serve and this was not at the end of the session at all. I also do not believe they wash their food properly. As the hotel is very much isolated there is no alternative so one picks at the food and then goes to the shop to fill up on crisps and chocolate. We never found any snacks at all. They were supposed to be in the Jasmine restaurant in the afternoon for an hour but everytime we went there there was a tape over the door saying restaurant closed. I am horrified, but not surprised, at some of the responses from the management on this site. It was just forbidden to complaint at all. If any service cannot take constructive comments on board and put them right then they have no place in the service industry. The same was face to face with them. They were rude and not obliging at all. However the other staff were fine. I fully expect a silly reply to this post. Finally I have no idea where all the positive reports have come from. Everyone we spoke to could not wait to get home. Correctly named, taking Liberty with my money!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like you to know that every guest we welcome in our hotel is very valuable for us.You are valuable for us, too. Even if you see our answers for the comments as silly.We want to tell you our opinions about your comments.

If you have a look for the answers we have written for the negative and positive comments of our guests as hotel management, you will see that we feel sorry and accept the negative sides of us and we mentioned that our guests are right .We agree with your comment that our hotel needs renovation and we would like to say that we are going to renovate our hotel at the end of this year.
We wish you had informed us about your other negative comments and gave us a chance to make you more happy while you were here . We hope we have a chance again to welcome you in our hotel because we have an opportunity to show you all our HACCP registrations for food products saving from 2005 till now and the reports and awards of the important Health and safety firms such as National Britainia.

Kind Regards,

Sebahattin ASİ
Hotel Manager
Liberty Hotels Lara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a great place! I spent 6 days at Liberty Lara with my sweetheart and it was the best vacation that I ever had. We had a sea view room with a balcony that was clean and a nice size. My only complaint about the room is the TV. The best part about this place is the people. Parna, Kenny, Zeret(sp), Oscar, Ibrahim and all the other people there were just great to deal with. I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: get a reservation for the Italian ala-cart restaurant early.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Director of Sales at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Amir,
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We could not be more pleased to read about your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you had a nearly perfect stay. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff who helped make your visit so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed all incl for the first ever time we have done as I'm a totally English girl with food, but having said that I never went hungry.
The omellete for breakfast we lovely with toast after can't fault. Lunch I only had cheese & bread, they even brought me some cheddar out.

Can't. Fault any of the staff they were there whenever you wanted them there.
Another 1st for us we went with thomson's amazing, well organised trips which included lunch on the full day one.
Hotel is clean the beach isn't far past the swimming pools
If there was a downside it would be the bedrooms not 5* but clean & comfy.

They have a room which they put films on in the evening as well as other entertainment.

If you go on the trip to Antalya don't show any interest in the jewery store on the way back they are very------- pushy and extortionate prices to match! A ring I liked was €9000! And they were pushing me I to having it until my hubby told them!!! You have been warned.

I would rate this hotel as a 4* not 5 But with a few tweeks it could be upgraded.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Director of Sales at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback and recommendation. It is an honor to be considered you have the best holiday ever with us. It sounds like you particularly enjoyed Thomson trips. We hope to see you again in the near future! Until then, safe travels.
Llanberis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was so doubtful about a visit to Turkey but completely unfounded. People around the area & all the staff in the hotel are so friendly & helpful always showing an interest in where you come from.
It was a quick decision break of a week & it came-up so cheap with Thomson. So we weren`t expecting much for the money we paid for all inclusive. What a pleasant surprise, OK its not a 5 star as advertised but what it is, is clean comfortable lovely staff good choice of food good bar service. It was a lovely break for a week & I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend it or come back to this hotel. The grounds are quite big with lots for kids around the various pools & an indoor heated pool surrounded with sunbeds & plenty of free towels & bottled water. We were there the 12th Mar/19th Mar. unfortunately not the best of weather it was quite cold & only had a couple of days of sunshine for sitting under the sun but what can you expect for this time of year, it`s not the Caribbean. One thing I noticed was that if you laughed & joked with the staff they would be the same with you & greeted you each time as if they had known you for years.
Pity some of the other visitors were so dour & wouldn`t even smile they don`t know what they are missing. Once again thanks for a lovely welcome.

Dear Welshnames,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay overall and were particularly impressed with our staff, food and beverage options and guest rooms! We will be sure to share your many compliments with our team. Our slogan is '' Time to build friendship '' and according to your review we have managed it well. Hope to see you again at Liberty Hotels Lara again. Untill then, safe travels.
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

On arrival the checkin was fairly quick with the amount of guests that arrived.
We were pointed to the restaurant but had already closed for the evening. It closes at 2100 but opens again at 2300 for snacks.

Room
The room was adequate for our stay. It was clean and tidy and was cleaned daily by room service. We had brought hangers with us (there didnt appear to be many in the wardrobe)
There is no aircon this time of year so you can leave the balcony door a jar. The only issue is the noise. There is alot of noise from the neighbouring hotels generator (bahia lara). You will also be woken very early by the refuge collections.

The buffet appears to serve alot of food which should cater for all. The service is a little hit and miss. I think my bug bear was the slop trolley pushed around collecting plates, utensils and food waste whilst you were eating rather than taking the plates away to a designated area.
We did have have a bad experience at the turkish a la carte.
Although the service was excellent and food was nice my wife was ill for 24hrs and had to stay in the room. As this happened on our first full day at the hotel it seemed to put a bit of a dampener on any further food that she ate.

Bar area.

Being all inclusive they do have drinks to cater for all. If you want premium you pay but the local brands are okay. I think my only gripe was that they didnt include rum. Not even a local brand. After staying at another five star in turkey last month I was suprised as they served rum there so this must be a hotel policy.
The service was good and the staff worked very hard.

Overall the hotel I dont feel warrents being a five star but a four star. Little things seem to let it down as already mentioned.
The hotel is well overdue for an upgrade to bring it back up to scratch as there is far too much competion now from neighbouring grander hotels.

Would I come back probably not. We preferred beldibi where we stayed last month or would try a 5 star hotel in lara beach

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lovely hotel, not much to look at from the outside but nice inside. Food too much to choose from. Staff exceptional, couldn't do enough for ya. Rooms nice and clean. If I went again I would ask for a room on the right hand side of hotel. Sun is in your room in the afternoon when u sit on the balcony. Rep mustafa (Thomson) was very good. NB if u smoke tobacco get it at the airport before u go as they don't sell it there. I think I might take dollars or euros if I went again. The trips are good to Anatalya 1/2 day and manavgat market and waterfall is lovely also u get a boat trip up the river and lunch. I would recommend the Turkish bath and relaxing massage. Also the mans Turkish shave is exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for room on right side of hotel. Better view and sun in the afternoon.
Dear Diane,
Thank you for your review! Coming from such an experienced traveler, we are especially appreciative of your complements on our hotel and staff. It sounds like you particularly enjoyed our friendly staff. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Aantalya. Until then, safe travels
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

After already stayed at this hotel previously I was aware of all the facilities it had to offer

Arrived mid afternoon and was greeted with sparkling wine and a flower smooth check in until it came to passwords for internet .previously you could use any device in the lobby.
My daughters were on a working holiday and needed the internet
Both had laptops and mobiles and only one device per person .It caused a lot of problems as the internet was intermittent

Room was clean and compact after all your only sleeping in it
Could of done with more coat hangers 10 in total for 2 weeks and 3 women
Maid service excellent

Mini bar serviced everyday ,although we did initially have a few problems as he felt he would come into the room while my daughters were sleeping and deliberately wake them up even though the do not disturb sign was on the door
After speaking to our rep this was rectified

A la carts were excellent and are well worth a visit

Building work at the Bahia Lara next door was horrendous constant power drills banging scaffolding been erected and taken down constantly some mornings as early as 7am and going on till 8 pm or later
Feel that we should of been told of the constant noise as this spoiled the atmosphere by the pool as you had to shout to make anyone here what you were saying.

Food in restaurant was good but it did become a bit repetative
Did feel that it was understaffed and it took a while for you to get the waiters attention .but the service you did finally get was excellent
Downside was the dress code ,for a 5 star hotel I feel that you should make an effort for your evening meal ,shorts flip flops and vest tops are not acceptable. It has a picture outside stating none of the above on evening but there was no one to stop this happening
Also unsupervised children touching food then returning it ,children sat on the restaurant floor eating in front of the pizza counter.Where are the parents?

Bar service was great and the boys really tried to make your holiday enjoyable .A big thank you to Kenny, Jet Lee and Abrahum for there constant attentiveness

Entertainment was a little poor although the entertainment team did really try to make you get involved

Spa and pool were good as we would go swimming each day in the indoor pool then go for a sauna
Gym was okay although a lot of the equipment was broken .

Generally the hotel has lost some its style and needs to in prove its facilities to keep up with the newer hotels that are springing up around it having stayed here before I was surprised how far standards have dropped .
It was good to meet up with friends we had previously met here but all have decided we will be going to another hotel next year
A good holiday had by all but needs degrading to a 4 star

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all Liberty Hotels Lara staff ,i thank you so much for your time to post this review. Your comments are very important for us to improve some tips to do our best for all our guests.

We are very sorry because your daughter did not have a nice holiday because of internet problems.You are right about this because we had some problems about internet connection in past weeks. Thats why we moved our standard Wi-fi quality into fiber internet which is 10 times faster than Standard one.

A nother negative comment you posted was about works in the next hotel, i wish you asked us a room change servise.. If you had did , we would have changed your room to other side. Also we would like you to know that The works in the next hotel was finished at the beggining of March

Finally It would be happiness for all Liberty Hotels Lara team , if we welcome you in here again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sebahattin ASİ
Hotel Manager
Liberty Hotels Lara

Been to Liberty Hotels Lara? Share your experiences!