“Nice to stay there, boring in winter!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Hotels Lara

You added Liberty Hotels Lara to your Saves list
Liberty Hotels Lara
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii Kundu Bolgesi, Lara, Antalya 07235, Turkey (Formerly Hotel Lara Beach )   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Extra Discount
Ranked #2 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Antalya, Turkey
“Nice to stay there, boring in winter!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We spend 2 nights in this hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday. At reception, we were told that our room was not ready by the promised time and the type of room we requested (facing the sea) was not assigned to us; my husband ended up arguing with a very amateur receptionist who was quite rude at us, what a celebration! My husband requested to be attended by other member of the staff, who did know how to solve our problem.

Once at the room, we found it very nice and clean, with a very romantic but not long enough rounded bed that turn out to be not that comfortable (the matress was funny and my husband feet were almost hanging). The restaurant had the basic meals although the waiters were always very attentive. You can find wifi in the reception lounges and the bars near them, thanks God because there were no many things to do since weather was terrible and the activities for boring guests are unexistent. In general, the experience was ok, with shades of gray.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your review about Hotel Lara Beach on TripAdvisor.
Our Executive Housekeeper has been informed of your comment in regards to your room not being ready by the time you were here, and he sincerely apologises about this and would like to asure you that this did not happen in the summer, all rooms were ready by our check in time which is 14:00 (usually all over the world it is 15:00). When you came which was according to our records the start of april, we had new staff starting at the front Office, which obviously is no excuse for unprofessionalism as they are learning the system, as not all hotels have the same reservations system. Most of our Honeymooners really love the room that you were allocated. They often ask for the same room when they come back, and if it is available we can offer it to them. You will be happy to know that we installed a new Wifi aerial in the Lobby that offers all guests wireless Access to the internet, however if you dont have a device to go onto the internet, then there is an internet cafe located in our Select Bar. Perhaps we could see you in the summer for a week or 2 then you can see how our entertainment team make everyone smile non-stop!
Email us: gr@hotellarabeach.com for any requirements that you may have.

The Hotel Lara Beach Team
“Be Ready for the change. As of 01/01/2012, Hotel Lara Beach will continue service with the
new name, Liberty Hotel Lara Beach.”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

After reading the many positive reviews, I decided to stay this hotel, but after the 1 week holiday, well, I'm not sure if my holiday was good or not.

Negative experiences to me:
- When I checked in the hotel, the lady in the reception was not helpful at all. When I asked a question, her face was as if saying "Don't bother me, because another person is waiting after you". When her English was difficult to understand and asked her to say once again, her face was almost angry.
- The selection of the food was very poor. Yes, they have some a la carte restaurant, but it was very difficult to make a reservation.
- Generally, the service of the staffs were very poor. Especially in the restaurant, when I was walking with my hands occupied, no any single waiters gave me a way and they were almost hit me if I didn't change my way!
- The number of beach chairs were not enough at all, and I needed to wake up early every morning to keep the space.
- Attraction after the dinner was very poor. Not suitable for the children. Actually the next hotel (forgot the name) looks much much better, with big pool, live music, fun park...
- Actually the live music from the next hotel was very noisy even in the night. Difficult to sleep before the midnight because of this noise.
- Amenity in my bathroom was not enough and never refilled.

Positive experiences:
- Well..... what????? Difficult to recall.

All in all, it was for sure over priced and I just felt this is a 3-star service and facility.
Do you recommend to others? Most probably not.
Do you come back? No, never!

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies in regards to your expectations not being met at our hotel. We will pass on your comments to the rest of the team members here as it is very important for us to know your comments and suggestions.
Up until now we have got a high number of comments stating that our staff members are friendly and helpful,. We dont believe that the female reseptionist would think like that, as you are also our guest, and you are in line to be served.. but we apologise if you think otherwise .The restaurant staff are very busy at time to time, but this does not excuse any miscourtousness, for this we apologise sincerely. There are usually empty sunbeds on the beach throughout the day, if you had brought this matter up with a member of staff whilst in resort, then we would of organised a sunlounger for you and your family. The Hotel next door yes does have a funfair, but we have one of the largest pools in the area, live music 3 times a week and daily entertainment. With this you have mentioned that you could not sleep because of the volume of music being played in our neighbouring hotels. We are sorry to hear this but unfortunately this is out of our hands.
Once again we sincerely apologise for you not having a magical time with us. We would however like to see you again with us at Hotel Lara Beach. Email us if you decide to come in advance: gr@hotellarabeach.com and we will cross the borders to make you have a wonderful time with us

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have read some of the reviews and was a little nervous about going seems as we had booked it a year in advance. Well I certainly had nothing to worry about! I travelled with my husband and 8 year old son and we all had a great time.
Yes I agree whilst the hotel looks small and unimpressive compared to its neighbours, it certainly didnt disappoint. The hotel's mission statement is "time to build friendships" and all of the staff work hard to maintain this.
Food - those of you who havesaid that the food was repetitive - rubbish. You must of been the ones queuing up day after day for the chips and spag bol! There was a wide range of buffet food for both lunch and dinner and every day there was something different being freshly cooked on the outside grill. You also had the Yoruk tent for pizza and pancackes (which my son throughly enjoyed not only watching them make the food fresh but filling his face after!) from the set menu's and the pool bars. The desserts were to die for and you had loads of choice and the fresh fruit was always topped up. You also had icecream for the kids available in the afternoons. The extra little touches was the "melon man" as we called him who would come roundthe pool and beach area in the morning and afternoon with fresh melon, carrots, cucumbers and the "sweetcorn man" who would do the same in the afternoon with freshly cooked corn on the cob. There was also the "frozen flannel man" who would bring round frozen lemon scented flannels to keep you cool.
Drinks - plenty of choice. Okay so not a lot of home brands but the alternatives was just a nice. Cocktails were available and "jungle juice" was lovely. The beer available was Tuborg or Carlsberg. A big shout out to Ali in the sunset bar who was excellent and kept your dinks topped up continually. There was also cold chocolate milkshakes for the kids and slush puppy type drinks. For those who said no one ever asked for a refill in the lobby bar, well I never once experienced that. They always asked us and others around us.

Cleanliness - hotel was spotless and the staff work tirelessly around the clock to make sure it is kept that way. Our maid kept our room clean, kept our mini fridge and coffee/tea topped up and make some great art work with towels and flowers on our beds. Food areas were always clean and the waitors/waitresses were always clearing tables to ensure there was plenty of seating available.

Entertainment - fab! The entertainment team were great. Unlike other hotels they were never up in your face trying to get you to join in all the time. They did a main game in the pool in the morning and their trademark dance then the pool would be your own. There was all sorts of activities running throughout the day for everyone. We had different entertainment for the whole two weeks we were there. From the chinese circus, Turkish Night, fire and laser show on the pier, gala night, bands and singers. The list goes on. The best evening was having the opportunity to share the celebrations for the end of ramadam. The hotel went out to include everyone, setting up tables in the gardens, a stage for entertainment, ice sculptures and fireworks. We were privelidged to have been a part of that, it was great. The effort all the staff put in was amazing. Thank you.

The beach was lovely and the sea nice and warm. You also had a big sea turtle who would turn up at the pier late afternoon to feed on the barnacles. Which was great to see. Tip - wear your flip flops down as the sand gets very hot. Pools were great, there are slides for the kids, a large main pool, childrens pool and a adults only pool with jacuzzi. Whilst the hotel was at full capicity the pool space is so immense that you had loads of room and there seemed like there was barely anyone using it!

The only minor thing would be that you could not book late checkout in advance, you take pot luck on the day. Some people got it, some didnt. We were the lucky ones to get it until 4pm but its worth asking a couple of times as I asked a lady she said nothing available and yet my husband asked someone else an hour later and we got it. If you dont have it there is a spa which you can use - there is a shower and sockets for straightners etc. You just have to time it right. There is room to put your cases but you have to carry your money and passports with you.
In summary we had a super time, the food was lovely but most importantly the staff were fantastic. The management team were always visible and were asking for feedback, ideas and suggestions all the time. I promise you, you will have a fab time. We certainly didnt want to come home :-(

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for writing such an extensive review about our animation team, our sea turtles, the room and the environment that our hotel is in, as well as the most talked about cocktail “Jungle Juice” as well as all the other nice things you have mentioned in your review about Hotel Lara Beach on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you again very soon.
Liberty Hotel Lara Beach Team.
"Be ready for the change. As of 01/01/2012, Hotel Lara Beach will be Serving under the new name, "Liberty Hotel Lara Beach".
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Amazing! simply amazing! this hotel will keep you entertained all day & night! I'm already planning my next visit and i just came back! I LOVED IT! loved the staff! and ohh the animation team are the BEST!

Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for writing your opinion on Hotel Lara Beach on TripAdvisor.
We are eagerly waiting to see you again so we can make you smile and laugh all night, and all day once again!
Abertridwr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Had a fantastic time.With the help of Melek in the hotels customer relations I upgraded the room to Duplex which was well worth money.
All the staff were friendly and helpfull but have to mention Mustafa who made our day in the pier cabana perfect a lovely man and a perfect gentleman.You have to hire the cabana it`s a great day being spoilt with the waiter service.
The food was great something for everyone with the choice of a la carte restaurants as well.You have to try the freshly cooked stir fry,stunning.
We were lucky enough to be there for the Turkish bank holiday for which the hotel put on a gala night which was awesome,the food ,the live band the whole experience was perfect.
The sunbeds ,well we went down about 9 to 9.30 and had no problem either by the pool,on the beach or on the pier,can`t understand getting up at the crack of dawn for a sunbed your supposed to be on holiday relaxing.
All in all we had great time and would recommend the hotel to anyone for great holiday.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can to a Duplex room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review about Hotel Lara Beach on TripAdvisor.
Melek sends her regards, and looks forward to seeing you soon. Melek actually
works in the reservations dept, but was more than happy to help with any quiries.
we are really happy that you had a fantastic time with us on holiday and at the Gala. The Gala on the Turkish Bank Holiday was absolutely amazing, a huge success and we would like to say thank you for sharing the celebrations with us.

We cannot wait to offer you the finest Turkish Hospitality there is again.

Yerevan, Armenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The nicest aspect of this hotel is the customer care. Bravo. Every problem we had was solved courteously and promptly.
We were impressed with the kids' animation (thank you Berfen, Junior) and the animation in general.
Food was of good quality and diverse.
Pool facilities and beach were clean and sufficient for our family needs.
The spa/massage was average, compared to other hotels I have been to along Lara beach.
Only critisicm: there is a doctor's office close to the restaurant area but that is only for the hotel to make more money: I had hot tea spilled on me and went to the doctor and asked if she could suggest some cream for me for the burn and she said I had to pay 80 euros for a consultation, or charge it to my insurance, otherwise she could not help me. So I walked out under the hot sun to the pharmacy (10 minute walk) to get help.
All in all our family was happy, full and tanned, and I would recommend this hotel to other families!

Room Tip: The hotel assumes all their rooms are sea view, although most are part sea view, but you might not k...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so grateful for you taking the time to review
your experience here with us on TripAdvisor.
Berfin and junior are pleased that they impressed you, and cannot wait to play with
your children and keep them smiling laughing in the duration of your families stay
with us at Hotel Lara Beach.
We would like to inform you that The Doctor has got nothing to do with the hotel,
however having a doctor is mandatory in any 5 star hotel, and is usually operated
by a contracted hospital. With this, the nurse cannot prescribe or give any advice without the control of a Doctor present, as it is illegal, and in order to do this the Doctor must be called to the hotel which is unfortunately chargable.. We at
Hotel Lara Beach do not recieve any form of payment from the Doctor for patients.
We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Frimley Green, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed here in August and absolutely loved this Hotel our young children were so excited everyday to play in the huge swimming pools and slides. The Duplex family room was definately well worth paying extra for ( room 8104).
The Animation team were great and very friendly without being too pushy.so was both kids clubs well done guys n girls you work very hard!!! aswell as the bar staff and restaurant team the food was excellent and very clean throughout the whole hotel. I would recommend this hotel and we would return however the sunbed issue of getting up before 7am and rsserving sunbeds will stop us from returning its ridiculous n needs to be changed to 830 or so. The Entertainment needs to vary a little (More nights at the sunset bar to break up the week).Also needed to be more childrens buffet area in the main restaurant.pancake lady lovely in the tent.

Well done to all the staff

Family from Surrey

Room Tip: duplex room
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for writing about Hotel Lara Beach on TripAdvisor.
We would like to remind you that there are enough sun beds for everyone in the hotel, even in the peak season, in regards to your comment about our sun beds; the reason why it is 7 o clock is so that getting up any earlier to reserve the sun bed is avoided. Those who get up very find that after 7 is too late in the day to start tanning. There are lots of free sun beds on the beach and on the pier if you fancy a bit of sunbathing, and lots around the pool. The Executive Chef has taken note of your comment about the children’s buffet, and will make more effort from now on.

We look forward to seeing from you very soon.
Liberty Hotel Lara Beach Team.

Been to Liberty Hotels Lara? Share your experiences!