“Great holiday village type hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Hotels Lara

Save Saved
You added Liberty Hotels Lara to your Saves list
Liberty Hotels Lara
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii Kundu Bolgesi, Lara, Antalya 07235, Turkey (Formerly Hotel Lara Beach )   |
Ranked #4 of 225 hotels in Antalya
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great holiday village type hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My wife, 17 year old son and myself stayed at Hotel Lara Beach last August into September. Sorry about the delay but we are just starting to put reviews on TA. A special mention to Judith Whitley of Hays Travel who got us a good deal on this high quality hotel. As one can see from other reviews and pictures this hotel is a class act - probably like all the others in the strip in the monster hotel park area that is Lara. The hotel could not be faulted in terms of the accommodation, pier, beach, swimming pools, water slides, hammocks, food, drink everything really. All right then if I must, the All Inclusive wine is poor and one of the water slides was a bit dull but that's about it in terms of moans.

The main reason that we possibly won't return to Lara is that there is little to excite about the surrounding area. There are only a few over-priced shops in the vicinity and......well that's about it really.

We love Turkey but if we returned to this general area we would probably choose to stay in Antalya city where there are beautiful shops, a harbour and a varied selection of quaint hotels.

I would certainly encourage holidaymakers here to take advantage of the free daily bus service to Antalya.

Another reason we may not return is that we've had a look at Belek. We are visiting the Gloria Serenity Resort this September and generally the hotels in Belek although similar to those in Lara they look like a bit of a notch up! Lara is five stars for sure though! Not actually been to Belek yet to be fair.

In the interests of balance our boy thought it was great saying "I'm only going on holiday with you again if it's Lara"

My wife asked me to add;-

"As the hotels in Lara are quite isolated the hotels did put on different entertainment every night, gala nights, turkish nights, firework displays, champagne towers, so there was little need to leave the hotel.

We booked a birthday package for our son which meant we didn't have to queue. There was a nominal charge for the birthday package and cake but was well worth it.

The extensive free mini-bar in the hotel room was also great, as was the Yoruk tent. Delicious pizzas, pancakes and Turkish tea".

The entertainment was varied and of a high standard. I took part in the "King of Lara" contest which was great fun.

In summary if you get a good deal on a trip to Lara you could do worse than snap it up.

Room Tip: Probably better with a pool view room but all rooms seemed fine.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

1,877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

this is our 2nd time at larabeach and it was probably better tham the first as there was no days wasted trying to figure everything out. The staff are fantanstic, the food fantanstic and so was the service. The entertainment team work so hard, Artem(such a nice guy) , Gino, Alex and Miss Jenny all there from our previous year and the newer staff Elo, Anton and SJ do this hotel proud they go out there way to chat and have lots and lots of time for the kids especially Gino and Elo. Elvis (Hello Darling) is a charmer and Murat should be promoted to barman as he done such a good job whilst Elvis was off. You only get out a holiday what you put in and if you chat to the staff they will chat back and they will certainly not forget you. a big thankyou to Sevet and Omit who arranged a special table at the the restaurant for us and friend we had met at the Lara (who were also retuning guests). The pasta bar can be a bit in dissarray with the ordering system, we walked out after waiting 45 mins for our food, but in their defence alli could not have appologized enough and promised a better service if we returned, which we did and waited only 10 mins. One more thing Lara Beach bring back Adil.......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Guest,
The Animation team send there regards and cannot wait to see you here with us again. Elvis would like to give another one of his secret cocktails for you to enjoy, so when you get here again, make sure he is the first man you see!

Servet and Ümit are waiting eagerly to offer you fine service one more time.
In regards to the Silence bar, Hakki, the Chef here sends his sincere apologies, and will make sure to be more careful so that our future guests dont have the same problem. Adil regularly visits the hotel, so you might catch him the next time you are here!
Email us ahead for any requirements you may have: gr@hotellarabeach.com
Lincs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was our 2nd visit to Lara Beach Hotel having had a brilliant stay in 2007. It is still a good hotel but we did leave a little disappointed that it did not live up to our previous visit.

The good -

The staff at this hotel are outstanding, they are very friendly and it's really good how they take you're drink orders at your table at times saving you a visit to the bar. A special mention to Meryem, Cennet & Girgin who were brilliant with my little boy, they didn't hesitate to take a few moments away from working to make a fuss of him which I thought was a nice personal touch.

The Bellini Italian Restaurant was exceptional for both the food quality and the service, I believe in England you would pay quite a lot of money for a meal like that, the Chocolate Suffle was absolutly superb.

The grounds and pool areas are very nice and the different pools offer something for everyone, an adult only pool, a childrens pool with slides, a very large pool for everyone where you will also find activities and there is also another pool with larger slides for bigger kids/adults. There is also so many options for a good lunch with the Yoruk Tent, Snack Bar, Pasta Restaurant and there is also the main buffet restaurant should you choose.

The not so good

I know it's common at all inclusive hotels but the food in the buffet restaurant on an evening was very repetetive and sometimes food temperatures were a bit low for my liking. Also the room temperature in the dining room was awful and made eating a very unpleasant experience, if there was any air-con in this room it certainly couldn't be felt.

The Sunset Bar would be a very nice place to chill with a few drinks on an evening but all you do is sweat if you are not on the 1 table that is under a fan, we had to leave this bar several times because of the heat which was a shame, if only they could put more fans up in the hot months.

We had terrible problems with our room having been allocated a connecting room with other (very noisy) guests in the other room, unfortunatly when we were offered a different room we had only 2 days of our holiday left so I declined, this was very stressful to us but we did eventually resolve this issue with management on our final day, I only put this on here to stress if you get a room like this and have problems, make sure you report it at the earliest opportunity so you can get a move, these rooms should really be kept for those who need them as with a connecting door everything can be heard from the next room. Our room was also in desperate need of decorating the paintwork was very marked and walls cracked.

I also had a problem when my boy knocked over a glass in the lobby which smashed, I started to pick it up but was told to leave it and housekeeping would sort it, I waited for 30 minutes as I was worried if I left and somebody else didn't see it, I eventually had to just leave it having reminded staff again.

On a final note I would really reccommend using the photographer if you visit here, we have brought home some fantastic pictures of a very professional standard.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

hotel lara beach is the place to go. i had such an amazing time. i cried 3 days when i came back to enlgand i will also be looking for a job out their as soon as im older. its one of the best hotels in turkey as i have been to another. i really do advise you to go here it was sucha good holiday and we have already booked 2 trips their in advanced. the staff are loverly everyone is lovely its only a 40min transfer from antalya airport which is great considering the hotel may garden i just went to in alanya was a 5 hour trip from the airport to the hotel..... anyway please please go here you feel like a princess here and everyone mainly speaks turkish and english... best hotel in turkeyyyyyy ever !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Greetings from Antalya!

Thank you very much for sharing such a nice review about us on TripAdvisor.
Deniz on Guest Relations says: “Don’t be sad that your holiday is over, be happy that it you spent time here!” because you are always welcome here with us. It is a great experience to work in a different country, so let us know when you are thinking about working with us, because it would be great to have you part of the team. We don’t just speak English and Turkish, but we also speak German, Dutch and Russian!! We have a multi-lingual family at Hotel Lara Beach.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us on many more occasions and providing you with the finest Turkish hospitality there is.

Best Regards...
The Hotel Lara Beach Team
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Myself and my fiancé Tracey returned to the Lara Beach Hotel for the second time having had a wonderful time there two years ago on a one week holiday. This time we had the two weeks and it was better than ever. Our room view as not as good as the first time but the staff, food, facilities and everything else made up for this and then some.
You can create your own kind of experience in this hotel as it has something for everyone. We preferred the silence pool for most of the holiday but you need to be up early to get a sunbed (or at least put a towel on to reserve it). The silence pool does fantastic freshly made pasta dishes for lunch. We had lovely meals every night and often spent a few hours at the Sunset Bar to be entertained by the brilliant bar team and entertainments team. The Italian A La Carte was AMAZING!! And you get a free A La Carte each week of your holiday. Tracey and I got engaged at the Italian A La Carte (with a ring I bought at one of the Jewellers at the hotel) and this will be an unforgettable evening.

On the downside there is not much outside the hotel within walking distance except a few shops and a very nice designer shopping mall but since we were not interested in going outside the hotel this did not bother us. If you are keen on that there is a daily free shuttle bus into Antalya which we passed on this time as we were so relaxed where we were. Just don’t expect a throbbing clubbing scene and lots of bars and restaurants as this is not that kind of holiday.

The other major issue that affected a lot of people during the end of June and into early July was the Mosquitos, they were a real pest. I would reccomend that the hotel does something with the 'swamp garden' outside the amphitheatre as I reckon this is where they breed. Guys just drain that thing and fill it in with gravel or something that drains all water away. Tracey was badly bitten but they never touched me. If you go June to August definitely take and wear mozzie repellent as those bites were a major discomfort to my misses.

A couple of mentions for staff who made our holiday special. Elvis was a star as was Volkan and the rest of the team. On the F&B side Mohammed made us feel extra special every time he saw us. Thank you to the whole team at Lara Beach for making our visit so enjoyable, relaxing and fun. The hotel motto is ‘time to build friendship’ and they really do live up to this motto. Well done and we wish you many good years to come and we will be back.

In short, if you want a relaxing couples or family holiday you can’t go wrong with the Lara Beach Hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear James and Tracey,

We as Hotel Lara Beach, we would like to take this opportunity to
thank you very much for sharing the detail of your visit to our hotel
on TripAdvisor.

We are glad at the fact that you gave us a chance to offer you
hospitality for 2 weeks this time, however if you had emailed ahead to
send us your requirements, we would have crossed the borders to
make sure they had have been met. Hakki, the chef at the silence bar says:
mamma mia! When are you coming back to try my new sauces?

The pools around the theatre are cleaned on a regular basis, however
turn green again in a short time. We don't think the mosquitos feed from this pool, as they are all over Antalya in the summer
months.We take action by spraying anti-repellant spray in all our
areas, however they have appeared to of biten you, for this we are sorry
about.

Elvis and Volkan cannot wait to offer you their new and improved pina
coladas.. and advise that you sip on them whilst lying on the beach..
Whilst Mohammed says "it was a pleasure to offer you my services". We
would also like to know if you are interested in getting married here
with us. We can organize magical weddings. Email us:
gr@hotellarabeach.com

It is such a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us
here at Lara Beach Hotel. We are glad that you found our staff
friendly, attentive and accommodating. Our team members strive to make
each guest's stay exceptional and special.

Hope to welcome you back again very soon...

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Myself, husband and two sons, Sam 18yrs and Ben 16yrs have just returned from a fantastic holiday. This was our 3rd trip to Turkey but our first to Lara Beach Hotel and I have to say it has been the best one yet!
Without repeating a lot of other reviews I feel the overiding difference between this hotel and others has to be the friendly staff. We have made many friends with different bar staff and waiters, Volcano (hello daaarliiiing!!), Kenny, Zefer, Enes and Mehmet. The moto on their T Shirts of 'time to build friendship' is exactly right!
The fact that you have management walking round the hotel and guest relations checking if all is well with your holiday is also a sign to me that they really do care that you are having the best holiday.
I see many comments in general about the entertainment in Turkey not being a good standard. I have to say the 'Animation Team' here are a truly great bunch, special mention to Gino, Ilo, Artem and Alex. The shows were better than we have seen at other hotels, however we were a little disappointed in the Turkish and Dangerous show. We thoroughlly enjoyed the animation led shows especially the dance and comedy shows!
I feel on some holidays that teenagers are sometimes overlooked in regards of entertainment, the usual kids clubs, mini discos etc etc. However if you have teenagers I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Both my sons enjoyed the daytime activities provided and it is a nice touch that in the evenings they can dance the night away with the animators and fellow guests.
The fantastic terrace and pier parties are also worth a mention!
The hotel puts a great deal of effort in to the Gala evenings which again creates a great atmoshere and brings all the guests together.
It really is hard to pick fault but if i was to mention an area where I think there could be improvement then I think it would be a cooler lobby bar!! It was hot during our holiday and we did find it hard to find some where 'cool' to have a drink at night. We loved the atmosphere in the sunset bar but the heat got the better of us on a couple of occassions!
In short, you won't be disappointed if you choose this hotel they really do work hard at giving you the happy memories and friendships to build on next time... We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Lara Beach Team, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing the detail of your visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Volcano is shouting hello darling!! again and cannot wait to give you another one of his amazing cocktails, whilst Zafer Enes Kenny and Mehmet are all saying hello, and when are you back?
Atilla and his animation team cannot wait to see you and your family again, and are really happy that your sons had a fantastic time with them. We would like you to know that we have put your comments regarding the Turkish & dangerous show forward to our entertainment manager, and will work harder to offer a better service. They try to make sure that everyone is happy; after all, you are on holiday!

We have taken your comment about our lobby bar into consideration and would like to let you know that it is nice a cool now, we were aware that there was a problem but now it is sorted, so you can enjoy a nice cold beer whilst sitting with your family.

It is such a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us here at Lara Beach. We are glad that you found our staff friendly, attentive and accommodating. Our team members strive to make each guest’s stay exceptional and special.

Hope to welcome you back again very soon...
The Hotel Lara Beach Team.
“ Time to build Friendship”
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We arrived around midnight and we were told to go to the restaurant so we did and we all were given a hamburger, which was nice after being on a 3.5 hour flight. The hotel grounds are very large and there is a children's pool, adult only pool, and also a pool for everyone. The waterslides were really fun! The snack bar, Yoruk Tent, and pool side bar were very good also. It has it's own private beach where you can rent jet skis and sun beds are all covered and free. The hotel provides towels for free. The staff is very friendly and great variety of food. Excellent place to stay in Turkey!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so grateful for you taking the time to review your experience here with us on TripAdvisor.
We are glad that you enjoyed the food in out yörük tent, Mustafa the chef in the tent wishes to see you again in the near future!
We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Warmest Regards...

The Hotel Lara Beach Team.
“Time to Build Friendship”

Been to Liberty Hotels Lara? Share your experiences!