“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa

You added Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Akdenyz Bulvari 1 Sokak | Konyaalti Beach, Antalya 7050, Turkey   |
Ranked #38 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel has everything you need to keep the kids busy, we were mainly by the poolside as the swirly slide proved to be the hit. Our room was more like 4 star and in need to be redecorated, but it was facing outside of the complex, hence it was quiet and also comfortable and clean (if facing the poolside it might be more noisy in the evening with all the entertainment going on). The food on offer was amazing, it was hard not to overindulge at every meal! Snacks were also available all day.
The staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't use the sauna or spa as preferred being outdoors but the indoor pool looked fine and the fitness centre was quite big. The guests were mainly from Germany, Russia or Turkey with other Europeans in the mix.
One downside was the location very far from the city, it takes 30 minutes one way in a sweaty and busy bus. It was not easy to find the way back either (one way traffic systems, no bus numbers at bus stops, etc.), but that's another story and not the hotel's fault. The hotel would benefit in having a shuttle service to town, even chargable would be ok.
I would highly recommend this hotel to families, couples, weddings or business (the meeting rooms looked fine too).

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one facing outside rather than facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really good standard, the staff were very helpfull and the facilities good. The food was excellent, with plenty of choice and good quantity. The dining room was well laid out although a bit chaotic with people everywhere. Most people, like us, were all inclusive and this suited us as a family of four adults, plenty of food, all buffet style, go up as many times as you like for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On our last evening we were going to treat ourselves to one of the a'la carte restaraunts, but they were closed on a saturday night? The extra cost for this would have been only 5 Euros pp. So unable to comment on these. Nice big outdoor and indoor pools with a seperate kiddies pool. Free sauna and Turkish bath, and resonably priced Spa treatments with massages. Rooms were nice, cleaned every day, air con and balcony. Evening and daytime entertainment was very good, The only downside of this hotel was the private beach which was reached via a tunnel under a busy dual carriageway and was a pebble beach. The busy road is close to the hotel which does create a bit of traffic noise.

Room Tip: All rooms have a side sea view.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It was a fabulous vacation at the end of May and Porto Bello has met all my requirements. A definite recommendation to anyone is looking for a relaxed and fully satisfying stay.
The room was comfortable with spectacular view on mountains, pool & sea. Did not use AC as the weather was wonderful at day& night; what could be better for health than to breath the fresh sea air after the polluted metropolis! Some noise from main road did not bother me at all. The water pressure and temperature within taking a shower was good & comfortable. Mini bar with soft drinks is free. The room service menu is not expansive!!!
Well behavioral hotel staff makes an effort to accommodate guest’s need. Quick, easy check in/out.
The facility and property are always clean and well maintained. Food is delicious, excellent quality: soups, meat, Turkish Baklava, always so fresh vegetables. I may advice light alcohol drinks as beer and white wine. Ice cream is served in Pool Snack Bar & Beach Bar as well.
The beach is amazing and the sea is lovely warm. There are ample sun beach loungers.

The SPA is so nice. There are free of charge: Turkish steam, sauna, gym, indoor pool. Gym is well fully equipped. I enjoyed my SPA treatments, including daily massages and I was delighted with the service given. The SPA staff are very polite and massage therapists are so professional, especially will recommend the high-class specialist Gokhan.
This resort is perfect if you would like to stay close to the sea and to see the city. A few minutes walks to the beach and 5-7 min. to the bus station. Buses 6 & 8 will take you to Shopping Center Migros in 15 min, to Down Town Kalechi in 25 min. Alternative way is taxi, located in front of hotel.
I will certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

There is nothing wrong with the property but not too much impressed us.

Positives: Easy access to beautiful beach, nice parking area if you have a car, nice grounds. The staff is friendly, someone working will be able to communicate with you in English/German/Russian. We didn't partake in any of the spa, salon or fitness activities, but they all looked very nice. There is a small pool in the basement near the large gym. Wifi works well.

The room was small-ish, kind of comparable to a small generic Holiday Inn. Good sized bathroom. Room was clean and had a nice view.

The lobby when you enter is very pretty and looks out on to the nice grounds and pool area. However, the "towers" where you access the rooms were incredibly stuffy and very humid- it was obvious no air conditioning was running there. One afternoon there was condensation built up on the glass windows. Thank God we had our own AC control in the room (which, btw only worked when you flipped the switch to "Heat" for some reason)

We did not do the all-inclusive because we had plans to travel around the area and wouldn't be at the hotel all day. What a good decision! The first night we arrived kind of late and didn't feel like finding a place elsewhere to dine. We looked in the dining room (large hall with tables and buffet) and asked the price. He said 14 TL. 40? No, he assured us 14. Great. We can deal with a buffet for a good price. Well, we got a bill later that said it was 40 TL each. NOT WORTH IT. It was so awful I am sure we ate maybe 10TL each. There is a big selection of bread but it is all hard and not freshly baked. The only thing good is the selection of cheeses, which gets old after day 3. Everything looks better than it tastes, but then again, not everyone has the same expectations. Make sure you get there early because they start putting things away. They have other dining options in the hotel but after getting ripped off with the buffet, we never risked it again.

There is some noise from the road, but it didn't bother us. All of the beach properties are on this road, so unless your room faces away from the beach towards the north, you are going to hear some traffic.

The pool is nice (shallow though) but always had the stage for the evening entertainment set up right in the middle, so if you have plans on swimming laps, you might want to think again.

Room Tip: We liked our view facing west towards the mountains so you can see the sun set behind them. I would...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with the Gate 1 tour, worst hotel on that tour. The rooms are VERY old, the drawers had many scratches and all bang up. The air conditioner in barely working. We got lock out from the room many times as the key card reader was not working so they had to first change the batteries, then try to fix it which took at leased 30 min each time. The lobby bar is terrible the service staff is rude and push you out the way to place they're order. The Internet connection was very low in the rooms, so half the time I had to go to the lobby. The only thing that was good is the buffet and the beach area. Not 5 star!

• Stayed May 2013
North East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had 10 days at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised. There were few English guests but this made for a more interesting stay and the hotel seemed to cater well for the vast range in needs of the various nationalities. The staff were able to communicate with all.
The range of food was immense, good quality and presentation. A huge amount of salads and fish. Plentiful food, frequently refreshed and there was always somewhere to sit. Mango snack bar is superb for waited on, grill/a la carte type menu.
We didn't have one of the grand rooms described previously, our twin bed room was basic but very clean and comfortable. The mini bar - with inclusive drinks, was refreshed daily. Robes, slippers provided, shampoo, conditioner, soap and cotton buds. Safe in room is free! Towel hire for pool towels is free. Antalya tower pool side, higher floors get the sun in the latest afternoon.
Housekeeping standards all round the hotel are very high, from rooms to public areas/poolside and restaurants and you constantly see cleaners in toilets, pool side, etc and it was spotless everywhere.
Floors in restaurant and pool side can be a bit slippy where there are any food/liquid spills and need some caution, which staff exercise well.
All inclusive drinks are not well listed, and are limited to local rather than imported drink. Vodka and gin, wine and lager are ok and you get plenty. Bar service can be a bit slow, it's a typical lobby style bar.
The animation team are very friendly and try to include everyone, we didn't find them pushy though and when people said no, they left them alone. The daytime activities are standard, aquagym, stepgym, pool games, shooting, darts etc. The evening entertainment ranged from average animation nights to spectacular visiting acts - brazil night and turkish nights were fantastic shows.
The gym is really good quality with a wide range of equipt.
Poolside sun beds were not a problem, pool very big and clean. The beach was ok - with a small snack bar.
Check in and out was quick and easy. We had no problem with reception. We checked out at midday but weren't being picked up till 8pm. The hotel stored our luggage and there were adequate facilities to shower, change, hairdry etc in the spa area.
Bus travel into Antalya is cheap and easy and it's well worth a visit to the old town which is lovely.
Speaking to other travellers on the way home, we were pleased we chose the Porto Bello, would go again and would recommend it to others wanting to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Antalya tower, pool side, higher floor. Get the sun in afternoon. Pool view and mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at the Porto Bello Hotel and Spa. I will get the downside over with first in one sentence: The WiFI connection, in the vernacular, sucked. I mean, if you are required or bent on doing some telecommuting work (yes, some of us take these vacations because we combine some work with fun) from here, then you will have to go to the lobby to get a reliable internet connection.

Now for the upsides: The pool was nice, the buffet breakfasts and dinner does not leave you wanting, the rooms are well lit and have great views --pool side or ocean side, the sun is bright, and you are surrounded by a diverse group of people.

We had a great time; I even joined a pool exercise class where I was the only one who did not speak Turkish. Do not be shocked when you see someone in a fully-covered (almost pajama looking but fancier) woman in the pool-this is a Muslim country but of course, I was wearing my 2-piece bikini myself. I just told myself that when in Turkey, do what the Russians do:) This is because the tour guide told us that the blond girls in two piece bikinis are Russians. Having said that, the exercise guy was pleased to have me join and asked me where I am from because clearly I was the idiot (not necessarily savant) who did not speak Turkish nor Russian but I told him we can converse in Spanish and English, if he speaks them as well. He was pleased I am from Canada or England or Obama. That was really cute!

The board walk will remind you of the board walk in Costa del Sol and/or Rio de Janeiro. The traffic on the boardwalk at the time of our visit, which was last week, was not crowded. The beaches are rocky so wear appropriate foot wear. The sun is nice and warm and air is nice. One thing though--the Turks and its guests smoke a whole lot. I am not exaggerating - I saw teen-agers smoking while walking to somewhere.

I am sure one can request a non-smoking room.

We also took an evening walk along the boardwalk and that was pleasant; we felt safe. There is a nightly entertainment show by the pool and they have a band on the second night. All in all, it was worth the stay. Enjoy the food, the music, and the wine, of course. Turkish wine is actually good.

BTW, and most importantly--we used the hotel spa for Turkish bath (Hamam) and massage. What can you expect when you do this? (We did it previously in another hotel as well so I am now an expert!:)

My husband and I did it together. So here is the routine: they give you a sarong like "towel" to keep your modesty intact. You are asked to take a shower. Then you can go (or not) to the sauna or steam room. Then you can hang out by the pool. The staff will then lead you to the bath. You will then be asked to lie down on top of these marble (which I, unfortunately will be morbidly describing as like a top of a marble tomb), which at this point is covered by a cloth. The men will be given another piece of Turkish towel (like a madras print sarong material) for modesty and I, now smarter, wore a psychologically boosting thong so I was not given the towel this time.
They pour mildly hot water on you as you lie down on your tummy and they scrub you, you turn over and they are scrubbing you all over, no exception, forget your modesty. Then they take this cheesecloth "pillowcase," dip in very sudsy pail, blow air into it and run it over your body. They give you a massage at this point. Then they rinse you off with warm water. Some spas will ask if you like them to shampoo your hair. This one did not. But I promise this: You come out with skin smooth as a baby, exfoliated without anaethesia for under $100, wink, wink.

Our Turkish bath was followed by an hour of body massage. Their massage rooms are very clean, very zen, smells good and has relaxing ambience, (two thumbs up). The massage, which I would rate (mediocre or great) was great.

They leave you, without as much as a "see you later" after they are done with the body massage. They leave you so you can doze off and that we did. They come back after what seemed like a long time, who knows, just maybe 10-15 so that you are awaken by your own loud snoring :) :)

(Caveat: I did not get this at first--I have had massages before and always my masseuse would say : We are done. Or my regular masseur would say, "If you are still with us, you can wake up now..." They just leave you to wonder what was next....so I knew better by the time I got to Porto Bello.)

The only thing that might bother someone is that those two people giving the Haman kept on talking to one another, hello, I wanted to take it all in in silence so I can enjoy more but perhaps they are just discussing how these Americans (by our accents, not necessarily looks) are so hung-up we won't just walk in proudly naked. Anyway....

So it is now all up to you! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!