There is nothing wrong with the property but not too much impressed us.
Positives: Easy access to beautiful beach, nice parking area if you have a car, nice grounds. The staff is friendly, someone working will be able to communicate with you in English/German/Russian. We didn't partake in any of the spa, salon or fitness activities, but they all looked very nice. There is a small pool in the basement near the large gym. Wifi works well.
The room was small-ish, kind of comparable to a small generic Holiday Inn. Good sized bathroom. Room was clean and had a nice view.
The lobby when you enter is very pretty and looks out on to the nice grounds and pool area. However, the "towers" where you access the rooms were incredibly stuffy and very humid- it was obvious no air conditioning was running there. One afternoon there was condensation built up on the glass windows. Thank God we had our own AC control in the room (which, btw only worked when you flipped the switch to "Heat" for some reason)
We did not do the all-inclusive because we had plans to travel around the area and wouldn't be at the hotel all day. What a good decision! The first night we arrived kind of late and didn't feel like finding a place elsewhere to dine. We looked in the dining room (large hall with tables and buffet) and asked the price. He said 14 TL. 40? No, he assured us 14. Great. We can deal with a buffet for a good price. Well, we got a bill later that said it was 40 TL each. NOT WORTH IT. It was so awful I am sure we ate maybe 10TL each. There is a big selection of bread but it is all hard and not freshly baked. The only thing good is the selection of cheeses, which gets old after day 3. Everything looks better than it tastes, but then again, not everyone has the same expectations. Make sure you get there early because they start putting things away. They have other dining options in the hotel but after getting ripped off with the buffet, we never risked it again.
There is some noise from the road, but it didn't bother us. All of the beach properties are on this road, so unless your room faces away from the beach towards the north, you are going to hear some traffic.
The pool is nice (shallow though) but always had the stage for the evening entertainment set up right in the middle, so if you have plans on swimming laps, you might want to think again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Bello Hotel is located at the Konyaalti Beach which is one of the longest stretch of beaches in the Mediterranean region,at the skirts of the "Beydaglari" Mountains, and only 8 km. away from the city center, a very popular area of Antalya. The comfortable rooms that are decorated with utmost care have both Sea and Mountain View. There are 8 Senior Suites, 28 Junior Suites, 28 Family rooms, 3 Handicapped rooms and 279 Standard rooms totaling up to 346 rooms. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor. The indoor pool is heated; the outdoor pool is 1500 sqm, and the indoor pool is 100 sqm. The Chaise Lounges, umbrellas and towels are free of charge. In the Children's Club, special programs are provided for children between the ages of 05 - 12. The beach has pebbly characteristics, and is connected to the hotel by a special tube passageway. The beach is 150 m long and 50 m wide. Palm Restaurant (main), A'la Carte Restauranta, Beach Bar, Sailor Bar, Cafe Porto, Vitamin Bar and Disco. Live music, 2 illuminated Tennis Courts, Beach Volleyball, Table Tennis are available. A unique experience to relax and regerate... The Porto Bello Spa Center welcomes you with variety of relaxing and revitalizing treatments, such as aqua gym, hydrotherapy, balneo, peeling, skin care and local slimming, sauna, massage and Turkish bath... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bello Hotel Antalya
- Porto Bello Hotel Resort And Spa
- Porto Bello Antalya
- Porto Bello Turkey