“Fantastic Family Holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 225 hotels in Antalya
Manchester
“Fantastic Family Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in a duplex family room with my wife and three children. We had a self-contained unit with a double room for me and my wife and a separate sleeping area in the attic for the three children (one was on a camp-bed). Both our room and the kids' room had their own en-suite bathrooms as well as mini-bars stocked with beer, soft drinks and water (all-inclusive). The room was serviced daily and kept very clean - a tip for the maid produced even more enthusiastic service. We did initially have some issues with the air conditioning not working very well in the kids' attic area. A couple of polite complaints to the hotel reception produced some failed attempts to fix the air conditioning and a portable fan in the room. A polite complaint to our holiday rep (Thomas Cook) produced a change of room to one that was much cooler and also had a sea-view. We were really impressed with the rep.

The hotel facilities were excellent. The pools are huge and there are lots of activities on offer. There are some great water slides as well as direct access to a private beach. As far as we could tell, everything except spa treatments, ten-pin bowling, scuba diving and motorised water sports was included. The staff are, on the whole, extremely friendly and polite. It's a busy hotel with lots of other guests so sometimes there's a little bit of queuing. The main buffet restaurant can seem a little overwhelming due to the sheer numbers of people eating there but we really enjoyed the food and there was plenty of choice.

Some people have mentioned the large number of guests from Russia. This didn't bother us at all. If we'd been concerned about having mainly British people around us we'd have holidayed in Britain! Of course there were cultural differences but we didn't find anyone being deliberately unpleasant. Our two younger children used the hotel-run kids club which they really enjoyed. There were always English-speaking staff present.

You can catch an air-conditioned minibus into Antalya from just outside the hotel at an extremely reasonable price. It takes about 30-45 minutes. Apart from that, there's not a great deal to do in the immediate area other than enjoy the facilities at the hotel (and those of the Topkapi Palace hotel next door). The Kremlin Palace is not within walking distance of the resort centre so this really is geared toward a relaxing all-inclusive break. It was perfect for that.

We'd recommend the Turkish Bath spa treatment and the scuba diving trip. They cost extra but we really enjoyed them and felt they were worth the money. It's worth bearing in mind that you can negotiate a bit of discount on nearly everything.

All in all, we all really enjoyed our holiday at Kremlin Palace.

642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a regular traveller I can give this hotel a honest rating. Ok here goes, everything is average apart from. Good points, nice area, food is nice, a la carte restaurants good, entertainment is to a standard, met a few British people and enjoyed their company, some friendly helpful staff, customer relations very helpful. Bad points, rooms dated, smell of stale smoke, worn camp bed provided for our thirteen year old six foot high son (full paying adult), A high percentage of people including us got ear infections, we went on a Thomas Cook trip and after been told there was no room on the return coach the rep made us wait ages to finally get a lift back to our hotel with a minibus full of Russians who did not want us on their minibus, Thomas Cook changed our plane home at the last minute and sent 110 of us home on a swiftair plane, basic and not to standard, but the worst part of our holiday was RUDE UNHELPFUL STAFF WHO IGNORED BRITISH PEOPLE AT BARS (it is almost racist the way you are treated, Generally I find Turkish people very friendly and helpful, but all the staff here have been brainwashed by what can only be described as the other worst part of our holiday RUSSIAN PEOPLE! I really hope all Russian people are not like this, they push in front of you in a queue, grab serving spoons off you in the restaurant, will not open doors or move for you, insist on getting served before anyone else even if there is a queue, they are NOT POLITE, ordering drinks, not asking for them, filling many plates with food then leaving it, stealing loads of food in bags from the restaurants, they think it is acceptable for their kids to stand on the edge of the pool and wee in to the water, I really hope I am not generalising Russian people but the only way of describing 99.5% of the guests at the Kremlin Palace while we were there consisted of neanderthal, interbred, rude, miserable people, its like watching Big Fat gypsy wedding, without the fun and smiles. After visiting the WOW resort at Bodrum (which was absolutely amazing) we were seriously let down with this hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

9 of us recently enjoyed a 2 week holiday at kremlin, there was two 3 year olds, a 5 year old and adults ranging from 28-56. We had an amazing time rooms lovely, very clean, very safe if u watch your kids, friendly staff spoke English. Lots of activities for everyone had an amazing boat trip to the waterfalls (recommended). Market v gd value for money, can eat in a la carte for free every night if booked through your rep. 7 different restaurants, can use sister hotel which is very nice aswell! Short transfer from airport. There was a lot of rude Russians but the Turks prefer the English cos were so polite! Do not listen to any bad reviews, had a brilliant time x

• Stayed July 2012
Tervuren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I do not like all inclusive hotels as i need more customized service however we decided to book this place as our 6 years old son wanted a lot.
the food was much better than the all inclusive hotels.
The kid animation is perfect! Lots of activities, disco even a special kid show.
One day, our son could not see us when he was playing in the pool even though I was laying in long chair. He was panicked and decided to go to our room. In from of the room the housekeeping saw him and asked his name. Everything happened in 3 minutes and I received a call from the reception in 3 minutes and informed that the housekeeping was with him in front of the room.
When I went there they were kidding each other and my son felt so safe.
So I understood that safety is also very important criteria for families with kids for their decision making.

Room Tip: You can also benefor WOW Topkapi facilities (pool, restaurant and animations) during day time. there...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
St. Petersburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Along with my wife and three year old girl, we stayed at the Kremlin from July 2 to July 13th. The transfer from the airport was really fast and well organized. Before I go on, let me say that I am an American who is married to a Russian. We live and work in Russia. With that said, please know that this hotel is heavily catered to Russians. Though I speak both languages, it was simple for me to ask for things. If you cant speak Russian, do not worry, you can still get around just fine and enjoy your stay. Most of the hotel staff speak fluent English and it is always good after a greetings is to ask if they speak English. Most do! If not, they will find someone who does. So, no worries about a language barrier.
This hotel has a good potential to be a 5 star. I rate it a good 3! Many, many good things about this place.

Now I have read a few comments that say the Russians are rude. This was not the case when we stayed. Plus I know the culture and people, and what some Brits deem rude, is not to a Russian. The people we met were very friendly and enjoying thier time. Even when I spoke English to them, they reacted kindly. But I would soon, switch to Russian, only to get a little kick myself with it :-)
During our stay, we found no drunkards and loud people. There were a ton of families there and this hotel is catered to family fun. I saw kids, Russian and Turk playing football together, without even being able to understand each other. Lots of kids activities!

The food was very good and fresh. We ate there everyday and enjoyed every meal. They have to feed well over 1000 people everyday, three times a day. The manager was there working and I really commend him on the job well done he did.
As in any place in this world, when you have a "all you can eat" restaurant, people, I don't care where your from, we act like it is a feeding frenzy. Especially with so many kids and over 1000 people in one place. So don't complain about Russians being rude, your just as rude as they are when it comes to this scenario.

Yes, some salads are tailored to the Russian crowd a little, but all the rest of the food is very international. Like I said, I'm American and I was able to enjoy many meals there. Not being biased! The food is very fresh and served in many ways. If you seem to think it repeats itself, your foolish. There was such a large amount of food in different varieties, you could not complain.

The staff, well it depends on what department you need to deal with. The front desks is pretty good and friendly. In fact, ALL personnel we interacted with were friendly and eager to please. They seemed to work hard and enjoy what they do, seriously. The short coming of the staff, fell on the house cleaning. They did a fine job, but they don't speak hardly any English or Russian.

Our room, the great downfall of a potentially great hotel. When we arrived, they gave us a first floor in the quiet section. Very nice, but the maintenance of the room fell way short. First we had a leaking toilet. Called them twice, in English and Russian and they didn't respond. Finally, as we were going to lunch I stopped by the front desk to tell them again of the problem. This one time, I speak to a young man that didn't speak English. So I was fortunate enough to explain to him in Russian, that we needed the leak fixed asap. So, no problem, but after they fixed it, they didn't clean up the floor. They told us house cleaning would come, they didn't. So again three times, we asked, finally they came and cleaned up.
The rooms seem worn out. Heavily paint coated walls, furniture and picture frames. The bathroom was pretty rundown and needed updating.

Overall the hotel looks good. The lobby is huge and plenty of furniture around to relax in. But because they style it with material that is authentic, it wears out fast as I could see. Just not durable enough for the mass turnover rate of customers they have. Only free internet in the lobby.

The pool looked great and very well maintained. But God gave us a real pool to enjoy, and so we stay at the beach during our time. I cant understand why anyone would travel to the Mediterranean sea to sit by a pool, when the good Lord gave us a warm sea to enjoy.

The beach is a rough brown sand. Little gravel near the water, but overall is sandy and well maintained. But when the sun heats it up...wow, it is very hot! So wear sandals!
Over the outside grounds are very nice and well taken care off. A smell of fresh gardens is outside and makes for a enjoyable evening walk.

If your a Brit, you can enjoy your time here if your willing to put up with Russians. If not, go somewhere else.
I had a good time and would mark this hotel a 5 star if it were not for the room. Everything else was vey good and enjoyable. There were some British families there and one German family. As far as I know, I was the only American. Most of the Turks could not believe I was...sort of funny seeing their reactions.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

lexpensive but love this hotel and full use of sister hotel (used both to the full) food 5 star self catering drink comfort 5 star this and sister complex had great time staff so helpfull

Room Tip: facing sea in main building
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Recently back from a week at the Kremlin Palace, although the hotel and grounds are impressive the rooms are dated and could defintely do with redecoration. The mini bar in the room was meant to be restocked daily, however, this did not happen.
The hotel is mainly occupied by Russians who are very rude and arrogant.
The worst thing about the hotel is the food, its very disappointing, it is all catered for Russians, it does not cater for British at all, even though there is a large choice of food it was horrible and my family struggled to find something that we liked each mealtime.
Lara Beach as a resort is lovely but stay at a different hotel, one that caters for British people also....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to World of Wonders Kremlin Palace? Share your experiences!