“Fifth Time and Still Fabulous!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of World of Wonders Topkapi Palace Hotel

You added World of Wonders Topkapi Palace Hotel to your Saves list
World of Wonders Topkapi Palace Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kundu Koyu, Lara Beach, Antalya 07110, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Peterborough
“Fifth Time and Still Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

When I say with teenagers, it's with two young children as well. We are a family with 4 children from 3 to 15 and we love this place. When we first went we had the family duplex rooms which have an upstairs bedroom for the children as well as an extrea bathroom which is a wonderful benefit when getting ready. Now though, we are too big for a duplex and have interconnecting rooms. My husband and I have one and the four children share the other (with 2 put up beds). We all have plenty of space and again 2 bathrooms for getting ready. Every year we go we have more fun than the last time, I'm in the process of booking again. Sun always shines, foods fab, staff can be so friendly (odd grumpy one) and a real chance to dress up in the evening and sit outside and soak up the atmosphere. All my children are happy here and they're happy, I'm happy. As we have been before we now know some of staff and we have been treated amazingly. In some ways I don't want to give a good review as I'd rather keep this place a secret so it doesn't get too crowded!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I had to write a review after reading all the bad reviews on this site.
Ok this was a one week last minute holiday and we got a really good deal so as long as the weather was good and the accomodation was ok I think I would have been happy.
Remember people 5 star is about the amount of facilities not neccessarily about people waiting on you hand and foot and being treated like a godess!!!

We arrived at the hotel and were amazed and highly amused with how creative the hotel chain had been with this creation of topkapi and Kremlin palace. Having been to Turkey over 10 times I knew that accomodation star standards are not usually that high.
The public areas were decorated to a high standard in ancient turkish style, It made me giggle when I read one review that the decor looked ...well....old ..haha I think that is the point to look ancient with woven turkish carpets and chairs, bedouin tents, chai house etc etc etc It is supposed to be a replica of the Topkapi palace after all.
The rooms were well furnished and had a large balcony, well stocked mini bar replenished every day, nice bathroom over all finished to a high quality.
There two swimming pools one small quiet one and one main pool where music and entertainment, childrens competitions etc were held.
The grounds were large and the beach area was huge, white sand.
Kremlin palace hotel is next door and you can use the facilities also by asking at reception.
There is a disco where entertainment is held in the evening first of all a childrens disco then entertainment, just beware some of which was slighly risque for a younger audiance, We saw some african acrobastic dancers who were absolutely amazing, entertainment was very good here. The disco well... we had a hilarious time here, we got the dj to play house and electro music (his fave) and we managed to neon face paint all the disco goers! Fueled my much vodka, gin, etc etc etc ...
There is a games room with bowling alley and computer games computers and a coffee area.
There is a library.
Tennis courts and archery.
Shops and beauty parlour/hairdressers.
bedouin tent where they cooked fresh pide with mince and feta. A very relaxing chilled out tented area.
Ice cream parlour which provided coffee/tea and cakes daily.
Chai tent which you could have tea coffee or apple tea, traditional seating to relax in a tented area inside near reception.
The shop near reception sold food and drink but was quite expensive, everything is in euros and the hotel seems to trade in euros so turkish lira is useless. But as there is no need at all to buy anything why bother. There are shopping centres nearby just hop on a bus and your'e there within 5 minutes, loads of cheap goods and turkish delight etc.

Piano loung for relaxing.
wine bar at the top of a tower near reception, where they also had coffeeand the views over the resort were amazing.
The animation team and kids club were brilliant and kept kids well entertained.

Restaurants
The main buffet area is huge and provides fresh bread, salads, grilled meats, stews, italian pastas, fish dishes, deserts, beer wine and soft drinks etc etc etc.
You could also take food out if you wanted.

There is a turkish restaurant near to the small pool which you book for and they do lovely turkish meals, at lunch time they do meatballs pizza burgers etc.

I do honestly question what more you could ask for The all Inclusive was brilliant here!

If you want to venture out you can also go a little further out to Antalya a 15 minute or so bus ride, it's well worth a visit and the souvenirs and turkish delight and clothing is alot cheaper than the shopping centres near to the hotel. I would suggest getting all your pressies and souvenire here, We did lira in town but euros are the prefered currency here. Don't believe all the rubbish about Turkey being cheap because of the Lira, that just isn't the case, they all use Euros in this area.

Overall this hotel surpassed my expectations and had plenty to do for all the family!
Staff were friendly and yes there are alot of other nationalities who stay here including Russians but then that's half the fun of going abroad isn't it?

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

after reading all the reviews on here prior to going to the topkapi palace we were a bit worried to say the least.
we arrived at midnight with 2 small children, we were checked in quickly and our suitcases were taken straight to our room. we had a family room which was very spacious although a bit dated. but on the whole perfectly adequate.
the swimming pools were fantastic and the water slides great although we did have to stand our ground and battle to stop people queue jumping and not wanting to hand over the tyres on the slide. we also used the slides and pool at the kremlin which were just as good and a little less busy.
the food is the restaurant is ok, lots of choice and make sure to check whats cooking outside aswell as inside. also get your dessert first as you will notice plates full of strawberries etc dissappearing at the speed of light.
the beach was nice too, very hot but tons of hammocks, showers etc.
well worth the money we paid and would go back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Booked this holiday on internet for approx £520 pp for 1 week in June.
Found it very good value. Rooms were a good standard and very clean. We found all the staff very friendly professional and accomodating. There is lots to do for adults and children alike and the whole place had a very relaxing feel (although like most hotels of this size the main dining room was a bit noisy) Food was good with lots of choice, and one of the things we liked was you could book each of the a la carte restaurants once per week which made it feel as if you were eating at different places. The Gondola Italian restaurant was particularly good, and the Turkish cafe did fabulous lunchtime meatballs and spicy meat pittas.
You could use the facilities of the sister hotel the Kremlin next door and eat in their main dinning room for a change.
The beach was good with plenty of shade available but the sea became deep very quickly so perhaps not suitable for very young children but there were lots of pools/slides/ wave machine playground facilities to compensate. The majority of guests were Russians and Brits probably comprised only about 20% of the overall guests.
This hotel wouldn't really suit people who like to be out and about visiting the local area as there was no curtesy bus so to do this you needed to get the dolmus to Antalya. The hotel did have an authenic Turkish feel about it to satisfy peple wanting a flavour of culture.
Really liked - One of the bar areas which was set up like a village square where you could get coffees and drinks this had a really relaxing cosmopolitan feel.
Wasn't so keen on - The attitude of some the foreign guests who haven't grasped the concept of waiting your turn.
All in all we had a lovely holiday which was very good value for money and we would visit the Topkapi Palace again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

topkapi palace is awesome been twice going for my third time this year with the misses everytime ive been its gotten better

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

** Please do not let the poor reviews put you off **
I like many others read the reviews before travelling with despair & wondered if I was making a big mistake taking my family to this hotel ... I need not have worried at all though! Only because a friend had been to this hotel last year & loved it did I decide that I should ignore the bad comments & see for myself what this hotel was like. Myself, my husband & my 3 year old son travelled out for a week & from arriving at this grand looking hotel we were impressed. The entrance & lobby area is beautiful & immaculately clean. We were shown to our room which was clean & spacious, not what some people would call 5* standard I would guess however it was very clean & nicely decorated so we were more than happy. After arrriving on grim night flights we went straight to bed & awoke the next morning to what I can only describe as a wonderful sight of pools, grand looking buildings & gorgeous trees & flowers, the sun was shining too so we were loved what we were seeing. So many pools to choose from, kiddies pool with small slides, relax pool for those wanting to escape, main pools for swimming plus a brilliant wave pool which all the kids loved which had a very shallow edge where little ones could paddle & the parents sat letting the waves lap at their feet ... my favourite place to be! Food was excellent, so much to choose from I couldn't possibly list everything, but even for those more fussy you could always get pasta's, chips & grilled meats & fish, the puddings & cakes are amazing too! If not wanting main restaurant can reserve table in 4 other restaurants, Italian, Turkish, Mediterranean & a do it yourself outdoor BBQ .. great fun!
Evening entertainment was good too, live bands in main square, shows at Amphitheatre which were popular. A sheltered kids play area was great idea for break from sun during day & my son enjoyed this & plenty of parasols to keep in shade too, we found weather very hot even in early season. I couldn't wait to get a review written on my return home as both my husband & I said we couldn't believe people had bad things to say about this hotel, we loved it & would definitely go back again. As a Travel Agent I will certainly be recommending this to my customers, you cant get better than a personal review. If I were to give any negative comments, just to show a balanced review, I would say that the onsite shop for souveniers & the likes was very over priced, taking advantage of being only onsite shop I suppose but sold things like mags, papers, sweets, inflatables & suncreams but beware they are expensive! The Russian guests in general were rude, an odd few were pleasant but a minority, they didn't believe in queuing in restaurant for certain foods being freshly cooked, preferring to just push right in, most annoying! My last grumble was that you had to ring dead on 9am to reserve a table at one of the restaurants, it was very hard getting through as everyone else trying to ring at same time. I know my review is very long winded bit I wanted to give this hotel the review it deserves .... A FANTASTIC ONE!! Try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed. Most suitable for families & couples.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Ascot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Why do people keep moaning and saying it's not 5*, when they are only paying 3* prices. It's 24 hour all inclusive, it's got 5 al a'carte resturants, which i've never had a problem to book, and theres always plenty of choice in the buffet resturant anyway. I have stayed there 3 times and i find if you are polite to the staff, they are very friendly in return, you too would get the hump with people whinging all the time, they work extremely long hours, and very hard to boot. Great pools, great beach, yes there are a lot of Russians, but it's a big place, never had a problem getting a sunbed and towels supplied for beach and pool use, my only complaint was it was too hot lol. Everyone i spoke to out there had thoroughly enjoyed it, and would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to World of Wonders Topkapi Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!