We recently stayed at this hotel for 7 days and it completely spoiled our holiday. When we entered , the receptionist said we had only 1 room booked, while we had 2 & their voucher was not clear on this. Luckily we had the email communication which we had to show to get our 2 rooms which were pre-paid. There is a massive sign that reads pretty aggressively "You are not allowed to bring any food or drinks into the hotel" & they go our of their way to enforce it. Normally at a 5 star hotel, I wont have a problem with it, but with a 3 star hotel, with a very limited menu & an overpriced I do not want to be forced to eat at their restaurant.
I am at a holiday, I have paid for a room and I should have the right to eat what I want, when I want, not be forced to use their restaurant. Every single time, you enter the hotel one of the staff will stare at exactly what you are bringing with you to see if there is any food at all and then point you to the sign. This is despite the fact that we used their restaurant several times. The service in the restaurant was very poor too, took 1 hour to serve us and when we complained we were told "there are other people waiting before you", this was exactly 2 other tables that were occupied.
Coming on to the hotel facilities:
1. There is no internet in most rooms except one which is next to the reception, so just about catches the reception wifi signal. They do not think it is essential either. On the websites they claim it is available with "surcharge" but we were not given this option either.
2. The "swimming pool" we were told is "closed" for servicing during this season, despite the fact that we had some lovely sunny days during our stay. Please see attached picture.
3. Toilet lock didn't work.
4. Hot water was moody, sometimes would be hot in 20 seconds, at other times, wouldn't be hot even after 20 minutes.
5. Curtains were broken
This has to be one of my worst ever hotel experience and spoiled the holiday for us.
- Also Known As:
- Dogan Hotel Antalya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Kaleiçi, a scenic Turkish coastal town of the Antalya region steeped in history, culture and natural beauty, the heritage Doğan Hotel welcomes you to a unique travel experience made more special through a perfect blend of old world elegance, friendly atmosphere and an inspired brand of personalised service. Feel at home at Doğan Hotel, where every aspect of your stay reflects our dedication to your relaxation, comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Dogan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.