“Don't believe all you read” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Alp Pasa Hotel

You added Alp Pasa Hotel to your Saves list
Alp Pasa Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Barbaros Mah. Hesapci Sok. No: 30 | Kaleiçi (Old City), Antalya 07100, Turkey   |
Ranked #56 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
San Diego, California
“Don't believe all you read”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is a museum of antiquities. The wifi is only available in a few common areas, none in rooms, and failed entirely one day. The pool is totally surrounded by tables for dining, so unless you want to be the star of the show -- and splash water on the shoes of fellow guests -- it is a waste. The breakfast is a wide buffet, scattered among four rooms. The only connection between the dining areas and the guest rooms is a small corridor, which gives the feel of being on a small Bulgarian discount cruise. The jacuzzi in my room was broken. Otherwise I loved it.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newton Stewart, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

After seeing some of the reviews of this hotel I was beginning to doubt booking at it. I had previously stayed in Antalya at a five star hotel in the Lara beach area, but after visiting the Old Town [Kaleici] I had promised myself that I would stay there. On passing The Alp Pasa it had seemed Ideal so that is where I booked. Then I read some of the reviews on this site and began to have second thoughts. Let me mention some of them.
1. being charged more than once for drinks etc. Well it is just not possible as you sign a receipt for everything are given a copy then pay at check out when you can also receive a print out.
2. Several complaints about the staff. Well I found that the staff in the restaurant, the front desk and the management tried hard to be helpful and in both the front desk and in the restaurant there was attention to detail and effort made to treat you as an individual and offer respect.
3. There were complaints about the rooms. I found that any problem that I had was resolved quickly. If there was any problem it was by the occasional guest with lack of concern for others i.e. by being noisy late at night. This was rare and can happen anywhere.
In short a hotel I will definitely be re visiting. because of the location , the excellent attitude of the staff and the superb atmosphere [this also attracted passing tourists]. P.S.I recommend the atmosphere at the evening meal especially.
From an old Scotsman Well done Alp Pasa.

Room Tip: There are such a variety of rooms, i.e. with or without a balcony, facing the pool, downstairs or up...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We really loved staying at this hotel, I was little bit worry about the reviews. However, I decided to give it a try. I’m not sure if they changed something, or that we went in less busy season, However, I did not face the problems mentioned in other reviews.
The check in/check out process went very smooth, and we were given very nice room outside the main building and directly on the front yard, we loved the room, it was really convenient.
The breakfast buffet was excellent, and has big variety. Our waiter Ibrahim was very nice and helpful, and our kids really liked him. We have also tried the open buffet dinner, and it was worth trying, we had very good dinner. The dining area around the pool is very nice.
Ofourse we had some noise coming from the street (Sounds of people talking and passing by the hotel) but we considered it part of the old city charm.
The big advantage of the hotel is its location near everything. We visited Ataturk Street, old harbor, and we had dinner on restaurant overlooking the old harbor and it was 15 minutes walking from the hotel. The nearby area had some supermarkets as well, we got all we need from them.
I recommend this hotel, and I would stay in it in my next visit to Antalya

Room Tip: The room names Harami is really nice one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have stayed here before and love the buildings and main restaurant area around the pool. It is all very beautiful and charming. We stay in Antalya on a regular basis and I wanted to check Alp Pasa again as I remembered how lovely our room and the buildings were. So in a way this was a test stay. From the beginning I was disappointed in the service. There was a wait to check in as they were busy and did not have enough staff to handle it. We ordered dinner a la carte, and had delightful and attentive service from Ibrahim. There were a lot of people, not just residents, eating from the set price buffet, which created the feeling of hotel catering to groups. We were in a different building and the room was simple but had been nicely renovated and felt fresh and clean. However, during the night we were disturbed by people walking past on wooden floors, clanging metal door to outside, and heat, as we could not open the window for fresh air. In the morning breakfast was disappointing....hard to know where to get your coffee, which was not great, and there is NO excuse for not offering freshly squeezed orange juice in Turkey! The food again felt as though it catered for large groups and standing in line to get food takes away from the experience. The final straw was trying to check out. The person behind the desk was counting coins and did not stop or look up or acknowledge me as I stood waiting for several minutes. I came back later and again she was busy with something and ignored me. Another staff member helped me check out. When we went to collect the key for our car the original woman who had ignored me kept asking if I had handed in my room key. I said yes, you were busy, and she asked again and again. The building is lovely, but the service is definitely lacking and we will not be returning. There are other beautiful hotels where the service is attentive and charming and the price the same.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I should have listened to my Lonely Planet recommendations when it came to staying in Antalya, but the hotel I really wanted was booked, so I got on line and found the Alp Pasa. We were driving, and it was very difficult to find the road that would lead you into the narrow old city and to the hotel's car park. Very detailed instructions would have been appreciated. Instead, after almost an hour trying to figure it out with the front desk on the phone, one of the managers met us at a specified spot and lead us in. The main hotel is actually a cool Ottoman style home. It has a very small pool, so is sunning is your priority, head to the beach. It is very cramped here. We, unfortunately were lead to an annex building where our room was located. the building was a non-descript apartment building and our room, while large and newly renovated, lacked any sort of style and personality. Make sure you know what building you will be staying in and ask to see the room. The room had no phone, so when we had to ring the reception, we had to use our cell. The room also had no internet, however, the hotel lobby did. I did enjoy the breakfast and the dining area is inside and outside. The inside area has a lot of ambience and they have a small museum. I guess to sum it up, they really didn't go out of their way to make you feel like a valued customer or that you were a guest in their home. As I walked around town, I discovered a ton of other places that had far superior character. Do your homework when it comes to this place. I am giving it 3 stars because of location and cleanliness. Additionally, I thought it was much more expensive than it needed to be, especially if you are put in an annex room.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, make sure you are in the main hotel and ask to see your room.,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sumter, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

we stayed there 2 nights and bad, food and location is great but If you are a FAMILY do not go there. At the time check in was awful, we arrived there 1: 30 PM , which is 30 minutes before check in time, they told us we had to wait until 2:PM but we ended waiting until 3:PM to get our room. Guy at the front desk was such a rude.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kerkrade, Limburg, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a lovely hotel, rooms very specail and all different. We stayed here in november 2012, weather was great and the old town very pleasant, lots to do during the day in the vicinity, the only thing we were not keen on was the long line of people waiting for the buffet in the small dining room. The staff all very pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: We had a room in the house across the road , there was also a kitchenet and bubble bath. The entranc...
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alp Pasa Hotel? Share your experiences!