We stayed here for a week end of May 2011.
we had a fantastic time generally, there are pros & cons that one should know though, read on...
Was a little worried about what to expect, we arrived at lunchtime and was met by a warm reception and nice guy who carried our luggage. Contrary to what other reviews said the front office gals were very nice and warm, particularly 1 girls who had the warmest smile and always gave us useful directions. We were worried about being on the top/thrid floor at first, but during our stay forund this to be a great choice as it was peaceful and airy.
We stayed in a luxury room with Jacuzzi called Onur pasa, the best they have are the suites but this was sufficient. It was very peaceful which we needed after a long day excursions etc. the room was really nice and spacious for us two, and the guests directly next door were quite which worked in our favour as it could have ruiened our holls. We had a nice lobby with seating area that was for our use, so to cool off one can sit there which was relaxing. AIR CON WAS A MUST and we did have to use this as otherwise the room can get HOT being in the loft.
DINNER... was NICE and scrumtious, differnt variety everday (although not many choices for veggies), a buffet line. As the meat was halal it worked in our fav.. However I MUST say that breakfast was the same everyday.. and more catered for the europeans.
the Location was good in that we were able to get to many places easily, without booking excursions, the only thing we did book was rafting which WAS FUN!!
The town was very much Old cobbled streets and nice with many locals, the harbour is a fav amongst locals esp to cool off and watch the sun set, the local women also gather on certain days and sell traditional food!
This Hamam, we used the Hotel hamam as it looked a lot more hygenic and was convenient, it was nice, not completly as traumatic as I was expecting but it was a great way to finish our holls.
Overall this is a great hotel particularly for couples a romatic getaway, its very well known so when we did get lost just the mention of it, and the fact that the Hotel have put signs up along certain streets to show directions prooved VERY VERY useful on the many times we did get lost amongst the streets and alley ways that look the same.
I must mention this, as its usefull,
Unfortunatly the breakfast was the same old eggs/bread. bread and more bread everyday. they could have changed this. The omlettes cooked by chef were not exactly well done! however he was veery bubbly.
2) many staff spoke german/ russain which demonstrates their huge presence, hoever english was very difficult for them!
3) It feels that the hotel do what they can to get money off guests, e.g upon arrival after being given the key for the safe, we get told that its 2 euroes per day!! had we not enquired they would have presented us the check out bill. Drinks and anything in the mini fridge is charged at extortionate rates. we had to buy water 1st day and a small bottle cost 3.5 lira (thats almost £1.75) way higher than UK. So we baught this at the local shops 0.75 Lira. (Beware hotel try not to let you take any food. drinks up with guests, however we were not prepared to pay their rates and we needed to drink so we did! We just kept food out of sight.
3) this is not the ideal place for elderly with the structure and steps.
4) if you are in a standard room, or any of the ground floor ones, then my sympathies are with you as this is a noisy place to be, the main area for eating/ courtyard is here so every morning early you will here the rattling of cutlery and chatter of guests. same as per evening. lucky we were in a good room.
4) the terraace is a wonderful place to eat howevr beware of the steps all around/ lighting / steps can be difficult even for young guests!!!!
Watxh the pounds as they are big on cream. suger and fatty foods, we could have done with a different cold desert other than halva/ baklava!!
4)One more annoying thing!!! watch out for the DAMN DRIVERS they appear out of nowhere and are a nuisence, its very dangerous they just do not care and I am surprised that the authorities dont wish to preserve this part of town which they boast about so much.
5) Dont take any note of the web site and its sea view.. as from what I saw its exaggerated.. those rooms are nice however u only see a glimmer of the sea!
6) ALWAYS HAGGEL THEY WILL RIPP you off the turkish are famed for this even the locals be prepared to walk away!!!. the mosques surround this area so thats also nice.
generally nice managers. This should discourage one, howveer i felt should be noted.
A must visit are side... nice harbour! and alanya boat rides.... tour up to the citadel which they call the castle. amaxing views!!! if i went again , i would stay in side. antalya old town can easily be done in a day and not suited to peopel who like the husstle and busstle, we were ok as we were out everyday.
LATst and finally... please be careful with the buses its very backward they stop randomly at anyone who put their hand out which makes youre journey time twice as long and frustrating especially when the next perosn is just a few yards away!!!